Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Rolled 26 (1d26)

Army backgrounds edition
Spinal Dreadnought subedition.

Mortal Wounds caused Morale Wounds, MGS bemoaned our downfall and WS tech-heresy was posted. Osiron Dreads can't decide whether they're in command or not and the Death Guard reveal their intractable hordes. Mechanicum decide to Go Fast after strapping their construction equipment to tonka toys and outrun the Salamanders fat Raiders. All this and more in the last thread >READ MOTHERFUCKER READ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iWw5YdW57Es
youtube.com/watch?v=0K8zs-KSitc
youtube.com/watch?v=bzND4EF1XIo
youtube.com/watch?v=-u0t8ZIlwuQ
youtu.be/m59fTKa-Bjk?t=6s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_by_elephant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DAMMIT, I was about ten seconds too slow. I shall fashion myself a spider-shaped Pain Glove in penance.

Who is best Traitor Primarch?

This thread now belongs to the XVIth

The Warmaster. HAIL!

First for White Scars best legion

Yep, totally first user. You have failed the same as your legion failed to protect the Emperor but hey! At least you got to Terra

At least my Legion made it there, unlike some blue cunts

Perty.

Only one that didn't get slapped like a bitch after Horus fucked everything up by trying to duel daddy.

Seriously though, Khan was the most level headed and mature of the primarchs.

Unlike Perturabo or Fulgrim, for example, who had no reason to turn beyond their childish petulance.

Iron warriors are one of the coolest legions with possibly the derpiest primarch. Just saying.

>Seriously though, Khan was the most level headed and mature of the primarchs.

That works until you realize that he ran off into the webway when he was needed most.

Post your army backgrounds and fluff, people. Got to be some people that aren't Loyalist Iron Warriors under Kyr Vahlen. I made some proper lore for Xander Treides that justifies the Warlord for my 40k Mech changing pretty much every game.

Archmagos who told his Biologis Covenant to dig in and set up their own fortified Forge System during the Heresy, as his fleet goes to Mars stripped of all non-combat personnel to fuck up some Traitors. He loaded his mind into his fleet's flagship cogitators, and downloads it into a new body whenever he needs to do shit. If he "dies", he's still cool, but he loses the data he had on the body, hence the "still losing Slay The Warlord" thing. However, as he is a pisspoor fighter, he dies a LOT, and his code degenerates a little every time. He's still entirely functional, but occasionally he'll do something completely off the wall for no apparent reason.

Eventually, he realizes this at the close of the Schism of Mars, and partitions the sections of his mind that are still functional off into the ship. Those are mostly the engineering, surgery and command sections as he kept those updated, but he loses all his memories, so he's a disembodied mind who controls his subordinates and uses their memories, but they gain his frankly insane capabilities and mental capacity. The raving madman who declared himself Damnatio Ad Gladium after the Heresy and led his Taghmata against the Dark Mechanicum during the Scouring, finally being killed by House Atrax storming Cyclotrathe is an ENTIRELY unrelated individual, and not at all his last body and thousands of years of memories without an actual mind as such driven by the last commands of the sentient Xander before his ascendance.

Still trying to decide whether to use the regular Archimandrite or the Inar Satarael rules for him. Mini I'm planning could easily be either.

Perty was proly the first one to fuck off after he got together in an emergency conference with "Infinite Dicks" Fulgrim, "Sack of Shit" Mortarion, and "I don't know what to do anymore" Abaddon. Then he spent the rest of the time building up his coffin planet because he knew Dorn would find him and try to rape him a thousand different ways before finally allowing him to die. Unfortunately, that still makes him the best traitor primarch all things considered.

Someone's a tad out of proportion.

Didn't Fulgrim only turn because he was possessed by a daemon?

cringe

The brain upload thing also means that every time he takes a new host, he changes his priorities a little due to having a long series of new perspectives on the situation. It means that the exact objective of the fleet varies like someone doing the same Fallout playthrough in bursts every few months - he has a decent idea of what he wants to actually do, but all the exact details and precise mission that's planning to do next tends to vary a bit.

you somehow misspelled /reddit/ with Veeky Forums

citation?

