Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How much 3pp do you prefer to see allowed in a game?
Would you throw a fit over a gestalt all DSP + all SoP + all SoM + all Forrest/Jolly + everything on that SoP wiki (including Gonzo) game?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-focus-combat-final/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't like DSP, I prefer only allowing (most) 1pp content and then deciding 3pp on a 1:1 basis.

G O N Z O
O
N
Z
A

Overlewd on page to and still getting apps
What are the odds the sexyJUMPSCARE or erinyes-reverse-trap-inbred-infantile-wisdom-dumping-tier-4-classing-fuckboi get in, versus Maximum sleep already having made up his mind?

Should female characters go around with their armpits and legs unshaved?

DSP/SoM is usually a good benchmark for 3pp stuff.

My personal preference?

>DSP 6-level initiators
>DSP 6-level manifestors
>Akashic Mysteries
>All SoP classes
>All N. Jolly stuff for Kineticists and Vigilantes

Avowed doesn't interact with other 3pp in ways that I like, Spellburst Savant I honestly haven't touched at all, and everything is you just need to send me a .pdf to look over and I'll approve it on a case-by-case

For all we know, the parties are either going to be

>all succubi and monster classes

or

>a bunch of human knights, a tiefling or two, and maybe the one singular gnoll

Also why have people not submitted any bootylicious Drow yet? I'm disappointed in you, /pfg/

Tell me about your character. How'd you build them? What's their story?

What's working for you? What isn't?

Let's hear it.

Grooming Kits exist for a reason, you swine.

>DSP/SoM

SoM is a dumpster fire.

Mesmerists have 1/2 level to Bluff and are Charisma based, and they've got a pretty good spell list- they're really similar to bards

...I meant to say Spheres of Power, woops.

I get the feeling he already made up his mind near the end of LoBaF's application process, considering the wonky team they ended up with.

On the other hand, he did start messing around with deadlines, so he might be trying to angle for something that fits his magical realm.

I get the feeling he had a few people decided on, but wanted to make sure it wasn't a clambake--he wanted to avoid people thinking he was building a harem for a GMPC.

I haven't really played much since the Kineticist came out. Has anyone found a way to make them viable yet or are they still hot garbage?

Depends on where they're from.

Hey /pfg/

What's the worst drama you've ever seen at a group you were in?

I don't think you can be a reverse-trap AND a fuckboi.

Frankly, the alternative would just look odd.

People like PF for its customization, so I actually see the more 3pp a GM allowing a bigger sign of how much they trust their players.
Either that or it means they throw balance out the window and the game will collapse.

There's a limit to the amount of 3pp you allow before it becomes cumbersome and paralyzes players who need to make sure they've looked through everything available, but I've had no problems with DSP/SoP/FFS/Jolly/Gonzo all mixed together.

When SoM catches on more I'll probably allow it but put a few softbans on having it interact with PoW.

It seems unlikely GM's don't pick out at least a few favorites during the process

Druids and witches should never shave.

Does 'most body hair burns away instantly due to her body being on-fire-but-not-really' count?

When the DM had another NPC fuck my character's love interest - which wasn't the part that got me legitimately furious, that part was when he got confused why my character dumped the love interest and didn't even try to accept her increasingly desperate attempts to patch things up.

Kineticists have gotten some decent love in Psychic Anthology. There's a new line of Kinetic Blade/Whip infusions recently released that mimic Whirlwind Attack and Pounce that you can get reasonably early.

>Blade Rush
Move 30 ft in any direction (even upwards), make a single attack with charge modifiers, you can get this at like level 4
>Kinetic Whip
Now you can make AoOs with your Kinetic Blade
>Blade Whirlwind
It's Whirlwind Attack with a kinetic blade, which is actually kind of potent considering that you can toss down a lot of d6s and you hit all the opponents with full BaB
>Whip Hurricane
Whirlwind Attack, BUT with the reach of Kinetic Whip, and you gain the benefits of Kinetic Whip as normal after making the attacks (i.e more AoOs)

So I'd say AoO/blader Kineticists are doing pretty well

One of my players' roommates sneak-moved on him while he was at work, and he didn't realize it until he got to what was supposed to be game night.

So my game ended because we had no place to play, another friend had to split up his group to keep the two of them from murdering each other, and he had to move back in with his parents.

