/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

pinkladymage.deviantart.com/art/Star-Guardian-Janna-646326975
hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/PinkLadyMage/497102/Star-Guardian-Janna-uncensored
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice and simple

Dear CYOA authors:
Which of your CYOAs are you most proud of?

Fast food waifu CYOA when?

>200 pages
This is practically the size of a normal RPG rule book

Soonᵀᴹ

There's also a 44 page image version. It's a older version however.

Faction: Arcanists
Enemies: The Lich, The Sleeping
Allies: Eldritch Tutor
Items: Armor of the Alien, Living Spellbook

Maximum wizard mode. Hopefully I'll get strong enough to deal with my two enemies before they decide to take me seriously/wake up, respectively.

All of the ones that weren't successful.

Hey guys, remember when I said I wouldn't really be posting any more WIPs? I was wrong.
This time, looking for input on the format. The rewards for mundane and system missions would go in the free space right next to the titles of them.

Also, while the rewards for pursuing different reward paths of the galactic missions aren't really meant to be completely balanced against eachother, I want them to be balanced well enough and - more importantly - interesting enough to have each be worth taking on some build.

Ignore the Raia bit on the bottom, it's nowhere near finished being written.

>Origin & Background
The Now Watcher
>Skills, Perks & Traits
Low Tech Understanding, Common Ethereal Manipulation, Basic Ethereal Manipulation, Advanced Ethereal Manipulation, Master Ethereal Manipulation, Noble Bearing, Silver Tongue, Sage, Lucky, Educated, Teacher, Architect, Organizer, Memory, Alchemist, Runemaster, Field Leader: Evocation, Field Leader: Conjuration, Field Leader: Transmutation, Split Action, Immersed in the Ethereal
>Initial Equipment Requisition
>Clothing
Traveler leathers, MagisterTM Tier Robes, Imprinted Runic Inscriptions
>Weapons
Yuta Brace, Elder Staff
>General Items
Pegs, Basic Survival Kit, Basic Bag, ID Card, Magical Protection Vestments, Multiversal Timekeeper, Mathery Travelers Encyclopedia Vol 1-8324, Ring of Dispel, Aenathari Peach, Stasis Guard, Alchemy Set, Runist Kit, MagiblocTM Coinage, Spirit Bonding Charms, Toshamark Standard Computer, Warding Spirit, Spirit Walk Components, Self Operating Cooking Gear, Cohort Setup Package, Shrine Setup Package, Healing-Chip
>Little Things...
Forever Alone x4, I don't need no Governa's dalla! x10, Destined for Greater Things, Minor, Adherent: Magic + Power + Knowledge + Wisdom + Happiness, Accursed by Cena, Ae Child
>Factions, Departments & Others
Ethereal
>The Covenants
The Archmage Tower
>Allies
Angus 'Love-lich', 164, Architect, Renowned Architect [ж] + Mercia, 570, Ethereal, 'the greenblooded', Wise Lich Magus [ж] (Pair) (Designated Guardians)
>Home District
The Summoning Grounds
>Hubworlds
Home Lander
>PANIC BUTTONS
The God
>Path to Walk
Worries in the Daylight

Archmage Dandelion, 89, Ethereal, Field Leader []
>You find Dandelion just outside, giving a group of fledglings a basic rundown on magic, illustrating his lecture with detailed and entertaining illusions. He notices your attention immediately and asks if you would like to join.
+ Recruited from a very young age out of a technically average timeline with no ethereal presence, he was raised by Angus and Mercia and is still very close with them. In his childhood he gained a love and drive for magic, especially the arts of Evocation, Conjuration and Transmutation, areas in which he is now accepted as Field Leader.
+ The youngest mage to ever become a member of The Council of the Awoken Spirit and founder of the Convent known as The Archmage Tower. He can pull serious political clout when necessary.
+ If pushed he is powerful enough to crack a medium sized moon like an egg, and he's still getting stronger.
+ If you are interested in the Ethereal he will make time to privately tutor you if you wish, something plenty of upcoming mages would kill for.
-/+ 'Kill for' can be literal. Between his work and position in the Ethereal Department and his influence through The Archmage Tower he has unknowingly created a small cult of personality. His most devoted may or may not like you much depending on your relationship.