He's like how I like me marines. With tiny heads and huge elbows.

I brought my Ordinatus Ulator into the GW shop today because I had intended to set up a HH mega battle some time next month. Everyone was impressed at first when they saw the Ulator, but let me tell you, the moment an entire room goes completely silent when the Bass Cannon overpowered every conversation at once was the highlight of my day. I even allowed some peeps to play their own music from their phones, since the jack in the circuit was universal.

Of course, when you starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=iWw5YdW57Es
and perform the equivalent of aural shitposting directly at the man who wrote your favorite codex, well, that was a good time too.

Posted it a few weeks ago.

Loyalist Luna Wolves.

Made up mostly of Terrans who either fought on Terra during the final years of the unification wars, or fought in the Sol system immediately after unification. They remember the very brief period before Horus took command, and the slightly less brief period before Cythonian recruits swelled the Legion's number.

They were extremely against the late crusade warrior lodges so popular with the Cythonians due to their perception that the warrior lodges were a secret back door to rank and favor over merit and competence, something wholly against the early Luna Wolve's culture. Due to this resistance to falling into the fold, but also because they were a strong nucleus of veterans with immense capability, they were sent on a long term nomad-predation mission in the fringes of the galaxy to conquer and exterminate minor human and alien civilizations. The point was to attrit their number to a manageable size before Isstvaan. They didn't return on schedule and so were thought lost. When they did return, the heresy was in full swing.

Man, I bet than must have been awesome. I know sonic weaponry relies on both power (moar pressure) and frequency (for resonance), but what would be more powerful, loud music or meme music?

My dudes's fluff
The 101th chapter of the XVIII legion
The praetor is a veteran of the battle of the tempest galleries. He is told by Vulkan to go beyond the borders of the astronomican and see if there's anything of note, in this mission he will be allied with a few custodes, whose purpose is to keep anything deemed too dangerous for humanity and dictate the choice of the praetor in situations not covered by his orders. Istvaan III and V happend, he comes back, only to see an imperium destroyed by civil war, wants to investigate the fate of Vulkan where the custodes wants to return to terra, matter settled when they discover they have to go through the entire imperium and entire legions of traitors. They decide that they will destroy all traitors, or die trying some survive to finally make it to terra

what's a good combo using techpriest auxillia reductor and a magos? The fact the priest gets tankhunter piqued my interest. But you can only give him a grav imploder and grav gun, and the magos doesnt really have any good tank hunting guns.
Any ideas? was thinking magos+priest+4 servos with multimelta in a scouting macrocarid

How many times in your life will you get to say "I memed a space marine to death"

What about a combination of sonic and plasma...

youtube.com/watch?v=0K8zs-KSitc

This was a mistake from a different time. Stop punishing me for it. Make one better, one that is a blank page that onky says "anons" or something.
The era of geometry is gone, the bitterness has rusted away, and the rads are past their half life now.
Are we perhaps in the age of Custards & tinmen?
I gave you like half of your fluff, is it such a sin to like loyalist betrayed IWs as well?

T H I N G S . S H A L L . G E T . L O U D . N-
>[Outmemed by Ordinatus]

I like them too, actually. When I was first scanning over HH armies to pick I considered them and the Iron Hands, before settling on one of the only Mechanicum variants with as little iron as possible. Not sure what was going on there.

That's a very clever way to justify the Vets lists that work so well with them, I like it a lot. Did you come up with a quick way to do all the six billion Terran Vet badges you'd need on all your dudes?

Or just go straight for an Ionophone, or Plasma Speaker.
youtube.com/watch?v=bzND4EF1XIo

That thing remains the main drive for me to find cool things to add to the whalebird, since no matter what I do it will never be that cool.

Perhaps if I ever do that Volkite Crawler Ordinatus I'll see if I can make the Volkite coils light up, they're big enough to get some lights into and I have an engineer friend who has an almost masochistic love for fiddly projects like that. DAMMIT, now I have to add another page to the Ideas Notebook.

