Anyone here play bolt action?

Anyone here play bolt action?

yes, check out /hwg/

Flames of war (3ed) is better!

Sorry newfag what's hwg

BA is a very enjoyable game. My group has been collecting most of the armies so there is a great variety of lists to play with/against.

collecting armies and hoping to get a game soon. On that subject I've bought a box of commandos and I was wondering. The 2 inch mortar, bren gun and piat. They are all two model units, correct?

also when assembling the piat and bren troops, is it sound to glue the piat and bren ammo packs on the backs of units? Feels very "40k" to me where you can just glue a blade on the back of an ork and job done

bump for help

Yep. They are teams.

I would glue on with those small parts before painting. The detail is pretty easy to bring it with a light brush.

I like flames but I prefer skirmish based units.

thanks I wasnt sure for the bren especially cause I've read about one man in a section being assigned or "acquiring" a bren and I cant find my BA british book I saved from the hwg thread

Yeah I'v got some fine detail brushes to pick up. I'm wondering about assembly though cause when you look at the bren magazine pouch its one sided and I'm not sure whether to substitute a backpack for it or have the guy carry it

Historical Wargames General thread.
Last one was , new should be up sometime today, next time just search hwg in the catalog.

Thanks dude.

I have used small bases and drill them out with a forstner bit and made two guys on a base with one removable. That's an easy way to manage small team inside of squads.

thanks buddy I was thinking of using a piece of MDF and drilling into it like you say to add two minis or maybe getting a GBP base I have left over and using that

But 4th ed is perfect for new folks to join, because it cut out so many excess rules.
Shit don't tell /fowg/ they'll find me and kil

Haha. It has been a while since I have played it.

Yep. It's a pretty fun game.

I am in process of building a set of Nazis vs. Ghurkas (Gothic Line 1944) so I can host some games at a con this summer.

I usually lay my stuff out first and then once I have it the way I like I will mount the individual pieces I want to be able to take off on the round bases 25mm laser cut mdf and then use the forstner bit to drill out around the circles after I mark them with a sharpie. Then I glue the base on top of another base the same size so it creates a stack with sunken holes for the minis to sir flush on. Can add more pics if Interested.

I was playing 1st edition and I remember I got into it because it was so cheap compared to 40k and I love ww2

I'm going to sit down before the con and hand-annotate my 1st ed book with the 2nd ed changes since Warlord pretty much just appropriated the fan rules anyway. Fuck it. I'm going to run my games from the main book. There is no reason to complicate things with a bunch of bullshit splatbooks.

Right now, I have the 1st ed book, some assorted infantry, 3 bren carriers, an m5a1 (+1 that will either be an m8 scott or another m5 depending on my whim when I assemble it), a german half track, a StuG, and a Kubelwagen.

I also have a copy of Two Fat Lardies' Chain of Command.

Never played CoC but I have heard good things and it's cool the minis are worthwhile across multiple systems.

Have you looked at the .net format at all?

No but I did buy some Germans.
Getting those guns in their hands and not looking goofy is a pain.
I'm a sucker for true-scale models.

>Have you looked at the .net format at all?

Do you mean the bolt action .net house rules? That's what I mean by the 2nd ed being appropriated from the fan rules...

There are some really good missions in there as well.

>BOLT ACTION
>smg on the cover
WOW

Haha. Never considered that

What do you play?

I just got into the game, waiting for a big order of USMC to come in the mail. I couldn't resist the Amtracs.

Building some terrain while I wait, having never really known much about the pacific theatre, this is all new and engaging for me.

I am going to explicitly encourage you to also build up some Japs as opponents for your USMC. Go full circle, user.