/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

So, what kind of builds do you guys like to make?

For adventure CYOAs I personally prefer stealth rogue/assassins or exploration focused builds.
While in waifu CYOAs I usually make 'kind amazon' archetypes.

For adventure CYOAs I become a cute girl who is an adventurer
For waifu CYOAs I choose the waifu that makes me a cute girl

Adventure CYOAs usually have me go for spellcasters who invest in stealth and charisma as side options-basically manipulators who might not be the best in a direct fight, but have an insane number of options for preparing such that any situation goes their way.

For waifu CYOAs, I have a really big thing for very smart girls. Beyond that it varies, although I often go for kuuderes.

Dream of Genie 1.0

* Version # in upper left
* Fixed first page cropping issue
* Able to blend Attitudes for fluff purposes (does not allow "doubling up" on inherent benefits)
* Able to blend Bodytpes together
* Recentered some titles
* Fixed minor image resolution/editing issues
* Made the description for Headlights less ambiguous (hopefully).
* Clarified relationship between Phenomenal Cosmic Power and the Powers That Be
* Clarified the abilities of Patron Haint
* Clarified an edgecase arising with the Domestic Goddess
* Bolded various rules/clarifications: how many free points, mundane skills, etc.
* Bolded clarification on free and forced perks and pitfalls, and on end point balance.
* Minor Psychic Link cost up to -2
* No Misunderstandings cost up to -2
* Major Shapeshift cost down to -4
* Bonus Bottle rebalanced to discourage "burner" genies
* Magical Ream rebalanced to encourage Houris (don't give up!)

To do:
* Replace some dropshadows that seem to have been disabled
* Come up with a few more Pitfalls and Perks, especially low cost/gain ones
* Get JPG export working so it's less of a hassle to post
* Better differentiate Glass Bottle and Magical Medium
* Find different images for Magical Medium (and potentially Cute!) that are more illustrative of what they mean
* Figure out how to buff everyone else to the appeal level of an Ifrit Rebellious Princess

It would really depend, but I tend to go for fast combat builds or charismatic leadership nation builder builds. Whenever magic is a choice I'll at least take something like illusions or transmutations. I also almost always try to see if I can at least kinda make Shirou Emiya

For waifus tomboys mostly.

Adventure CYOAs: Lightning Bruiser archetype, with Danger Sense or mild precognition if I can get it. Dodge like a hummingbird, hit like a truck, but can't take a hit to save myself. If magic is part of the build, then I usually go for lightning or EXPLOOOOOSION magic.
Waifu CYOAs: I usually build deredere girls who wear their hearts on their sleeves and have jealous, clingy tendencies (not to yandere levels though). Generally I tend towards smart and low-energy personalities, but an energetic adventure-seeker isnt too bad every now and again (so long as she's not explicitly 'sporty').

I'm happy to take any further comments or feedback, but it'll be a while before I get to them and much longer for me to implement them. Real work is calling.

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback or made builds, I really appreciate it.

>cyoa offers power, friendship, and adventure
>still morbidly obese

Whaleship

Drifter

(Mimic Papers)
Universal Wallet
Funcyclopedia

Funny that Ifrit is so popular; for me it was a toss-up between that and Jeannie; I only decided against the Jeannie because I wanted to remove the temptation to just recreate Shantae.

As for the image of the Magical Medium, you could go for: a fan, a lantern, a holy symbol (would be appropriate for Peri types, yeah?), a magic hat (turban?) that the genie conjures things out of, a weapon (probably a sword or staff, or maybe a pistol), or maybe even the genie's little cloud of smoke for something a little more abstract. Out of all of those, the hat would probably be the more immediately coherent choice, and you'd find images of that much easier than anything else.

I'm out of the loop for about a month. did travelers tale update got released?

Ideally I'd be something horrid and incomprehensible disguised as something innocent and cute.

It's my tropefu.

It makes sense to be honest. Ifrit and Jeannie are the more normal options.
Peri had the worst interlopers and is mysterious, and Marid is very limited.. I don't know why people hate the Chinese one though

So the bottle would cost at least 1 point (giving the new genie a base of 0 points), and at most 19 points (for a base of 14 points).
If you meant to include the 20 and/or 0, you should convert the relevant >s into ≥s.

If you ever intend to add more accessories, can I suggest glasses, elemental hair and floating raiments? Also, folding "Heart Pupils" into a wider "Unusual Pupils" choice?

