If they weren't trying to kill us I'm pretty sure we'd get used to the unimaginable horrors after a few years

If they weren't trying to kill us I'm pretty sure we'd get used to the unimaginable horrors after a few years.
Just... don't try to drink Shoggoths.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Magical Academy Quest
youtu.be/7DyRxlvM9VM?t=3m27s)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>muh Shoggies
Reminder that your dick will smell like fish.

Anything that likes Penguins is cool in my book.

>Reminder that your dick will smell like fish.
So long as she loves me I do not care.

I already got a kid in my game stuck with dead shoggoth lodged into her brain, and yes, you do get used to it and then you start to find NEW things to be horrified of

We are pretty adaptable. We'll fight like hell against change and have to be dragged in kicking and screaming, but once the change actually happens it doesn't take too long before we don't care anymore.

Sometimes (when I hear opinions like yours), I wonder if people actually understand what love is based on and what it implies.

Who is to say man cannot teach otherworldly beings to love?

I think he's implying we're struggling to even teach people like you what love is.

She makes my dick smell like fish, I chew really loud, she tracks water in the house, I hog the bed, you know the world is about give and take bro.

That's not the problem, though. People don't just spontaneously love each other.
Passion? Sure. Love? No.

You, me or anyone could potentially become a Nazi, a Republican, or whatever.
None of us could ever become a Shoggoth, no matter how far we sink.
We wouldn't "get used to" unimaginable horrors, we would love them to death for proving we aren't the worst monsters out there no matter what we do. Assuming, of course, that they _could_ out-evil us.

Well yeah. Presumably you have some sort of friendship and mutually enjoy each other's company well before you get to the fish dick situation. Otherwise I'd have to ask why you stick your dick in fish?

The things posted in this thread are imaginary creatures. By the very fact that they are imaginary, they cannot be unimaginable horrors. We can never know if we could get used to unimaginable horrors, as they are impossible to imagine. We can barely imagine our own horror at the face of death, so facing something much much worse would probably be hard to get used to.

Humans got used to Neanderthals and Denisovans enough to fuck a lot. Deviant humans fuck non-sapient things. Face it man if it can communicate with us, we WILL fuck it.

I know what love is and dickings would only commence if I could say with a great deal of certainty that I loved the shoggoth and the shoggoth loved me. Well that and if I am still sane enough after spending so much time around such a being.

Don't be ridiculous we don't have to be able to communicate with something to fuck it. People fuck shit like cars all the time.

You guys do realize that in hp lovecrafts tales when ever a eldritch horror and a human hooked up it was a female horror and a human guy right?

I take it you've never played pic related?

>drink a sapient being
Even without taking into account the physical particularities of Shoggoths, that's several kinds of wrong.

Not true. First and only canon example I can think of (Whately) was a human woman and an outsider. I actually don't know of any with a female horror.

>some don't have servants and live alone, what then?
I wouldn't call the Nosferatu neat or handsome.

She looks adorable. What is she? If she was real I'd definitely find her.

Wait, what is that monster? Is that a waifu Kraken? She definitely looks adorable. Honestly, as long as they're qt3.14's then it would take next to nothing for me to accept the eldritch horrors.

I was also going to insist that a Shoggoth can't possibly mate with a human considering they're plastic globs of semi-permanent organs, but then I realized in horror that the Shoggoth can craft organs at will, and some of them can be of a reproductive nature.

Tessa Ur from the quest MAQ
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Magical Academy Quest

I see, bless you user.

That game is fun.

I bet the Mother-of-a-Thousand-Young is a beast in the sack...

Well, there was the Shadow Over Innsmouth.

Also, on this matter I favour the idea that the "burning your eyes out with madness" effect of seeing the creatures is partially due to warding spells crashing the human brain.

When she gives you the Innsmouth look

I can vouch for that.

Bea come over.
I can't I'm descending into Madness.
But Dagon's not home.
(warps space and time)

Underrated post

I'm gonna drink the Shoggoth and you can't stop me.

I'm gonna fuck 'em and there ain't nothing you can do to stop me.

Anyone have the one of the Deep One and his wife with the adorable half squid baby?

Everyone in this thread is acting like a shadow person or squid lady is an unimaginable horror, while an actual unimaginable horror would either break your mind or just be so difficult to comprehend that you don't. Best case scenario, you look in its general direction and are confused by what seems to be an error in reality. Worst case scenario, you look at it and lose your sense of self and reality even without the creature(?) actually acknowledging your existence.

>Everyone in this thread is acting like a drawing made by a human and reproduced on a computer monitor is an unimaginable horror

No user, we're all perfectly aware that we're fapping to 2D lolis.

>wonder if people actually understand what love is based on and what it implies.

You are on an imageboard of autists who are kryptonite to women and empathic understanding thanks to luckless genetic lottery. What do you think?

>thanks to luckless genetic lottery
Some choose that path, even just through sloth.

>Unimaginable horrors
>People imagine them

Unimaginable horrors are just the horror writer's equivalent of a power level argument, user. They're not actually scary.

Why is that a problem

>indescribable horrors
>here's a dictionary
>oh, this is just the word I wanted to use
>really scary horrors

>implying it is actually unable to be described and not just a case of unreliable narrators with slipping sanity
>implying the descriptions are anything but mortal approximations

>Just... don't try to drink Shoggoths
They're yandere though. They want you to do it so they can be inside you.

