Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's the best way to send off/kill off a PC whose player had to leave the game/had been kicked out?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/GLKBydzC
dorian-bc.tumblr.com/
youtu.be/bLU7qU2heac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Horns
>AND Ears
What the fuck is this?

>PLD baiting in the OP
You should be banned

Fuck you, OP. You don't have a fitting picture, you posted on page 7, and you're baiting with a bullshit lie that you KNOW is bullshit.

Report and ignore, everyone.

Pic related

The horns allow her to tap into radio signals and listen to her favorite sports radio stations, user.

I liked where the discussion was going in the last thread so I might as well ask it here too:

What's your favorite class archetype?

Why?

Alternatively, what's your favorite weird/non-optimized character build?

Why?

How do you write a backstory for a character?

Not, like. "How do you think of a backstory."

How do you actually get the ideas from your BRAIN to your COMPUTER SCREEN?

>Sigmund, you look like you have something to say, do you?
>Yes, I certainly do!
>[i have to go now, my planet needs me]

For anybody that wants to see them, I've got links to the original Starfinder livestream (involving a lot of playtesting with a mechanic, technomancer, and solarion) that goes between a playtest and proceeds into a Q&A session later on.

the second link is to a stream video where they tested out the starship combat system. No Q&A session here, but still very informative.

pastebin.com/GLKBydzC

Man, I wish I knew.

My head is full of ideas but every time I try to put anything down it ends up looking like inarticulate word vomit.

Presumably, via the same means you typed your question.

Summary?

Get drunk and type.

Proof read it in the morning.

If you end up deleting the entire thing, then drink the next time you proof read it too.

Who is your favorite Overlewd app, and why?

What do you not like about their app?

Gotcha covered. this is only for the playtest and Q&A session though, not the starship combat playtest.

Captain Slow is stepping out of PLD

I bumped it up to Weekly, plus the lewds and random crap between sessions, and that was too much commitment for him. Rather than rain on the parade for everyone else, he backed out.

There was discussion, negotiation, and lamentation, and then his narrative exit was planned and executed.

There are no hard feelings going on.

Hi Vult!

So did Vult kick captain slow is that what's going on.

Write them out in some way that leaves them disappeared, almost certainly dead. Million to one chance they survived. But there's no body.

Just in case the player can come back one day.

>tfw Sigmund x Gloriana never

Slow had to leave due to scheduling conflicts, he and Vult worked out a way to kill off his character. /pfg/ is doing its thing and being shitty about it. I'm laughing.

So much of this. I know exactly what my character's backstory is. I could write it out cleanly in bullet points, but that makes for a shitty presentation. I've spent several hours trying to make progress on actually writing something properly, and all the headway I've been able to make has been two small paragraphs that don't even actually broach the subject of where my character came from. "Inarticulate word vomit" is exactly right.

I guess I'll have to stop at the booze store on the way home from work tomorrow.

For additional reference.

I'll restate it here:

>Fahd, for being an asshole familiar cat and a hilariously fun concept
>Allanz, for being one of the first wave of knightboys
>Jaune, because that art is /hot/ holy shit
>the gnoll because seriously, no one has applied with any of the other monster races mentioned by Sleep, what the hell, only this chucklefuck?

That seems highly unfair, considering his story involved looking for his daughter. He couldn't have left the narrative in a way that kept him alive?

Suuuure, and that's why you named and shamed him publicly in-thread, right?

We all know you only accepted him because he was clearly the best applicant second to only Gloriana, and the backlash would have been immense.

You've been itching to remove him.

Yes, apparently Slow can't take the 24/7 PbP rape minisessions while he gets ignored with 6 hour long combats taking place on thursday where Vult fails at PF's rules and then rages because CERTAIN CHARACTERS won't just throw fights and get raped quietly or ditch so that he can rape characters.

Ignoring the bait, in my opinion the death of a PC should always have some kind of meaning or flair to it, that's why in the games that I run I always give each of my players one opportunity to have not died if it is at all feasible that they could not die from whatever is killing them.

In my opinion a Tabletop game is not just a game, it is a collaborative storytelling experience, and unless you're looking for a grisly Game of Thrones-esque tone where nobody is safe, having one of your players die to some mook while you're still in the Rusty Dagger Shanktown levels is a bit much to swallow, and should be avoided if at all possible.

Just write about anything, I find that the biggest roadblock to writing is the physical act of writing itself, but once you get going it's like a motor in your mind starts running and it allows you to begin going at a much more active pace. Also, do your edits after you're finished writing the backstory from start to finish, that way you can look back at it with a fresh pair of eyes to notice any mistakes.