>Got to be some people that aren't Loyalist Iron Warriors

In a way, it kinda makes sense for there to be more loyalist Iron Warriors than other traitor legions, given that they were one of the largest and their whole thing was scattering their forces on thankless garrison duty to the corners of the Imperium, which would mean lots of Iron Warrior forces that spent considerable amounts of time away from their Primarch's cult of personality, which seems to be one of the main reasons, along with the warrior-lodges (did the IVth ever even have these?) that marines were so eager to follow their Primarchs into rebellion without a second thought.

>perform the equivalent of aural shitposting directly at the man who wrote your favorite codex, well, that was a good time too.

what did he mean by this

They can function as a cost effective Conversion Beamer Reductor sniper squad, deadly to buildings and anything far away without having to spend a valuable Heavy option for that, or the cost of T5 2W 3+/5++ PE(Everything) dudes for that matter. I did the maths, Reductor Conversion snipers get a huge discount for like only a -5% decrease in power or something . But that's the only use I see in them.
Other than being techpriests with free servo arms. If you're using Siege Automata, a squad of these could be a good enough caretaker unit with flamer servitors for melee deterrence and a Magos with Cortex Controller. Because Tank Hunters or not, Servo Automata lack Relentless. Especially since Reductors get this squad as an extra on the FoC so they don't really lose that much for Matrix of Destruction.
Or you could turn that Thanatar into a Paragon of Metal too.

Depends. In personal tests, I found that sounds like the Giantdad Special
youtube.com/watch?v=-u0t8ZIlwuQ
actually shook the Ordinatus and even my desk, to the point the Ordinatus was vibrating itself apart. Loud music will work best, and make things more atmospheric. The occasional memeblast though can be fun, if not overdone.

F I R E

Lights are best done with Arduino, I'm told. I have yet to try a light project.

I stopped by my shop during a special event, apparently. Jeremy Vetock (The guy who wrote the tau codex) was there, talking about the new Sigmar Squats. I naturally had to make my thoughts known.

>warrior-lodges (did the IVth ever even have these?) that marines were so eager to follow their Primarch
I doubt it. They already had a rank-free side club dedicated to engineering and tactics. An HHG of sorts. And many among themselves refrained from going because good stuff got commended but bad stuff got jeered worse than thicc painted minis in this general. I wish they had done inclusion exercises and invited other legions like the WE gladiator pits, but outsiders would probably have been bored.
Though we did that several threads ago and one White Scar ended up proposing Biketillery. Which the IWs can do because of their Shrapnel bolts in Command squad Jetbikes with power weapons. A fun thought exercise.

No, unfortunately.

>Giantdad Special actually shook the Ordinatus and even my desk, to the point the Ordinatus was vibrating itself apart.
>Ordinatii shield components are known to burn themselves away during battle due to the strain put on their components.
Wow Shas, you even got that part right. Commendable mini.

I typically use pride of the legion or black reaving. Reavers are expensive compared to vets for similar jobs. I've got a pricey 15 man reaver squad with jump packs and combi weapons with banestrike ammo. 6 combi melta, 6 combi plasma, melta gun, plasma gun, flamer and melta bombs on the chieftan.

They're expensive at 500 pts. But they've been averaging about 800 pts in damage per battle. I rarely make them charge. I just hop them around, playing conservatively and blasting stuff. The banestrike ammo shred meqs like rending, the plasma wrecks teqs, and the melta wrecks MCs and vehicles.

>Did you come up with a quick way to do all the six billion Terran Vet badges you'd need on all your dudes?
Assuming you want to slap them all on the shoulders, you could just greenstuff a pair of lightning bolts onto the Raptors pad from the Deathwatch sprue and make a push mold.

Stop bullying Space Wolves.

>Jeremy Vetock stopped by my shop and I meme'd him

what WHAT

SHOO SHOO SALTY AWOO.

If I get to the Horus Heresy Weekender, I swear I should try and do something like that to Alan Bligh.

