MtG $$$$$$ COMPETITIVE $$$$$$ MODERN GENERAL

Magic: The Gathering Modern General (Competitive Discussion)

>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Metagame thoughts?

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
> mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
> mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
>mainphasemtg.net/gamingcontentblog/2017/4/24/modern-tiered-list-weekly-update-and-analysis-for-42417

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WCD5RsSUmTJJHF870YQZ7oS1xBDTX3a0OPnfoRqKY7I/pubhtml/sheet?headers=false&gid=410422045
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WCD5RsSUmTJJHF870YQZ7oS1xBDTX3a0OPnfoRqKY7I/pubhtml/sheet?headers=false&gid=410422045

Upon testing I have come to the conclusion that Kiki Pod is just slow Melira CoCo. Not great although I am jealous of being able to run Magus of the Moon.

Now THIS is a general!

why are merfolk players so cult-like?

Newfag here, just wanna ask what does each color represent?

I already know Red cards are strong for aggro decks, stuff like that.

>green is the color of best cantrips, ramp, and value.
>red is the color of bolt and bolt-related accessories
>white is a supplementary color for green
>black is also a supplementary color for green, but better at it
>blue is the color of autism
that about sums it up for what each color represents in modern

White is the color of sideboard supremacy

RIP in piece dredgescum

so I don't want to spent over 60 dollars,what the best way to build a deck? I wanna make a pure zombie deck or a hybrid desk using alot of zombies.

Wrong thread. Modern is a format that isn't for new players it doesn't mean modern as in new.

we need more dollar signs in the OP to really drive the point home

Kiki pod is faster than Melira Coco you stupid faggot, it's literally why people played it. Also no one ran magus of the moon it was typically like 4 color plus you stupid bitch

Kys you fucking faggot. You're wrong and stupid.

>60 dollars

Are you fucking daft? Did you even play when pod was unbanned you major fucking retard?

Meant to say chord you triggered whale. Of course fucking pod is better than any CoCo shell.

Red goes fast, zaps stuff, and ruins your opponents lands.
Green goes fast and big and is the best color.
Black cancels your opponent's plans and schedules them for a date in poundtown.
White cancels your opponent's plans and schedules them for a date in poundtown, but only after game two.
Blue is the color of counterspells, snapcaster mage, and fuck you.

Play standard. Zombies are a big thing with SOI and Amonkhet being legal and decks aren't $1500.

>HURRRRR I can't form a fucking sentence cause I'm an illiterate fucking loser are u triggered XDDD
Fucking kill yourself

>and ruins your opponents lands.
Red doesn't do that anymore

play EDH with Grimgrin or Gisa & Geralf

People don't play blood moon anymore? I'd have thought it'd be worth $20 for something.

Just fuck off you illiterate mongoloid

how are Fish doing these days?

I mean in regards to the modern definition of what each color does, red doesn't fuck with lands anymore. They are trying to bring back that aspect of red (because they realized they have cut down on pretty much anything that isn't ME GO FACE! making red as deep as a puddle) with that shitty ass land sleep garbage but between SOI and now they have only printed like 2 or 3 junk commons-uncommons with that effect.

Black is the best color, plays 1 mana 12/12s and discard spells/ kill spells
Green is also okay letting you play 2 mana 7/8s and also searching up your 1 mana 12/12s
Red lets you kill mana dorks and kill yourself faster and also gives you occasional free wins with Temur Battle Rage
White is mediocre but allows you to play Lingering Souls in the mirror and Ranger of Eos
Blue is worthless trash

Love all the attention grubbing asshats giving answers to newfag about colours. Need (You) 's that badly eh? fucking lmao

Say that to my face not online

I would. You're some filthy fat neckbeard

What do you guys think of this card?
It works well with Company or flicker effects and really only goes away permanently to Path. But it is in the 2-drop creature spot, making this a hard argument.

Forgot the image

how can i build my magic connection

I'm actually quite clean shaven and my bf% is 11, but nice projecting

Lmao I'm jacked. Kys weakfag

Honestly why is ensnaring bridge allowed?

because youre a little bitch that cant deal with it

It just does nothing, it doesn't even scale as a body with the other top bodies of the format like DS and goyf. If you have ever piloted a coco shell you would know how tight the list is and the purpose of each inclusion. No card is ever "just a body"

>STILL losing to meme decks.
Acquire skill.

Maybe they hope people would consider running some of the thousands of disenchant/smelt effects they print over and over

I shouldn't have to run that just so my creatures can attack

>wahhhhhh I can't beat this card because I can only win through creature damage
>there are literally a fuckton of artifact removal spells in almost every color
>I shouldn't have to run those wahhh
You want to beat bridge? Either destroy it (most common way), use creatures that can attack under it like noble or ornithopter, go over it via burn or use some sort of combo.

Enjoy the (you) now fuck off

>build a fair creature deck
>get hosed by some stupid artifact that shouldn't even be in the format
Nah ,fuck you

>I literally can't use a sideboard to kill an artifact
Fucking end yourself unless you're running some mono black shitbrew there is artifact destruction in every color. There are countless ways to beat bridge especially in most of the tier decks and it's not birdge's fault you're not doing one of them.

>doesn't belong in the format
Oh you're just trolling never mind.

Post your list if you're actually having trouble and I'm sure you'll get some help.

Zombie hunt. Or some shitty bogles or lingering soul deck

OK smart guy, how does eldrazi tron deal with bridge
>Inb4 hur dur eldrazi unfair anyway

your a faggot for calling decks fair or unfair irregardless

Walking ballista and end bringer pings

LOL so you can't deny that bridge is cancer bullshit

Also some Lists run karn.