It should come as no surprise that the same asshole later turned out to be plotting against the rest of the party in another game that started up.

Yes, but medieval clothing involves more layers than you'd ever have thought (a product of each piece not being very finely woven and needing greater weather protection if anything due to the higher lethality of even minor cold-caused illness). So you'd never see it outside the bedroom or a bath.

Alright, long one.

I was running a homebrew campaign where off the bat, I told the players that it'll be dangerous, that revival magic is rare and won't be possible early on (we started at 5), and that people should be wary.

Two players ran max-damage glass cannon minmax bullshit (a summoner focused on mounted combat with full attacks and wheeling + flying charge with a lance, the other some monk/marksmen guy who had +wisdom to every stat)

Eventually the party faught a BBG once, and obtained a fragment of an artifact (that had 3 pieces). During their travels, one of the party members died to a random encounter (a very, very fragile fighter with 11 con who was new to pathfinder). The two from earlier decided that, even though I explained revival is very rare, they would run up to a temple and ask for them to bring back their ally.

- will continue

>unshaved
At the very least clipped.
Grooming existed well before the modern era user despite what MTG tournaments suggest.

That and shaving your body hair is something that has been practiced by ancient cultures the world over for hygiene and fashion purposes.

Considering how many athletes and soldiers at least trim their body hair I would say that adventurers male and female would make use of a razor every now and again.

But user, only lice-riddled whores shaved those bits.

>Not bathing with your female party members in outdoor rivers
>Not naked sunbathing with them when the weather's nice
>Not following them into the bushes when they need to answer nature's call

>How'd you build them?
Without much special attention, I'm afraid. Her mechanics are ancillary to her concept and backstory. I need to up the ante, though. It's too easy for her companions to get hurt.
>What's their story?
She's a holy Champion sworn to defend the innocent and serve the realm after a horrific personal tragedy nearly destroyed her.
>What's working for you?
16 CON
>What isn't?
16 STR

I've already done those first two, though with a /pfg/ party I'd expect a whole lot of sophomoric jabs at how big or heavy bits are, or maybe how "embarrassing" it is to see your party members like that.

My wife started fucking another player who was also married to yet another player in secret, and then left me, destroying our group's cohesion and drive to play in one fell swoop.

Here's a fun little challenge for any of you that might be bored: build a Gestalt character that's incredibly MAD due to the requirements of both halves of the character's classes, then do your best to make it work as much as possible.

I'll start you off with a doozy: Magus//Paladin

Of course, the church wasn't able to, and the party decided to bury the man, and oocly flipped out "how are we supposed to be heroes if we know we can die". So they decided the best course of action is to give their fragment of the artefact to the faction that was opposed to them and wanted suppress humanity (campaign idea is there's a race of magic users vs the rest of the races who can't into magic, and the magic users see the other races as sub-human equivalents, slaves and such. That's the group they wanted to give the artifact to, even knowing they would just abuse the group). Their logic was "This is too much, we no longer want to take the risk of death and stop being adventurers, so lets give it to some people who might know how to use it so the world doesn't end or whatever".

Obviously, the rest of the 3 party members were outraged and said not to, but the two ignored them (being friends outside the game and pretty much pre-planning everything they did together). And when they kept refusing to listen (even when the party voted against them), the LG aegis of the party tried to take it by force (not fighting, just literally trying to grab it). The two immediately started combat, and threw the Aegis into diehard within a single round, the Bones oracle of the party cursed the summoner so he was too heavy to fly the mount.

I told them that the aegis was incredibly injured and in diehard, and the summoner seemed like he was done. Instead, he full-attacked the aegis and killed him, then they both flew off. (which prompted a chase, the bones oracle ambushing the summoner with burning skeletal hounds, and eventually me just spinning the campaign into an early end because nobody was enjoying it any longer)

You shouldn't have put someone new to PF in a game with high lethality and little forgiveness

16 STR should be fine though?

Are you going to do the third to complete the trinity?

>Egyptians
>Romans
>Greeks
And a close trim is just as good while stopping your hair from being unkempt

Dump wisdom, go strength magus and unsanctioned knowledge paladin

I normally wouldn't, but he insisted and nobody in the party minded either. It seemed to me that nobody really cared about rerolling characters and rejoining... until it actually happened.

Funny enough, the player who died didn't care at all, he happily rolled up a paladin dragonborn. But the two CN's of the group couldn't stop flipping out that they couldn't revive someone.