*Female Romanceable

+/- Extremely physically weak, but is fully aware of this and in a fight acts accordingly. Has actually mastered a variety of physical strengthening techniques, but prefers to use them for the sake of utility.
-/+ Semi notorious fetish for ethereal entities. This is about to bite him on the ass in a very major way. If you help out he'll owe you for life, doubly so if you have any Parental Instinct.
- Between his work and studies he isn't likely to see you often and rarely travels off world, but he will come for an emergency. He won't get along with any companions you have that actively dislike magic, he wont be aggressive about it but he will ignore them and dismiss their opinions.
+/- In the recent political instability he has been trying to keep things stable and calm down tensions. Personally, the way he sees it is the people taking advantage of the strife to further their goals are in violation of the first law and any action that needs to be taken in order to prevent a Time War is justified. He has been keeping very close tabs on extremist members of the Inheritors for this reason.
>"The nebulous depression many seem to feel when they finally understand the nature of the multiverse never ceases to baffle me. Alternate versions of me who inhabit other dimensions do not matter. Our life is as we make it my friend, let us make a masterpiece to behold."

>The Archmage Tower
As the Dakka Conventional Church is to firearms is the Archmage Tower is to the Ethereal, a recent Convent that has made its way to prominence in the Traveler cultural landscape. The tower is located in a pocket dimension on Ae's Ethereal plane and as such is extremely easy to get to it from almost anywhere provided you have an invitation. The Archmage Tower was created by Archmage Dandelion, a young member of the Council of the Awoken Spirit, in response to what he felt was a mild stagnation in the Ethereal Department caused by the normalization of magical phenomena and limited recruitment methods. Instead of wasting effort and making enemies in an attempt to rework the Ethereal Department he decided to make a Convent to project his ideals, which has been remarkably successful, recruiting members from all across the Factions, Departments and Independents.
>Requirement: A passionate love for the Ethereal arts.
>Free Trait: Immersed in the Ethereal - Your passion causes you to gain great instincts when it comes to dealing with the Ethereal. Your spells do not falter and you are skilled in your handling of spirits.
>Free Favor: As a member you will be privy to some of the more deep and esoteric Ethereal arts, and you may receive either tutoring in the Ethereal arts or a platform to teach others and develop your abilities if you wish.

Survival Island was the first one I ever wrote and remains my favorite. I I often return to the word document and add more to the original in terms of companions artifacts nemeses and cryptids, at this point I'm considering reworking it and making it from scratch one of these days with my new experience in working Gimp.

Island: Fog and Mist
Body Augments:
Minor Shapeshifting (33), Major Shapeshifting (27), Astral Projection (24), Age (21), Immortality (15), Void Walker (9), Superior Intelligence (6), Perfect and Infinite Memory (3), No Need for Food or Water (0)

Why be stuck on a tiny island when I have all the Multiverse to play with?

Faction: Arcanists

Enemies: The lich and The faceless man

Ally: Eldritch tudor

Artifacts: living spellbook and paraslayer

KAIFU

It was only my second cyoa ever, and I'm still certain I've put more work into than any of my other cyoas

>island
fog and mist
>body augments
gender [1]
age 12 [2]
minor shifting [5]
major shifting [11]
physical agility [14]
physical dexterity [17]
life [20]
immortality [26]
supernatural astral projection [29]
void walker [35]
>island augments
home (i guess it was small so now its moderate) [36]

I'll live a long time, be able to bring people to my island, but not leave except for 7 days a years. I assume I do not have to use all 7 days at once. I'll use my physical projection to see the universe and explore, while saving my 7 days to actually bring people or things back to my island since I get the feeling there's no portal involved with the projection.

My life won't be as luxurious as the Floating Gardens, and I won't have the house size of a Drifter, or the Island size of Expansion, but I will have nice peaceful home, on a beautiful and peaceful world. A place I could potentially raise a family unmolested by the horrors of the multiverse beyond. Since we have an islander net I'm assuming we can play video games together, so we won't be completely alone and it only seems I'm banned from other islands, we could in theory bring another islander over to visit.

>Posted in the middle of a giant build

the user who is making a traveler build posted just after me, not around me

if you're referring to the genie waifu cyoa, there's no getting around that beyond waiting like a day and at that point i might as well not post a wip

Test.

YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE

Usual answer, when you make it bitch.

Rest in Peace Thralland

Become the Genie CYOA when?

I just want a genie CYOA that doesn't sneak killing me into it.

Then don't take the drawback that implies you get killed.

Too close to home.

Threadly Reminder that Highlander is still taking builds (50ish more) for the 2.0.

Reposting this, with what I think are most of the criticisms addressed. It got kind of hard to keep track of them all. I'll probably make a proper version 2 sometime when I can get the file compression to act nicely.