>Stamina system
>Reduced reliance on magic in basically everything
OH BABY, I'M EXCITED

Shocking that Vult is a piece of shit and continues to be a piece of shit.

Yyyep. Looking forward to hearing more, myself.

>There are no hard feelings going on.

No one will ever feel his hard now

I start with bullet point / greentext versions of the major beats of the story. After that, I choose the order to present it all. Then just start expanding on each point in sequence. I also try to avoid passive voice when the app character is the subject of the sentence, and usually try to put a comma in each sentence from having modifiers and things. Then kinda just iron it all out, until it's ready to post. Though this method usually needs one or two major rewrite/revisions after posting, so gotta have time for that.

This brings up a point I've wanted to ask for a while--what makes male art hot?

I've been kind of hit or miss with it, and most of what I like is still pretty anime. Pic related was what went over the best for me.

I've had this happen to me after needing to leave a campaign. The DM just wrote my character out, but they didn't have them die- I think the words they used were "[my character] decided that maybe delving into dark dungeons and fighting spooky bugs and stuff wasn't her sort of business, and so she said her goodbyes and sought out better business" just in case I could return I couldn't, but I did appreciate the sentiment, and it leaves open an avenue for further exploits/solo sessions with that character when the GM finally has time for it.

Muscles and confidence dude

I like this

Big muscles, shirtless, actual sex appeal.
Not a 40 something year old looking human with a huge mustache in full plate.

>the best applicant second to only Gloriana

Gloriana was shit
Lesbian Cavalier was Strictly Superior

>Fahd
>Asshole cat

maybe the player is trying to figure out something, but right now it doesn't really read like an app for an evil campaign

>Not a 40 something year old looking human with a huge mustache in full plate.
Seriously, the amount of art that I've seen that is some variation of this is retarded. Do you know how hard it is to find young, non-edgy, non-anime art of arcane casters?

>once you get going it's like a motor in your mind starts running and it allows you to begin going at a much more active pace

That's exactly how things normally go for me but this time I can't seem to start things flowing. It's like, damn, I had an easier time starting my papers in college than this.

What I'm really struggling with is an introduction or start to my backstory that doesn't feel clunky or unnatural. Hm, how can I explain it... It's like if writing a backstory started with a camera slowly zooming in on or panning over to the character, I can't find a camera angle that doesn't look amateurish.

>Gloriana was shit
>Lesbian Cavalier was Strictly Superior
Exhack was impossible to schedule

Why do you say that about your own app?

Pretty hard for arcane casters yeah, much easier for the martial types for sure.

Okay, so what makes this hot?
Might I assume it's the smile and stance?

Dear DSP

Why does Zealot not have Acrobatics as a class skill when it has Piercing Thunder

Yours with Confusion,
Me.

Can't disprove my first point, bitch.

She was a rotten slut and nothing more

Tieflings just make me feel so horny man

Don't Disciplines give you a thing as a class skill?

So presumably it's so if they ditch that, they don't get it.

>TFW no errata ever

CONFIDENCE.

There were 5 slots to fill! Not just the one

Has also been a wonderful player so far

Then what you need to do is intentionally write the backstory in a way that IS garbage, even though you know it is as you're writing it, and then after you're done do what I said about coming back to it later but with the mindset of "how can I rephrase this to sound better?"

They become NPCs, and help the PCs from behind the scenes.

When I have an idea, I type a few sentences. Then, write more events that had to take place before those few sentences. Finally, add some more sentences that describe how they met the party.

Mede was blatantly a Diamond Dog and Exhack's schedule is in shambles.

Hmm, so disregarding the aformentioned mustache knights, what's a good counter-example, like an unconfident looking character who turns you off?

Literally every shota meme ever posted.

OKAY /pfg/ WHICH ONE?

Not him, but I really wanna p@ the c@ and drag him to the bedroom to get him to be less of a pussy

It's a hard tie between bottom left and bottom right...

1st one, without question! I love me a swimmer's build.

Bedroom eyes

The bottom middle.

Top left, bottom center, or bottom right in equal measure.
If I couldn't get those, bottom left, or top right, in that order of priority.

Since drawing is the only marketable talent I have I figured I might as well take a crack at selling character art. That being said, I don't really have a clue as to how to go about it. I thought /pfg/ might have some insight so... here I am.

Have you ever commissioned character art before? How did it go?

How do you go about finding an artist to commission art from? Is there a specific website you typically go through?

What do you look for in an artist? What sort of style most appeals to you? Realistic? Stylized? Anime?

Do you usually look to commission full body artwork, or do portraits appeal to you as well?

What's the most you've paid for a commission? Was it worth it? What do you consider to be a fair price for commissioned artwork?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer me. I really appreciate it.

