Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Tau are mid tier army Edition
That makes (you) a low tier player sub-Edition

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Proper Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3S33UELJY

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40000.com/setting/explore-the-factions/
youtu.be/ulVI9OHseMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for the first

Post yfw you never bought your own templates

THird to make Commorragh great again

The Tau should have their first Dyson spheres under construction.

I was just actually going to get a set of green transparent templates in sprues but now it doesn't seem to matter anymore.
Can't wait to see my baneblade doing 30D6 hits with it's main cannon though

And killing one unit. Rip murdering several units.

Yeah, that's actually a real problem with that system.
I wonder if they're going to address that with Blast weapons.

If a unit is 2d6 inches in range of the unit you're attacking, wounds spill over.
I guess it could work like that, might need to crunch the numbers though.

Needs more wendy marines

>GW thinks this is easier than just scattering a template or measuring a circle with X" diameter
Seems about right

As far as I know some spells in sigmar can hit all models within x distance but since they've removed templates such a situation will be rare at best. But without it I don't see the point in units like the deathstrike.

Blast weapons are probably just weapons that hit a single unit a lot, possibly with a higher chance to hit larger units. Faster than the current system but not quite as interesting imo.

Although they say they've removed templates,they could just be talking about the flamer template, because that's the only one called a "template" in the rulebook right now. Blast templates are just called "blasts" or "blast markers" if I remember correctly.
I probably remember wrong.

CHOOSE
YOUR
ALLIANCE

Real version: Imperium/Chaos/Aeldari/Other Xenos/Scenery book

>measuring a circle with X" diameter
i reckon we're going to get that for some stuff.

AoS does it to I think.

they've also said the Scatter dice is gone though.

Do the Tau get access to the webway, then?

Oh well time to make a noose out of my red measuring sticks

They could have possibly come up with another system but I doubt it. Though depending on the size of any pseudo-blasts having a template on hand might have it's uses.

Only if you give them tons of blueberries!

there won't be a sceney book part of the 5.
GW directly said the updated army rules will be in 5 books.

Someone posts this in every thread. I'm almost ready for 8th ed to come out just so it stops because it only results in shitposting.

>tfw have to probably buy 3 books
Such is life for multiple army fags

can you imagine the shitstorm when it does come out and everyone will still be screaming baseless assumptions even though you can read the rules for free online?
I'm just gonna wait until I can download the pdfs desu
Unless the Imperium book is somehow actually awesome.

Dude, it's just a compilation. You can just wait for the specific codexes to come out.

>Psychic phase spoilers today
This will either be really great or complete dogshit. I'm leaning towards dogshit since even Sigmar has a really shitty track record with magic.

I mean Psykers and Magic were always really different, so I don't know.

Hopefully deny the witch will be better than the shitshow it was in 7th ed.

Anything other than "there is no more psychic phase" is intothetrash.jpg

Well, i like the idea of an army codex, and they do look quite nice, but I prefer books over pdfs.
So if 8th hits and the books look nice, I'll buy them.
>inb4 using books vs using tablets skubbery happens
Skub is best

As a Thousand Sons and Tzeentch Daemons player, I agree.

I would prefer books too, but I don't want to pay like 80 bux for one if they're actually going to contain rules and fluff for 4 or 5 armies at once.
Especially since Codexes no longer have hobby sections, only rules and "gib us more monies"

I wouldn't mind a AoS-esque hero phase though.
Just return 6th ed casting and buying powers for points and we'll be good.

Adeptus Mechanicus Player here.

I'm worried I'm going to get my comeuppance this edition. At least against my regular opponents.

Also I suspect Belly Cawl is going to get nerfed, sorry buddy, you had a great 2-3 months

You should be happy that GW merged Skiitari and Admech together

Also RIP Scions and Khorne Daemonkin

I expect him to have more wounds honestly. But he might have to actually roll to see whether or not he regains wounds at all instead of auto-repairing.

Well we don't know that they've been merged. The should be, but then again they should have been in the first place.

No one wanted Scions to have their own army though.

>You should be happy that GW merged Skiitari and Admech together

Meh, my local FLGS and GW did that anyway (except for tourneys) but it'll be nice not to have to buy 2 codexes,

>we don't know
warhammer40000.com/setting/explore-the-factions/

Looking forward as well.

Inherent deny dice are mandatory, Adamantium Will as is is shit.
Denying on a 5/6 is great, but look he rolled a 1 so only one unit in your army gets to try to deny..

Also i'd love 1/1 peril, 6/6 irresistable force.

Kindly no 8th edition/Gathering Storm, especially if you're just here to troll or shill. For all intents and purposes it's Not The Same Universe.

They said in the live faq the faction listings there are more for fluff, not a reflection of the factions that will have rules at release.

For all intents and purposes you're a fucking idiot and belong in a different general

It was the nastiest most money grabbing shit GW pulled in a long long time.

there was no fucking reason to split the codex, fluff or practical reasons except to sell x 2 codexes for a long awaited faction.

It's be literally no different to having x 2 space marine codexes - SPACE MARINE INFANTRY CODEX - SPACE MARINE VEHICLE CODEX

I still get mad if I dwell too hard on it. fuck it, am mad now.

