Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Late night memein'

>Proper Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=2uoSy3owF98

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Outdated shit for grognards

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/
Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jR0eBWDVAtw
natfka.blogspot.de/2017/04/8th-edition-starter-set.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the Imperial Guard regiment from Remus who has no name!

Oy vey Emperor

The Sisters list they posted for the stream had an Avenger and a Repressor. Is this a good sign? Both are forgeworld and the Repressor isn't even available anymore.

my dudes > your dudes

first for I hope eldar players mass commit sudoku when they eat the nerf bat in 8th.

First for no IG regiment based on Texans

If Magnus ran a bake shop, it'd be called the Thousand Buns

Kinda makes me want to create a "Sons of Cadia" regiment.

I've got this really weird urge to start an emperors children army.

But the weird thing is, every time I masturbate the urge goes away.
Perhaps my subconscious is trying to tell me something?

Having a Repressor is a very good sign. While it might not mean a new kit, it at least means they'll update the rules, which is enough.

The Sensei aren't exactly welcome in the Empire.

I don't give a fuck about sisters but I would love if they brought Repressors back. Might motivate me to finish my Arbites conversions.

>mfw 8th is turning out great
>mfw autists getting BTFO

8th edition best edition

I always wanted a Repressor, but they were gone by the time I had the money, and I don't trust chinaman because the mold is old as shit.

Kek

>shhh, they might release they are wrong...

That would make every change worth it.

Though I doubt Kelly would allow that to happen.

9th ed

WHEN
H
E
N

If you're gonna put a cartoon there,
at least get a version of it without that fucking ugly watermark and film jitter.

youtube.com/watch?v=jR0eBWDVAtw

So, anyone yet to have their mind actually changed on 8th ed, for better or worse?

I was optimistic when it was announced and I'm still looking forward to it.`

If 40k weren't a tabletop game, what would it work best as?

A book

RPG

So far so good.

Love the fact that vehicles are mc's.

I feel like the significance of Chaplains and the Chapter Cult is extremely understated, and it's a shame because I love Chaplains. In my opinion they're the most 40k thing about Space Marines other than Dreadnoughts, being giant warrior-priests wearing black space armor and skull helmets with pistols that shoot rockets and whose symbol of office is also a hammer. Chaplains are not just great warriors whom are second in command, but also spritual leaders and are responsible for keeping chapter traditions alive and teaching them to the initiates. They are responsible for whatever belief system is unique to the chapter, from honoring their Primarch and Emperor, worshipping local spirits, some form of ancestor worship, or in rarer cases such as the Black Templars, worshipping the Emperor as a god. Chaplains preach their own version of the Imperial Creed, which puts them at odds with the Ecclisiarchy, but they have a mutual agreement that the Ecclisiarchy gifts them Rosariuses and stay off of Chapter worlds, and they won't preach their version of the Imperial Creed off of their worlds. It's very interesting, and something to remember is that Space Marines call bolters and other things 'Holy' or 'Righteous', because, to them, they are. The spiritual/religious side of the Imperium's greatest warriors is very understated, in my opinion, and the Black Templars and especially the Dark Angels show it off very well.

Hey lads i am working on my imperial fists army and i cant decide between drop pods or rhinos which should i go with or should i do a combination of both

Drop rhinos

Drop pods are more dynamic.

I will judge it when I have read through it

Both

The only other thing that could properly capture the scope of the setting would be novels and we've all seen how well of a job BL is doing at that. Granted, it could work if they got enough good authors, and they'd need multiple ones just like they do now because there's no fucking way a single author could ever cover more than a single faction or force of the Imperium.

Razorbacks

Which side will you join?

I didn't get to play 7th, so it is pretty rad to start in new edition with everybody else.
As AdMech slightly worried about psykers. But should they become mandatoty, I am planning on doing some enslaved brains in jars on tank threads for count as priests or something.

Went from expecting the worst to carefully confident it isn't going to suck gaint slaaneshy assdicks.

BL also should give all writers a proper list of groundrules of the setting. Seriously, how events went down changes each and every time it's written about.

Im expecting it to be the best edition the game has had, sure Eldar might still be the top dog like they've always been but now my army wont suck as hard as it has for the past 3 editions. From what they've shown us I think the game will be far more dynamic, less punishing in that weapons wont remove entire units in one turn but more punishing towards making bad decisions and having unsupported units going rambo.

I like it.

Is it true that you can assault from standard transports in the coming edition?

They haven't discussed transport rules yet.

I believe the sister army belongs to a guy who runs a 40k podcast or something like that. I can't remember the exact details, but they mentioned it on the stream.

I wouldn't read anything into it anyway seeing as he's not a GW staff member.

It sucks, all my exorcists are forgeworld because the metal model wasn't released at the time, but I never got any repressors and the eBay prices for them now are insane.

xth for dante having more combat experience than robot gorrillaman

Should I build a Dragoon or Ballisistarii?

I've just started a Skitarii army and want to use as many of the walkers as possible. So far I've got my troops covered as well as 5 infiltrators.

Should I wait for 8th to see the new rules maybe?

Considering that some of the first space marines were created whilst the Primarchs were still floating through the warp in their incubators, guys like Khârn and Ahriman might actually be older than most of the primarchs.

Luther (that guy locked up in The Rock and out of his mind) is older for sure, but I doubt he had much chance to expand his combat experience :^)

Dragoons are the tits

>tfw building Manticore with all the news about 8th
I'm pretty excited for my IG, new codex and I may actually see my friend's Wyches in action.

