An alien Champion says his race will invade Earth unless someone can best him a game of skill

He just outclassed every chess grandmaster.
Now YOU have to come up with a game and a way to best him at it.
It has to be a mental contest, so no challenging him to Candyland and just hoping the cards are in your favor.
What do you challenge him to and how do you beat him?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/5e24i8/respect_the_alien_champion_strange_tales_98/
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Strange-Tales-1951/Issue-98?id=33401
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let's GO.

the Asian game?

Russian Roulette with 1 spin of the chamber allowed each.

Now it's not pure chance.

High element of chance affords me a decent chance at winning, and if I fail I won't have to bear the shame of defeat.

its pretty much as much chance as Candyland

Can I challenge him to a match to see who will be the first to figure out what sort of mental contest he would lose at?

If he wins, I'll let the next person issue that challenge.

Candyland is a spectator game. Players are only required to move pieces and draw cards.

Russian Roulette with cylinder spins becomes a game of risk management.

Simple I just have to play the game

this is probably the best option

100-disc Tower of Hanoi.

It won't technically STOP him, but it will slow him down for a few quintillion years.

its random either way, candyland just has an illusion of predetermination because the cards are literally there.

from the player's point of view either is equally random
truly the greatest of mental feats

What do I have in my pocket?

Challenge him to NIM.

He can go first.

yeah but like, you got no idea what senses he has

Challenge him to a game of war!

as in, an actual war between us and his alien race? that seems like a bad idea

Calvinball

Yu gi oh.
I have a deck that basically says fuck you, i have cannon fodder, spell blockers, trap detonators and a 1-hit KO monster

Fuck it, lets do it. Bring on the Aliens.

That would be a bad choice anyway. AI are better than world champions at Go.

Given that the alien pictured learned and mastered chess the second they learned the rules I'd recommend something where they don't have perfect information like Starcraft or Magic/Netrunner/yourchoiceofcardgame.

Of course on the other hand he could just be cheating with telepathy or some shit which means anything that outmaneuvering your opponent will be impossible. At that point you would want the challenge to be the execution of something with absolute precision such as a mario world speedrun.

Twister

(I'm hoping the alien's race doesn't have arms or legs)

The correct solution would be to challenge him to a solved game and have him take the losing initial state.
Of course, that assumes he'd be unable to instantly solve the game and reject the losing initial state.

for what its worth, he also beat humans at "animal training"
does this change your strategy?

I challenge him to a game of hide and seek with Death, and then make like I'm gonna blow my own brains out.

Then we show them his corpse when they come looking and explain that he did it to himself after being hooked up to our internet.

what?

he showed like, Kim Jong Il levels of precision when he played Golf. again, for what its worth

Freestyle rap competition, he goes first. Either he loses due to not having a background and understanding of Earths music and subcultures, or we get some of the sickest rhymes ever recorded.

It's a win-win!

If rap's not your thing, a fiddle contest would also suffice. And there's even historical precedent for that one.

>Chimera Ant King.png

Challenge him to a game of 'who can kill the most of their own side'

can someone spoonfeed me this reference?

reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/5e24i8/respect_the_alien_champion_strange_tales_98/

They beat him by tricking him into sleeping for two million years.

This is actually solved.
Manual "Towers of Babylon" 22 discs high, 3 posts wide.
Correctly completing the game will take several million years.

Sorry, it's from Hunter X Hunter.
One of the major villains sets something up where he, a non-human, plays games against the champions of as many games as he can in the country he's taken over, learning and mastering them within a short period of time.

Let's play the Quiet Game.

you mean Hanoi?

I was thinking of Towers of Hanoi. and the formula for Tower of Hanoi game duration is
(2^n-1) / 31,536,000 = time (in years).

So, to stall, 40 discs is 34,000 years. Let's have fun!

I imagine there's probably a "time wasting bullshit" clause. He's instantly going to know you're stalling if you pick a game with a duration longer than a human lifespan.

Surprisingly, no

Smelly dumb xeno scum.

I wonder what happens in 3800-odd years when some Terran citizen finds his cave...

Why not just play d&d and let the alien bring some friends ?
Sure they could learn all the rules within a day but you at least have the chance to tell the greatest story ever told elaborating on human culture and it's value.
Or after a few hours say aaaaannnddd the god of this land reigns down letters on the party. I'll need dex saves from every one.

Meteors*

You have a source? I assume its part of a series and the comic actually looks pretty cool.

>let the alien bring some friends

Uh...