>it was one of those things... fuck, the words right on the tip of my tongue... Gibbon? fuck, no... banobo, bonnobo, bonobbo... fuck, it looked like those monkeys with a big nose.. ware they monkeys, or are they apes?

I'm curious how love doesn't include overlooking small faults, in this case, that his dick smells like fish after intercourse. Or how he is somehow an autistic genetic failure for believing that he would be able to do so?

Describe this to someone who will never see it while not sounding like an insane lunatic please.

A wall composed of human tissues that becomes gradually more coherent as you look towards the center, beginning with shapes that looked like grotesquely stretched mouths that transition into more recognizable shapes with brown eyes.

Always with brown eyes.

The shape that protruded from the middle was ringed with extremities and agonized faces, but itself was distinctly feminine with a fully formed head and torso. Though its arms -- if indeed it had any of its own -- were not visible among the mass and it wore no clothes, the surrounding tangle coiled in around it to cover it with a multitude of grasping hands.

Now think about how telling a doctor that you a) really saw this, and b) you knew who the persons were that comrpised it and c) it left only an oily residue as any evidence that it existed at all.

Falling back on 'indescribable' and 'unnatural and horrible' is a much safer way to describe it, don't you think?

a guy on the internet drew a picture of a pile of mouths and limbs with an cartoon girl in the center

there's a big pair of tits in the middle
I didn't look at the rest

It's my favorite superhero, Ball-Of-Arms Man!

>who will save us!
>look! it's Ball-of-Arms man!
>Jesus Christ, my eyes!

Lucky guy, completely overshadowed his cousin Arm-of-Balls Man.

The whole "lel autoinsanity" is mostly Lovecraft wanking. I'm sure one of the standard answers to big scary shit would be to grab guns and shoot.

What game

Somewhat improved page from Goblins?

>"Well, she was giving me some pretty intense bedroom eyes so I couldn't really say no."

Take it from experience, son - when you're not sure where's her what, just keep pumping and let them steer.

user, you have a nice way with words.

How would you take the basic premise behind H.P. Lovecraft's story "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" and turn it on its head? If you planned on setting a game in the town of Innsmouth, Massachusetts and wanted it to be a light, bright summertime romp instead of a dark, dangerous flight for survival, how would you go about it? The travel season is upon us, after all, and quaint little coast towns with their quirky histories have long been favorite vacation destinations for more landlocked New Englanders.

>"You know that one texture in Doom with the flesh and the screaming faces, imagine that but with an anime girl in the middle of it"

I imagine, you'd get used to them pretty quick. The less you look at them, the less SAN checks you need to make. So it's like they aren't even there, right?

>You, me or anyone could potentially become a Nazi, a Republican, or whatever.
>Republican
But I have a spine, user.

I don't know why I didn't post this picture. when I posted that comment.

Also I heard (specifically here: youtu.be/7DyRxlvM9VM?t=3m27s) that often in lovecraftian stories, the main character is the only one who notices the horrors and has to face 2 grim possibilities:
* The main character is just crazy
* That the horrors are real and everyone is for some reason not noticing them.

the idea of love between two worlds is easy to romanticize, play up the deep one hybrids in the premise of hybrid vigor instead of as misshapen abominations, make it a breaking of barreiers, not the forming of one

I do think more than a hand full of people can imagine a premise of things that they can't fully comprehend. A simple example would the shape of a 4D space object.

A cross section of a 4D object can exist in 3D space. We can imagine a 3D object and imagine it is just the surface of some larger incomprehensible thing.
Of course there is a difference between unimaginable and incomprehensible.

JAPAAAAAAN!

H.P. Lovecraft Romcom.

>they want you to do it
Okay that's weird but manageable
>so they can be inside of you
Well that just not manageable at all

What?
You don't want to come away from a French kiss with a little extra?

>not wanting someone to love you so much that they want to be part of you, so that you are never separated
> she may even help you in your day to day life, make you a little smarter, a little happier, a whole lot more horny, with a boost in stamina to compliment it.

I've died bruv. Drowned and was dead for 3.5 minutes. It's not so bad

Making deepones into mermaids would be a good first step I think.

She is the most adorable, cuddlesome eldritch doom-spawn evar! I want to adopt her, marry this chick and start a happy little family just like mom wanted me to.

>shoggoth likes boy
>boy is scared of shoggoth
>shoggoth grabs boy in a strong hug
>begins to french kiss, with every kiss leaving a little bit more inside the boys head
>boy eventually falls in love with the shoggoth
> he still has a weird pang of fear and panic every so often, but that eventually goes away with long kisses

I'm far to drunk to write smut or what ever this is

A wall of mouths, eyes and mangled arms endlessly grasping around them. In the center is a female human form. Just a torso and a head, and a large pair of tits.

assuming this isn't particularly enticing bait, care to share the experience, if you can remember it?

Thank you very much.

>don't try to drink Shoggoths.
Too late.

But why

>not wanting to overthrow the reigning monarch and form a Republic

Why not, user? Why are you such a hopeless royalist?

Just a lil waifu?

SHOGOTHS ARE NOT FOR LEWD

The real important question though is if they can handle a guy that's just as Yandere as themselves.

your very example disproves your premise because we literally cannot imagine a 4D object. We can only imagine what its 3D shadow would look like based on 2D shadows of 3D objects.

Yeugh, that guy should stick to shadow people

No
Not even a little

I'd totally own a Hound of Tindalos.