Something I noticed, it says
>You guys get 15 points to start with
It's supposed to be a sister talking to the player character, so that doesn't sound right.

Since it's worth 10,000 points you will end up with many many points left over.
Per the little sister's speech having an unbalanced contract due to something like having points left over would be bad in some nebulous way, but 'you'd only be in serious trouble if the number of leftover points was higher than about 40'.
You'd have over 9000 points left over.
This is presumably very bad.

What's everyone's favorite type of waifu?

Can I suggest either making male genies a thing or maybe limit the amount of free lust/love potions? It's a bit awkward if you just want a platonic genie because the cyoa is a bit of a sex and love minefield.

I don't know if I'd say that people HATE the Xian; perhaps it's just that they're not as exciting as the other choices? I know it would appeal to some office lady lovers out there (or at least, SHOULD appeal to them).

But certainly the Marid is not a terribly great choice, what with the forced Three Wish Limit. It feels like the adventure and magical hijinks would be very short-lived with that in effect, ESPECIALLY given that the genie gets shunted back to Heaven once her wishes run out; you don't even get to keep the waifu afterwards!

I really like the concept of wayfarer, but the execution of the complications seems kinda meh.

Getting either two items for one complication or one vehicle for one complication seems a lot more fair than its rules. Also it could stand to use like, double the number of complications available, at least.

At the rules stated, you have to take all of the available complications just to double your starting options, which seems ridiculous to me.

Pure, sweet vanilla girls who dindu nothing wrong and who truly love you from the bottom of their hearts.

I know, I'm fucking degenerate scum.

One trick ponies. Single talent taken to the extreme, very often edgy.

I can't understand Bonus Bottle.
What, I pay 20 points she'd be a 15 point genie?

What's with the Interloper? Is she one of the ones on page four and I don't actually design anything?

What is actually happening here?

I will literally hate the author and play none of his cyoas present and future if he succumbs to fag pressure and panders to you.

There's no rule saying you have to love/fuck the genie. If I understand correctly you can get a free perk and not use it. Only the free pitfalls are mandatory

yeah, 20 for 15.
It's not efficient but it works for certain builds

This one ^^^

The only correct answer to fujo-posting is

Type/History/Attitude
>Ifrit
>Voluntary
>Happy to be here

Body/Accessories/Outfits
>Medium
>Bangles/Tanlines
>Modern/Lovely Assistant

>Mundane Skills
>Entertainment/Housewife

Container/Type
>Glass Bottle
>Itty Bitty (18)
>Cosmic Power (-7)
I feel bad about giving her the worst possible living space, but fortunately it will only happen super rarely. I would think about using easily trapped, but I'm not sure how often that would be a problem for her.

Perk
>Guardian Spirit (-7)
>Love (-7)
>Lust (-8)
>Magical Realm (-9)

Drawbacks
>Mischievous Mind (-9)
>Terminal Battery (-8)
>Short Circuit (-7)
>Magical Ream (-5)

Interlopers
>Small Business Owner (-3)
>Psycho Childhood Friend (1)

Extra Bottle (0)
I'll bind one of her relatives.
>Ifrit
>Bottle
>Excited

Body/Accessories/Outfits
>Curvy
>Collar/Tanlines
>Glorified Jewelry/Maid
Mundane Skills
>Entertainment/Scheherazade

Container/Type
>Ring
>Cramped
>Amateur (4)

Perks
>Lust (4)
>Guardian Spirit (4)
>Love (3)
>Magical Realm (2)
>Minor Shapshifting (-1)

Drawbacks
>Mischievous (-1)
>Terminal Battery (0)

Oh I guess I could have just done relatives without the bottle instead of doing itty-bitty, that would probably make more sense.

Is there a compiled list of possible choices for Patron Haint and what they can do? Such open ended options always baffle me.

But I want a muscular Stand genie.

Can Minor Shapeshifting allow her to retract Horns to blend in? Can she temporarly remove Wrist Bangles, like during sex?

What do you think the Cute! option already is?

Okay, guy making the hobo cyoa here. Do you want hobo companions? I was planning on having a fairly lonely hobo existence, but companions seem popular and fun.

I'd like them, but don't feel like you have to include them if they'd come across as forced. If you enjoy making them, then I think including them would be a win-win.

>So, what kind of builds do you guys like to make?

Caster/Healer/Scientist build depending on the genre.

>For adventure CYOAs

Wizard or Healer Priest.

>For Space/Sci Fi

Medic/Science Researcher.

>waifu CYOAs

Gimme that hot Mini/GTS loving!

