Warhammer 40,000 General /40kAoSg/

Tyranids squated, nurgle is the responsible in the next campaign edition

>previous thread
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Proper Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=ld2ExbUz6t8

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Could someone please make a non-meme general?

2nd for buff railsides

What are you guys gonna run in 8th edition? Im going to go full on Raiders because its about damn time they became decent!.

Not until 8th lands.

>Next Question?

How likely are CSM to get some actually decent fluff in 8th edition? I'd like for once to be able to have a victory that is attributed to actual skill instead of 'muh overwhelming numbers' or 'muh warp storms'.

No point in making lists until we actually know the rules.

Where do you even buy this? No stores carry it.

GW says they want to make Imperium vs Chaos be "the" big storyline in 8th edition, so odds are Chaos is going to get a lot of spotlight time.

Why are chainswords so frequenly shown to be used in marine vs marine engagements when they're useless against power armor?

To be fair that doesn't necessarily mean the fluff will be good. But who knows anymore, Gathering Storm was ok.

Yeah but what kind of spotlight. I'd rather be a minor yet competent threat than some hyped yet incompetent cartoon villain. Just look at what happened to Be'lakor and pretty much every Chaos commander even Abbadon in some cases getting their asses handed to them in humiliating manner due to their own retardation.

Toy stores.

Because they're standard issue.

new mk9 marine sprues have a couple of female heads btw

Good to see some BA representation.

Do the Eldar need to go to the bathroom?

Might as well try to punch each other to death.

>I'd like for once to be able to have a victory that is attributed to actual skill instead of 'muh overwhelming numbers' or 'muh warp storms'.
muh eleven gorillion years long war
muh unstoppable chaos maygicke

Oh man don't even mention nu Ahriman to me.

Was 1000% better when he was a minor villain off doing his own shit and being competent at it.
Rather than his 'Reeee I killud Muh Leeejun let's kidnap footbitch'

I mean when you have about five minutes to shove it into someone's guts it can cut through the abdomen of power armor really easily.

>Not until the generals die
FTFY

>can't even greentext right
You fucking drunk shit, what are you even trying to say?

7th Age fucking when? I miss the old universe...

>female
Those are blood angel heads idiot

Replying to bait.

What, where did you see that?

>Imperium split in half by a fuckhuge warp storm

It seems extremely doubtfull.

i've got a friendly casual match tomorrow and i'm playing SM for the first time. anyone care to rate?

>contempt/terms/captain ride shotgun on the storm raven

I wish 8th edition made having hordes of Sisters of Battle viable. I hate painting my bolter nuns for days so they can spend all game hiding in an immolator or dying in one turn.

Serves you right for being a trap-loving waifufag.

Is this a good time to get into 40k? I've been wanting to get into it with a friend for a while, but haven't had the money until now - but from what I understand, a new rules set just got released or something which apparently upended the universe?

What do? If it makes any difference, I want to play Skitarii/Mechanicus and he wants to play Necron.

The rules are coming out soon, they aren't out yet.

>GW is turning 40k into another unfinished game like AoS
At least it's not AoS, but it's surely showing they don't know what to do
>muh 7 a clusterfuck
See ya when you realise how much of an unfinished game is going to be, I just hope AoS second edition and 9 have a proper rule set instead of rushed shit to protect the IP, and yes that's the reason why the games were rebooted

Fuck you, I want to play Tyranids. Specifically big bugs. I haven't played since you ran two hive tyrants, three dakkafexes as elites, and three gunfexes as heavy support with a pair of token troop slots.

Here's a basic list in anticipation of 8th ED, ~1850pts.

HQ - Winged Tyrant, 2 TL Devourers
HQ - Winged Tyrant, 2 TL Devourers
HS - 2x Carnifex, 2 TL Devourers
HS - 2x Carnifex, 2 TL Devourers
LOW - Barbed Hierodule
2-3x Spore Clusters if troops are compulsory in 8th
Fill with wargear/biomorphs

Would this just get shit on, despite looking neat and scary in my head? Does it stand a chance. Are there things I'm overlooking that big bugs wants to take in this day and age? Is there something to improve on? Should I cut the Hierodule?

TELL ME THINGS. But I want to keep it as Nidzilla as possible.

Why are bolters shown so frequently shown to be used in marine vs marine engagements when they're useless against power armor?

