NotEurope

Tell me about your NotEurope

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B4vlo4bUQZY7cmFjLWY2bnI0a28/view?usp=sharing
geography.fullerton.edu/taylor/enst595t/darkages.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>France is West of Spain
>The Crescent Empire is entirely desert despite being at the same latitude as the most green parts of "Europe"
>The Cathay 'steppes' are full of hills

Still a setting I'd play though.

>NotYurop divided into west and east
>West is mostly generic fantasy that isnt touched upon, it only exists for players to come from a feeling of familiarity
>East is Morrowind level weirdness mixed with Ottoman empire and whatnot.
>Setting is primarily a central Empire Buffer State thats a mixture of the Byzantine Empire and Austria Hungary

The setting motsly works by giving the players something to associate themselves with in the west and the east never beeing fully explained and just beeing weird as shit, bleeding into the area the campaign is set in.

Climate and enviroment is completley unrelated to europe tho, its got temperate prats, freezing glacies aswell as deserts and huge volcanic areas, generaly the further you go east the more terrifying and inhospitable it gets.

Civilization is mostly there in the cities, where it flourishes and has many trappings of modernity.
Smaller settlements are far lower in tech and ofthen dont have a lot of contact to the larger cities.
Wilderness is incredibly dangerous and populated by monsters from the east.
Country riddled with ruins of past civilizations that attempted to tame this rugged borderland.

Its great for adventuring alright.

I don't have a not-yurop so here's a risk: Armageddon I'm making instead

>Dovunque
>A town meaning literally "everywhere"

Kek

Wait, did they move Castille between editions?

What software would you use to make a map like this?

Photoshop
Maybe Illustrator applied to taste for borders and roads.
I'd hammer the form out in a simple comfy program like Paint.net or Firealpaca beforehand though (assuming planned geography and not working from a random cloud shape).
But generally the whole thing can be made in Photoshop. The comfort in doing so will vary per user preference and production step naturally.

Thanks.
I did some googling and I found autorealm. Seems like a good way to get landmasses done since it has a nice fractal tool.

This.

Also,
>The Highland Marches have no noticeable highlands
>"Montaigne" is far less mountainous than any of its neighboring countries
>Szabla "river" is 30 miles wide and has a larger surface area than any lake on the continent
>The hydrological divide in the Cathar "steppes" appears to be about 50 miles from the northern edge of the continent. Man, the mountains in the far north must be REALLY fucking high to make all those rivers flow south.

Drawing it yourself in photoshop

Switzerland, Japan, China and Nepal combined into one plains nation and its mountain-based vassal state, surrounded by the filthy Gaijin of Germano-Slavdinavian kingdom(s), Anglo-Holland, and the Greco-Roman theocratic republic. That's what my NotEurope looks like.

It's exactly like real Europe. Just with different people. And Ice Age mammals. And some dinosaurs.

I just took the caucuses, flipped them upside down and put new shit there.

More pre-unificatiin Britain than not!Europe, though about twice the size.

Haven't made a geographical map yet but I've got a political map to start with. The setting was made entirely to capture what I liked about old Warcraft.

You should see how it looked in 1st Edition.
If I recall correctly, there was a river that ran entirely from one ocean to another - two mouths and no source.

>If I recall correctly, there was a river that ran entirely from one ocean to another - two mouths and no source.

>Hey what happens when I smash a Decanter of Infinite Water?
>I dunno, let's find out!

well its like europe, but not. also no niggers

My not!Europe is combined with not!NorthAmerica in the southern hemisphere
While on the subject, my not!India is combined with not!Indo-china in a large archepelago around the Equator, my not!Asia is combined with not!SouthAmerica in the Northern Hemisphere, and my not!Africa is combined with not!Middle-East and not!Australia just north of the Equator

My world has a South Pole, and I can't decide if it's a planet or a flat disk sitting on a pillar with an East Pole and a West Pole

>no niggers
>norsca

Fucking honkey, get your shit together.

