>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Skills:
sgiz.mobi/s3/9faa85b8c0d0

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

Previously, on /5eg/ bread How would you improve 5e edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jkvREtEIobNn2a7bgiWz9IXXs7a18L5g_hUJVM4pxPw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A slightly fast pace for releasing core material

totally rework warlock and ranger for starters

How to convince a group of friends to play 5e? They seem non-committal.

In what way? Is Revised Ranger not good enough?

Find different friends. If people can't commit, you'll play one or two games, then people will stop coming because they forgot or whatever and then you're just back to square one

Character customization options with more granularity than standard

Tell them they're no longer your friends.

desu 5e is the perfect game

Nah, these are pretty good friends, we'll be playing something else in the meantime, just not 5e.

Revised Ranger was a step in the right direction.

I'd change Warlock to be the true arcane martial (the one EK and to a lesser extent AT wish they were) to the Paladins divine martial and the Rangers druidic martial.

>How would you fix 5e
Rework ranger and elements monk.
Feat progression separate from ASI progression. Slowed ASI progression.
Better equipment guidelines for replacement characters based on what actual players would get. Treasure rolls included.
Make a bunch of optional rules (like autosucces and feats) default rules.
Produce core content at a less glacial pace.

LOL!!!!!
Look if any subhuman around you dosn't want to play 5e the're NOT your friends

How decent (or shit? is using roll20 to find a group to play with. I live in the middle of nowhere and nobody I know plays the game too.

Is a CR=LV enemy a ~50/50 chance of survival in a 1v1 fight?

If no, roughly what CR is?

Not him, but RR is pretty dope.

Warlock feels tighter once you allow the UA invocations and increase the rate at which they receive them.

I know it's bait but I'm pretty sure you don't have any actual friends.

Will we seeing more of Dendar and Lathander?

I don't have any retard as friends unlike you faggot.

>nice projecting btw cuck

CR is 4 party members of equivalent level finding the monster a medium difficulty.

What do I play for Out of The Abyss? I was thinking Shadow Monk could be good

More detailed guidelines for skill DCs.

An actual system for determining knowledge DCs and what info they get you, with text specifying that monster lore can be remembered mid-combat with no action or penalty.

Detailed rules for haggling.

More combat maneuvers that anyone can use without wasting feats on them.

Make GWM work for non-heavy weapons, but only give +5 damage.

Make cleaving a thing. When you kill or KO an enemy, you can combo through other enemies. Let fighters, rangers, and paladins cleave a number of times equal to their level, "half-fighters" like clerics and bards equal to half their level, and totally non-martial classes like wizards and sorcs get one-quarter their level.

Passive checks as the default on perception checks, with clear, unambiguous rules on when to use them.

Remove forcecage, simulacrum, wish, demiplane, astral projection, rope trick, leomund's tiny hut, and clone. There are some others that could use the chopping block, but I'm blanking on them.

That's some advanced autism you have there, mate.

>U-U S AUTISMI!!!!!!
lmao thsi fuckin irl retard kek

>my houserules should be canon
Go home user.

Nou

Rework the classes just a bit and also make class related feats.

>Revised ranger but without the 5mile radar
>Make sure Warlocks aren't just low level multiclass dips by making better high level invocations.
>Rework Sorcerrer by them learning all metamagic at lvl 2 and then make new class features at lvl 5, lvl 11 and lvl 16 so they don't become just a dull lesser version of wizards (have some more Con related features, expand spell lists and other things that would fit ''those gifted with magic''.
>Change Bards to a d6 class (A full caster has no buisness with having a d8 Hp die while also having armour proficiency)
>Change Monk into a d10 class, give them the same number of ASI as Fighters or make FOB scale with level so it gets more unarmed strikes at higher levels.
>Rework the Druids Shapechange feature so they don't remain as damage sponges.
>Fix retarded subclasses like Frenzy Barbarian.
>Diversify the spell lists (There's only one cantrip that deals lightning damage and it's a melee spell attack).
>Make STR, CHA and INT saving throws more relevant.
>Make less retarded crafting rules. The whole point of crafting is to make a profit. Just make sure it's limited time wise if you aim for balance.
>Get some feats that can boost Throwing, One handed and Versatile weapons.

If an adult red dragon has 3 possible attacks, can it only do one of them?

As in, he has to choose between a bite, claw or tail attack?

The statblock lists possible actions.
One of those possible actions is Multiattack.
Multiattack tells you what you can use.

The attack routine says it attacks, with frightful presence, with a bite and two claw attacks. The tail attack is part of its legendary actions.

Thanks.

