EDH/Commander General

"Game night" Edition

Previously: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What are you packing to your next EDH night?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSaqSVi--Ms
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/iroas-god-of-bigdicking/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gitgud-or-gitrog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What are you packing to your next EDH night?
I'm packing my new Kruphix clones and other big junk deck. I plan to have a nice, casual game with some friends.

youtube.com/watch?v=XSaqSVi--Ms

Take the banlist from Sheldon.

A bunch of shit
>Dralnu Doomsday
>Zada (mainly for Kingdoms games)
>Gruul Science Consortium
>Slobad
>Titania Carpetbombing

Dumb question

Does "protection" stop karmic guide from targeting blood baron from the graveyard?

Thanks!

nope, target the shit out of that Blood Baron

Can I get any pointers on my Iroas deck? I'm new to EDH deckbuilding, so any help is appreciated.

The goal is just go wide, swing big with huge dudes and pumped up tokens.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/iroas-god-of-bigdicking/

Reminder if you play Stax in EDH consider suicide

reminder that cockatrice has a chat log and an ignore feature
if you aren't able to pay attention to chat log, you shouldn't be playing commander. try some sealed at your next prerelease

There's nothing inherently wrong with playing stax. Not everyone wants the game to end on turn 4 when someone combos out. Stax is necessary wherever assholes with highly-tuned combo decks are.

reminder that shitters on trice and xmage need to label their games with
>competitive
>non competitive
>other house rules such as no MLD, etc
casual is not an acceptable game note

Reminder that Xmage being difficult to use is a meme and there are absolutely no downsides to it in comparison to Cockatrice.

You'll run into the same thing in real life if you try to bring a deck to a meta that doesn't want it. If you try to bring a well-tuned deck to a low-power meta, no one will want to play with you. They're just advertising it ahead of time to you.

Control deck win cons? I figure not all control decks are combo as well. I can just chip away with utility creatures/commander in 1v1 but not the same for multiplayer.

Since you're aggressive, I'd suggest Sword of the Animist. Maybe a few more tutors to pull out your enchantments/artifacts.

Idyllic tutor
Enlightened Tutor
Plea for Guidance

I'd also put in Terminus/Hallowed Burial/Descend upon the Sinful to get around indestructible/untargetable creatures enmasse.

If you can choose a color is colorless an option?

No.

no
colorless isn't a color
dryad arbor has no mana cost and a CMC of 0

No. Colorless is not a color.
Also, colorless cards do not "share a color" for the same reason.

The win deck for control is your opponent scooping because you didn't let them do anything.

That's not what control means.

Reminder that if you hate stax but also hate infinite combo's that you're retarded.

Stax is the final form of control. There's nothing inherently wrong with denying people their resources. Instead of bitching all day maybe try to counter it instead. Stax is often a very fragile strategy, since most stax effects are symmetrical. A little bit of pushing from you and the entire house of cards can fall over. Stax folds to interaction. If you don't interact then the lock will be set up and you're fucked.

No, that's not true.

Except that it never works

It's working right now :^) Currently slapping the shit out of some dorks with Titania

Never once had a problem with and I've played 100+ games on it. The only annoying part is waiting for it to install.

Quads confirm that it is true

Found a group of EDH players that keep their decks reigned in so they can actually play the game. What would be a great Commander for table politics? I was looking towards either Marchesa.

Political commanders are typically ones that reward people for doing things normally, but leaving you alone.
Gahiji, Sidar Kondo, Edric and the like.

I personally think Queen's neat but you can do nasty combos with Black Rose out.

Checked.

>quads
user...

>>quads
>user...
5 fives and I manage to lose one.

I'm the fucking worst. Need more caffeine.

Who is the worst Boros commander?

Munda? Not sure you want to make Ally tribal in just R/W.

A few things:

Mogis Reanimator. I didn't have a better rakdos commander, but in essence, it's a disgusting discard deck filled with flashback and mean things I can do from the graveyard. It's class cannon as fuck, but it's pretty fun none the less.

Generic Feldon. This is my "casual" deck, and while it's fairly strong against unprepared players, it dies to literally any sort of hate. Creature hate, artifact hate, graveyard hate. Literally any of it will fuck up my day.

Uril "1v1 me faggot" Miststalker. It's an enchantress deck that is fast, resilient, and packs very good removal. While boring and predictable, it's very consistent.

Brago flickerstax and removal. Exactly what the name implies, I flicker things and turn the game into an unplayable slog until I grind out a win.

>tfw I had these awesome matching ultra pro deck boxes that I was very satisfied with
>1 for each color, 5 decks
>never double sleeved my cards because I don't like how they slightly obscure the card
>eventually autist in my playgroup has his eleventh panic attack upon hearing that I still don't double sleeve my decks, so I caved and bought 500 perfect fits
>finish the tedious and painful process of double sleeving all the decks after what felt like multiple hours
>they no longer fit in the ultra pro deck boxes
>fuggg

So everybody recommends satin towers, and those do seem fairly nice, but I'm wondering, it seems like the selling point is the extra little pocket for dice or coins or something, which I have no use for. Is that the only reason to get them? What are the best deck boxes for 100 card double sleeved decks? Preferably decent color options so I can have them match the decks

>mfw my decks gets ignored when I post asking for feedback

I can't tell if it means it's shit or it's good

Are you the Iroas guy? Sorry dawg I'll look

Nah that ain't me.

where's yours? I'll give it a peek

Frankly I only look at one in twenty decks that get posted here and only reply if it's compete shit.

Maybe do something to foster discussion instead of just begging for attention.

They fit the 100 double sleeve decks nice and tight so they don't get air between them. They are just great even if you don't use the token compartment.

