ITT: Video games that would make great setting for tabletop rpg

ITT: Video games that would make great setting for tabletop rpg.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3ZgnXjXk2N0
youtube.com/watch?v=4DOKzTHaPfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Friday the 13th
Left for dead
Far cry
Possibly some gta
dragons age has some cool lore/settings
of course.....skyrim

Legacy of Kain.

This. It's always irked me that Nosgoth never comes up in good vampire world discussions. It's a pity that the MMO was bad, I would desperately love to see the world revisited on PS4, we do still need a conclusion to Kain's story.

Also I found out recently that Amy Henning also wrote the story for the uncharted series, so that was a pleasant surprise.

dammit.......

Nostalgia.jpg

WE UR-QUAN NEVER LIE

>Also I found out recently that Amy Henning also wrote the story for the uncharted series,

Hmm. Nice bit of trivia there user. thx.

As long as there is one of us.....we are legion

Dominions
DOMINIONS

Destiny

But literally anything would be a better use of the setting than an Activision game.

10/10

Skyrim

I heard Germs turned it into a rpg setting

Dark Souls.

Neverwinter Nights.

Darkest Dungeon.

Seriously, it's about as close to an OSR dungeon crawl I can imagine a video game to be.

Borderlands.

But yaknow, so its actually an RPG.

I've always wondered, who's the old guy on left? In the center? Party only goes to four, and the other 3 are classes in game.

Sounds like a monster snuck it's way I to the parties memories and the only way to weed it out is to get to Killin,morty.

WASTED
Killing Floor downscaled
EYE

Looks like a prototype Man-At-Arms.

Age of decadence.

Maybe man at arms and occultist, sure

but would you each play individual aliens, or as ships in a fleet??

Morrowind.

Jade Empire

Shadow of the Colossus.

Best answer in thread.

Hotline Miami.

This.

Really? I've been describing it as "The closest thing you'll get to a D&D 4e videogame".

>ywn stagger-run through a russian mafia front in a chicken mask while murdering russians to the sickest beats

Torchbearer gets really close to this in its mechanics

Shit, I'd play this.

Not sure how I'd survive, but fuck yeah.

Age Of Wonders.

This.

I've posted it before and I'll post it again.

Severely underrated post. I've only played a bit of the first one, but I'd play the shit out of that as a ttg.

Damn straight

Bauldur's Gate

Dishonored
Mostly because the aesthetic, magic and world is pretty neat, and there's a convenient unexplored giant landmass to make stuff up in

Man, the first was fucking great. I haven't, and don't think I will, play the sequel though. I just think that a sequel is unnecessary.

This. It's practically the best settiing for murderhoboing

Too bad nobody's ever played it.

youtu.be/3ZgnXjXk2N0

>Friday the 13th
>video games
I know there is one coming out but...

I've been playing through the second game and my only real complaint is that it runs like shit on PC.

Play it like RT

Hyper Light Drifter

I'm just a stickler for broken worlds with lots of lost technology and big floaty things.

Look at these memesters

But only the original PS3/PC version, not the trash handheld spinoffs

Age of Mythology

To be honest my main problem is that I went through all that shit so that Emily could live a peaceful life. I just don't like the fact that she's getting caught up in more of this bullshit after everything you did to save her. The daughteru should not be endangered, damn it.

That's not true, I've played the sequel.

Shadow of the Demon Lord. Pretty much exactly. Started playing it recently, and it's fan-fucking-tastic. And gloriously lethal.

Fuck, I mistook Akechi for Door-kun at first.

Just have the Reapers be postponed indefinitely for some reason and Shephard doesn't happen. It's a really good space opera setting with a lot of potential that the games pretty much squandered.

Bioware are pretty good at ruining good things they originally came up with

I'll just go listen to the galaxy map theme on repeat again

I found the setting to be surprisingly cool.

Getting ready for writing one as soon as I'm done with current projects

The handheld spinoffs had customizable tanks. That was pretty dope. I played...3, I think? Only watched LPs of 1 and 2. Fuck grinding for certs in 3 though that destroyed my will to live.

>mfw the killmaster rewards me with his bulletbelt and spider-woven bass strings.