That's what confused me a little, thanks.

Yes

You have good taste, all of those are things I would say except one more thing.

>Eldritch Blast is a class feature that scales with Warlock level and changes depending on your patron

The way it is now anyone with Charisma might as well be using EB because it's just too damn good compared to other Cantrips. Make it a special Warlock spell attack (Like Sun Soul get) that scales with Warlock level and comes with Agonising Blast. Also change damage type depending on patron to add more flavor then "Magic Blast Attack".

Lathander don't real.

What the fuck is with the drivel in this thread?

>Revised ranger but without the 5mile radar
God forbid rangers did something useful

At least reduce the damn radar to a one mile radius or less.

Oh and let's add this:
>SWITHCH TO MOTHERFUCKING METRIC MEASURES.

Sure.
I'll finish Dendar today.

Ok, how often are we planning to let threads die anyway?

You can't surprise someone that's already in combat. Dick move.

I'm homebrewing a new monk subclass and I'm wondering, is Elemental Weapon too powerful to let monk give themselves? It's not casting the real spell but just an ability with the same effect except Necrotic damage.

Can't figure out if it should be level 3 or 6 and what the scaling Ki cost should be.

I am kind of worried about the damage output but then again Monks have shit damage anyway.

To add to that, generally as a trend but not a hardrule, a monster will be as powerful as a character whose level is 2/3 the monster's CR. For example, the Archmage, Archdruid, and Warlord are essentially a level 18 wizard, druid, and fighter respectively, but are each CR 12.

Just found out about Mega user being purged. Is there a backup to his Roll20/Mega trove anywhere?

>Make a bunch of optional rules (like autosucces and feats) default rules.
this is exactly where older editions went wrong

Are you blind to the OP or something?

Anybody ever tried playing with the fail forward rules in the DMG? how'd it go?

Lots of curses and falling downstairs.

>fail forward
waitwat

where can these rules be found in the DMG?

Pic related has inspired me to make something like this... Not really sure how though. Current thought is a Wood Elf Monk and ask to replace my Unarmed attacks with Dagger attacks.

Unless there's a way to make Dual-Wielding useful yet?

Well, for one, it doesn't multiclass properly.

A guy I play with sometimes has a tabaxi warlock/fighter that dual wields scimitars

Revised Ranger is good but since it's not in a hardcover book, some DM think it's not "official" and therefore broken.

Yes. I am aware of that. I'm trying to figure out at what point it's roughly an even match, sort of to gauge the upper limit of how hard I would want to make a fight.

>CR=~2/3 Lv, with examples.
Thanks dude, that's what I was looking for.

Hey Anons, if your DM broke his own game, blames it on you, and wants to remake without multiclassing but with full UA and a lvl 1 feat. What's the minniest maxed single class character you can think of? Thinking PAM pally or lucky divination...

Ambuscade Ranger with Alert.

If you can convince your DM to let you make the extra attack without a bonus action the Rangers are actually good at it thanks to 4d6+6 damage at level 2.

Not as good as GWM higher up, but decent.

Do you guys play with characters getting hungry/thirsty/tired?

I'm working on a homebrew Barbarian primal path that gives the barbarian a fighting style

Is a fighting style approximately equal in value to one of the barbarian's level 3 features? Or should I supplement it with something else?

You are the worst kind of person and have no ability to properly handle social social situations, kys

If you cast dispel magic on a shapeshifted druid, does the druid revert to its real form?

Aren't daggers a monk weapon?

Doesn't dispel magic refer to spell levels? Druid's shapechanging doesn't have any.

LMAO. This DM is the combined greentext of TG. Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire my dude.

no

dispel magic only works on spells, read the spell before posting

Storytime?

Or you could just talk with him and at worst leave the game afterwards

Going to my session soon
Gonna explore an ancient city carved in a rocky wall on a desert
Feeling pumped af, my gnome wiz is ready to roll

Anyway?

Wondering if I should add the hunger mechanics.

Why does it have to be so antagonistic? user disagreements don't always have to end in ragequitting! He likes to throw BS set pieces, Deus Ex us and rock fall us, we play hard right back. It's just a game is it not??

Anyone*

A fighting style and a permanent bonus depending on the picked fighting style.

For example:
>Pick Dueling - can use bonus action to feint giving advantage on a attack roll once per turn while wielding a onehanded weapon in one hand.
>Pick Defense - while raging reduce damage taken by 2.
>Pick GWF - Use bonus action to force a Str save (DC=8+Prof bonus + either Str or Dex mod) on one target you have hit. On a failed save target is knocked back 10 ft.
>Pick Archery - Bonus action to slow one enemy by 10 ft.

