Argo Brigade- Nail 'em Up edition

The Argo Brigade, with more chemical weapons per capita then Iraq!

Homeworld: Argos a Death World
Colors: UN Blue and Blood/ Charcoal and white accents

Specialty: Coin Operations, anti armor, mass "passification"
Tactical info: Shock troops/light infantry with artillery support
Battlecry: "Nail 'em up!" also "Upside down! Sideways!"
Special Weapons: The Chem cannon and Nailer Pistol
Favorite Pastime: Crucifixion
Champions: Sergeant Bross
Loyalty: Fanatical
Modus Operandi: Rapid insertion into warzones with extreme target prioritization or enemy armor. Fallowed by mass executions and chemical bombardment to pacify local populations

...feel free to add/point out things I've missed!

Things that are still being discussed-

Who the leader is
special allys....
Size

Old threads
-The Founding
-Getting shit done!

Other urls found in this thread:

theforest.gamepedia.com/Effigy.
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/52921937/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Special:Upload
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_phosphorus_munitions
youtube.com/watch?v=11yMXdJ1BT8
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Phosphor_Weapons
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also we were wrapping up a discussion on vehicles

How sweet would a taurox mounted with a chem cannon be!

>special allys

I feel like the Argo Brigade often ally themselves with local pro-imperial rebel cells on the planets they fight on.

For posterity I'm linking the Bross short story posted in the last thread
I'm also pulling for the Adeptus Mechanus because of that sexy phosphor but that might just be me...If we can agree to make a chem cannon be either a heavy weapon option for squads it would be unnecessary.

Also not sure if that's lore friendly.

*Looks at thread* Wow. Suddenly I feel like having a bath, scrubbing myself with bleach and painting a Tau army. "For the greater good... or any good... even a little good... please?"

Sounds like someone needs to be crucified upside-down and sideways.

I feel like doing some writefaggin', i'm not so good at writing, but I would like to contribute in some way to this.

Fio'La Ta'Voosa was one of many Earth Caste workers who had been tasked with clearing the bodies of Human and Tau from the city walls. With the aide of worker drones, the bodies were transported to an Orca Transport that had landed on the grass by the road leading to the city. Barbaric, said Ta'Voosa to himself, and he knew that the rest of his kin thought the same.
A few of the Earth Caste workers had been given lethal injectors that would end the suffering of those unfortunate to still be alive. As Ta'Voosa looked around he saw that there would be at least over a hundred bodies, and they had only been able to take down 20 of them; and who knows when the Gue'La would be back, he thought to himself. But he was thankfull that the Shas'O had spared a Sniper Drone team and a Crisis suit in order to keep them safe, for now...

I know this is shitty, but I just wanted to do something for the thread

Adeptus Mechanicus works well to me.

Quick summary on vehicles

- All manner of armored transport (Taurox, Chimera...)
- Valkyries for fast drop troop transport and CAS
- Leman Russes for bigger operations
- Bane Wolves
- Basilisks, Wyverns( quadmortar) and Deathstrikes (precision missilestrikes) for artillery
- No Baneblades or variants of Baneblade

I like this bit of flavor!
100 tau nailed upside down to city walls! (or were they properly crucified?) damn that's a sight to imagine.

Thats not bad. Interesting to see what it looks like on the other side when facing the Argo Brigade.

Where exactly did we land on manticores? They go well with wyverns and deathsrikes. Especially for enemy tanks.

As far as the Leman Russ goes I woudn't run a traditional tank with my team but I dont think we should be restricted from them, in my head canon (traditional) tank crews and Mech suit pilots are favored enemies

Messy...and with the smell of hell itself.

Reminds me of a story about ghengis khan where he had an entire chinese city executed and their bodies piled. When discovered the travelrs thought it was a mountain in the distance but it was just the bodies...so much oil from the decay turned the ground into swampland for decades....

Do you guys think it would be fun if we made out own sector map?

Also, can I call myself mapAnon?

Drawing fantasy maps as a kid and now designing Pathfinder/Gurps maps is something I love, if it would give you jollys then by all means commence!

Hold on, I posted the wrong map template, here is an updated one

I added a sub-sector, feel free to add to this in order to expand on the sector, but don't add too much and things that doesn't fit. And I used the Copperplate Gothic Bold/light as the font when I wrote the texts. But here is a quick rundown of the planets:

>Akna Primarus
The subsector capital, it is home to many mining guilds that have their base of operations in the Obsidian belt and on Garotta. Although not a Hive World Akna Primarus is still densely populated

>Kall
A world that is currently in it's ice age stage, very few people live there, but those who do specializes in hunting and selling many of the large xeno beasts that roam the tundra and glaciers

>Vattna
Vattna is the planet that provides the food to the sub-sector, that food comes in the form of algee plantation and sea creatures. The most common sea creature that is exported is the Vattna Clam, it's good enough to be eaten raw and it breeds at a very fast rate, making it the ideal food to the citizens of the Storus sub-sector

>The Obsidian Belt
The Obsidian belt is a large asteroid field that is in orbit around a small dwarf star, many mining guilds have claims on large areas of the field, and battles of who claims what is commonplace

>Garotta
Garotta is the jewel in the Storus sub-sector due to it's rich ore veins and large underground pockets of liquid promethium. Huge mining riggs as big as cities are dotted around the grey surface of Garotta in order to mine the wealth and resources.