(1/4)

>take marid
>wish for omnipotence

Well fuck that build.

It's innate to the CYOA, that drawback just speeds it up.

Yeah, but what were those?

Changelog?

>There is some freaky shit going on
T-the genie wants to kill me!

(2/4)

>Do you want the enemy to be unstoppable? Because the implication is only that hard with Broken Facade.

Please stop.

(3/4)

I'm unsure at this point. I was kind of scrambling to keep up with it all.

>I'm unsure at this point. I was kind of scrambling to keep up with it all.
Please give us a summary of what you remember.

>Now the peri only requires old friend for free
That is much better! thanks

Do you still get the bonus points from pitfalls that you are required to take? For example, Ifrit requires that you must take Mischievous Mind. Do you still get +1 point for that?

(4/4)

Honestly, I'm not married to the ending speech by the Little Sister, since I think it removes a little to much ambiguity, but hopefully it is clear that the real problem is option that borderline tells you not to pick it, and otherwise you just have freaky shit in your life and something rotten in the state of Denmark up in Heaven.

That is one of the best CYOAs I've seen, by the way. Great waifus, solid combination of real use and personality, and fun 'extras' like mechs.

The sections could use something that divides them more clearly. A simple horizontal line or something.

Also, see that place wgere the overview of Hekim ends and mission description starts? Yeah, text over black part of the planet and txt over brownish underlay makes this look really wrong. It really clashes. I don't know if removing the underlay, a different image or a text layout, or something to separate these two parts would help more. This is a particular case, but I get a feeling this would come up more often in full version.

Also, increase spacing between the image for the galactic mission and the text.

I am nothing but a ghost, my friend. Let me drift away.

Can you post the original image for companionship?

I need it for reasons.

Ifrit I guess. I'll uh, modify her "personality" later.
Voluntary. I would take weird science but it's a bad mix with Ifrit.
Excited. (Lets be honest, she chose to be a genie. For reasons.)

Body: Lithe. I do love fit petite girls.

Accessories: Collar and Leash, Heart Pupils. Like someone who became a genie for "reasons" didn't get heart pupils.

Outfit: Modern, Lovely Assistant. It's not like we cant just buy more dresses for her anyways so lets just give her the things she'd wear most often.

Mundane Skills: Courtesan, Entertainer. Ok I'll be honest. I love showing off and bragging about my pets.

Going to skip to pitfalls for points first [15]
Mischievous Mind - required
Memory Problems - This will be fun with my modifications later and her excited. This is just temporary right? [16]
Easily Trapped [18] Hell I might event trap her in different things myself for fun.
Small Business Owner [20]

Vessel:
Magic medium should be added on to another choice. doesnt describe the vessel otherwise.
Going to take Gemstone for less recharge time.

Cramped but cozy. She's going to be spending very minimal time in there anyways except to sleep. [20]

Domestic Goddess [8] 100 mile radius is pretty huge. With gemstone, it's basically 7 and a bit hours a day. Not too bad. She can spend it reading or lazing about. Doesnt even have to be all at once.

Perks:
Lust Potion (free) [8]
Love Potion [7]
Magical Realm [6] Well. I guess she's submissive now. And into a bit of humiliation. And being a pet. And being teased & shown off in public.
No Misunderstandings [5] Because, duh?
Guardian Spirit (Free)
Minor Psychic link [4] So she can read the mood better.
Minor Shapeshift [1] To spice things up a little every now and then.

Extra point so Endless Inlaws [2] I hope she can keep a straight face about her ah... magical realm in front of genies she knows. I know I wont stop.
Cursebane [0] Goes well with guardian to cover most of the bases.

Goals: All the things

No. I'm curious what those were, maybe I liked them.

That happens all the time, user. I posted a Traveler build when either Fulcrum or Eternal's Rising was being posted before.

Peri seem top-tier.
Criminal Record is already picked for me.
Happy to Be Here is the best choice.

Cute!
Barefoot and headlights. The body is the important part of the body.
Modern clothes will be very useful at times. Modest clothes for when that's advisable.
Scheherazade is something useful that I can't necessarily match. Businesswoman would supplement my own skills well.

Ring is the best because you can't lose it without losing a finger.
Cramped but Cozy I guess.
Patron Haint is pre-chosen by Peri.
Love Portion comes free with her personality.
Foresight is super useful.
Guardian Spirit too.
And lacking misunderstandings is necessary as a basic practical thing.
>Broken Facade
FUCK NO
Gold digger doesn't seem too terrible since I like that too, but I don't need it so I'll stay laid back.

