...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Crash_2.0_Datadump.hvid
>Technomancy_In_Your_Life.knwsft
>Cyberware_And_Magic:_The_Nature_Of_Burnout.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 467 (7% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Hello Chuck'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Soon_Enough.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Fancy necromancy edition.
How does your magic interact with the dead?
Does it allow you to see the manner of someone's death?
Can you make zombies, and if so, how much do I have to pay you to do a Thriller reenactment?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/680x8o/i_updated_every_item_from_4e_to_5e_for_chummer/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4sCEI6d4ms
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
youtu.be/MsObv4b-qYg
youtube.com/watch?v=P_kn2rtuc4o
youtube.com/watch?v=vVkDrIacHJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

True necromancy is bad PR. Why press your luck with shitty magic when you can wrap a corpse around an anthroform endoskeleton?

The difference being that pre-CFD, all the nanoware used to construct everything was multi-purpose - like using a swiss army knife when you only needed scissors.

Then when CFD came along, it could consume the nanites physically and create more of itself, but it could also send signals to the multi-purpose nanites from a distance and have the same effect.

Post-CFD, corporations realised their fuckup, and not only reduced the number of ways that nanites could be hijacked and converted, but also turned nanohives and nano-fabrication units into black boxes that would destroy themselves before you could get a good look at (or change) their internal workings.

Hey chummers, One of my friends is going to be a pixie, And yes, I know, Shut up.
Anyway do you have any pictures for a file photo that isn't going to make me want to punch them?

Nigga.

Google.

Does anyone have links where i can download the games?
It doesn't seen like i'll be playing with a group any time soon, so the pc games seem like the next best thing

I'd advise you to buy the games, as Harebrained Schemes is a fairly decent company, all things considered. Failing that, whilst I'd never provide links to a website specifically for illegal activity, go look for one of the various TPB or KickAss mirror lists.

m8
no
do not spoonfeed

The entire point of me being here is to aid in spoonfeeding. Besides, everyone has to start somewhere. Why not here?

reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/680x8o/i_updated_every_item_from_4e_to_5e_for_chummer/

Hey, how different is playing a technomancer to playing a decker?

As a technomancer, rather than doing anything yourself it's usually better to get a sprite to do every Matrix action in the game for you.

Similar, except you're worse in almost every way. You can't as easily get 'ware to toughen you up, what deckers can do with 200 nuyen program takes submerging from you. And most importantly you can't form a PAN from some goddamn reason, so you can't just steal paydata, you've got to fuck around with messenger sprites sending it to somewhere else nor can you hidethe rest of your parties' wireless shit, leaving the sammie prone to having eyes hacked.

You can actually pretty easily steal pay data. You just need something to put it on. So your commlink (not running a persona because you're not using it as such), a datachip inserted in something else, a datajack, your pants that you modified to run as a 0/0/1/1 device with a persona (which you don't use) with a datachip inserted into it.

Getting a place to put stuff is easy. The hard part is deciding how to keep from going over one point of essence loss.

Playing Shadowrun 5e soon. I want to make a "pure" human. No cybernetics, no enhancements, no magics. It's just the idea I had to make a character who just hates the idea of being modded.

So what are some cool ideas and paths I can take them on so theyre not just BTFO by literally everyone? I was thinking of making them a Face but im not set on it.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not that i don't think they're worth buying, i'm just broke as fuck

Be a magician of some description. You could be a kind of hippie wiccan/shaman/druid who thinks modern life is polluting the natural world, or something.

Make an Human Gambler/Face.

Get 7 Edge, Lucky and some hold out pistols with slide holsters.

would a nutritional storage system be good for my ghoul? I don't want to accidentally get stranded in the middle of the woods with my group and have to eat them....

Any specific skills I should look into? Just make a guy who is great at talking and stuff? Lots of contacts and what not?

Hey. Built a Pixie Magefiltrator, wanted feedback on it. I know Pixies are OP I don't need a chorus of REEEEEEEE to explain it to me. Instead, advice about stuff like spell selection, qualities, skills, etc. would be appreciated.

If I actually run this character, I'm gonna get down on my knees and beg the DM to let me use agility instead of strength or BOD when calculating my physical limit. Its kinda ridiculous that agility is never counted but strength counts TWICE.