Tell me what you think, we also need a name for the sector itself

Wait, are you wanting to detail what surrounds Argos or just make a general sector map for other purposes? if the later I suggest you start a new thread

I just wanted to start somewhere on the map, and I didn't want to start with Argos just yet (you guys can also add things to the map.)

Oh yeah Manticores definetly. Supported by mortar and missile launcher crews.

I think we can drop Leman Russes all together from Argo Brigade. If someone wants to get them they can add them as attachment from other IG regiment who are doing a joint operation with Argoans.

What are your thoughts about fortifications? Do you guys think the Argo Brigade use any?

Ok, Argo Brigade comes from the planet Argos, but what is their demonym? I have nothing better to do so I made a list which has demonyms hyphenated in case I didn't use them right and someone wants to correct it:
>Arg
>Argo-l
>Argo-n
>Argo-an
>Arg-an
>Argo-ian
>Arg-ian
>Argo-nian
>Argo-anain
>Arg-anain
>Argo-in
>Arg-in
>Argo-ine
>Arg-ine
>Argo-ano
>Arg-ano
>Argo-eno
>Arg-eno
>Argo-ino
>Arg-ino
>Argo-ite
>Arg-ite
>Argo-r
>Argo-er
>Arg-er
>Argo-ish
>Arg-ish
>Argo-ene
>Arg-ene
>Argo-eek
>Arg-eek
>Argo-ensian
>Arg-ensian
>Argo-ard
>Arg-ard
>Argo-ese
>Arg-ese
>Argo-lese
>Argo-vese
>Argo-nese
>Argo-i
>Arg-i
>Argo-ie
>Arg-ie
>Argo-ic
>Arg-ic
>Argo-iot
>Arg-iot
>Argo-iote
>Arg-iote
>Argo-asque
>Arg-asque
>Argo-gian
>Argo-wegian
>Arg-wegian
>Argo-vian
>Arg-vian
>Argo-san
>Arg-san
>Arg-ois
>Arg-oise
>Argo-ais
>Arg-ais
>Argo-aise
>Arg-aise

Bonus points if they get slang terms and maybe slurs.

Its Argonian as was used in the last thread to describe the Argonian Wars, and the unit at least are nicknamed Blue Helms. I saw at least one person use different versions...if youre one of those people SPEAK UP.

I personally like Argoan also... I do like Argo-ish as an insult to those not able to survive the Death World.

I found it
>Argives

As an Elder Scrolls fan I am predisposed to argonian...but both were used so now lets discuss.

I also like Argonauts, as in the famous soldiers and sailors that quested in greek mythology after the Golden Fleece...but I'm thinking maybe that should be the name of an elite unit...not sure yet

Shit that was me but my thingy doodle was off

Was the last thread achieved?

I dont mind To call them argobians but I can see why it might sound bit off for some. Im up for it if someone wants to change it. Argoan maybe?

Actually i have no idea. If someone knows how to do it go ahead. I personaly have no clue how to do it.

Why is the Rood Inverse their symbol?

Shas'La Yun’a Kias checked the outlay for his pulse rifle for the sixth time in the last hour. Satisfied that it read the same digits as the last five times, he slotted the weapon back into the hold above his seat and crossed his arms, wary of the sudden drops and jerks the re-entry craft was making. Nervously, he used his inbuilt os to open a copy of the mission briefing his unit had been handed before boarding the transport and heading for the planet below.

[Classified]
Received M999.XXX, XX/XX XX.XX.XX.XXX
Quelling the populace here has been difficult. Use of XXXXX has been XXXXXXX. Casualties among XXXXXXX heavy, requesting reinforcements. Enemies units have XXXXXXX us. Lost contact with command. Warning: watch out for-
Message end

10 days ago their transport freighter had made an unscheduled detour, diverting the course it took by over 30 degrees and lowering its thrust. Neither Kias’ unit nor any other he had contact with had received any information on the reason for the detour, but nine days later 400 Tau of the Fire caste had been assembled in one of the transport hangers, told they were to aid in the pacification of the planet below (the name for which no Tau could correctly pronounce), forwarded their ‘briefing’, a document full of missing info and ambiguous in its meaning, and packed into the smaller re-entry craft like U’ina. Since then Kias had barely spoken a word to anytau, staring at the bulkhead above him and continuously rechecking his equipment. He had not bonded well with his squad, being fresh blood. The honours on the units file listed participation in over 30 active warzones, a feat he doubted he would ever match. Gruff, solemn and hard they had treated Kias more as a domestic drone then a fully fledged Fire Warrior in his own right. Kias dreamed of a day when they would see him as an equal, and drifted to unconsciousness with these thoughts on his mind.