>no niggers
Fantasy setting, I see

It got taken over by the local not!EnglandSpainItaly. It's still pretty fucked up.

Twin-Lakes as it's name sake implies has two great Lakes connected by a channel in the middle and ocean access via various rivers.

It has two primary kingdoms each rules over one of the lakes. Many cities and villages are lakeside or riverside as they provide excellent trade and fishing.

The culture in the region is probably the most European in my setting, feudal lords, peasants and what not. Military is primarily levys lead by knights and man at arms. Culture is mostly Germanic and French.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B4vlo4bUQZY7cmFjLWY2bnI0a28/view?usp=sharing

Mine is super not!Europey.

do this thread again in a week, i'll show you mine

I should really work on it

What did Portugal and Sicily do to deserve the great succ

Existing

american east coast with florida chopped off

>Tell me about your NotEurope
it's not europe. but it's very similar.

Try harder

>No niggers.

Have to go south of the Badlands amigo. Really south of Khemri.

i lol when i saw this on the front page.

Pretty sure mongolia does feature hills tough?

Also the Sahara is at the same latitude of China, we can only hope this planet rotates from east to west tough.

>also dat butchered Italian, it's funny how murricans don't get the sound of our toponyms

In the south there is a dying empire of sun worshippers ,to its east there are ancient mesopotamian like city states with kings that are vassals of the earlier mentioned empire however their nomadic cousins recently got united under a new prophet preaching one god as the real one while they denounce other religions and try to spread their own religion through conquest.
To the north of these city states is a khanate which conquered and settled a few imperial cities but now its ruler died so a civil war is being fought about who will become the new leader as nobody could be chosen.
To the east of the khanate are celtic/germanic clans living next to eachother who also get raided by and raid eachother occasionally.
North of these clans there are small prinicpalities of not!vikings on the other side of a sea who while fucking around with eachother occasionally go south in order to trade/raid.
And to the east of the khanate over a mountain range there is a giant steppe where other horse nomads who didnt migrate west still live.
Also the reason a large group of nomads migrated west and started conquering was because there was and partially still is a large epidemic going on.

Nothing can beat the original, boyo.

It features some hills but never to the extent in the ops pic. Half of mongolia is pretty flat and the other half has mountains and high plateaus.

Ahhhhhhhh!
It's just a mirror image! I *know* that it's a mirror image! Why does it hurt my brain to look at it?

I have this Idea for a campain based in a post ice age europe 10,000 years ago. A sort of Hyborian Age thing, but my map making skills are shit.

One thing I never understood about Warhammer: Why is there so many forests? The Empire is one of the most powerful nations in the setting, with many cities states, highly populated and yet it is filled with thick wild forests. I doesn't make any sense.

Dude, actual germany in the 1500s was pretty much half-forested. Remember, at that times wood was vital.

>ok, maybe they should've chopped it a little more in the maps, but still

Also, muh dark fairytale vibes.

areas around cities or, any highly populated, should be cleared from woodland, except those protected by royal decree or something like that. I remember seeing some WFRP maps where the forest almost reached the city walls, which is nonsense. Also

> germany in the 1500s was pretty much half-forested

I'd like some sources on that.

Unfinished because the campaign never took off, but the Argosy Isles are norse-esque, Ferrice is based on Venice, the Strandish Kingdom is Britain, the Wellbeck lands France, and the Isle of Amorr is a point of contention between the two kingdoms similar to Calais around the Tudor times

the coloured lines roughly denote territory

I prefer using MS paint for maps

geography.fullerton.edu/taylor/enst595t/darkages.pdf

I did pull out the actual percentage out of my ass, I admit, tough considering Germany NOWDAYS is 32% I should be more or less correct. If anything I'd think it was 50-60% percent back then, perhaps a bit more on the lesser number but who knows, I think the great late midieval chopping spree happened more to the western of the continent.

You're right about the cities, tough I guess WHFRP maps aren't exactly supposed to be that precise.