No.

Please run this sound through the gun
youtu.be/m59fTKa-Bjk?t=6s

Can I ask what the dimensions of the Ordinatus are? Length, height, width. Just so I can log that when I'm toying with ideas during my painting sessions. I swear, I spend more time on my silly notebook of bullshit than on the actual models.

Not that user, but same. I'm a financial analyst/controller and I organize my thoughts in spreadsheet on a daily basis. My wife hates it.

Why are Iron Warriors one of the more popular legions? Their scheme is so ugly.

Iron Autists. They're a Legion of Sperglords who spend all their time calculating how to destroy shit. and led by an uber-sperglord with zero social skills who is bitter and the universe because of that. In short, they're the perfect representation of the HHG community.

I'm not even a particularly organised person, I just have an idea, scribble it down and as I'm doing that I have more ideas about how to improve it and it all kind of snowballs. If I could actually draw it would be wasted due to all the notes that wind up scattered all over the book anyway.

>Their scheme is so ugly.
Say that to my face and not online!

Siegemasters who have one of the best grudges in Warhammer history. They're incredibly focused on annihilating things far more efficiently than anyone else and they love warning chevrons a shitton.

They also have a considerably tragic inner-Legion history and also have a huge room for both traitor and loyalist options. They're also stubborn as fuck and are the most practical of the Traitor Legions.

Length
-Total: 13 inches
-Front Carriage 5.5 inches
-Rear Carriage 7 inches
-Sonic Projector: 12 inches
Width
-Carriage: 5.5 inches
-Carriage with Gun Extremities: 7 inches
Height
-Front Carriage: 2.25 inches
-Rear Carriage: 2.5 inches
-Gun: 2.5 inches (main body)
-Carriage and Gun: 5.5 inches
-Highest point of Dish: 5.75 inches

Oh yeah, asked him about the squats and squat conversions and how many termagants fit in a tau vagina and everything.

Nah for realz doe my main concern to him was why GW and FW can't get their shit together, since GW seems to treat FW as incompatible with its stuff, and the massive change in 8th edition could render unintended changes in 30k, with the changes potentially making armies like cybernetica unplayable. I was concerned how they don't seem to care how the changes will affect 30k, and how with every change it makes me real hesitant to buy FW sometimes since a change's effects could ruin an army. With every question he answered to everyone he had this big smile, but this one, he looked somewhat serious and down. He said that FW has been trying to do inter-communications better, but the effort was mostly with the FW guys, and the GW guys are just doing their own thing regardless, leaving FW with perpetual catchup. Nothing I didn't already know, except for the FW guys making sure shit like Cybernetica still works identical in 8th. The guy wanted to talk Kharadrons, so I didn't bug him with bullshit. I do like the Kharadrons though, and I got his thoughts on my Tau and stuff.

That's really interesting to hear, and it is sad that FW always seems to be the forgotten brother in things, always kept out of the loop and always behind. You'd think given FW's massive boost in popularity thanks to the HH Series GW would give more of a shit about them.

Different companies. FW is FW, GW is Citadel. GW gonna look out for its own bottom line first.

Thanks for all the detail, that's suprisingly small for something with that big a gun. Now to work out how many Volkite Carronades are required for a suitable Ordinatus gun...

>Different companies.
You cannot be this stupid.

wow, people like you still exist

>Now to work out how many Volkite Carronades are required for a suitable Ordinatus gun...
All of them.

Lol. A volkite ordinates. Sounds like fun! Probably something the admech would think up. I just imagine a bright red beam paving back and forth alone enemy lines, creating a charred line of destruction like a giant felt pen on. Piece of paper.

What does everyone's collection look like? You don't need to post pictures if you don't want to, but I'm really curious as to see what everyone is bringing to the table lately.