Kias was broken out of his reverie when the re-entry craft suddenly dropped what felt like 90 metres, combined with a loud, high pitched squeal he recognized as the incoming fire alarm. Immediately adopting the brace position drilled into him in training, he gritted his teeth as the craft executed an upward climb, sending unstowed gear flying through the craft. With a solid thunk a drone tore free from its rack and went through the head of the sergeant next to Kias, firmly planting itself in the wall behind the nco’s head. A few seconds later Kias blacked out as a hole the size of a large bovine opened in the ship and the engines lost power.

The rookie soldier awakened to his corporal shaking him on his shoulder, calling him to action. Kias could not hear, but from gestures to the surrounding area and his tactical display the other soldier managed to convey that they had landed in the jungle surrounding the Shas’tia, or Military Centre of Command. Upon further examination of the terrain around him, Kias saw that the section of the craft they had been in had torn free, and kindly deposited the corporal, ten privates and himself in a small clearing. Of those ten privates four were dead, though the other six stood in a rough semicircle around the part of the ship they’d landed in. Moving groggily, Kias followed the nco into the jungle, heading for the destination their ship had been travelling before it was wrenched from the sky.

Four hours later the team came upon their first bodies. Nailed to the trees in imitation of crosses, over 50 tau corpses of varying stages of decay, along with a number of what he presumed to be Gue’vesa. Kias managed to stare for three seconds before removing his helmet and vomiting into a nearby bush. A number of privates looked in his direction, but most were to engrossed in the sight of so many crucifictions. One f the other privates trotted over to the corporal and bent his head toward him. ‘Ka-os?’, he muttered over the internal comms. The nco pointed at a sign hung around a tau’s neck and shook his head. Shrugging the private stepped back, while Kias pulled himself back together. The nco turned back, ordering them to form a line and advance. As Kias passed the sign the senior member had pointed at he noticed it was hung round the neck of a member of his unit, and was painted using tau blood.

By the word of His Holiness the God-Emperor, Xenos are an abomination and do not deserve to live.

Fighting back the urge to be sick again, Kias followed the rest of the squad into the jungle.

It took their unit another 8 hours of trekking to reach the Shas’tia, and by then they had passed almost 500 crucified tau and an uncountable number of their auxiliary races. Kias hadn’t been sick, but his gut pulled weirdly when he thought on it. As they crested the final ridge, they saw what awaited them. The Shas’tia had been designed as an example of the modern Tau might: a gleaming 700ft tall pyramid surrounded with some of the fiercest security measures it’s designers could implement. The light yellow colour of it has been flawless, but even from a kilometre away Kias could barely tell it’s true colour. As far as they could see, every available space had been taken up by a crucified Tau, giving the pyramid a rotten blue colour that made Kias lightheaded. Two privates behind him fainted, while another just dropped his rifle and sobbed. The corporal turned to look at Kias, raising his weapon as he did. Kias stood stock still as he watched the nco’s head disappear into a blue-green puff of blood. He didn’t move as lasfire rained down on them, cutting the other privates to pieces. He didn’t move when the blue men walked to him and dragged him to a cage and he didn’t move when they truck the cage was in drove to the Shas’tia. He remained unmoving while they held his hands and feet against the plasteel of the building and nailed them in place. When the next batch of tau prisoners were dragged past his corpse two hours later he was in the same position he was placed in, and he remained like that till his flesh rotted away and his bones fell to the ground.

I know It's bad but it's the best i can realistically do.

Natives from Argo are Argives and prefer Argoan food

Argonian architecture?

Oh man that was very well written and executed! Bravo! Catches the feel that Tau would feel in a situation. Definetly this should be added in wikipage.

this is all I can think of right now

No.

I took liberty to add tale of Sergeant Bross into wiki. Also good job on the one who added the text on standard kit! Should we add flamers in there aswell? Or should the flamers be "modified" to spew chemicals?

So I just finished reading this
and its great stuff by the way, but the nailed corpses in the forest made remember the corpse tree and corpse wall from the movie "300", and the effigies from the video game "The Forest". In the game the player can make effigies out of dead enemies to keep them away from his territory, and the enemies themselves make effigies as well. This is a page of all the effigies in the game theforest.gamepedia.com/Effigy. I bring this up because I think the Argo brigade's habit of corpse arts & crafts means they might do the classic corpses as sand bags thing. And I got an idea for a suitable effigy in the style of The Forest or the corpse tree from 300: A corpse aquila. The smallest it could be make is with two people, with the person on its left half having their eyes gouged out.

Hey! I was the one that added the kit, by all meas we can add meltas and flamers as well as talk about armor and whatever. I was just adding the unique special items I thought of.