I even remember the summoner threatening to just reroll the exact same build and backstory with minor differences when I wasn't watching the skype.

How good are clerics at lying?

Eldritch Scion archetype for the Magus half, grab Dervish Dance, focus on Dex and Cha. Easy.

It's okay, but missing is miserable when it means your new best friend will get violently raped by a cat-monster
More strength would be a real confidence booster.

Only the Egyptians practiced a clean shave, I thought? The others liked at least a little, well-kept bush.

I don't see why I would, that's kind of weird not the least bit because it involves acting out relieving yourself, which is weird.

I guess the usual? People in a relationship cheat, break up, etc and still have to game together.

Biggest one was something that turned out to have been a hell of an abusive relationship that half the group had apparently known about and had decided the game would help with; ie they were tacitly supporting and enabling ongoing abuse to keep a fucking game alive. Friends and I just brought her into another group and never invited the shitbucket to rejoin, the world didn't end.

>implying it's gonna be rape.

Leave the cat monsters alone, user.

I want to pet the pussy

Getting the boosts from bardic performance, making more use of flanking with dogs or zombies, and maybe Bane bonuses if you're the only candidate left after the slayer leaves will give a lot of good accuracy boosters.
Maybe even taking the weapon divine bond at level 5.

I don't think Cashmere's player will forgive you if you take Weapon Focus

Is there a list of classes/class archetypes that grant access to a familiar at 1st level?

I believe Egyptians were the only ones who went full clean shaven, as did some Persian cultures.

Some areas of Rome went for shaven, others maintained a small bush (At least what we can get from their art what was fashionable)

Not too many cultures went for bush or braided pubes, thats only third wave feminists in western cultures today.

W-why would I do that? The dumbest thing I might do is give her the Smash from the Air tree...

So I asked the peeps in the Discord if it was possible to have a level 20 character with only 1pp and no BAB, turns out it's just barely possible if you dip into the following classes just once:
> Alchemist, Inquisitor, Magus,
> Oracle, Summoner, Witch, Bard,
> Cleric, Druid, Rogue, Sorcerer,
> Wizard, Occultist, Medium,
> Spiritualist, Psychic, Kineticist,
> Arcanist, Shaman, and Investigator

After I finish my One Piece builds, maybe I'll take a crack at building a character like this for kicks.

Can't any human do it? It's a feat, Familiar Bond. Requires Iron Will.

DO NOT BOTHER CAT MONSTERS

Not if you're using fractional BAB progression.

Which you should always be using.

Posted this earlier, but

Shaman (Unsworn)//Psychic (Amnesiac)

Put all points into WIS/INT, then CHA. Use your first wandering spirit to get whatever hexes catch your eye, but always make sure to leave one open so that you can get the Lore spirit and take the Arcane Enlightenment hex each day with Wandering Hex. With the Psychic Side, you take the Rebirth Discipline and abuse the hell out of Mnemonic Esoteric. Off the top of my head...

>The entire Shaman and Wizard spell list
>Goodies from the Cleric Spell List if you take the Human FCB
>Oodles of good stuff from the Psychic spell list
>Whatever spell list you decide to take with Esoteric Mnemonica (I suggest Witch or Druid, truth be told)
>Amnesiac lets you get whatever psychic spells you need

You'll have ALL THE SPELLS and your GM will hate you, but you'll also be a cripple, physically

Yeah, that's possible. The character I'm looking at doing it with is going to be a Goblin, though.

There's the Carnivalist Rogue archetype, but I don't know if I want to play a Rogue since they're kind of, uhh... bad.

But it's so much more fun to imagine a level 20 character who literally has 0 BAB.

You'd get Godly saves though, my goodness.

why?

10 bab level 20 caster: Never melee attacks, his ranged touches are "ok".

0 bab: Forbidden from touch spells. Never attacks at all.

There needn't always be a "why", user! Sometimes all you need to do something interesting and silly is just to say to yourself, "why not?".

Better than most.

why not have sex with a kid?

Why does Wist hate Weapon Focus? It's +1 Damage/Attack!

Having sex with kids is neither interesting nor silly user, are you okay?

Weapon Focus is just attack, user.

Really? I thought it added damage.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-focus-combat-final/

Fuck. I see why Wist dislikes it now. It's stupid.

you're the one who told me to do it!