What are the translations of these?
I think I can get some of them...
>Top center = Pretty-boy
>Bottom center = Handsome
>Bottom right = Good man

Shucks, thanks! I really appreciate getting to play with ya'll.

>All of this mustache hate
A crime most foul if I ever saw one.

>Mede was blatantly a Diamond Dog

Who were the Dogs, in the end? Do we have a roster?

>Forty
>Year
>Old
>Men

Well at least you aren't a LN OD/ZS military type

pfg's resident commission artist is BC/Dorian, they advertise through their tumblr
dorian-bc.tumblr.com/

And gained publicity by talking about their campaign often in here while occasionally posting relevant doodles.

Truly, it is most unbecoming.

>He's 27
>Looks like he's two weeks from retirement
Rommy had a hard life

(You)
>>That's the one where you obliterate yourself from existence in exchange for a party rez, right?

Yes. The whole scene was completely dramatic. The party was facing down against an avatar of a demonic goddess. Though the goddess was not the actual enemy. It was a very strange adventure where there was much travel and questing (since the whole thing did end up lasting from levels 1 to 20)

The monk, funnily enough, was the only character left from the original level 1 party. Every other party member was replaced once or twice because of them dying or leaving the party.

So the GM decided to make the transition to epic levels a hard section. The monk's quest was to become truly perfect and find enlightenment, as his whole character idea was a stoic martial artist of a faith few follow. To truly become a master of his faith he needed to defeat the avatar of his faith (The party was planecrossing at the time on the knight's quest for the shield of the sun, and the wizard's quest to slay his brother who was a powerful epic level lich, etcetc) and the dragon goddess of his faith was captured by the lich who was seeking to ascend and become the new god of death and time. Through powerful deific artifacts the lich was able to control the goddess in her imprisonment to an extent, summoning forth her avatar for the party to fight.

After two sessions of several difficult encounters through a plane of time and death that the lich had created, it culminated in a fight right below his tower with the dragon goddess's avatar.

Good and Caring Daddymode

Vier, Mede, uhh....shit. I need to go look at the names again to refresh myself.

No
DeviantArt
Depends on the campaign theme
Full body
Have not paid, so I'm not sure what to ask

>Lesbian Cavalier

That immediately sounded cool as fuck to me and then I realized it was just a cavalier + lesbian.

I wonder if this says something about me.

Mede didn't even apply to PLD.

Vier was the only confirmed dog.

Having your brother (as well as the only family you've ever known) go MIA really doesn't help.

youtu.be/bLU7qU2heac

>that spear design blatantly ripped from Guild Wars Nightfall

This is helpful, thanks. I'm actually surprised I've never heard of this person before.

Succ, calm down. Someone somewhere wants the Succ. You just have to find them!

All can be hot but top middle is likely a fuccboi

Keep on

I wish we had more. Old men are the best lovers.

Looks like some kind of circlet.

What the fuck was Exhack's character named?

Oh, right. Maice. I meant Maice.

Maice, Pene, and Vier are the ones I'm aware of.

There was a rumored fourth dog, but I never managed to figure out who it was and nobody I spoke to knew, either.

What is a fuccboi

A fuccboi is a fuccboi dude, you know em when you see em.

Hi Slow. How does it feel to not be quite as popular as you were? Surprisingly bad, I take it?

Skinny, weak-looking, generally pretty boys.
Basically they're bitch-boiz.

Competition for the attention of women.
All other men besides you are fuccbois, and as such are less deserving of pussy. I mean, clearly, they don't UNDERSTAND what women want like you, they aren't MANLY or SENSITIVE like you. Even if you are neither of those things.

What would you call a skinny weak-looking, ugly boy?

t. Vult

Slow is a treasure.

I can't speak for anyone else but I can tell you what I look for when on the hunt for artists:
1.) I've commissioned several pieces of art from a few different artists, a wide number of them for use in PF sessions. Most of them have gone fairly well, though I've tried to get a piece done by Dorian and I've had a bit of an issue getting him past the sketching phase, I haven't even paid the man yet and he seems to have pulled a bit of a disappearing act on me, a shame really.
2.) I typically am already well aware of the artist before I commission them, I never look to ask for one from someone I don't know.
3.) Art style depends on the subject matter, for PC portraits I prefer a realistic style, for non-PF or NPCs I'll usually go with stylized.
4.) Full body is normally reserved for showing off the whole character if I feel they deserve it, otherwise portraits all the way.
5.) The full body header for my session was $80 from one Mr. Siden, you can find him on Tumblr, but I've also received similar work from other artists for almost half as much, so it all really depends on what you think your art is worth.

(you)

>me
>skinny

Oh that's easy, silly! Goblins of course.