I can get behind this. Can we get a motion to approve? lol

Ha, I never meant to make SGT Bross a big deal, but now it seems I have an obligation to make him someone of note. I think I'll write something out on Master Sergeant Bross later.

I also wrote the little history blurb on the 1d4chan page, so here's my two cents:

In general I like to keep my homebrew stuff fairly Anti-Sueish, and my favorite mechanism for that is shitty run down equipment (Sanguine Shields, well barring the Speshuul Chapter Master, Hua Yuan etc...) especially since I'm in the army and most of the standard issue shit is fairly run down. When I first got my M4 from my unit the 68 sight was broken and my bolt was cracked. However due to the small size, grizzly nature, and storied history of the Brigade I think we can get away with giving them with some del primo equipment

We can easily get away with this, not only due to their size and truly detestable nature, but because there was also a Forgeworld in the Illius X system that didn't raise a hand to stop the confederates, so the Brigade holds that over the Forgeworld's head and forces them to keep the brigade stocked and pretty, lest the AdMech catch wind and the entirety of the Iliusian Regiments come down en force. The AdMech doesn't really hold this against the Brigade since they didn't slaughter them during the Argoan Purge (Not that the Brigade had the resources, tactics, or manpower able to take on a Forgeworld at that time, but a quater of the Brigade's power comes from a formidable reputation)

Also, Based Draw man, do you think you could integrate the gradient and the camo patterns found here > and here into the fatigues of the absolutely fabulous armor here ? If you don't that's cool, I just want to see what it would look like.

This is a good story, the only thing I would change would be the tau in the forest should be nailed upside down to the trees, also it really makes the tau seem...idk made of less stern stuff then the other races, is that normal? I mean maybe the earth and water castes but the fire are supposed to be intense...but I actually dont know a lot of tau lore, so maybe im just biased but good shit either way.

I think there is a fine line between the empathyless extermination and mass execution in order to restore a semblance of peace or at the very least order, and something orks/reavers from firefly would do and to me the effigys seem like to have crossed that line. idk what do others think?

To be fair I imagine bodies hanging by rope from artillery barrels...so maybe im splitting hairs

Hey arbite user friendo, So first SGT Bross is as good a champion as we have and you painted a nice word picture of him. Plus I like the idea of a hardened badass leader of men who is cancer ridden and (perpetually) on the verge of death. Its hard to get new air filters in the middle of an active warzone and Bross has thrown more gas gernades and seen more men reduced to puddles from chem cannons then your average company combined.

Also Ill try out the camo since you asked nicely, I was agaisnt it on the normal units and actually have been working on a stealth unit that uses a lot less blue, was gonna show him along with the commissar design...when I finish it lol

Sorry my Argo dudes for failing to catch and archive the last thread. I only have occasional access to a PC so updates from me are rare, I didn't expect this concept to take off.

Please feel free to edit the 1d4chan page as new stuff comes in; Argo belongs to the community now.

I have one question...can we replace the picture of the banner with the picture of the new symbol
I dont know a lot about editing 1d4chan, i've only ever read it lol.

Don't worry, the last thread has just been archived
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/52921937/

Definetly replace it. And I also think we can use the camo for intelligence/scout/sniper teams with less blue than your averaga arbite(?) trooper.

By all means! I'm in favor of putting any and all content on the wiki and trimming it down to be thematically consistent once everyone agrees on it.

Here's how you add images to the wiki page:
-Go here and upload the image 1d4chan.org/wiki/Special:Upload
-Go to the Argo page, hit Edit, and type [[File:filename.png]] wherever you want the image. There are some other modifiers you can use like thumbnail, caption, size, look in the page for examples.
-To add stuff to the gallery just type File:filename.png|caption in the gallery area.

By Isha what have the mon'keigh started now?
'Nailer Pistols'? 'Chem cannon'? It's almost like you don't want to hide your savagery.

Okay I've edited the wiki and fixed some typos in the Standard Kit section I posted earlier.

Speaking of typos, if the original write fag of the history part is here, is the section saying "and perhaps lesser men would have excepted the victory. But the Argo Brigade are not lesser men." supposed to actually say "accepted" as in they were not satisfied or "not have expected" as in they thought they would lose but did it anyway?

I would like to at this point make a firm distinction between the Vanguard units who smash enemy armor and deal are the main assault force against insurgents and the fallow up pacification force who do most of the mass executions and specialize in breaking the morale of the populous to restore order. The later reminds me of a mixture of roman soldiers and unit 731 from ww2.

In case you dont know unit 731 where the Japanese equivilent nazi scientists who developed chemical weapons and studied bio-warefare. They also performed human experiments like repeatedly freezing and thawing living human tissue without painkillers and lots of fucked up shit. Oh and the US gave every single one immunity if they gave us their research. Fun fact! almost all knowledge of hypothermia comes from their experiments.