>Player A comes out as gay
>Player B undergoes a horrific transformation into raging badger about it, also becoming increasingly upset that no one is transforming with him
>Badger B requires physical removal from the building for the game to continue

Weapon Specilization, I believe, is the one that adds damage. And I believe Weapon Focus is a prerequisite.

>Prerequisites: Proficiency with selected weapon, Weapon Focus with selected weapon, fighter level 4th.
>fighter level 4tth
What the shit is this?

Wist has a love/hate relationship with that feat because they have terrible dice luck and always hoard attack bonuses, but it's the most boring feat imaginable when they prefer feats that actually let you do new things and gain meaningful changes in playstyle on level up.

They always know they would benefit from the feat but refuse to ever take it on the principle it exists as something PF expects to be worth a feat slot.

That's why it's considered a plague-like feat tax that harms the system by having so many things require it. It's a piece of shit do-nothing feat on its own, you would never take it for what it actually does.

>terrible dice luck
>The Manticore acing all it's perception rolls
Being Wist is suffering.

It means you have to be a 4th level fighter, or else have a class or feat that lets you count some of your levels as fighter levels (hence why Magus has a thing that counts some of your magus levels as fighter levels). I guess Paizo thought that by restricting certain feats to Fighters, they'd make Fighters less boring and more useful. Didn't work, as you can tell.

Today, I have learned a valuable lesson: Never do things for yourself as a schemer.

>Wubu and Protag both applied to Overlewds.
I wonder who the other four picks are gonna be.

I did no such thing you silly man, now why don't you have a seat over here?

>for

By

If you were playing with a group that consisted of a ranger, a monk, a witch, and a bard, what sort of character would you build to round that out?

It's worth noting that both the ranger and the bard are investing heavily into charisma.

Must be hard to talk with all that discord celebrity cock in your mouth, user. I wonder how you manage.

Wait, what? Who the fuck is Protag?
And wouldn't the fact that Wubu's running his own game mean he's less likely to get picked, since it'd be a scheduling conflict?

We are fine as long as Protag remains pure. Don't remind him that the name of the game is overLEWD.

Talking gets boring without talking points user, "celebrity" doesn't exist only for the benefit of the celebrity.

Reviewanon, good writer. Showed up like a week ago and just started reviewing anyone who asks on discord

I also doubt anyone from blingmaker will get in because sleep is in that campaign with them

>Wubu applied for Overlewds
Confirmed for shameless slut after all?

I think the one running Overlewd is in actually in Wubu's game though, so neither of them should be available when Blingmaker runs

Anything I wanted, maybe with minor healing but not necessarily. They might like a Rogue but there are ways that any one of those other classes could be doing Rogue jobs already. Or just say fuck it and roll Occultist because it's always fun to play one.

This party is fine already, it doesn't need any particular role unless the physical fighty types are built to be shit at it - and at that point there's still merit to thinking about whether you would WANT to be that guy playing a competent fighty type while the Monk and Ranger players don't contribute much else except hit things worse than you.

Fuck off and suck them off in discord. Keep that shit out of here.

What a cuck.

Be an Investigator. Run all social skills off of Int. Skillmonkey and knowledgemonkey better than the Bard and out-talk them with a 7 Charisma. Let them know who wears the pants now.

You have a place to gossip incessantly about who's playing what in your private game, and it's not here.

So! How was your Friday night, /pfg/? Do anything particularly fun and exciting, game-related or otherwise?

>private game

You know the cabal is just a meme right? No one's conspiring against you, everyone is here to have fun with everyone else. Chill out a bit and have fun doing your best at apping too.

I went to swap personal effects and property with the ex, and I laughed in her face when she complained about being short on money and being at her new place by herself all the time

It's private because no one here except you gives a shit about it, not because there's a pretend club or something.

I finally finished my app for one of /pfg/'s games. Now I have the rest of the weekend to spend doing other stuff!

The only times that's happened, the GM treated it like it was on solid ground.

Well, except once. Then I managed to use subjective gravity to fuck shit up by constantly pouncing just by redirecting my "down".

Based on the current state of their apps if they get in it would be entirely due to nepotism. They both lack a lot of things that many of the other apps at this point have been reviewed for and edited to include.

Deciding if I should just eat a bullet and end this fucking farce I call a life.