Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

SISTERS PLAYERS
DE-
FUCKING
-TROYED! Edition.

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Proper Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=NJFjVyO8N3Y

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/28/new-warhammer-40000-psychic-phase/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/28/new-warhammer-40000-psychic-phase/

>SISTERS PLAYERS
>DE-
>FUCKING
>-TROYED! Edition.
?
The stream basically confirmed plastic sisters within 3 months.

Remember to get BLACKED at your local GW store TODAY!

>Smite does mortal wounds

What have you done GW

What have you done

Psykers better be a fuckton of points. And I'm saying this as a Thousand Sons fan !

What is on everyone's wishlist for 8th?

Mine:
Gue'vesa Models and rules for Tau
Kroot Army Book with more units
More aliens in general in the Tau empire, with models
Bitz for new IG units
Gretchin/gobbo army
More unique models for commissars
More lewd slaanesh models

First for mortal wounds

Didn't the stream just confirm SoB within this semester?

Or you are talking of the horribly bad SoB list?

mfw mortal wounds.

>ahriman now costs 500 points
>magnus the red is 1750 on his own
You asked for it, you got it!

>mfw

Now it'll just be interesting to see how powers are generated, better fucking be point buy and not more random rolls.

Especially as it's a fucking 5 on 2d6. A fucking 5 for AT LEAST 1 wound that they can't do a single thing about, especially if you cast it from more than 24" away from an enemy psyker. I'm not seeing any way to deny the witch for mooks.

>Mortal wounds
>every psyker knows a basic spell that does D3 automatic no saves allowed wounds
Oh god

OH GOD

TZEENTCH DAEMONS CONFIRMED TO STILL BE TOP TIER

>deal d3 wounds
>kill 1,5 terminators on a good day

Also I think it's time to get that fateweaver i've always wanted...

>d3 mortal wounds
>must be the closest visible enemy
While the enemy has ten times the models you do, so fucking what.

>mortal wounds
How can a Dark Angels player benefit from this? Our psykers were never really anything special....

>Stand next to tank
>No saves

I wasn't expecting mortal wounds to ignore invulnerable saves, just armour.

I'm almost certain Horrors will now no longer be psykers.

And unless you're a scrub-tier psyker, that's just one of the spells you cast that turn.

>mass of pink horrors
>D3 motral wounds D3 motral wounds D3 motral wounds D3 motral wounds D6 motral wounds D6 motral wounds D3 motral wounds D6 motral wounds
What is this "saves" you speak of?

Tfw people think "Roll 2d6 and beat target value" is a nuGW thing

>inb4 mortal wounds fucking everywhere
>inb4 even power weapons cause mortal wounds
>this is how GW intends to balance 2 wound termies

Well Aspiring Sorcerers are at least good for something now

I'm almost certain horror will still be psykers.

>Smite only targets closest unit for D3.
Heretics weren't ready for the ultimate meatshield.

There are no invulnerable saves or armor saves anymore. Just one save.

Literally any guard units

how hard is it to do: 1 x command squad, 1 x infantry squad, 1 x heavy weapons squad sets.

1 lot for generic great coated guys, one for normal uniformed guys ( mordians, praetorians, cadian with no flak jacket)

For great coated guys add those little sprues they use for genestealer heads, but with valhallan heads, a sprue with vostroyan heads.

Okay I've got to ask.
Has anyone who was in the 8th-optimist basket gone to 8th-pessimist basket or vice versa after any of these recent releases?

At this rate, matched play will have sigmar's rules of one. Meaning each spell/power can only be cast once per turn. Even if horrors are psykers, they can only cast this once between all units.

Stream
>GW has made the best models ever made.

I know you need to suck your comapnies dick but come on!

>2 wound terminators need balancing

It's funny, people used to joke about GW taking power creep to the next level and making common weapons that ignore invun saves and that they will release "Invun-invun saves" which counter it.

I can see exactly this thing happening with certain units having rules that turn mortal wounds into normal wounds.

The rules they listed for mortal wounds mentions invulnerable saves by name.

How that? What they said?

Sorry, balance wasn't the right word, ruin was.

Nope. Still optimist. This all sounds great to me.

They said there would be a SoB release within 3 months. This does not mean plastic Sisters but hey it's something.

>Hey we've taken out S:D
Well it's abo-
>Mortal wounds

Yeah, count my mind changed.

Yeah but aos took ward saves and turned them into saves against mortal wounds. Hell, some armies have them on every model

So Smite is replacing Force?

What about their comment about every faction having their own "psyker lore and their own thematic powers"? Are Tau and Necrons psykers now?

Kindly no Gathering Storm/8E discussion in this thread.

>mfw all Tzeench Daemons now get to do d6 wounds that ignore all saves

They said it couldn't happen, that they'd never do it. Basically saying no while nodding their head yes

How it should've worked:
>roll D6
>add mastery level, subtract spell level
>pass on 4+
>modified result of 1 or lower is perils

I've been fairly pessimist the whole way through, because I once had the dream that Tactical Squads would be a force to be reckoned with, Instead they took what little teeth they had.