Old Friend is mandatory.
Companionship, I guess.

You never got that. The Big Sister explaining how Perks and Pitfalls worked told you that if you got either for free or being forced into it by another choice, you don't get the free points.

No problem.

Opacity of opening speech textbox increased.
Some typos fixed
Peri rebalanced.
Abilities of Patron Haint clarified.
/u/ option, Be the Genie option.
Minor Perk rebalancing.
Ending speech by Little Sister clarifying the relationship between Broken Facade and the other mysterious shit happening to you.

Let me see if I can find it. Hold on.

Which powerlevel do I need to be transfered into the body of a little girl and/or made immortal? This is important.

yo is Bliss around? He was here earlier and I have a question.

I made Touhou cyoa and NEET dragon recently. That's all I'm willing to say.

Patron Haint of Veeky Forums

How the fuck am I supposed to stop all of heaven, again?

Why would you be fighting all of heaven?

If the 'positives' we receive are ultimately balanced out by all the misery and strife we'll experience like this CYOA says, aren't we better off just ignoring the bottle? It's guaranteed to make our lives worse.

Because they've apparently got it out for the player, according to the maker.

That's just a basement cyoa with infinity tacked on.

100 mile radius basically cuts california in half. Reaches from side to side. Pretty decent being able to move that circle once a year. Probably going to start by wishing for some sort of immortality/eternal youth. Then clairvoyance in the territory. Then teaching her how her queening and dominant attitude is silly and then reminding her exactly why she became a genie.

Going to try to make some general changes for the better that will persist after moving the circle. Healthier more open minded people, Less aggressive, maybe wish into being some sort of magical air/water filter within the territory. Increase how lewd everyone is on the inside. You know. General good for the world changes. Move the circle slowly and bring change to all the important places.

>Species
Marid
>History
Voluntary
>Attitude
Happy to Be Here
>Body
Cute
>Accessories
Heart Pupils
Devil Horns
>Additional Outfits
Modern
Chinese Dress
>Mundane Skills
Housewife
Businesswoman
Scheherazade
>Vessel Exterior
Gourd
>Vessel Interior
Pocket Dimension
>Powerlevel
Phenomenal Cosmic Power
>Perks
Love Potion
No Misunderstandings
Cursebane
>Pitfalls
Pure of Heart
Three Wish Limit
>Interlopers
N/A
>Life Goal
Power

>Ignoring the bottle
>Instead of having one (or two) genie waifus with the low low price of dealing with some weird shit wants to ignore it

Sorry but no

Your truest work yet.

Well fuck you then. If you really want honest praise you either just give a straight answer without having others pry it out of you or don't start things in the first place.

By the way, those two were crap.

>Some weird shit
The second to last paragraph states outright that it's a balance. The positives you get from the genies will be countered by setbacks and misery in your relationship with them and your life. So again, it's a net negative or a net 50/50, meaning you're actually worse off than if you didn't take the bottles.

I never wanted your praise. I was content to make my shitposts and leave; you were the one who dug.

I want to gauge whether or not this idea is interesting before I invest too much time into it.
The basic idea is that humanity accidentally opened a portal to Hell to end a war. And instead of doing the logical thing and never touching the tech again, they used it to make Powerplants and eventually FTL drives.
Choices should include skills learned at the academy, crew members, and missions. Alien species may or may not get included.

Oh hey, I just noticed that this CYOA erases your memories and kills you.

You really like wish fullfillment cyoas don't you?

So, the plot of Doom?

Looks interesting, though. Your text seems a little smushed.

Isn't that basically the new Doom?

I would like to point out that the Houri are the worst. Magical Ream + free lust potion is something you specifically, and rightly, warn against. It also makes the lewd potential of the shapeshifting sort of worthless or double edged at least.

Otherwise, I really like this. Good cyoa.

Currently going Ifrit myself.

I don't like CYOAs that somehow make my life more miserable than it would be without them.

SFW version
pinkladymage.deviantart.com/art/Star-Guardian-Janna-646326975
NSFW version
hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/PinkLadyMage/497102/Star-Guardian-Janna-uncensored

Easiest way is taking the two added perks on page 3. But made me laugh, so that is also an official answer.

Is that what you want your challenge to be?

Nope. Heaven is going to make things difficult for the Little Sister if they figure out whatever her "mistake" was. But otherwise Heaven is a giant machine of red tape, a literal celestial bureaucracy, that doesn't care about you unless you start making big trouble with a Phenomenal Cosmic Power, or Broken Facade.