GW did mention them being cheap.

they sound like they're basically going to be the same as AoS grand alliance books. which are only $16-$35 depending depending on their size.

For all intents and purposes you shouldn't have responded to blatant bait

The hilarious thing is, just like those fucking retarded, autistic, mentally ill WHFB fags... there will be an equal amount of spastics doing the same thing for 40k

Make your own general then.
You can call it "Warhammer 40.000 7th ed general /40k7g/"

It'll help up divert the shitposter attention as they spot your low-hanging fruit from miles of.

I mean raging about WHFB -> AoS is perfectly justified because AoS basically murdered WHFB and removed everything players liked about WHFB, while 40k is still 40k.

but it is the same universe. GW straight up said the setting isn't changing in 8e.

You mean "SM HQ, Elites and HS" and "SM Troops and FA"

>Play DoW 3
>it confirms that Gorgutz won Dawn of War : Soulstorm

How does this make you feel, Veeky Forums.

No, this should.be 40k general. 8th edition is not 40k, it is a different game, in a different universe.

And Gathering Storm is just the buildup to it. Nobody wanted it. It is barely 40k. Why don't you make an 8th edition general so you can discuss your functionally different game and universe rather than shilling it here?

holy fucking kek

1d4chan and IGfags on suicide watch

Kindly no DOW3, especially if you're just here to troll or shill. For all intents and purposes it's Not The Same series.

Does it matter?

What exactly does it say?

Cause I made this General.
And nearly every straight-faced non-meme general for the last two weeks.

Yes, Gorgutz owns Stubbs skull

Oh, Gorgutz came back for DoW3?
I didn't pay any attention to Soulstorm.

Mid-tier fish from a small pond afraid of the big tierless sea detected.

>Creed is gone
>Stubbs is gone
>all the IG heroes are dead

rip imperial guard

soon you will join your whfb empire brothers in hell

Untill you get Bluddflagg as a mercenary leader, nothing.

Yarrick isn't and he's basically the only IQ Special Character I knew of for years.

What if the little men return?

>THIS
>IS
>BAIT

He posts this stale faggotry every thread.

Still mildly upset about Creed... he cared about Cadia, wasn't some memetastic piece of shit like Marbo, loved by his troops bah fuck it

One of the Ork missions. After he conquered the system in Soulstorm and found records about a WAndering planet with Mega-loot that everyone want to loot, he came to look for the Wandering Planet.

They did come back. They just ended up in a different universe.

>Le Kharadron Maymay
When will this end

It's cool. Pask and Yarrick are the only named characters I use anyway fãm.

>How does this make you feel, Veeky Forums.

Pretty good. Nice to see Gorgutz winning for once, and the Guardfags who claim they won getting BTFO good and proper.

So when people say that 8th is practically AoS with S/T it's trolling. But this obvious troll you respond to? Idiots

Someone explain to me the "Deny the witch" rule

Deny the Witch is 0/2 for good implementation. The entire idea is retarded. Give each faction some sort of anti-psyker mechanic.

>tfw I want the admech to have some sort of anti-psyker binaric chanting.

>>youtu.be/ulVI9OHseMA

You hopelessly throw a handful of dice that are hoping for 6s against a bucket of dice that are hoping for 4s or maybe less.

If i get a anti shooting phase ability. Deny the shot throw so I can skip your battle cannon once

Those are called armor- and invulnerable saves you faggot.

Remind me of all of the battle cannons that forced opponents to fire snapshots at me.

Okay so deny the witch counter the psychic phase if you roll a 6 ?

Yes. If you roll a 6, there is no psychic phase and we can all go home.

Yea all witchfires ignores all saves. Yup
I have never used invis, it's a stupid power that shouldn't have existed in the first place. Nor summoning...
And I can't deny the canticles, deny the orders, deny the whatever either.

pask is alive. he was not even on cadia.

Anyone here from Mass? Usual playgroup is unavailable for a few months and it would be refreshing to play against some other armies.

Is assault going to be good again in 8E?

I want to get my Black Templars back in the game

No one knows. Disengaging from Close Combat is a thing but we haven't heard anything else from it.

Yay

Gorgutz massacred the Blood Ravens in Kuarava. The Blood Ravens owe him a debt of Blood.

I don't know why Relic choose to make the Orks the victors there. Usually it's the Imperials.

That doesn't mean the orks won overall, just that they fucked up the blood ravens.

I just wanna know if it's any good and can my computer run it decently.

IGFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

THE STUBBS MEME IS FUCKING DEAD

GORGUTZ FUCKING WON

This is it? This just means he bullied some marines, not that he cleared all other factions.
Orks lost as usual.

Orks won Soulstorm, user. Gorgutz was even plundering around the system and found the treasure map for DoW3's setting.

WOWOW HAHAHA I GUESS THERE IS NO WAY TO SELECT MULTIPLE UNIT HAHA

thats why i'm glad you fuckers arent game designers

I played a Dark Heresy campaign set in a post IG-victory Kaurava system.

It was pretty dope

The previous mission says he conquered Kuarava.

>roll a dice

no.