*ordinatus

Bringing to the table? Marines. In general, here's my sheet-

Legions (Iron Hands):
>variety of HQs (Libby, 3 centurions/praetors (1 termie, 2 Reggo, BaC chaplain, termie primus Medicae)
>command Squad (dudes with power weapons/guns I did for fun)
>10 Cataphractii
>10 Tartaros
>10 Gorgons
>techmarine and servitors
>60 Tactical marines
>20 medusan immortals
>10 tactiacal Support
>10 heavy Support
>10 seekers
>2 Vindicators
>3 rhinos
>2 land raiders
>spartan assault Tank
>legion falchion
>2 contemptors
>deredeo
>leviathan
>soon to get a Sicarian

Mechanicum Ordo Reductor:
>archmagi (one tech-priest, one converted cawl)
>6 myrmidons
>12 kataphrons (stand ins for stuff)
>15 Thallax
>20 hoplites
>30 peltasts
>3 triaros
>3 ordo Reductor artillery tanks (40k skitarii crabwalkers, couldn't pass up on the oppurtunity)
>variety of 40k admech stuff to fill in when I try something out

Quaestoris Knights:
>2 Knight-errants
>2 Knight-wardens
>knight-paladin (though he and one warden have changeable parts)

Legion Custodes:
>1 shield-captain
>4 hetaeron Guard
>10 spearstodes
>20 sentinel guard
>contemptor-Achillus
>2 corona transports
>2 caladius grav-tanks

>probably other stuff I forgot about

fuuuuuuuuuuck I've wasted too much time and money on this

Hang on a minute, why do the Thousand sons even have dreadnoughts? Can't the Pavoni biomancers just regrow the legionnaire?

If a marine gets gibbed into a head and half a torso there's only so much they can do.

Thing is, judging by the Ulator PinningArmourbaneInstantDeath 7" beam hits flyers giant pile of bullshit, the answer is probably about six to eight.Maybe I should make this one a more distributed fire Ordinatus? Two or three big turrets with megaguns in them, so you can Choom three units per turn.

I like to think it's a massive command crawler with some massive but less gigantic than normal guns and some seriously bullshit shielding. More a moving Fortification with battlements and such than a vehicle, Dispersion Shield making anything on top of it at BARE MINIMUM effective T4 would make a hell of a firebase. I like open-topped Superheavies, although this one would probably not be an Assault Transport due to being too high up.

Something like that tau movable fort, a spider-walker with twelve legs shaped like a battleship, with a flare shield for everything on its battlements and two quad-volkite demi-culverins and a forward-mounted double karacnos mortar with phosphex, as well as top-mounted guns like what the mastadon gets. standing room for fifteen models/two castellax/a thanatar at both forecastle and rear i dont know boat terms

So I have an idea for my Hetaeron's Magisterum Vexilla; I'm thinking somewhat like this picture and using the FW MKIII Command banner but with a few of the Custode Transfers on it. Then just giving him a Sentinel Warblade for kicks instead of a Master Crafted Powerweapon (why???)

Yes or no? I figured it's better than just giving them all Solerite Gauntlets and Paragon Blades with shields.

go back to r*ddit faggot and take your name/tripfaggots and circlejerk cancer with you

Literally all of that sounds unimaginably sexy. Saved for future shitty sketches. Although people will probably get butthurt at something that comes with two Ignore Cover Quad-mortars. Especially since it's probably got an Occularis plugged into them ED-E style at all times.
I may cut the number of legs down to eight because for something that size they'd probably be Knight legs or similar, it's hard to find the proper spidertank feet.

Mechanicum Mastodon. We don't need to hide in a box, because we aren't T4 plebs and even our dicks have forcefields.

Hey fellow Custode user with the Solerite Gauntlet Captain; borrowed your idea and made another (#5) Shield Captain with his Archeotech Pistol attached to his Gauntlet.

Still have to clean him but I love it.

->

>Post your army backgrounds and fluff, people
Ahh, this is just the post Waffle Custode has been waiting for!