To get around the whole "pixies are hunted" thing, my plan is simple - don't have anyone but the other shadowrunners know I exist. Not the johnsons, not the fixers, nobody. Just my fellow PCs, who I can throw dice at if they try to sell me out. To this end I'm not gonna take any armour or weapons, as they'd have to be custom made for me, but my cat mentor means I was going to struggle to be offensive anyway. I don't get a commlink or any computer stuff either, so I have to hang out with another PC who does if I want to be in the loop for communication and planning during a run. Hopefully the DM thinks this is enough of a pixie drawback to balance the character out.

So yeah. Thoughts?

Sometimes I wonder about the choices people make when they say, "I had too much time on my hands."

>'Hello Chuck'
Is that a Secret World reference? I feel like that's a Secret World reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4sCEI6d4ms

Yep AGI not contributing to physical limit makes running a hybrid infiltrator pretty difficult. I have the same gripe but as a GM I'm not sure I would allow it with how good the stat already is.

Will your GM let you use a microtransceiver?

Maybe? I haven't asked them yet. I guess that could work.

And what if the agility thing only counted for stealth checks? It's only putting the limit up to 4 or 5 from 2.

I'd probably apply it to everything (and the other characters as well) but rather than subbing AGI in for a stat, I would add it as another term in the equation. This would require increasing the divisor in the calculation to 4 to account for the additional stat.

Your pixie would end up with a physical limit of 3:
(1 + 5 + 3 + 2x1)/4 = 2.75
An additional point of STR would see the limit increase to 4.

Combing my folder for you, user. In the mean time, here's a piece of thought for you: Pixies are implied to be human-proportioned, and just shrunk down. If your friend is really pressed for pixie example options, you could let him use a regular person, and provide an idea of their wings separately.

>Not the johnsons, not the fixers, nobody.
Good way to get cut out of the profit.

How valid of a villain would Guy Fieri be?

Sounds like a complicated solution to a problem that barely solves it. The reason I want the limit to go up is because I'm rolling 19 dice on stealth checks and want to be able to actually get a decent number of successes, hence wanting it put up to 5. 3 doesn't really cut it I feel. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Again, thrown dice. Also OOC I'm fine being swindled out of some of the money. Morr doesn't really understand money, and I don't need it except to buy magical components. I think they'd have a "nest" of money in their house that they use for art supplies/toilet paper already.

Sorry, should be 15 dice.

>Again, thrown dice.
What are you throwing? Illiterate and uneducated. No skills outside the arcane and some basics. No gear. No fake SIN. No matrix access. The team won't even need to pretend there's no pay for what you're doing. You have zero understanding of what nuyen is, or that there is a Matrix where you could receive payment for the work you've done. Even credsticks are beyond you.

>I don't need [nuyen] except to buy magical components
Foci, magical components, services, lifestyle better than a complete shithole, etc. all cost something.

>bunch of skills at 1 or 2
Don't do this. Alchemy, Artificing, Assensing, Astral Combat, Counterspelling, Disenchanting, Perception, Ritual Spellcasting? They suck. especially stuff like Artificing, where a bad glitch will just rape your character's essence and magic. Cut down the number of skills, and be better at the few you have left. Perception, Counterspelling, Assensing are important.

>skills at 5
Go 6 or go home.

Thanks for the advice about the skills. I wasn't sure which ones would be important so I spread the points around, plus chummer doesn't let you spend points on things you've spent group skillpoints on and vice versa. I've focused it down a lot more.

I'd probably work something out with the GM and the other players about the money. Maybe instead of working for money I work for magical components or foci? My character lived in the barrens their whole life, they don't really have high standards for "lifestyles better than a shithole". Thanks for the feedback.

>they don't really have high standards for "lifestyles better than a shithole"
The Barrens has nice places to live. They're just relatively old, run down, and taken over by gangs and crime cartels.

>I'd probably work something out with the GM and the other players about the money. Maybe instead of working for money I work for magical components or foci?
Who got them into shadowrunning? Did they have hyper-unrealistic-for-the-setting altruism at the heart of their motives, or were they looking to take advantage of a pixie that proved to be a naive magical cashcow the more they opened their mouth? Watch Leon / The Professional. See how he gets played over payment. That's you with the first guy who recognises how easily they can pull the wool over your eyes.

Think hard on knowledge skills. All your active skills also count as knowledge skills. Anything you don't take you won't know anything about.

Thanks for the advice on Knowledge skills, that definitely frees up some points there.