I always sorta thought it was suppose to be you.

Sign me the fuck up, user.

Seriously, make a Discord or something, we can bounce ideas off each other. I got a few knocking around as well.

I'm in.

Obvious answers are Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Its a damn shame Bethesda has never expressed any interest in making tabletop rpgs in these settings. Any half decent gm could do better with these settings then they have done post Oblivion

It's so damned easy. It's the setting I run when I'm playing with new people. It's SO EASY.

The original is really good.

I think it'd work great for a lighthearted swashbuckling adventure. Lots of room for different kinds of characters and you can just make up islands freely.

Heavy mithril

Left4Dead would be pretty damn awesome. Being able to level up a character would be nice

It's not far from the Numenera setting desu. I had planned a setting that was essentially HLD, Numenera with a mixture of Vampire Hunter D in it.

Might as well, but it will probably take at least dew months untill I properly get around to it, I got too much shit on my plate right now. I all ready have lots of ideas for Heavy Metal setting and even have some of the basic cosmology figured. I'm planning a month long session of reading archival Heavy Metal magazine, listening to dope albums and brainstorming before I start properly writing it.

Right now I'm trying to figure how to solve magic mechanically. Magicians are basically bards playing on special instruments and tapping to primal songs and sounds that created The World and which echoes are still vibrating through it to this day. I don't really know how to present it mechanically so that it would actually feel like playing music, not like casting a spell.

For high level magic I'm picturing sieges in which instead of traditional siege engines you would have whole concert scenes dragged towards the city walls by bulky trolls and flooding them with destructive waves of musical magic. The biggest and oldest cities would have an access to ancient and priceless artifacts known as Siege Percussions, mounted on top of city gates and boosted by rows of massive amplifiers. A single beat of one of the drums of this enormous drum sets is enough to set a whole squad of besieging army on fire.

Bass players are the source of magic, or unusual instruments. The bass is the source of magic, overlooked and overused.

Maybe the magical system could have some kind of free-form elements, to represent characters improvising and creating their own solos and riffs?

Also, some kind of ability to combine all of your magic together in order to have the whole band play at once to achieve even more awesome effects.

I don't get it.

Far left looks like man at arms and I think middle is crusader without a helmet on

Witcher
Generally VG settings are amazing, but stories blow ass.

Suikoden.

my nigger
Gothic I and II were so fucking great nothing comes close once you've finished them.
Also it would be cool to have a system like that with classes tied to character progression within the world, I never liked the D&D prestige class system, for one you don't get your base class full package and being a "supplement class" you never feel like you're playing it 100%. That's not my idea of progression, and I feel like there is so much potential with branching classes (IE start as a peasant and then go for Initiate to warlock or fire magician etc.) I also like the added flavor of a class so specialized like that, of course you'd need lots more shit for a P&P but still, would be nice!

Fuckan this

>Session 1 : justifiable gnomicide

Dragon's Dogma

The middle is you, the player - the inheritor.

It's not much like D&D at all, but you are right it is much much MUCH closer to modern D&D than OSR.

I'd play it.

Grim dawn and its class system

As if gnomicide was ever not justifiable.

all my this
youtube.com/watch?v=4DOKzTHaPfM

I always get reminded of this game when I see that greentext screencap of the dumb orc hero.
On a side note, the setting deep down is depressing as fuck.
Technology is destined to substitute magic in virtue of it's ease of use thus making everyone lose its intuition and become blind slaves of machines, until some day it'll make a comeback, maybe.

My personal pick is This War of Mine.

About a rag-tag group of survivors with their own specializations attempting to survive a conflict by scavenging and stealing and trading. There needs to be more modern RPGs, and a game designed to be set inside a war zone would be easy to adapt to a lot of settings and times. I also thing the strongest mechanics in tabletop RPGs are all different flavors of resource management, so juggling hunger/sanity/injury while trying to not run out of the items you need to live would be really tense.

I've kind of wanted to make a campaign based on this for a while. I'm sure it'd be more like a refluff but I'm not sure how it'd work.

This game is metal as fuck and even has some premade characters for you.

Not vidya, but something like this where you take charge of a regiment and play the higher ups.