My Custodes Prefect commands the Regum Ruinam ('Fall of Kings'), a task-force designated to act as the default executioners of the Imperial Household, in such cases where a special force is not assembled for the task (like Prospero). As the Imperium grew larger and larger with the progression of the Great Crusade their role was one they were called up from their regular duties to perform more and more often, until near the end of the Great Crusade and the outbreak of the Heresy they had not been on Terra itself for decades as they moved from place to place, acting as the descending blade of the Emperor's justice, whether or not the neck was waiting in chains or on a throne.

Composed of about 3 dozen Custodes drawn from varying portions of the Legion, making for a flexible kill-team of dangerous and lethal warriors. They are accompanied by a permanently attached Cadre of Sisters of Silence, known as the 'Headsman's Daughters', who stand as wardens of the condemned and act as an anti-psyker component in battle. While the Custodians are no more special than any of their kind, if one where to read through their roll call and squad names, they would notice a certain symbolism creeping to the fore, as the squads are all named after ancient methods of execution or punishment. And the titles of the Custodians themselves all contain within their primary components the name of some god, hero, or beast known in fact or legend to have slain a king.

(Reading Master of Mankind made me even more certain of what I was already feeling about the Custodes, that symbolism plays a big part when it comes to their naming conventions, for whatever reason... And because of that, I'm now planning to include a small number of Terminators in my army, JUST so I can call them "The Elephants".)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_by_elephant

And also, just for the record, I'm only going to give names to the characters of my Shield-Captain and Dreadnoughts, and even then I'm not going to go past ten or so.

Neat. So while the Wolves are the emperors executioners, your custodes are an extension of the emperors own blade.

I just started my first 30k army

Imperial fists

10 Tartaros
10 Cataphractii
40 Tacticals
15 support
5 Heavy Support
20 vets
10 Templar Brethren
2 Contemptors
1 Mortis
2 Rhinos
3 Drop Pods
3 Land Raiders

I like your theme. Will they wear black?
>I'm only going to give names to the characters of my Shield-Captain and Dreadnoughts, and even then I'm not going to go past ten or so
Awww :^)
Lynch will be one of his names, guarantee.

Higher toughness = thicc? Apparently everyone thinks Mortarion a thicc because T7

Oh and a Chaplin and a Praetor

Vexilla wouldn't be bad on Hetaeron Guard, especially the extra wound making them survive longer.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with my Hetaeron's armament but my, as I'm still waiting to see if they release any more Custodes, on the odds they create a bits pack with paragon blades, solarite gauntlets, and other stuff. But lately I've been thinking that I should mix it up a bit and give them each something different (or close to it).

DUDE that shit is fucking tight! please tell me you started killing shit to that first bass drop, PLEASE TELL ME THE BASSCANNON DROPPED ITS LOAD AT THAT DROP

I realize just loading them up with blades and Gauntlets with shields is the most effective thing ever, but I'd rather have some extra "oomph" to them and I think the thematicism of the grandiose Vexilla would work decently. Basically I view them all as very individualistic but willing to utilize varied forms of weaponry that fit the mission at hand. Eventually
I'd like to make a second squad of 10 with a crazy varied loadout for shits and giggles.

Thankyou both.

I was originally planning on only putting the Hetaeron squad in black (all Custodes in squads of 5), but lately have been toying with the idea of adding more.

And I thought about giving each and every model their own name, but that requires me to track down 30+ heroes and such that killed kings. And when it comes down to it, on the tabletop you really don't know which model is who in the middle of a game (learned that when I was young and just getting into Warhammer). But Terminator Squad Elephant? That's a group of badasses you remember when they stomp all over your unit and and dismember them (ie: like the execution method).

>Lynch
That's definitely going to be used for one of my dreadnoughts.

I was already thinking of adding some greenstuff nooses to my Sisters of Silence squad, too. Now I'm trying to decide if it'd look nice on the Dread ('normal' size or scaled up

Not necessarily thicc, but bigger maybe yes.
It's strange how thicc and bigg are Perturabo and Magnus, both of whom are T6, but Morty and Vulkan are the second biggest primarchs and are both T7.
Or are they just people that simply don't seem to get hurt by stuff?