>What do you think the Cute! option already is?
Athletic flat with wide hips. The best bodytype out there. What did you have in mind? :^)

Lithe is literally said to be the atletic flat thin hips option and Amazon is the stacked athletic thicc, that leaves the flat chested CUTE to be you guess what.

Lithe is "small and athletic" and "not likely to be taken seriously". That's not Athletic flat with wide hips.

I'm looking for a platonic genie though. Just a friend to hang out. There's no real attitude option for that.

Human x nonhuman is not okay.

Yes it is if the human is male

Barefoot, high heels, wrist bangles, tanlines, and collar+leash make no sense to ever take. You can go to a store and buy those, or the genie can just, you know, not wear shoes.

Those won't be magical clothes the genie can summon at will.

>barefoot
>magical clothes
Nigger, all she needs to do is take her shoes off.

>the genie can't take off shoes at will
kek

Given that tanlines has an additional magical effect on her, I assumed that "barefoot" meant she could walk barefoot on any surface without needing shoes for protection or comfort.

Only the zodiac killer and shitpost the news with my shape-shifting magic, but I never need to hurt anyone.

>tfw SDA and Wyrm steal your waifu

>need to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours
>additional magical effect
Is there a single solitary namefag that isn't a mouthbreathing retard?

Imagine if she could walk barefoot without her feet ever getting dirty

>50% of footfags happy, 50% of them despair

Then there would be no need to clean them tenderly when you're both in the bath.

>"Her outfit leaves her with really distinct tanlines"

Yes, that implies that there's magic making sure that she gets tan where she's exposed and not anywhere else.

Wow, there must be a whole lot of magic women going to the beach. I mean, how else could they get tanlines?

Please kill yourself for the good of the species.

Doesn't sound magical to me. This happens all the time in reality.

Yes, none of those women ever burn or get tanned/burned someplace they thought was covered. I'm clearly the moron here for assuming the author was halfway competent.

Repost

Jeannie
Weird Science
Exited
Curvy
Heart Pupils
Headlights
Modern
Glorified Jewelry
Housewife
Courtesan
Ring
Itty bitty
Magical Girlfriend
Love Potion
Lust Potion
Magical Realm
No Misunderstandings
Guardian Spirit
Minor PsychIc Link
Minor Shapeshifting
Short Circut
No fucking interlopers, deal with your own problems.
Companionship

>Species
Houri +Minor Shapeshit, Lust Postion, Magical Realm, Magical Ream

>History
Voluntary

>Attitude
Dominant +2 nonmagical skils

>Body
Curvy

>Accessories
Devil Horns
Tanlines

>Additional Outfits
Modern
Maid

>Mundane Skills
Housewife
Businesswoman
Courtesan
Scheherazade

>Vessel Exterior
Magic Medium

>Vessel Interior
Pocket DImension -7

>Power Level
Patron Haint -7

>Perks
Love Potion
No Misunderstandings
Making the Switch

>Interlopers
Endless Inlaws +1
Small Business Owner +2

What in the actual fuck are you smoking?

Sunscreen exists. Swimsuits exist. Tanlines are not fucking magical you basement dwelling troglodyte.

Guaranteed perfect tanlines implies magical assistance. Otherwise, everyone would have them and no one would burn.

Plenty of time and ability to get in shape while you're going on that adventure and being encouraged by your friends!

>encouraged
That's one way to describe the ripped barbarian and your waifu cucking you.

For adventure CYOAs, same as you. Stealth, mobility, fun adventures. No min-maxing or anything

For waifu cyoas, ultra busty. If I can also increase my own sexual ability I will.

For power fantasies I usually keep it subtle and low key, once again no min-maxing. I have a hard on for regeneration powers and teleportation

In adventure, I pick the ultimate defense. I don't really play waifu/husbando CYOAs. Too insecure. I just make waifu CYOAs instead.

For adventure cyoas, I first try to build enough defenses so that nothing can one shot me, then throw all the remaining points into whatever offers the most flexible power. This is magic most of the time.

Waifu cyoas would be kuudere tomboys i guess? Probably delicious brown.

So does Broken Facade means that you got picked by Outer God for unfathomable reason option or is it you are Azathoth option?

Don't you mean >mfw? Of course, Angel is pretty terrible. So maybe that is their face when they get a hold of her. Still doesn't make you any less of a cuck.

Pokemon Personified is never going to happen is it?