Wait the extra compartment can fit token cards? That actually is a gamechanger, I thought they fit dice and stuff only

Either way they seem like the best option, they look nice too

These threads are mostly circlejerking to the tier 1 commanders or complaining about bans/unbans, not like people posting decks is the worst thing.

The space under doesn't fit token cards, only dice and counters, the ultrapro towers that is. The satin towers are nice as heck and I'm going to be getting another one for my second EDH deck.

What in the holy fuck did they do to duel commander? And why?

>playing duel / 1v1 / french EDH ever
Look at him! Look at him and laugh!

>playing singleton "legacy without reserved list" meme tier bullshit

>stop liking what i dont like

Uh huh.

Just took like 6 extra turns in a row to win a game tonight with Edric. Lit

It doesn't fit cards but they are very nice deckboxes. You can buy one of those, a clone of one of those (a couple companies have very similar products), you can shell out for handcrafted deckboxes, or you can get a flimsy box made from cardboard and fabric or the cheap plastic ones with Velcro.

They are a clear winner until you want to shell out $50+ if you like wood, or 100+ if you like wierd custom shit like leifkicker.

I think ultimate guard sells a version with and without the bottom but I can't be sure.

>very nice deckboxes
>doesn't fit cards

>what are you packing to edh night

Newzuri tokens - definitely my most powerful deck. Gets out of control really fast. Has gained "Kill on Sight" status at my lgs but still ekes out wins. Sage of Hours is disgusting.

Rafiq of the Primal - my 1v1 commander deck. Rafiq of the Many Voltron with a Primal Surge spin on it. Has Lab Maniac as an alt wincon if I can't win after dropping my deck on the table.

Butt Buddies - Gay Kings grouphug/chaos. A whole fuckload of fun and focused of making the game cuhrazy within reason. Played for fun, not to win.

Hapetra, vesier of sneks - haven't tried it yet. Lots of -1/-1 counters, proliferate, and snake tribal shenanigans.

How would you manage to play Myojin of the Infinite Rage from your hand rather than the Command zone?

Command tower

Erratic Portal?

He's talking about the extra compartment on the satin towers

You put it in the 99 instead of making it the commander

Read the chain negro, we are talking about the extra compartment it has.

what deck can i play to let my roommate know i want his dick?

Kynaios and Tiro

I'm looking to brew another Commander deck. Suggest to me a good Commander with good art.

Dakkon Blackblade

or if you want Esper instead of Bant.

That's not even remotely a true statement.

>playing T4 Doomsday and comboing off
>watching my Timmy group get unbelievably mad as I win on the spot

>Mom come quick, I played the card again!

merieke ri berit secret tech

super secret tech

Actually it's entirely true. Keep that meme format out of this general.

mad cuz bad

So if I'm not willing to shill out money for crucible of worlds, what is the best budget options for gitrog. Already have life from the loam and dakmor salvage before it gets recommended

>asks for good art
>suggests a creature whose art is literally based in the artist misreading the name of the card

That said Ruby is fun as fuck.

Your best budget option is to pick a new commander. Gitgud doesn't work for heebs.

>shitposting on Veeky Forums
>with a story that totally happened

Be gone, knave.

>have essential dredge cards for any graveyard deck
>lol no you need this $50 card

Could you be anymore stupid?

Precisely what was said. Crucible is core on Gitgud frog.

>implying I don't blow my group out at least once a month

Duel Commando is aggro-central and features singleton Junk+Red, monoR, RW Partners, and a monoU Polymorph deck as top decks. It also has plenty of reserved list cards played, not sure what you meant by that.

Legacy is midrange/control central, with Shardless, Stoneblade, D&T, Eldrazi and some combo decks.

They aren't really similar at all. Duel Commander plays a lot more like Modern.

You're asking for an alternative to Crucible in Gitrog yet I'm the stupid one. Okay user. Don't ask dumb questions next time and don't try to build a notoriously expensive commander on a budget.

>Notoriously Expensive

Sure, whatever you say dumbass

>playing like a format means it matches that format's current meta

Didn't I tell you to stop talking about this meme?

Good luck with your budget Gitrog deck, you fucking goon.

Not even that guy, (You) get a C for effort

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gitgud-or-gitrog/

>$1700 TCG player

And I don't even have it that fully tuned.

He is kind of expensive bruh, most lands generals are. You want to run every fetch you can, loam, crucible, lake of the dead, tabernacle, asuza, exploration, oracle, along with vampiric and demonic to find key pieces in the deck.

The decks that are more expensive than it are 5c decks. In particular 5c lands decks.

You can make a bad gitrog deck for cheap if you want, nobodies stopping you from running 99 basics and gitrog, but if you are talking about actually running the core of the deck, it's expensive.

>you fucking goon
Is this the bona fide new term for /edh/ scrubs? I've seen this being tossed around and I like it

What kind of fuck-up did I miss

>online list of cards but no proof any actual ownership

Color me impressed

>The faggot complaining about the Protean Hulk unban.

First thread after latest ban announcement two anons were having a back and forth about hulk combos and life loss. One user kept ending his posts with "you fucking goon" as a way of showing he was samefagging without a tripcode. Phrase caught on after that.

>tfw sold my 3k 5 colour genju of the realms fun deck a couple years ago
>get the hankering recently
>wanna rebuild
>wanna make it better this time
>can't think of any fun or interesting win conditions

fug

That's lame

I was hoping for an entry in The Great Big Book of /edh/ Fuck-Ups

>No Legacy

This kills me a little bit on the inside

Just like real life.

If it helps the story, the non-gooning user was insistent that damage and life loss were the same thing. Even posted a card that said "Damage causes loss of life."

>Giving a shitposter what he wants

Jesus christ user, stop