Not gonna lie I havent read that bit of write faggotry... lol I have all others I swear

Unit 777 is a real life Egyptian counter terrorism and special operations unit. Since both of the mentioned units from real like start with 7 even though they are in no way related but both are still similer because of what they do...

I say all Argo units start with 7... And there can be a fluff reason for it

They also tested the effects of their weapons and their equipment on prisoners, and they use forceful infection of diseases, torture, and vivisections in pursuit of knowledge of biology.

You know given the fact this army is supposed to have a propensity for dealing with traitor units and somewhat the Tau, on the table top their special rules, army structure, and armory should be made with countering these forces in mind. I mean on top of the already agreed on lore stuff.

Yea we need to work on maybe their insurgency/traitor tactics (melt them, crucify survivors)

But as far as anti armor goes The vehicle choices of wyvern and manticore as well as love of melta really fits in, plus flamers and mustard gas for dealing with infantry.

I think we are getting there

If anything the Adeptus Mechanicus should have bad relations with the Argo Brigade.

In the eyes of the AdMech the Argo brigade dance across the line of tech heresy with the modifications of standard equipment to utilize chem cannons. Equally the brutal methods of the Brigade are seen as wasteful to the AdMech when it comes to pacifying worlds. The AdMech, with that rod always jammed up it's mechanical ass sees the mass crucifixions and judgements of punishment to all deemed complicit in rebellion to be wasteful of valuable local leaders and manpower required to keep pace with production. Even though some worlds may not suffer any significant drop in output once a conflict is resolved the lack of adherence to outlined doctrine and protocol rubs the admech the wrong way.

In the eyes of the Argo Brigade, the AdMech are uppity assholes. More importantly many of the more "exotic" tech-priests don't even believe in the emperor but rather some foul tech fetishistic idol known as the Machine-god (Omnissiah).

I thinking having a rivalry between the two faction gives a bit more fun to it and is in line with the Argo Brigade's fierce loyalty to the Emperor. These guys are PDF turned guard, so they probably were never extensively familiar with fully realized understandings of the AdMech.

I'd say good special ally's would be pro-imperial rebels like other's have said, but also the ecclesiarchy and possibly the Sisters of Battle.

Having the Eccelesiarchy as a "patron" would be useful for maintaining that strong faith to the emperor and could possibly bring other material benefits, like the cherubs.

Idea for a special insurgency weapon tactic. This is going with the idea that the Eccelsiarchy is a special ally of the Argo Brigade.

Special Weapon: Argo's Angels

Modified cherubs (cherubs provided by the Ministorum) used by the Brigade for insurgency tactics. The Cherubs would be modified to carry canisters of toxic gas or chemical bombs.

Useful for insurgency tactics. Say a taskforce of Brigade is sent to clear out a local stronghold of the enemy. Lacking either the numbers, or heavy weapons to just break their way into the stronghold or town, the brigade deploys the cherubs. The Cherubs can easily infiltrate civilian areas and can even infiltrate secure locations with relative ease compared to a company of troopers. Once the Cherub is at the desired location it will begin to yell out the litany of sins and crimes the Argo Crusade has judged the enemy guilty of. Cue the dispersal of chemical bombs, or gas bombs. All of the sudden you have enemies dying left and right while the rest run for exits to escape the gas. Once the fleeing enemies hit the doors, windows of the building, boom, the Brigade lights them up with continuos fire and they now have an easier opening.

Also special weapon: Harpoon guns. A modified attachment to the grenade launcher allows to fire off a small harpoon. The rest of the mechanism can be mounted on the side of the primary weapon which will reel in the harpoon. The purpose of the Argo Harpoon attachment is to prevent the enemy from escaping the Emperor's judgement. Equal parts moral/fear tool and kind of badass.

Here's my two cents on the matter of organization and then after that the matter of coloration

>>th Argoan Peacekeeper Brigade (The Argo Brigade)

>th Peacekeeper Battalion (221st/The Justicars)
>>Alpha Company (Aljernon's Ardent) Infantry
>Six Platoons (Infantry, Mortar teams, medics, etc)
>>Bravo Company (Bia's Bastions) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Charlie Company (Cairon's Chosen) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Delta Company (Deimos's Defenders) Cav Scouts
>Six Platoons (Tauroses, Bikes, Sentinels, etc)
>>Echo Company (Epiphron's Endurers) Military Intelligence+Military Police
>Three Platoons (Human Intelligence, PsyOps, Signals Intelligence)
>Three MP Platoons (Canine, Commissariat, AntiTerror task force)

>th Peacekeeper Battalion (The Punishers)
>>Alpha Company (Armageddon) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Bravo Company (Braves) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Charlie Company (Crucifiers) Infantry
>Six Platoons
>>Delta Company (Deathdealers) Cav Scouts
>Six Platoons
>>Echo Company (Eviscerators) Military Intelligence+Military Police
>Three Platoons
>Three MP Platoons