Or the point costs for that matter...

This too.

I just want people to acknowledge that blood angels are the best 40k husbandos

I actually started Sisters because I love amazons

8th will be here in a month or two, so a box of Rangers/Vanguard and a box of Warriors will do you fine for now to learn how to paint. Watch Duncan on Warhammer TV to learn how to paint Warriors and Skitarii.

Also, be warned that Skitarii are hard to paint, m8.

Nice b8 m8

>What is the concept of limited availability
>What do you mean the mechanicum doesn't know how to build volcano cannons fast and efficient enough to give every Imperial Guardsmen at least three of them.

Skitarii...hard to paint? They are pretty easy imo. Lots of metal bits and metal is very easy to do.

Noted. I was wanting to grab a box of Start Collecting, should I not?

>Skitarii are hard to paint
It'll be a learning experience. I don't doubt I'll be frustrated but still have fun.

>Flying Hive Tyrants with TL devourers
Cheese and overdone

>Carnifexes with TL devourers
Spammed cheese, and overdone

>barbed hierodule
Actually kinda cool

Tbqh, you should wait for 8th to come out and play Nidzilla as a glorious melee race, like nids should be.

But yeah, wait for 8th so we can all actually see the rules.

They're only difficult if you decide to be super autistic with all of the wires.

They aren't all that frustrating to paint. They've got a bunch of metal bits and the only real hard part is finding all of them. And even that is solved by looking at pictures of them.

The respective start collectings contain both of those units. They'd be a great start

Yeah, the Start Collecting boxes are great, both Skitarii and Necrons save quite a bit.

The start collecting boxes are well-priced (for GW) and will likely still be basically viable in 8ed...go nuts

The SC boxes are pretty good. Just be careful to note that points wise, the Necron one is a bit more than the Skitarii one, iirc.

I would be rather surprised if they stopped making "start collecting" sets when 8th edition hits. Maybe they'll even make new revisions?
Anyone remember Battleforces and Battalions of old? Whatever happened to those?

>Spammed cheese, and overdone
It's my understanding that everything else is shit. Venom Cannons are now shit. Melee is shit. And all the cool stuff for the Hive Tyrant is shit.

Maybe I should just say fuck it and lead them into glorious slaughter with Old One Eye at the charge?

>Actually kinda cool
I want the big fucker no matter what. Only alternative is switching to the melee big fucker.

>you should wait for 8th to come out and play Nidzilla as a glorious melee race
I would love to do that. I'm not buying/assembling anything until 8th Ed anyway, but just looking at list crafting. I'm hoping the rumor of a 1xHQ 2xHeavy FOC is true.

>tfw my kill krusha wont have rules anymore

Yeah but what's even the point if they can't even hurt each other?

Start collecting box for Skitarii Nets you a Mechanicum Hq from the Cult Codex instead of Skitarii, Since Skitarii don't have an HQ slot for their detachment it's kind of a waste and makes the box not as great as it could be.
Still a good box though the models all look gorgeous

I hope they'll include rules for looted wagons in the starting ork rules at least.

FUCK NIDS AND FUCK ORKS

It does let you run a Dominus Maniple though. With 8th ed coming out it wouldn't surprise me if Skitarii and Cult can be run together, but who knows.

Or my blasta bommer

It's... Beautiful.

So I'm pretty sure the High Lords aren't too happy about Rowboats return.

How long until the Minotaurs Chapter starts pulling some new bullshit against the Ultramarines?

>Chapter Maste Asterion Moloc
>Moloc
>Moloch

Oh fuck, is GW secretly redpilled about bohemian grove?

Because space marines weren't ever really intended to fight space marines. They were designed to fight Orks, and humans that weren't part of the Imperium, whose tech ranged from spears, to Imperial Guard, to Tau, to Ad Mech.

Against normal dudes and Orks, bolters work fine as a basic weapon. For specific targets, you have marines with special weapons.

>tfw you still can't decide what army you should work on for glorious 8th edition making your shit not shit

It seems likely that AdMech and Skitarii will be merged in 8th. They're listed together under a single faction on the new website.

new start collecting boxes were confirmed by some user.
we'll have to see if any other boxes get released for 8th but I'm pretty sure there will be new bundles to replace armoured assault since they were successful weren't they?