So is the Genie I'm making also a slave? It states it a couple times. Can I give her orders that AREN'T magical?... "Go wash the dishes" and stuff like that. Or is it they only listen to wishes?

I hope i did not mess up with the points

>Species
Peri
I really like their backstory and probably if i don't take her she will probably end up in whatever new cosmic punishment the powers that be brewed or in the sealing bottle so yeah im taking her

>History
Criminal record
I am quite sure that whatever happened is not that bad...Right?

>Attitude
Happy to be here

>Body
Medium (peri&houri)
Is it really medium when shapeshifting is a thing though?

>Accesories
Tattoos(?)&Barefoot(Peri)
I like the whole mystical markings thing

Heart pupils&Barefoot(Houri)
A classic of course

>Additional outfits
Modern&Maid(peri&houri)
Modern is to blend in and maid just because

>Skills
Housewife&Scheherazade(peri)
Entretainer&Courtesan(houri)

>Vessel exterior
Perfume bottle(peri)
Ring(houri)

>Vessel interior
Cramped but cozy (free)
I would had chosen single room for both but i have to cut corners

>Powerlevel
Patron haint of "Stability"(peri)(free)
Patron haint of "Change"(houri)-8
This two cover a lot of wishes! hopefully one of this two(or both) cover eternal youth and shapeshifting

>Perks
peri:19pt-4-2-1-1-11 houri:8pt-8-1
Love potion(free?)(peri&houri)
Minor shapeshift(free)(peri&houri)
Minor psi link-2(peri&houri)
Guardian spirit-4(peri)
Foresight(houri)(free)
Lust potion-1(peri&houri)
Magical realm-2(peri&houri)
Bonus bottle 8pt -11

>Pitfalls
Magical Ream+1(peri&houri)
Mischievous mind+1(houri)

>Interlopers
Endless inlaws+1
Small business owner+2
Childhood friend (Bottle childhood friend)
Old friend(free)

Alright so i have to deal with the Not!ghostbusters My recently bottled childhood friend that turned out to be a houri that aparently saw a terrible disaster unfold caused by my genie aaaand someone that for unknown reasons wants revenge by sealing my genie forever... Wonderful

>Life goal
Novelty
Not a single boring day yeah that sounds good

oc donut steel

I'm sorry, but I identify as a fixed wing aircraft. Please stop assuming my gender.

That's a pretty pussy cop out

>Make edgiest CYOA ever
>No one wants to be edgy but the person who made it

>this is OC btw

>tfw angel sits on your two huge dragon cocks

I think it's more like, the girl is a succubus or something. Based on the image and the lines about sleeping, nothing else really comes to mind.

This is so cute! There's a lot of options to consider so I'm having a bit of trouble getting a build out but I wanted to say upfront how much I like it.

Am I misreading something or does the arid desert really have no benefits?

That shitstorm in the last thread, who was the author?

Also, which author is the least whiny of /cyoag/ in your opinion?

well, this at least looks more fun than the actual vidya

>tfw you're a powerfag author so your cyoas end up being empty powergrabs

WHAT OTHER SECTIONS DO CYOAS NEED?!

trap waifus (male)

1. Companions/waifus
2. Vehicles/mounts
3. Items/artifacts
4.Residences/fortifications
5.Alliances/factions

Actual adventure to go on.
people ten to forget the 'A' in CYOA.

Houri's description mentions Lust Bottle, but the lust-related perk is Lust Potion.

you have shit taste

Fuck you.

and you're also a faggot

How well would the following options for Patron Haint work: Improvement (she can't make anything, but is good at enhancing them), Grand-Scale (she can't do anything small, everything has to be big), Adventure (everything exists in the Multiverse, she just takes you there), Empowerment (Health? Now you can regenerate. Wealth? Midas touch, and have fun with the next six hours while she rests before she can negate it)?

Here, have the newest version.

Fuck off, frogposter. Nobody cares that you can't get every single possible thing you could want.

>cyoa offers power, friendship, and adventure
>still got terminal cancer

I think this works out
Farmer's Kit
Medium Ranch
Flatlands
Corral with Plort Collector
Fruit garden
Pond with Revitalizing
Playground with Waterslide
4 Puddle Slime (3 pond, 1 flatland)
4 Honey Slime (all of same type in Corral)

I think this works out? I don't know how much I need to make to actually afford the upgrades and I don't think my output is enough to actually fulfill a contract, but this seems like a happy life taking care of some slimes. Can Honey Slimes eat the plorts of other honey slimes? If so I need to buy a plort collector right away.