>th PK Bat (Wildcats)
>>(Animal themed company nicknames, you get the idea how Infantry bats go)

>th PK Bat
>>(Standard amount of subordinate units)

>st Fires Battalion (Artillery, Mortars, and other Indirect and Long Range support elements)
>>(Don't know a lot about Artillery so any help would be welcome)

>nd Fires Battalion

>st Engineers (Build stuff, break stuff, and also organize and execute mass crucifixions and other "public works projects")
>>(Don't know a lot about Engineer units, but I would say EOD and an MP unit falls under them)

>nd Engies

>st Armoured Regiment (Tenks)
>>(Don't know much about Tenks, but I think we should have a Behnblade, just saying)

>nd ARMREG

CONT

>st Auxiliary Battalion (General support with medical, engineer, MP+EOD, intelligence, and Force Protection companies meant to supplement other battalions either to bolster forces when necessary or recoup losses)

I wouldn't say that the Brigade as overly religious in their relationship with the Emperor in that they view him as a God (They do, but let me finish) in as much as they see him as the builder of the Imperium and a peerless leader of men. Disobeying the Emperor is to disgrace his works and his right as the rightful ruler of mankind.

What I'm getting at is that they are much more about Rule Of Law then they are about veneration of the emperor. It's the difference between a Deus Vult Crusader and Judge Dredd, while these guys are more "Twelve years on the Isocross, creep." then they are "AVE IMPERATOR"

As for their relationship with the admech, I'd say it would be by and large healthy. As far as the AdMech at large knows they saved a Forge World from a traitor system (as opposed to returning a traitor Forge World to the Imperial fold). Using a nailgun as a side arm and mounting a field piece on wheels could rub some more extreme puritanical Tech Priests the wrong way, most wouldn't blink twice. Using a nailer is no different than using a roofing hammer in battle to smash heretic skulls. And swapping armaments in tanks for more exotic stuff is a tried and true tradition in the Imperium.

Their home Forge World may be resentful of the Brigade, but it's not like they can really do anything to them that won't back fire in horrific and spectacular fashion.

I really REALLY like this bit of lore. Don't for get the intense envy the Argo Brig's have for the AdMech white hot phosphor...

I've always though cherubs were kind of weird (only seen a few minis, dont know a lot about them) But I really like what you have going on here...maybe the Harpoon gun is a rifle sized version of a nailer pistol with the spool and realing mechanism built right in

>The metropolitan desert world of Argo VII
There is the reason for the 7s, more tradition for the "brigade" that must crucify.

Dude white phosphorous is a thing in real life. We don't use it because it's kind of a war crime to do so...When I said that the Brigade had Phosphex I thought it was just the 40k term for Phosphorous weapons. I was super wrong and such a simplification was like comparing a Sabertooth to fucking Garfield the Cat.

The Brigade would use them, not just for smoke grenades which is their common usage, but for a chemical weapon.

For your education en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_phosphorus_munitions

UPSIDE DOWN AND SIDEWAYS XENOS WITCH

Also, what does everyone think of this Organization? It needs some filling in, but as a general outline?

Something else to keep in mind is that an adversarial relationship really limits the amount of neat shit we can have, while a good relationship allows us too have neat shit like Chem Cannons and super heavy tanks and other rare vehicles.

You know, hanging corpses from artillery is one thing, but hanging the living from artillery, or even tying them to the barrel or muzzle, and then using said artillery till they die is another thing entirely.

Amended the history so we no longer have heretical archeotek.

>Blown_from_cannon_India.jpg

Fucking savages, between that and widow burning, no wonder they resisted all attempts by us to civilise them.

So my favorite thing about this is that you called mass crucifixions "public works projects"
Though I'd flip the order to "Break stuff, Build stuff" lol

Where did you get the names you used in the 177th? I think engineers would be a good fit for example to dig 7000 post holes for crucifixes...but I think that should enveloped in the secondary occupying force I mentioned
Though I think this is on the right track (btw good work!) I would like to make some changes

I'm aware of phosphor in real life, I love shooting incendiary ammunition. I was talking about pic related my man

Did someone say Willy Pete?
youtube.com/watch?v=11yMXdJ1BT8

So this is exactly what the Argoans should do to tank crews when captured alive...with their own tanks!

Here is a good like for the education of all
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Phosphor_Weapons

The names are from Greek/Roman myth, Just as the name Argo is vaguely Greek/Roman. I was thinking that the Company nicknames could be from famous fighters in the Argoan Purge.