>They were designed to fight Orks
[citation needed]

>Orks exist during the Horus heresy
>Orks are one of the most numerous Xenos races
>Emps wants an army to conquer the galaxy and kill all xenos

Maybe not specifically, but they were in mind to be certain.

I hope so, separating them was a pretty weird call.

I highly doubt they'll axe AA boxes. They're essentially perfect for everyone. I don't even need the troops, and I was considering buying one for my CSM just to have the extra bits along with the chaos rhino.

I don't know why GW hates the concept of looted Ork vehicles so much. It's like they don't want to sell Rhinos and Goliaths and Leman Russes and Tauroxes to Ork players.

Oddly enough both the 7th ed Cult Mech and Skitarii books say "Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus" already. GW is fucking weird sometimes.

Antagonistic races during the great crusade.

1. Orcs
2. Humans.

by the looks of things lethality is being reduced somewhat. So 8e should alleviate that.
Cover improves your save (sisters in a forest with 2+). AP effects you more frequently, but less intensely. AP4 weapons now reduce your armour save, but even against AP you still get a save.

On 8e i expect that removing whole squads at time will usually take some serious focua firing.

Orks were a footnote before the Primorks started their WAAAGH!
Also you're ignoring all the text that says they were designed to be the ultimate warriors to protect humanity, not "warriors to kill orks"

I should probably buy three squads of repentias now and hope GW rebalances the codex to allow me to use them.

>find FW recaster on ebay
>I'll wait until I get paid to buy anything
>check his store
>everything taken down
>mfw

So I'm working on Magnus

and for a second I thought 'Maybe I can make him look like Kars from JoJo' because of his sexy chest and flock of hair

I could probably mold a jewel to put in his chest to represent the Aja Stone...should I do it?

You didn't answer my question.

The info for 8th ed confuses me so far. Everything you do is supposedly going to have more meaning and yet survivability seems to be up.

Fuck off with your spam, you double nigger. Do your Night Lords if you really can't decide.

I'm probably going to start CQC Space Wolves after Gencon. For now it's save up for Gencon time.

To me it just seems good armour saves got worse and bad armour saves got better.

>yet survivability seems to be up.

Until you start losing models due to battleshock, everything is more durable but bad decisions are deadlier than ever.

the biggest reason is the change in AP.
By the looks of things AP4 is now going to be -1 save mod. So it now effects everyone somewhat. But now only outright ignores 6+ saves. In 8e stormtroopers get a 5+ against Assault cannons instead of nothing. but now terminators also don't like them because they get reduced to 3+.

fromm whatve seen its going to now be normal to only lose 2 or 3 guys to a decent amount of shooting at a time instead of none or basically all.

I wanted to start playing 40k with shadows of armageddon ... Is there a hardcover version that I can get? I dont want to haul a softcover book around in my gaming bag because it will get wrecked... I like to keep my hobby stuff in fine condition. the pdf isnt a great alternative because i use my hobby time to get unplugged ( i work at a computer all day long).

40k is turning into AoS because of turnover of casual players. They want teens to play this

Because GW hates kit bashing now and so they'd have to make a model for it

It sounds like it'll be a lot more important to not just run naked squads since basic weapons probably won't have any rend on them.

>"I want to be honest with you guys. I may be one of the best player in the world and the last game I lost was 4 years ago"

You'd figure they'd love kitbashing since it makes you buy more shit. Then again there's no guarantee you'll be kitbashing with more of their shit and not some other company's.

they wouldnt dare act against a primarch

I want to pick up some Tartaros Terminators, should I trust these eBay listings at all?
>no pictures of sprues
>just GW promo pictures
>near 50% off normal GW price

>Leman Russ kit with an ork upgrade sprue
HOW HARD CAN IT BE

>even against AP you still get a save

Everything sisters has a 6++ save including the tanks, so we always got a save regardless.

Hordes of Sisters should do fine biased on what we know now, however, the game might still favor a MSU style of play, especially with the new Ld rules aka AoS bravery.

>what are bits

Wait a while, they're cyclical.

Dont some people break down the boxes and split the contents? Check their sales history and see if they have succesfully sold these piecemeal kits in the past.

You should read the title. They're cheap because they're from the BoP kits, which are the same thing in the solo release.