>tfw the best tribal is still garbage tier

Return to Lorwyn already and print some good fairies

>be idiot player that only wants to turn creatures sideways and doesn't run interaction
>complains about a fair card that counters his linear strategy

We actually need more cards like this

whats some good merfolk (or blue decks) to look at getting?

Deaths Shadow Jund isnt even that good
Loses to Dredge, Affinity, and Burn

>Return to Lorwyn
>Elves become T1

Maybe they'll give us Multi-Conspire at least.

Literally just merfolk

Because you are a faggot. Run Qasali Pridemage.

Play Legacy if you want Blue to be able to do anything.

Here you go you dumb faggot
You could also run Mockery of Nature but that card is ass and I don't recommend it especially since you have better ways to go over bridge in your deck that aren't trash. Just because you're so stupid you need other people to tell you how to beat bridge with your own deck doesn't mean it needs to be banned.

Also nice to see you conveniently picked a colorless deck too, really helped solidify the bait.

Also as a side note to
Part of the downside to running a purely colorless deck like that is not being able to run colorless spells and it just so happens that colored spells are very efficient at removing bridge. I also forgot ratchet bomb for some reason and that's one more way you can deal with bridge and other problem permanents.

Stay retarded timmy

Putting a lot of effort into something you think is bait. Fucking retard

rate my jank zombies shitpile

4 dread wanderer
4 crypbreaker
4 gravecrawler
4 tidehollow sculler
4 wayward servant
4 diregraff colossus
4 cemetery reaper
2 kalitas traitor of ghet

4 path to exile
4 fatal push

22 lands

>current year
>wizards printing a set that isn't 99% unplayable trash + pushed planeswalkers (which still end up being trash 9 times out of 10)
I've got some bad news for you user.

>tfw you 4-0 with dredge and not a single opponent was packing relevant graveyard hate in their 75
Sorry everyone

>you share a fanbase with these people

>be living end meme master
>lose vs elves because you draw all 3 of your living ends game 3
>lose to R/G goblins because you cycle 15 (FIFTEEN I COUNTED) cards and never find a cascade spell game 3
This is shaping up to be a lovely FNM

shed some creatures and stick in time to reflect

>this fucking guy shows up with a mono-u self-mill shitbrew
>fucking kicks my ass

Just put a big disclaimer in the OP post:

>***A DECENT DECK WILL COST BETWEEN $500 AND $2000***

Post pics with timestamp then, faggot.

You'd like that you faggot

How about
>This is the general for the Modern format which is not for new players. A decent deck will cost between $400 and $2000

Sick dodge. I bet you're 115 pounds soaking wet, you fucking manlet.

The "not for new players" bit makes it sound like some seekrit klub shit. If someone's willing to toss down the cash and learn the format, let them. This thread, despite what some anons think, isn't just some retarded circlejerk over whatever the meme of the week is.

It's mostly there for the faggots that come in here asking about buying fat packs or playing with duel decks and shit. It's not going to scare someone away looking to spend that much money on cardboard

>This thread, despite what some anons think, isn't just some retarded circlejerk over whatever the meme of the week is.
Yea it is. This general is garbage

Only because people like you make it that way.

Yea totally. Not the endless stream of 12 year olds thinking kithkin is hilarious

>NUH UHHHHH

look at this faggot, got himself a bf lmao

Had a lot of fun playing 9chad last night but I ended the streak on a salty note.

>opponent on abzan coco
>decent back and forth
>opponent and I on topdeck mode, he has a few creatures, I have a bunch of spirit tokens, his courser reveals CoCo
>it's now or never, time to fusion summon out THE BADDEST FUCKER IN ALL OF WESTVALE
>winning the race at this point is inevitable, with no combo piece for opponent on the field, he windmill slams CoCo for two KotRs but he's still behind on the race
>courser reveals path

>Go to LGS for modern FNM
>"actually, we've decided we're doing an Amonkhet release draft tonight. Sorry user."
>mfw

Maybe it because they are one of only two tribal decks of relevance in modern. I don't know.

Bant spirits will be a superpower by 2020

Nigger did you even read the meta game breakdown?

I dontnplay it but I've got a soft spot for tribal decks and would actually be thrilled if one was tier 1. Other than tribal robots. Not a fan of them.

Who the fuck plays modern without at least one sideboard slot for exile, graveyard hate and enchantment/artifact hate.
Jesus it's not that hard to figure out. No one matchup deserves a playset in the sideboard

BAN SIGNAL PEST

user why aren't you running yahenis expertise? Turn those living ends in hand into something useful.

T R O N
R
O
N

Never be sorry. They asked for it when they decided not to play graveyard hate.
Also,
>Being sorry
Just what kind of dredge player are you?

Is 9 Chad another name for gideon tribal?

yes

>Playing Westvale Abbey in modern

You have my admiration and respect, user

That being said, it's pretty fucking risky in path: the format. I'm still looking for somewhere to put mine, I'll probably meme them un in 8whack

I actually agree the deck has potential.

Im trying to abuse vexing devil but we did a draft instead. Ive yet to play my modern deck kind of disappointed.

>vexing devil
What deck are you playing?

is Censer modern playable?

Yes

no

Is Mana Tithe?

Mana tithe doesn't cylce you noob which is why censor is good in delver and control decks. It's gonna give blue a tiny bit of the help it deserves;