>'challenge' him to a game of D&D
>proceed to play out the most epic campaign ever with your friends and the alien champion
>keeps asking when the next session is
>and when the game ends...
>turns out he's just been having so much fun he just wants things to keep going
>tell him the campaigns can go on for years with a successful adventuring party
>celebrate with an epic weekend of gaming!
>time passes, campaigning continues
>alien Champion begins to display more and more That Guy behavior
>get forced to kick him from the group
>two days later Earth is glassed from orbit by an alien fleet

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Strange-Tales-1951/Issue-98?id=33401

like Irene answered I'm in shock that a mom can make $5437 in a few weeks on the internet . you could try this out DO >>>>>>>
www.smart-job5.com

Trivial Pursuit. Guarantee this space nigger doesn't know what team Larry Bird played for and who performed the 1999 R'n'B hit "No Scrubs" if he just blew in from interstellar space.

>spambots on Veeky Forums
Is this 2009 again

I challenge him to a game of "Doctor Ass Marbles"

Winner takes all.

>Winner takes all.

What happens for a tie-break?

Russian Roulette.

At least then I'll have a 50% chance of beating him. If I fail I'm dead anyway because he invades Earth.

Request more lube?

How's about a rousing game of I win ?

I challenge him to a game of 40k;

I play Tau.

OP said you have to challenge him to a game of skill.

POKER

BATTLE ROYALE

but what if he just met her

I came here to post this

I challenge him to a game called "Race for city council in (insert small American town here)." Whichever one of us wins the election wins.

I just lost The Game

Warhammer 40k, I bring a tau army with Riptide cheese

Should have been the first answer.

You disappoint me, Veeky Forums.

...they are chess grand masters playing with checker pieces on GO boards.

Wat

Decent. Respectable. I like it.

make it challenging as possible

I invite several other aliens and DM a game for DnD for them, and then I initiate a scenario that leads to a TPK.

>inb4 fuck Reddit
That's a useful subreddit though

What if his race exiled him by challenging him to go challenge everyone on earth?

>And, when he awakens two million years from now, mankind will be advanced enough to know how to handle him!

>he awakens 2,000,000 years later and still kicks Earth's transhumanist ass

Earth status:
[X] BTFO
[ ] Not BTFO

I like the way you think.

can't kill humanity if humanity's already wiped itself out

competitive suicide

Drownball

If he's strait then I'd challenge him to a mental endurance game called "who can be more gay"

He'd have to do gay sex stuff, it would get really awkward and he'd probably decide that Earth really isn't worth invading.

Suicide contest
If I lose, he's dead and we don't have to worry about him.
If I win, I am immortalized as the hero that saved earth.

Just tell him someone is still asleep who was asleep back then. His record is already beaten and he'd better restart.

the sleep of death is eternal. He lost.

If a tie means a rematch, then tic-tac-toe. Repeat ad nauseam.

Damn you beat me to it

Self-Loathing contest.

The rules are simple, hate yourself more than I hate myself.

Any game based on cultural knowledge.Trivial Pursuit or Twenty Questions would end him.

Challenge him to a game of ' life of genuine Christianity'
Includes missionary service, Alien must travel back and convert his race. Race will no longer invade.
Unfortunately we must now share heaven with filthy xenos.

Or

Challenge him to a game of HFY. He kills his race and all hostile races before the competition is complete. He returns to earth to proclaim himself winner but we nuke our own city to kill him.

why does a Galaxy Class Starship have a cloak?

>Challenge him to a game of ' life of genuine Christianity'

This is the single most laugh-inducing thing I have read in the entire month of April 2017.

Bravo.

There is only one way left to stop him.

Challenge him to a children's card game.

Because le sad fat anime man xD

For all it's worth, playing Yugioh with him could actually work. Have both build a deck from proxies and intentionally create a one-turn win deck packed with things like Exodia parts and that one spirit board set, and a contingency in the form of that deck-emptying combo someone invented.

Then just flip a coin to decide who goes first and either hope you go first or he decided to build a fair deck and wasn't prepared for your munchkinry.

Shitposting on /pol/.

If I win, Earth wins.

If he wins, he'll have to live with that shame, or lie and give me the victory to save his pride.

Kinda thought they were going to Ben Grimm this.

>a game of *skill*

Guess the weight.

Implying "the heart of the cards" is not a master level cheating skill. Which takes years of hard training so you can pull the exact card you want from your deck with nobody noticing under the scrutiny of an international televised competition.

Bouns points if the card you pull was never in your deck to start with, while wearing short sleeves.

It's time to play...

The price!
Is!
Right!

>implying humans will even exist for another 1 million years
I love the boundless optimism of old comics

The only correct answer in this thread

What would happen if you challenged him to a cooperative game like Pandemic?

Challenge him to dropball