As for the Phosphor weapons (I've been out of touch with 40k recently and didn't even know that existed) that tells me that the Brigade would try and foster a good relationship with the Admech even more so, in the hopes that they can get the REALLY good shit. (Spoilers, they don't)

The Harpoon gun part is more for the mythos/image of the regiment. It's part of their whole motto "No one escapes the Emperor's Judgement"

>Not lexicanum
Disgusting

I don't agree with the Harpoon bit, one because it reeks of tech heresy more so than a simple nailgun, and secondly because it's not effective from a Psychological Warfare perspective

When you're waging a war on the psychological front you WANT survivors to whip up crazy fucking stories about what your capabilities are. Sure, its good to kill everyone, but when you're trying to suppress a population you need to foster an insane reputation so that the enemy is more keen to run when facing you than it is to stand up and fight.

True this fosters a hit-and-run and IED culture in the enemy, but you just overcome those challenges through better training and EOD units

I mean, compare the phosphor entries on both sites and you will find the lexicanum page lacking and under sells the weapons compared to the wiki

A couple things. First off since they were the only loyalist hold out force in their system it would make sense that members of the Eccelesiarchy (and SoB) would rally to them as well as loyalist civilians and any militias they may have. Secondly, the Ad Mec generally don't give a fuck about politics so long as they can do what they want. That said having a force approach them as say "Hey, we don't care about collateral damage, can you give us stuff that can kill everyone? We promise to keep the Eccelesiarchy and Inquisition off your back." would be like fucking Christmas to them, especially if they were allowed to keep secret caves full of xenotech.

On a side note it was said earlier that the Brigade might "encourage" civilians to join in the killing so they can recruit the best fighters. This makes a lot of sense to me given their strong sense of tradition and history as an insurgency, but if this is a recruitment practice of theirs why stop there? Why not extend this kind of recruitment to exemplary PDF and Arbites?

Here is some more AdMech envy.

I dont know, the lore could go either way both sides have presented some good points...maybe its a serious love/hate/forced to work together sort of thing? Just tossing around ideas, anyway THIS is the good shit.

Maybe commanders and commisars can take the Phosphor Serpenta as a side arm, acquired through special connections...or war booty

The Chem cannon is just a standard but rare upgrade for the hellhound, the bane wolf IS the only unit in the game that uses it but I wonder if that's just because games workshop over looked it

I agree with all these points, maybe their home Forge World isn't so apprehensive towards the Brigade after all since the Brigade covered for them when the =][= came a knockin'. Which would probably be the only time they've let heresy slide

As for their recruitment I agree with this 100%. Injects new blood into the regiment even during a conflict and can help foster a more diverse selection of tactics. As for this I would say having a Phosphor pistol be available as an HQ upgrade is a swell idea. In lore we just say both the Brigade and their Home system Forge World have a Frenemy relationship, with the Brigade having the upper hand in the relationship but has to be careful in how much they extort them or risk catching the eye of the AdMech, the Inquisition, and the Munitiotorium.

The Blue Helms are COUNTER-insurgency, despite the executions and suggestion of suicide bombing cupids they arent terrorists lol

So we are at a crossroads, some suggest Admech as allies and others as enemies, some say go with the Eccelesiarchy and in thread 1 I think there was a recomendation to have inquisitors as allies...hmmm choices, choices

Ah, well that's even simpler.

This unit gets better all the time. Also seriously guys I need some critique on this set up before I launch into my uniform spiel, and after that my next bit of write faggotry which will be kind of long but I think you guys will really enjoy this one

I should say recruiting in this way is not just for tradition but also for practical reason such as the fact they are on a world and will take losses there, that you can't train real world experience, and that people who have had their lives shattered by rebellion will know a hate that just can't be replicated in peace time.

Yes, I like all this. The wiki needs an entry "The One Time Heresy was aloud to slide" and then describe the benefits received to flesh melting capabilities.

Also this is good!

You want critique on the unit layout you mean?

The =][= would definitely keep a wary eye on them , I mean, one brigade out of an entire PDF subduing an entire system? And a forgeworld no less? In no more than a decade or so? Something is BOUND to be up.

That being said the Ecclesiarchy would be up and down these guy's collective metaphorical dicks. Which I think we should have the Brigade be pretty nonplussed about, considering that they are more about Upholding the law then they are praying to the Emperor all day. Although they do like that affords them some connection to the SoB.

If anything? I think other Guard regiments should hate them. Small, nice equipment, and borderline omnicidal in some of the worst ways possible? Big regiments with stuff half as nice as theirs, or Astartes Chapters with a shred of love for the common man will out right refuse to work with them as possible. Which the brigade doesn't mind at all because anyone that isn't as misanthropic as they are finds them impossible to work with. Like, Marines Malevolent and the DKoK are the only ones who don't get angry just seeing their names on paper.

Our Anti-Peacekeepers are basically ISIS but on the "good" side. And Anti-Terrorist.

Yeah, this
Then I'll go into my two cents on uniforms, then I have some writing to do.

The harpoon gun is hardly tech heresy. It's basically taping a grapnel to a primary weapon, which is actually a standard thing to do (according to Dark Heresy, Only War, BC, and DH2E) and using the the auxilary grenade launcher to give the grapnel more ooomf. So hardly counts as tech-heresy.