Morr started shadowrunning because they wanted to see the world outside the Barrens. When I think about it I kinda like the idea of clever shadowrunners trying to take advantage of a naive bumpkin who knows nothing about money or "real life". It sets up an interesting dynamic that should make for good roleplaying. Obviously I'd have to talk with the GM about waiving lifestyle expenses, but it doesn't really make sense for a character who went most of their life without even knowing money existed to suddenly have to pay rent.

They've been squatting their entire life, living in old attics or other out-of-the-way corners. One reason they might not need as much money as a normal metahuman is that a "nice place" is for someone on the scale of a pixie is probably different to a nice place on the scale of a metahuman (smaller, at least). And even those "nice places" in the Barrens have absolutely nothing on the "nice places" where metahumans with money, police and housekeepers live. The first time Morr sees a mansion it will probably blow their socks off.

Depends. Which corp does he work for?

man, where the fuck is everyone?

Asleep.

gotta be either Ares or Horizon

lurking

anyone got a pic of a black elf in a suit having rastas ?

Hey SRG, I recently I managed to get the 5th edition for just a few dollars and I've never played or messed around with this urban arcana, modern fantasy stuff so does anyone have any stories or inspiration for me so I can get into the theme and setting?

Also what supplement books should I get? Any mandatory?
Thanks in advance.

>for just a few dollars
DO NOT BUY SR PRODUCTS
DO NOT GIVE CGL MONEY
ALL SHADOWRUN BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE OP PASTEBIN

With that out of the way, let's get to your questions
>inspiration
in the OP pastebin is at the bottom a list of media you can intake to get the feeling of SR. The best way to get a good feeling is however the SR storytime by 2D, which is in the mediafire/MEGA.

>supplement books
Technically you can play SR with just the rulebook, in the same way that you can theoretically run a marathon with just one leg: Possible, but unpleasant
Rule wise: Street Grimoire (Magic), Chrome Flesh (Augmentations), Data Trails (Hacking), Bullets and Bandages (Medtech), Rigger 5 (Rigger stuff, drones and vehicles), Run Faster (More character options), Run and Gun (Various things), Smoking Aces (Spy stuff)
Fluff wise: fluff wise SR5 is lacking, so you should look in previous editions: Important ones are Sixth World Almanac (4e, overview over the history and countries), Shadows of [insert desired area] (3e, info on various locations, replace the brackets with North America/Asia/Europe/etc.), Attitude (4e, various stuff about Runners and entertainment), Corporate Access (4e, corps generally and the top ten), Market Panic (5e, changes to the rankings of the top ten in 5e), Vice (4e, Criminal Underworld) and Rigger 4 (4e, April fools joke)

Also: Get yourself Chummer5, the link is in the OP, it will make CharGen SIGNIFICANTLY faster. The developer posts here as Yekka. If you have questions about rules or fluff post them here, if you have questions about a character print it to PDF and post it here

Does anyone have portraits for physical characters?
E.g. street samurais, adepts, mercenaries ...
Gender doesn't matter.

user thats a really broad request.
Is it just a excuse to keep the thread alive?

Well, that might be one reason.

But I'm having some serious trouble in finding art that looks like classic shadowrun.

I'd say Con, Palming, Pistols, maybe blades or unarmed, negotiation, ettiquite, impersonate, think bargain bin James Bond

Don't know that I can match classic, Wasnt around and dont know it that well. But I can give some people who might stab a drekhead or two.

Coincidentally most of them have some pretty thick armor. Probably because they are saner than most PCs

Look in the OP. All books are free. Do not give CGL money, they have proven staggeringly incompetent in pretty much every category. It is legitimately beneficial to the system as a whole if CGL goes under and loses the license.

Classic shadowrun is more 80s action dudes in band shirts with oversized hand cannons than slick combat armor and tacticool assault rifles.

They have to start with Google.
The only thing they have to do is search "shadowrun hong kong download", and then they'll probably find a link somewhere along the way after a bit of struggling with pop-ups.
Then they'll do it enough to learn that you get better results by specifying "torrent" instead of "download", they'll learn to tell the good sites from the bad and so on.
The only thing that happens if someone tells them is that they'll start expecting other people to take responsibility for their own lack of competence, and with that the fanbase loses engagement, initiative, competence and curiosity.
When even the older players in a community know nothing but how to beg someone else for a link, at some point it's going to end up mostly composed of people who could as well be complete newbies - and that in turn puts the few people who actually know the right resources, rules, sites and methods in a position where everybody sucks up to them for advice and "truth". In time, these people then start fighting among themselves, bullying newbies, providing misinformation to make the community see things "their" way and otherwise making it hell - and at some point, you reach the level where everyone is so ignorant that the people who "know" have nothing to gain from proper research or work, because no one can tell garbage from quality or the truth from lies anymore.
That's the death of a community, and it happens all the fucking time as long as the hurdle is just a bit high (Japan-oriented communities get it all the time, as people claim to respect the culture but don't even want to put in the effort to be able to understand it).
There is no way that spoonfeeding can be made into a good thing in the end. You might feel fuzzy inside when you "help" a newbie, but you're only shooting yourself and them in the foot by handicapping their learning process.
They need to take the step to learn at some point, and the more you pamper them, the less they'll want to.