Interesting setup; the idea of a primary execution force not unlike the more relaxed Prospero Censure force is very interesting. The thematics behind an execution based force is a little heavy but I like the idea; they seem more like headhunters than executioners, but I imagine a specialty of taking out certain forces becomes a specialty. Would you say they practice assassinations a bit more than the standard Custodes?

Hmm, I guess this gives me good reason to post mine then:

Custodian Force "Linea Gratis" (The Line Breakers)

A Legio Custode taskforce that heavily utilizes the idea of a battle line destruction through precision attacks; whether this relies on overwhelming force or hit and run attacks is up to the mission at hand and the Shield Captains at hand who act under the Tribune; who leads the primary detachament. A force that relies on diversity and the willingness to be exceedingly mobile or act as walls that would make Dorn blush. Led by Tribune Djet the force consists of nearly eighty Custodes, their roles varying from mission to mission, but also includes a personal detachment of nearly a dozen Hetaeron that follow Djet into combat. It also carries an unusually high detachment of Dreadnoughts as Djet favors the interred warriors with a sense of pride as they seek glorious vengeance in their continued lives. For the sake of precise battle line cutting and fortress holding it also contains a decently large amount of Sagittarum and Agamatus Jetbikes; a strong ten of each in the force utilized when needed despite their somewhat rare nature within the fraternities. As far as euipment is concerned, Linea Gratis uses anything that fits the combat approach required; however it is considered rare for them to field Aquilon pattern Terminator armor.

Despite Djet's tactics being one of surgical nature, he often prefers diplomacy first and will leave combat maneuvers in the hands of his Shield Captains should intensive negotiations break down; the leader of the combat at hand always being one with the best plan or mustered experience. This being said, every encounter with the Linea Gratis can be different every single time, Djet joining the field of battle and working alongside the acting Captains despite his superior rank. When he does take command however, the Tribune is ruthless and can almost always be seen in the very thickest of fighting.

>Would you say they practice assassinations a bit more than the standard Custodes?
A bit, they certainly do lean more towards the offensive than the standard Custode. And I wasn't trying to be too heavy with the execution theme so much as it's easy to go overboard.

Also I imagined that early on most of their duties were a ceremonial one. Arrive at Planet X, hold a big spectacle where they behead whoever is so horrible that they've earned the Emperor's (or the Custodes) personal wrath, and move on. But being the treacherous place the Imperium is, not all of those condemned to execution by them would be in chains and waiting for the blade, and might need to be removed from whatever position of power they're in, before sentence is passed, so they must be formidable in their own right. As as time progressed and the instability being sown ahead of the actual rebellion would mean that more and more often they'd be executing someone by force of arms, rather than in a public square.

Well my force is growing decently. I have about 3/4th of it painted too.

>Talons of the Emperor
>20 Custodian Guard
>15 Sentinel Guard
>10 Hetaeron Guard
>10 Sagittarum Guard
>6 Agamatus Jetbikes
>3 Caladius Grav-Tanks
>2 Coronus Grav-Carriers
>4 Pallas Grav-Attacks
>3 Contemptor-Galatus
>2 Contemptor-Achillus
>5 Shield Captains/Tribunes
>1 Ixion Hale
>1 Oblivion Knight-Centura
>10 Prosecutors
>10 Vigilators

>Questoris Knights/Titans
>1 Knight Crusader
>1 Knight Warden
>1 Knight Paladin
>1 Knight Atrapos
>1 Reaver Titan

Sounds like the Luna wolves before they went traitor. Surprise, speed, strength, aggression.

>Linea Gratis
The free line? Led by tribune Djet coke :^)
>Walls that would make Dorn blush
Oooh nice.

It can translate to line breakers or the free line; meaning a line that has no attachments or flows when uprooted.

So both translations fit the theme

Gratis means free as in free of charge, not freedom. Breaker is Ruptor
It sounds nice, I just wasn't expecting it.

Ah ok. Interesting. It's been a few years since I took Latin; and thanks!

Got a picture/video? It sounds cool as shit.