More importantly while I love all things AdMech, currently building an Ad Mech army irl, even if the AdMech were besties with Argo Brigade, they still aren't the sharing type.

When the AdMech likes your regiment they may be generous with bionics or good quality las weapons, but they don't hand out AdMech weapons.

AdMech weapons like phosphor, radium, arc rifles, galvanic rifles and transuranic arquebusques are reserved for the Skitarii because they are considered treasures. No IG regiment gets Skitarii/AdMech weapons. There is a huge gap between having good relations with the AdMech and the AdMech providing AdMech weaponry.

Also back on the Harpoon gun not being effective from a psychological warfare perspective I'd disagree. The way you put it makes it sound like any and all survivors of engagements are harpooned and caught. That's a statistical improbability. However you can be sure that enemy forces will see some their fleeing allies harpooned and reeled in to be crucified alive. Thats terrifying. That will have an impact on enemy tactics and morale. All of the sudden, being within melee distance of the enemy draws even more risks and charges against enemy positions now have a guarantee that any fleeing men will be skewered.

A mobile enemy patrol that is setting up camp for the night will be fatigued from the constant worry that at any moment one of their number may be lanced and reeled into the dark only to be made into a grisly trophy for them to see come morning.

Alright, I'm fine with no AdMech weapons, especially if it would make the unit too Sueish. We could still have white phosphorous weapons, right? Or has that technology been lost to time?

As for the Harpoon, I think its rather silly and personally won't reference it too often in my own writings, if it's standard practice according to rule books then I'll accept it.

Actually I'm coming around to the idea more and more as I write this now, just as a soldier. The thought of being dragged out from my gunner hatch, tortured, and pinned feet first to something is..well its not a fun thought.

I really only take issue with the cherubs since it aligns them too close with the Ecclesiarchy. How do you feel about Servo Skulls instead? With little blue helmets?

But what about the caves of xenotech...what if there was a false flag operation against some "heretical" (but probably actual heretical cuz mech cult) caused the Argo Brigs to get a small cache of phosphor pistols that they gave to their highest-ups? I like it as an HQ spot because it goes with the flames and melt as and Chem cannons and mustard gas gernades

Also I like the harpoon gun, just like the nailer is basically a bolted the harpooner...snair rifle? Is a non exploding bolter that adds to pinning

>just like the nailer is basically a bolted the harpooner...snair rifle? Is a non exploding bolter that adds to pinning

user...Is english your first language?

Also the false flag was to get back for the one time they let heracy slide....oh! They only let it slide in the books! And then did what the emprah would of wanted

Sorry, a combination of auto correct and haste!

Assuming they survive the harpoon they they would still be a danger to the brigadiers they are getting pulled toward, and they will be bleeding a ton so the brigadiers would have to work fast if they wanted to crucify them. That said the harpoon gun could work without the reel too. Just pin a guy to a wall and then anyone you can't take as a prisoner can be stacked on the already anchored harpoon assuming it is in an area where people will see it (public place, enemy safe house if they come back or someone is late, etc).

Also on the whole idea of holding the Brigades role in retaking the Illius System and holding that over the forgeworld's head, that doesn't work. The AdMech, while closely intertwined with the IoM still retains tremendous amounts of autonomy over their holdings. A bunch of fleshbags who liberated the system capital still don't rank highly to the ranking magos of that forgeworld. Yes the forgeworld will thank them for ensuring continued productivity but thats it. There is nothing to hold over the Forgeworld's leader's heads because they won't see it the same way the Argo Brigade would.

To the Forgeworld, the whole ordeal that th eArgo Brigade went through would go in as a footnote in that Forgeworld's history. To the Forgeworld, unless it was taken by the enemy and then later liberated, which is extremely unlikely due to have fucking fortified those worlds are, they probably didn't care about what was happening. They knew that once they ran out of stocks of resources they would simply contact other systems and the IoM to send in some guns to take back Argo.

The AdMech doesn't value the actions of the Brigade like most normal citizens would. Especially not enough to allow them to hold it over the forgeworld's head, because after all, the forgeworld was likely never in any danger, considering that all Forgeworlds maintain their own Skitarii legions, and titan armies.

>With little blue helmets?
just paint them

You misunderstood what was written (or it was written vaguely) the Forge World was fixing to jump ship with the rest of the System.

They're Traitors my dude

Nah, put the UN helmet model shown last thread on the servo skull drone bomb and in the fluff each helmet could be from a fallen brother who died to the heretical rebellious scum. Rebbeling against the Emprahs peace is heresy of the highest ordo

Also I like the idea that the Imperium would stage false flag attacks as an excuse to send in the Argo Brigade

So a rail gun...but like a literal rail that pins people...bonus points if it's shot using electromagnetism...yo dawg I herd you like rails so I put a rail in your rail gun