So, anyone paying closer attention to all the new news, has there been any word on the Allies Matrix in 8th?

Yeah.

That 6++ my Sisters have is looking kinda pointless right now when a lascannon won't actually entirely remove the save they get but psyker powers will ignore armour and inv alike.

Never mind me, I'm an illiterate retard.

T.

What they literally said was
>"Plastic Sisters of Battle within the next three months?"
>"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Space Marines
Imperial Forces
Chaos
Xenos Empires
Xenos Hordes

Here is your new Allies Matrix

storm bolters better be crazy good to make up for this shit

>I'm sorry, we're going to torture you with the Sisters of Shittle

Point taken. I've been half listening the stream. Since looking at the fucking board is annoyingly bad

>Fire up the forges boys, we're releasing more sisters

They do everything in plastic now, if there is going to be a release, it will be plastic

They use plastic and resin now.

>Space Marines
>Imperial Forces
>Chaos
>Aeldari
>Xenos

Ftfy

FUCKING
CHOOSE

8th optimist here (stopped playing a long time ago and don't really intend to come back though)

The movement, gun, and statline releases enhanced my optimism

The psychic news was entirely neutral, as far as I'm concerned

Nobody on Veeky Forums changes their mind.
Pretty sure you're talking shit.

>Aeldari
>"""Other Xenos"""
FUCK OFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is this the new cheetahfag?

How could any reasonable man think, that this means "plastic sisters soon"??? I too put my hopes at this stream.... but this is devastating.

>fagdar tard player detected

this is literally Age of 40kmar

AFAIK it's still here but you'll take command point penalties for playing a multi faction army.

Guard Regiments boxes

Greatcoat Guardsmen box with Steel Legion/DkoK, Valhallan and Vostroyan heads

Flak Jacket Guardsmen box with Cadian, Tallarn and Mordian heads

Veteran Accessories box with additional special weapons, shotguns, camo-cloaks, Carapace plates and rebreather heads

would make me happy

so if you manifest psychic powers on a roll of above the warp charges needed, did magnus's artefact get fucked or is he still OP as hell?

I've gotten a fair bit more pessimistic with that whole 'Inv saves are ignored by mortal wounds'.

Damn, stream just confirmed that there is no timeline in all the infinite variations of reality where plastic sisters of battles come out

>Greatcoat Guardsmen
that's like plastic thunderhawk tier of never ever

This is legit making Thousand Sons into great contenders from the looks of it. I will finally know what it feels like to have people ask me to tone it down.

>In honor of the new edition, we're re-releasing a half of the current Sisters range in Resin!
>No you can't buy any of the old miniatures anymore why are you asking

I hope there are ways to modify that flat 2d6.

Psychic phase needed major rework.

I'd have liked if Mastery Level still played a part in casting 2D6 + ML (same with Deny)

What worries me is "closest target" I hope that won't be a general trend.

Also the potential inclusion of the Rule of One (each Psychic power can only be cast ONCE per army) which would fuck over the Psyker heavy armies (GKs, TS, TD)

They said "no" while nodding.
This is either massive trolling or something getting released.

I'm old enough to not get hyped but I can see younger people getting all work up with that

Sisters players are annoying like that. They pin all their hopes on a shitty rumor and then when it's false they get super whiney.

Well they have to sell all of those new plastic kits somehow.

What do you expect when Eldar are the Dev's favorite?

There isn't in Sigmar that I know of.

Well, it doesn't help that GW has been a massive tease about it recently when it's sorta gone past being funny multiple years ago.

Some of us are. The rest are bitter and cynical after GW ignored us entirely for eleven years.

Maybe certain powers will be exempt from it? Stuff like hammer hand and flickering fire.

I welcome all our 40k brothers to the joy of Mortal Wounds
Hope you have Heroes/ICs with more than 4 wounds

someone gifed the nodding?

You just know when anything actually comes out they'll go full "HA HA DOUBTERS I TOLD YOU SO", too.

>that smug fucking face when he is going to make ynnari overpowered as fuck in 8E

Maybe. If not they'll be in trouble.

Alright so I did start a bit skep.
But come on... it's GW

Well I guess I'm just gonna buy enough Sisters of Silence to bubblewrap my whole army with

Mortal wounds are good.
Really help against those turtle shit heroes.

Arapean Kniiiights

They specifically made a big deal about the system being highly scalable, and a Rule of One would definitely be way more trouble at high point values than low ones, so I'd say it's likely they either won't have such a rule, or will have a way to deal with it.

exactly, Tau and IG are the only two groups where I get regular guys fighting the good fight. I want more support of that with more models :

So, what about Death Guard? Are they confirmed as a part of starter set? We basically saw them on this removed pic on warhammer40000

>Are they confirmed

No, but we all know that it's the case.

Hopefully.
In truth I did stop following AOS right before General's Handbook release (but after hearing of the Rule of One.)

So I dunno if they addressed it with the Tzeentch AOS book. Who are / were probably the most wizard heavy army in AOS.

Oh fuck, it's just an AoS magic system