CR=2/3LV more or less
But it varies wildly with class, some are much better equipped for 1v1, for example monk, who will stunning strike the fucker to oblivion.

Anyone got a link to a good crit miss/fumble table?
I was really struggling to come up with things that didn't seem like i was just being cruel to my players.

If I've got a spell with an area of a 20ft square, can I angle it so it comes out like this on a grid?

No

So, I found the DMG Monster Guidelines Tedious, and decided to try making something to make it easier for me.

What do you think?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jkvREtEIobNn2a7bgiWz9IXXs7a18L5g_hUJVM4pxPw/edit?usp=sharing

I didn't type out the tables, FYI, I either calculated the progression, or approximated it as accurately as possible. It can and will go to fractional CRs.

It still needs work for CRs < 1, though.

>crit fumble
>have 5 lv20 fighters together
>each of them legendary warriors and heroes
>when they fight together, one of they will fuck up badly every six seconds
Using crit fumble is being cruel

If it was unclear I'm of the opinion that making those things optional was a fuckup on the part of WotC.

I feel like at least something should happen when they roll a 1.

Not that poster, but I had a DM that worked it like this-

On a natural 1 attack, your target can use their reaction to attack you, assuming you are within range. If you are benefiting from your fighting style, that attack is made at disadvantage.

It wasn't too bad to be honest.

Yeah, they miss.

In case anyone is wondering, it does automatic CR calculations, and lets you spit out enemies using enemy Role Templates converted from 4e.

And so far as I've been able to tell, the math all works out for CR >=1.

Note that none of those NPCs actually have the class features of those classes. A level 18 wizard is not CR 12.

When rolling with disadvantage, and both rolls would 'fail', roll a 1d6.
1=condition applied to self
2=condition applied to allies and self
3=damage dealt to self
4=damage dealt to ally
5=damage and condition applied to self
6=damage and condition applied to allies and self

Note that allies may mean "allies and self", and thus may be substituted for "self" if no allies would be affected.

The DM specifies as required.

4 is supposed to read "damage dealt to allies and self".

If you were to use a PC as an enemy rather than rebuilding them as a monster, what would the level=CR be?

The only time I ever bother with it is when surviving in an inhospitable location is the actual challenge. If they're going out to kill some bandits, explore some ruins or break into a wizard's tower then I want them to that just as much as they do. I'm not going to lump a bunch of arbitrary penalties or even kill them before the game even has a chance to get interesting just because they didn't spend half the session combing through the equipment section of the PHB and telling me what exact items they wanted to purchase before leaving town or because I felt the need to pad the session out by forcing them to make 20 survival checks and they had a streak of bad luck. If they wanted to cross a desert or some other kind of barren land where a passive untrained survival check clearly isn't going to cut it then we can go all Oregon Trail if that's how they want to do it. I would rather travel and between encounter time be spent on roleplaying and character interaction, resource management is not my jam nor is it for anyone else in my group.

Goliath barbarian dunk slammer. Get atheltics. If you have friends left at the table ask them to use enlarge on you.

Yes and I'm noting that prior editions had a lot of rules that should've been optional. No one is stopping you from making optional rules an auto-default in your own games.

You mean the rules guidelines even in the basic rules? No, because no one ever reads them.

Rarely. We usually find a way around it.
>player is a wanderer and can thus provide food for the party, no reason to deal with rations unless they're in a desert etc.
>player is a noble and his family is willing to provide them with rations.
>players are rewarded some kind of business or investment. The money from this goes into adventuring supplies/replacements or goes back into the investment.

>No one is stopping you from making optional rules an auto-default in your own games.
Of course not. And I do precisely that. I want them to be the default so that I might actually want to *Play* in someone else's game, without having to hunt for someone who went through and turned on all the options the game needs to be actually playable.

Page 242? I think that's it.

Bump

And I'm disagreeing with you that the optional rules should be default. I'm also disagreeing that 5e is unplayable without your rules.

Arcane Half-Caster. Duskblade (not the EK form it has taken). Magus.

Is there a somewhere people have uploaded player characters? I'd like to have a bunch at different levels, for one shots and guest sessions using pregens.

Winging it, and treating them like a monster and not an antagonist with intelligence and resources, probably level = CR 1 step down per tier, so lvl 1-4 is CR 1/2-3, lvl 5-8 is CR 3-6, lvl 9-12 is CR 6-9, lvl 13-16 is CR 9-12, and lvl 17-20 be CR 12-15. Huh.

>5e edition

really makes me think

Is hair important to spell casting in your setting?