You won't be alone this time. And if you find a 100 dollar bill and keep it, you now have to deal with the stress of knowing you could be robbed, Anything good carries some bad with it. That's life.

What is it this time? I'm assuming you're referring to the two added perks. In which case, no, it doesn't. You can ask for one specific decision you made to be erased, and only if you want that, and only a very specific kind of person wants that.

I will admit I have never actually played Doom. Any similarities are entirely coincidental.

If user can't have a perfect waifu who is capable of granting him wishes without also some level of challenge than he must whine

Then don't play, just stop whining constantly

Fag, I love CYOAs that introduce challenges like being stranded on an island or fighting on the front lines of a magical war.

>You won't be alone this time.
So? Again, the CYOA explicitly says that your life will be grey AT BEST. The genie actively sabotages your life to make it more miserable than it would be without her because of cosmic fate bullshit. The best course of action is for you to leave the bottle alone. You make it clear that your life is going to suck because of it.

Neither have I. Humanity tries to use Hell as a massive battery and it goes poorly. Still, it should be a good CYOA premise.

Oh, and limit placed on Bonus Bottle transfer points to discourage "burner" genies.

It's not like it's her only fetish. It's just her favorite, and sometimes she'll get just disgustingly into it. If you take Magical Realm with it, most of the time you'll be doing something you both like. It's just that sometimes she does something she doesn't like for you, and vice versa. It's intended to be a give and take, just she loves giving and loves taking.

>The genie actively sabotages your life
This is literally never said nor implied.

I really don't like the point balance of this CYOA. There are a lot of expensive options, but very few even minor point positives

I'm saying this because I think the maker didn't think it through, senpai.

So you enjoy suffering?

I missed the 15 points, works out better now. So much text to search, I was expecting anything related to starting points to be at the beginning.

Oh, and you can only wish for that if you were able to convince her that you being omnipotent would be a net benefit to everyone. Pure of Heart ensures that.

Yeah, sorry about that. If you can believe it, these walls of texts are actually really cut down from what I originally had. I might put a reminder about the 15 free points in the beginning.

>This is literally never said nor implied.
I don't mean SHE is, through her actions. I mean through her existence.

>Any hardships you encounter as a result of magic will be balanced by all the benefits you receive. So understand that, in your future, you will encounter setbacks and difficulties.

So when taking this into consideration, with the statement on balance, it means that any good that happens to you will be countered by equal misery. Your life is going to be 50/50 at best because of this, meaning it's going to be pretty shit.

Do you have notes on other things that you were thinking of changing? I notice houri is still not worth picking due to Magical Ream and being forced to deal with her fetish that you hate.

World Atlas and Intoxicating Aroma seem a little overpriced for what they do. The pitfall Magical Ream could probably use a small point boost.

Still no perk I want to spend that 1pt I had on my last build on. Don't want to be a girl or a genie.

Still think the whole shapeshifting line is too expensive for what you get. Doesn't compare to a full on Deity's power.

Nothing's really changed in my last build with these current changes, though it's great to see 2 new perks!..even if I'd not buy them.

>Species
Jeannie

>History
Voluntary
She wanted to be an immortal creature able to experience all the delights of life

>Attitude
Easily Flustered
But this is not exactly what she had in mind. Should have read the fine print.

>Body
Curvy

>Accessories
Tattoos

>Outfits
Modern

>Mundane Skills
Courtesan, Housewife
Not that she's always happy doing the latter

>Vessel Exterior
Perfume Bottle
Feminine my ass, I've got a fuckin genie

>Vessel Interior
Single Room (11)

>Power Level
Patron Haint (3)
Specialization: Comfy

>Perks
Love Potion (free)
Minor Shapeshift (free)
Lust Potion (2)
Magical Realm (1)
World Atlas (-2)
Minor Psychic Link (-3)

>Pitfalls
Short Circuit (free)
Mischievous Mind (-2)

>Interlopers
Small Business Owner (0)

>Life Goal
Novelty, side order of Companionship

Have a nice, laid back life with my genie. Travel some, relax, see the sights.

I honestly can't tell if you're just a dedicated troll or you're legitimately this autistic and retarded.

>It's not like it's her only fetish. It's just her favorite
The problem is that she won't be sexually satisfied, ever, leading to a miserable relationship.

Nobody wants to date a woman that's disgusting to them like the Houri is.

>Pointing out direct statements in the CYOA is somehow retarded.
I get that you don't like criticism, but don't act like this is your highschool experience where everyone is a bully.