Not really the kind of thing I have that much of

But kungfu masters count right?

It is just me or limits dont really work as a mechanic?

Considering even most autistic mindmax characters have 3 or 4 in their limits and that the maximum threshold for a roll is 4 seems that only comes up on contested rolls or combat (which them just uses weapon accuracy)

The maximum threshold is not a 4, contested rolls are REALLY common and combat is REALLY common, but yes. Limits are basically a pointless mechanic that CGL added for functionally zero reason other than to make Reddit happy, despite limits being functionally irrelevant in every situation. If you've got a very high dicepool, then you've either got a high limit, or you're using something to violate that limit.

Oh you are right i confuse it with the threshold for chasing.

They work fine except for weapons. Firearms are stupidly easy to boost the limit of, whereas for melee weapons the limit can actually be an issue.

>Using Melee
>As a non-Adept

Possibly you mean dreadlocks?

funny i used this pic because i couldnt find something better than that, i am not really sure on the difference between rastas and dreadlocks but it looks like i mean dreads

Classic Shadowrun, huh?

The most classic

>All your active skills also count as knowledge skills
Oh fuck, for real? I'm the party mage, and I wasted 12 knowledge points on Magical Theory and Spirits.

You didn't waste points, though? Conjuring covers summoning them, not knowing about them. And Magical Theory would MAYBE be covered by Arcana?

Conjuring would count for Spirit knowledge, but not for magical theory. Arcana is a better substitute for magical theory.
You should use knowledge skills for things your runner wouldn't know from their profession, so to speak. Like hobbies, languages, quirks.

How well can Shadowrun adapt to different times ? I'm considering a Wild West campaign, kind of inspired with Dead Lands, with magic and everything else coming back earlier than the main setting.

City folks from the east coast welcomed elves and dwarfs but kicked goblinoids out of the cities but the more west you go the more their hardiness is appreciated. Magic is mostly the domain of native shamans with some priests performing "miracles", adepts are mostly Chinese people that came to work on the rail road and so on.

Could be interesting, but with the lack of cyberware, the matrix and drones, magic users have a huge leg up on mundanes. Even more than now.

>technomancer
shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every time, until you like it

I strongly suggest if you do a wildwest campaign you just include all the ware and drones and shit anyway.
Make it westworld not wildwest

How crazy do you have to be to want to kill a dragon?

>scissors
>hammer
>screwdriver

Depends on how you go about doing it.

Wanting to and trying to are vastly different I suppose.

I'm actually considering some steampunk-inspired, part tech part magic mechanial limbs. As for drones I'm not sure yet.

Make sure you prepare suitable music to set the mood.
I suggest
youtu.be/MsObv4b-qYg

youtube.com/watch?v=P_kn2rtuc4o
Also good watchins

youtube.com/watch?v=vVkDrIacHJM
The original I meant to link but that works too.

drones could be some kind of spirit bound to a clockwork heart/seal/brain/doodad thing that enables the drone's autonomous functions.

Guy Fieri slathers BBQ sauce on a bullet. He loads it, and puts the gun in his mouth. “One last trip,” he whispers, “to Flavortown.”

>"hmm I refuse to draw boob plate, but how else will people know it's a sexy chick in the armor?"
>"I got it! I won't cover the mouth so people can see the lush, dick sucking lips!"
>"Couldn't it just be a transvestite, though?" "SHUT UP CARL!"

First find yourself a game in which the player dont make autistic character with 22+ combat dicepool in 1 relevant skill and nothing else. And the Dm wont compensate for those types.

Then get the quality that gives you +1d6 in initiative to compensate for your lack of reflexes. I made a bug spirit hunter who had that, lots of arcana and use the summon spirit ritual that non magical pc can use. He was basically a skill monkey support pc.

Never hit you face on, instead going sideways with cover-fire or a plethora of useful knowledge's.