Want to run a historical game

>want to run a historical game
>players don't know shit and don't want to learn
>agree to play the game and then fuck around the whole time because they aren't invested

fucking shoot me

>run a game set in Colonial Montreal focused on French-British fighting and Catholocism
>the players make an Irish pirate and a Celtic pagan witch

>Celtic pagan witch
They were burned within the first 2 sessions, right?

I have the exact opposite problem.

>want to run a historical fantasy game
>the only people interested in history at Uni are /pol/acks
>all four of them have the same stupid fascist haircut
>they all realize they're among their own kind first session
>all four of the characters are Prussian elves with toothbrush mustaches
>it's like the Tremor Brothers from Smokin' Aces meets the Germans from Beerfest

>The game took place in Revolutionary Catalonia
I was sort of hoping for a grand struggle revolution sort of thing, instead I ended up running Accordion ISIS in Spain.

>start a campaign the players don't want
>turns out they didn't want that campaign
Pretty interesting yarn, my chum.

>I bullied my players into a game they weren't interested in playing, why aren't they invested?

Sounds like my kind of a party.

>Run a game only I'm interested in
>It doesn't work out
Fired up my neurons

I'd play your game, user.

The imagery of this is so fucking stupid that it actually sounds great.
>VEE ARE HERE TO REDISTRIBUTE ZEE BLUT
>JA
>TO ZEE DIRT
>JA
>VORKERS OF ZEE VELT, DIE!
>JA JA JA

Seems like you had a fun game.

Stormies kinda make for good players most of the time.

>want to run a historical game
>can't get any players because it's not anime bullshit

You should've realized this from the beginning OP, not every game is for every player. Either compromise and run something this people actually wants to play or run this game to different people.
>Not making an analysis of this during session zero

That sounds pretty boss.

>Accordion ISIS in Spain
where do I sign up

/pol/acks confirmed best players

>We're slowly turning /pol/acks into fa/tg/uys
Hopefully you were at least running a good game. You know. Not 3.5.

>Run a online 1-1 game of Vampire: The Requiem on a forum run by a fuckwit
>Give no fucks and half ass the story turning it into a vampire slice of unlife
>My player fucking loved it

>The game took place in Revolutionary Catalonia

INTRODUCE THEM TO THE GLORIOUS MAN KNOWN AS ESPERTERO.
WHOM DID NOTHING WRONG.

ESPARTERO NECESITO LAS BOMBAS, TENIAS RAZON.

Actually spain/moortugal/france is OG ISIS/kebab remover.

I don't see the problem senpai, just have them play part of the betrayer side if you're going for the last spanish civil war.

But again I doubt you have any idea about the country history or the civil war in general, bet you call franco's side the nationalist instead of betrayer too you reddit loving fuckwad.

Oddly, I've run a shamelessly pro-fascist game before, and the players loved it. I don't think they actually realized they were the bad guys, despite killing millions.

>Answering player questions about the setting before a campaign
>Briefly describe the government of the setting
>At least one player rolls up a revolutionary
>Briefly describe main religion of the land
>At least one player rolls up a persecuted heretic who holds secrets of church corruption
>Briefly describe an ongoing threat to the land
>At least one player rolls up a vocal sympathiser
>Rest of the players don't care and are just playing to kill things with their min/maxed murder-hobos
>mfw

Sometimes I wonder why I don't have a group any more, then I remember that I used to be a forever DM for a group of chuckle-fucks that did this for every game, campaign or one-shot.

>tfw when all my friends are /pol/acks

it's ok because so am I

The one stormie in my group is a hopeless romantic who always plays characters striving for an ideal he can never achieve. He's an exceptional role player too.

Not that guy and I've barely studied that war and seen its depiction in Pans laybrinth where it makes the Fascist side look evil as fuck.

There were no good sides in that war in my opinion. One was getting support from Hitler the other from Stalin.

>always plays characters striving for an ideal he can never achieve.
>He's an exceptional role player too.

>tfw never had a Bildungsroman player

>Come to realise you're a bit of a fascist
>But violent revolution would require some deeply evil and unchristian shit
>Retreat into romanticism which cannot be tarnished

It's not a difficult progression to follow, I would know.

I prefer Traitor, it sounds better in English. My father was Spanish, his family had to flee from Franco's purge, it is why I became a history teacher.

I was so dumbfounded by my players openly siding with him that it wasn't even offensive, I just considered it a lesson in values. Fascists have a fascinating (no pun intened) perspective on history, they see themselves as a sort of immune system for society. My dad agreed with this even though he was a Leftist, he used to say that "Falangismo is the sound of the camel's back breaking." When you push a society too far, it snaps and you get Franco or Pinochet in response. That sort of fight is always short-lived.

He wasn't fascist. He was the leader of a coalition that included fascists as a major party, Franco himself was just a retard. He didn't even enact any fascist policies, just regular totalitarian ones.

Pinochet wasn't a fascist. I really hope you're lying about being a history teacher because otherwise you're actively a detriment to society.

I'm from Quebec and I dont recall any witch burning here. Let me google that.

After a google search, we had a few trials for witchcraft, but only Marie-Josephte Corriveau seems to have been sentenced to death, by hanging.

Ah, no, he was just a regular old right-wing nationalist military dictator. That guy's mistake, certainly.

No of course not, Pinochet was fairly centrist in fact. Hell, Hitler didn't meet the technical rigors of fascism by Mussolini's standards, but I am referring specifically to the Fascist perspective. They tend to see themselves as a "necessary reaction" to bad ideas, and they often give honorary membership to individuals who made hard choices in bad times.

The same holds true in America. Salem's people were all hanged, not burned. One was crushed with weights. Burning witches was pretty much only a Spanish/German thing, and 99% of the time they were strangled beforehand to reduce suffering.

I wish people would put some effort into their images when they decide to make a partially transparent png

Well that second one I can understand. She better have been a Breton, though.

Maybe even the first, if it was between Stuart restoration attempts.

>be in a historical and combat realistic game
>other player describes some fantastical combat shit he wants to do
>think he must just be in fantasy mode, explain that can't happen in this setting or in real life
>Nope. He isn't stuck in fantasy mode, he cannot see that it would be unreasonable. He literally has no idea about bio-mechanics or real life combat

Sounds like your GM could have some fun making him fail at all the times he tries to something not realistic

pretty much what happened after a short while.
>I do THIS
>ok but you are only able to make it a few feet
>I hit this guy, kick his friend, and throw my dagger at a third guy
>ok but as you hit the first guy, his two friends kill you

>Want to run a game
>Nobody i know has my same interest about games
>Everybody proposes me to run something i hate

>be you
>asked to run a game I can't stand
>run game
>run it very well
>make it extremely difficult

>Sign up for historical game
>The setting is full of errors that even a middle schooler wouldn't commit
>DM furiously masturbates to SHITBROWNDIRTGRIMDERP
>Puts disproportionate effort into overblowing the portrayal of racism and sexism (not Tumblr-style "ism" , straight up "everyone but white human males are treated like cattle")
>Detailed descriptions, very detailed descriptions
>Realize i'm in DM's magical realm