New Rumor: 40k 8th edition release date and DG

So this just showed up today regarding 8th edition and was relayed back to faeit212.

miniwars.eu/2017/04/rumores-8-edicion-40k.html

translated at
natfka.blogspot.com/2017/04/release-date-for-8th-edition-40k-plus.html

What do you make of it my fellow neck/b/eards?
Is this there some legit sauce to this?

Yes, we've already seen the blurry starter set.
Plus the UltraDG promo art.

Sauce for starter set?

It's really not worth the effort, it's very blurred.
I'm sure it'll be up on dakka or something.

you mean this one?

Yes.

Those assault marines look fat
ಠ_ಠ

Oh so its meant to be a blurry crappy pick to tease us.

The leg on them look a lot longer like the other new marines we've seen. looks as if all the SM's models got upgraded in size

I don't think it;s a tease.
It was on the new site but got taken down quick when they realised they fucked up.

keks GW Dum Goffed

>implying the low res pics of numarines that GW took down weren't intentional """""leaks""""" to generate hype and discussion

They'd have kept them up and have a Youtube video about it now if that were the case.

Are formations still gonna be a thing in the new books?

No, but we're going to have 14 different FOCs to start that all factions have access to.

That seems somewhat questionable. No Space Marine demi-companies or anything???

>That seems somewhat questionable.

Why?.

Because they've been selling formations like crazy.
Formations are only in 40k and it seems strange to me that they'd take them out.

The new Grombrindal model is wearing the new armor, that sort of makes it pointless to take the pictures down. Not to mention that recently they've been quick to come out and clarify leaks.

They said the rules are free though, why would the go on sale?

It is ok. If you enjoy playing without paying points for your transport you will love the new "no poings" way to play

There's the starter set and there are also supposed to be five books which could be similar to the Grand Alliance books for AoS. AoS also got a book despite the rules being free, it mostly had lore. They could also borrow from the General's Handbook and show off the three ways to play.

We haven't actually seen them yet, so it may be a bit too soon to say. It's possible that one of them is an "armored assault" FOC which has free transports, who knows. It's just that everyone would have access to them.

I'm a newfag, but my understanding is that they were a 7e-only thing, introduced to try to incentivize fluffy armies and which led to awfully stale and even more restrictive meta. I'm a Tau player, and Riptide Wing is basically required if you want to play in a tourney.

Free unit profiles and we might get something like the basic version of the rulebook and then they start selling the full rulebook plus the faction books, it'd be weird as fuck if they made the rules free and had the exact same document for sale.

Most likely the rules will be available free online, but they'll still sell a physical copy.