I wonder how D3 S10 AP4 5" Blast Ordnance is gonna translate into 8th. I've had fun tank hunting and deterring out of LoS clumping with them on TTS using Emp's Wrath.

Of I go then, cheers user. I was leaning towards the taser-joust walkers anyway but I've suddenly went of Dunecrawlers so I need something to carry my heavy guns.

Dragoons.

Every morning I'm waking up and going through to my computer with a warm glow of anticipation, just to see what it is that they've revealed about 8th Edition today. I haven't felt this kind of anticipation in a long time. It's even motivating me to keep painting my Orks.

Probably 3d6 shots at S 10, -1 Rend, and 2 damage each shot. The 2 damage is assuming that they don't want weapons that fire a ton of shots like that to deal d6s of damage in order to avoid things getting confusing.

Overall, it'll probably be really nice for racking up a lot of wounds and whittling down vehicles through volume of fire.

Yeah but he's achieved fuck all despite being around for a gorillian years, aside from becoming fuckbuddies with the local xenos.

Chaos space marine. Either death guards or Thousand sons. I'm still thorn.

Who's the sexiest Primarch?

God the damn, the pain of fielding a manticore agaisnt MEQ armies.

No longer a problem in 8th ed.

Sangunius.

Probably scenery.

Plastic Mk II armor when?

Remember that stats can go higher than 10 now. They've already stated that some weapons are going to have more than 10 Strength.

>Deathstrike becomes Str 20

>austists BTFO
>nidfags BTFO
>sisterfags BTFO

8th is looking to be the best edition of 40k ever!

>Grand Alliance: Aeldari
>War Scenery of The Grim Future

Yea, I know the feeling. Even chinaman doesn't have them except for I think Z, and its Z.

I made an exorcist out of a whirlwind, however its old and shitty because I didn't know what I was doing.

>Not Death Korps
Shameful.

I have a fluff question. I am new so please dont be rude.
Currently reading eisenhorn malleus so spoilers ahead. in the novel he hires an unouchable but comes very close to her and loves spending time with her. According to the wiki she should scare him away though especially because he is a psyker. However he even hugs her on several occasions. Is the wiki wrong?

Blood Angels set to be buffed through the stratosphere in 8th.
Flamers everywhere.
Charging units strike first.
Furiosos and Death Company Dreads are viable again.
Baal Predators with flamers.

It's been a rough two and a half years but it will have been worth it.

>Reading facebook messages on psychic phase
>One guy goes "durrhurr how will my summoning army work?"
>GW responds with "you one of those guys who likes thousands of points of extra daemons for free? Wassamatter? I thought you tzeentchians liked change ;^)"

[] Told Horrors
[] Tolders of Tzeentch
[] Told of Change
[X] Tzeentch, Architect of Tolds

Can anyone share Hand of Darkness audiobooks?

Iron will can overcome one's natural reaction if it's just a matter of discomfort or pain. See Emps and his harem of blanks. Also they come in varying degrees of blankness.

If its close to this I can imagine the amount of saves I can force someone to roll, with all the Autocannons I want to use.

Things are looking up! I can see a lot more units getting action. I wanna get some Bullgryn and experience those Power Mauls in action.

Kor Phaeron was the guy who found Lorgar as a baby. He guy's still fucking kicking!

But their thing was I5 on the charge with red thirst, how does everyone now striking first help them?

It may even be more shots, depending on if the default for Large blasts is a d6 or 2d6.

Definitely good if you want to blow up a tank or a horde of medium infantry.

>41st Millenium
>Still not mechanised

Steel Legion > 4Edgy2Me Korps

>Making saves at -4 on top of this
If Deathstrikes spill wounds into units that are too close to the original target its time to build an arsenal of nukes.

The level of blanks affecting psykers differs from individual to individual and mainly from source to source. You can chalk it to Eisenhorn's resolve and willpower, love interest, plot armour, story device or anything.

As someone new to the fluff, be ready for contradictions everywhere, mainly between TT rules and BL books. If you want to read something truly different, try the old Inquisiton Wars trilogy.

Furious Charge was their original shtick. The red thirst thing was just something they added on when the FC USR was changed to not modify initiative as well.

>Deathstrike
>3d6 shots on a unit
>2d6 shots on any unit within 6" of the primary unit
>massive strength
>5 Mortal wounds per hit

Life is cheap. Steel is costly.

Like how they did the same thing for orks....

Oh wait

Please link I need this.

Part of me is Eldar and the other Imperial.

Blood Angels have the means to get to the enemy very quickly with fast vehicles and jump packs everywhere.

You're heresy

>depending on if the default for Large blasts is a d6 or 2d6
I imagine it would be d6, 2d6 would be scary if it meant regular blasts are d6 when things like Wyverns and Executioners with PC sponsons exist.

Maybe we'll see when they describe the shooting phase.

Not him, but fresh hot BTFO right out of the oven.

Yeah. I do get the feeling it'll be d3 for small blasts and d6 for large ones. Maybe a +1 on some things, but still.

At least they're self aware.

They've been fucking awesome desu.

I'm sure plenty of people will be grumbling about not getting free models onto the table, but those people are universally faggots, so it's cool.

Apparently this is a thing: natfka.blogspot.de/2017/04/8th-edition-starter-set.html?m=1

>natfka

Ripped to shreds.

Is funny how they're being snarky about problems they caused in the first place.

I watched EgoQueenAlexis and she said she played a 1500 point game and ended the game with 3500 points.

Custodes Codex?

"They" is a nonsense term. GW is not an entity, it's a corporation under which different people work and have worked.

What pronoun would use for them, if not the third person plural?

They kinda forgot how many assholes actually play the game they make.