What is his endgame?

What is his endgame?

To keep playing the game forever.

And to be on top forever

Didn't he get totally shown up in GS? Like everything fell apart and he failed totally?

IIRC my Dark Eldar lore correctly, whenever Asdrubael Vect is involved in a war and loses, that typically means that he wanted to:
1) Get rid of some uppity warriors within his own ranks
2) Deliberately got involved in a very bad war and made sure some of his political enemies lost more troops than he did

3) He's pretending to be weak by losing a few wars, emboldening his enemies (which are pretty much everyone in Commoragh) to strike after which he pulls a "I was merely pretending to be retarded".

Pretty sure GS2 has him furious with his losses, Malys leading the Archons in talks of killing him, Urien fucking off, and the Mandrakes saving the day and consuming half of Commoragh after gaining a huge power boost.

Very sure it even has a line about how his plan for dealing with the Dysjunction isn't working, hence why the Mandrake+Haemonculi team up saves them.

Pretty sure pic related delivered the war in his living room, not that he chose to get involved.

Well
>3) He's pretending to be weak by losing a few wars, emboldening his enemies (which are pretty much everyone in Commoragh) to strike after which he pulls a "I was merely pretending to be retarded".

But there's been no indication anything was pretend at all. And it says he's genuinely pissed off and that things didn't go as planned.

We'll have to see how things develop given that shit has actually now changed in the lore.
Maybe he has some sort of "just as planned!" bs up his elven sleeves.

Though, the whole Ynnari bs clearly came from the left field for him.

Here's the thing. Vect is specifically written by GW to never show his true colours.

He could be mad. He could be happy. You'll never know.

Except we are literally told Vect was angry and that his plan was not working out as he intended. GW literally wrote this as his feelings.

Have you not read FoB?

Right now his shit is on fire, chances are that he actually is mad.

Do die quickly and relatively painlessly, so to be spared the slow death of being written worse and worse as the writers wank off to their new Eldar faction.

>new Eldar faction
>wanked
>when all they did was fracturing the Eldar and resurrecting a human

You laugh now, but when the Yvraine's troops are the only Eldar in Grand Alliance: Imperium, it'll all be tears.

Cabals who believed they had fallen out of favour with Vect were suddenly gifted prime real estate (right above khaines gate unknown to them)

They were grateful, vect managed to place his more traitorous/ bitter allies in a very compromising position, fell back behind layer after layer of webway dimensional gates and bunkered down as daemon spilled into the city

He'll probably end up killed by Jaghati so that Jaghati can take over Deldar the way Guillian took over the Craftworlds so that every good faction is lead by a Primarch.

Why restrict it to good factions? Why not all of them?
>Perturabo leading Necrons
>Dorn leading Tau
>Fulrgim leading Tyranids
>Angron leading Orks

Perty can go get fractured into a fancy new brand of god shards to throw at enemies.

>Angron leading orks
Lorgar would fit better.

What's the reasoning there?
(I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Lorgar making Erebus and Kor Phaeron dress up as Gork and Mork.)

Religiosity. He has the right amount of punchey to survive orkish theism discussions, too.
Angron being around and, you know, doing the usual Angron shtick has the potential to cause mountain-sized orks, though.

>Orkish theism
Goddammit, just when I start thinking I'm not a newfag anymore...
I really need to read up on more lore.

I remember reading somewhere that a usual ork 'Gork or Mork?' discussion ends like all ork affairs, good old violence.
But you can bet there is an ork somewhere who infiltrated a monk group, forgot he's an ork, remembered it twenty years later and looted his brothers' beards.

Well yeah, probably. Everyone knows all that matters is Primarchs now. Xenos even more shit than the absolute shit they used to be