Was this a fair way to make a paladin fall?

Was this a fair way to make a paladin fall?

in whatever fashion you and your players agreed upon outside of the game.

>Jack jumps in the time portal
>Aku reaches INTO the time portal and pulls Jack back out

Who even does that

Isn't it established that the sword can't harm anyone who's "good?" Therefore those sheep were evil anyway, so Jack shouldn't have had any issue killing them

I think the akusoup may have created a loophole in that. They temporarily became evil, but when they turned back, the end result is still Jack having killed innocent beings.

It's still bullshit though, and I choose to believe the sword disappeared because he lost his temper.

He fell not because he killed something good that had been turned evil, but because he lost hope.

Was just about to say this. it wasn't the act that Jack did that made him lose the sword, it's the effect it had on him. He lost himself to his fury and in doing so killed something he believed to be innocent, and thus he, himself, fell, and the sword left him in response, since it is a weapon of righteousness, and thus it does not have a use for a wielder that has lost hope.

I think the whole "you've forgotten your purpose" theme had to do with that too. originally when Jack was given the sword his purpose was to defeat Aku the obsession and subsequent rage with not being able to get back to the past blinded him to this.

People, people, you are losing sight of what's most important.

Aku is a wizard.

So short answer: wizards

Na he's an eldritch abominations so that kind of fuckery is right up his alley.

Fair. But I think it was stated at some point Aku was a human. Maybe he's a lich?

Aku was never a human. He's the rotten, festering toenail of an evil Elder God the titans were never quite able to completely annihilate.

We saw Aku's origin in the original series. No, I won't tell you which episodes - go watch all of them.

I saw that but I thought something existed before the puddle of black ooze that Aku rose out of.

Nope. He's straight up a fragment of a primordial, extra dimensional darkness that it took the combined efforts of Ra, Odin, and Vishnu to defeat.

No. He was cut off from an even greater evil, fell to earth, and became the puddle until Jack's dad fucked with it and gave birth to Aku

I want to bite those cheeks.

So why don't the gods just come and finish Aku off?

No reason has been given. Either it's:

A: because they're dicks and don't give a damn now that Aku can't destroy reality

or

B: the destiny of man or someshit

Cause they already did their job, they got rid of the major problem, all thats left is a scrap, and they already gave the mortals all they need to finish Aku off. The fact that they showed up to give Jack a clean up is more than they probably planned to do for them.

HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!

Because their power is so great that the entirety of the planet Earth would be eradicated as collateral.
Imagine using a nuclear bomb to clear the ant infestation in your backyard.

Explicitly, the sword can't harm the innocent in the hands of evil, so technically Jack could kill innocents with it. It's possible Aku's spell interfered with the sword's own charm, as well.

The reason Jack 'fell' here is because he wasn't fighting the goats out of a need to defend himself, or to stop them doing harm, or really for any productive reason. He killed them because he was furious, and he wanted to hurt something, anything, anyone. He only realizes this when it's too late to take it back.

I would like to believe this, buuuuut Horus or Ra already came down that one episode to screw over set's minions. So who knows what the real reason is.

Probably some sort of divine laws. Ra only interferes when another actual god's minions are unleashed by Aku, and he destroys them and leaves immediately.

I'm guessing that Aku is basically the equivalent of a piece of dog shit to them, and they're not allowed to kill him without violating divine laws.

I thought it was because they were still locked in battle with the bigger beast. But, now I'm not sure.

>making a paladin fall
you can't *make* them fall
it has to be their own choice

>why don't the gods just come and finish Aku off?

I think Aku is a waste of time to them. They would rather just hand Jack a sword and let him deal with it.

>Jack's dad fucked with it and gave birth to Aku
Does this mean... that Jack and Aku are actually long lost brothers?

BAKA SAMURAI

The same person who would dress up as a girl and romance Jack for months just so he could make fun of the fact that he will always be alone.

A villain that doesn't give a fuck. He won't admit to not being able to touch the guardian's portal though.

Why would he be unable to destroy that? He's invulnerable to anything that isn't the sword. If he found that portal he could kill the Guardian and destroy the portal with no problems.

>Roll balance check
>You trip
>Lose all your paladin abilities

>Make
No, never make, this is why paladins are tricky, they require a good player to make it work.

Paladins only fall when they have lost hope, and that hope can only be relinquished, not taken.

So, wizards.

Aku is a wizard tree so it checks out.

The Guardian is clearly more than just muscle, if he couldn't stop Aku, he's not much of a Guardian

I've always wondered about that since Aku controls the Galaxy and is the source of evil.

Reminder that they don't wear bodysuits, but charcoal on their bodies.

Give them a code of conduct with contradictory tenants.

My favorite is in pathfinder with the Oath Against the Wyrm.

It adds to your code that you need to kill dragons no matter their alignment if they pose a danger to mortals, and to prevent dragons interbreeding with mortals.

This means if a good dragon makes a half dragon you're obligated by your code of conduct to kill them.

Because that's not how these things work.

Then they don't fall as their code clearly states that's what they're supposed to do. Granted, a paladin would likely try to coerce the dragon in a more diplomatic fashion at first if he knew beforehand what was about to happen, but if that failed and the dragon went through with the conception the paladin would be in his full right to right the wrong that had been done.

E.g. don't blame paladins for shit codes.

Code also states they aren't to harm innocents, nothing in the addition changes that.

If the half-dragon is an innocent you violated your code by kill them. If you don't kill them you violated your code.

Pathfinder is retarded.

In other breaking news, water is wet and space is mostly empty space.

Isn't space mostly electromagnetic radiation?
t. Someone who can't into physics

Yeah, but how much radiation can you put into a box?

this is a show for 11 year olds what the f-

Not since Adult Swim took it over, it's not.

He doesn't control the Galaxy, just Earth but he as the power to fuck with most beings if he knows they're out there.

Aku doesn't really care or can't leave Earth so he beings everything to himself

The code says to prevent the interbreeding, not kill them for having done so after the fact.

I thought it was burnt skin.

It's neither. Someone from the show confirmed on twitter that it's magic Aku darkness.

Jack lost his powers because he lost faith in himself. The sword was able to kill the infected goat things because they were tortured and twisted by Aku's magic. Killing them was a mercy but to Jack he had killed harmless innocence and it made him doubt himself thus loosing his powers.

He's a good example of a 5th edition Paladin. You don't lose your powers unless you lose faith in your oath and your ability to uphold it.

>I thought it was burnt skin.
If you scrape off burnt skin with a rock, you'd reveal bloody horror underneath, not a qt with perfect skin.

Though in my opinion bodysuits would have made more sense.

Does that mean you go around castrating/femal equiv castrating any potential dragon breeders then?

That is what I thought at first, I guess Ashi actually scrubbing it off with a rock and water and the flashback to a brazier of sorts somehow led me to assume burnt skin.

That is a good point.

He's a tree possessed by an evil Elder God. If all the evil were to ever be beaten out of him, he would literally lose his mind.

No you're not, the code says to prevent dragons interbreeding with mortals, not kill half-dragons. So, if you caught a dragon doing the nasty with a mortal you're supposed to seperate them, but if the mortal ends up pregnant they're outside your jurisdiction at that point.

Ignoring the whole self-contradiction thing, what the hell is the POINT of an oath like that?

>They temporarily became evil, but when they turned back, the end result is still Jack having killed innocent beings.
That's what I took away from it too.

You may be getting confused by the fact that they referred to him as a "wizard" once or twice, but no, he was never human.

>the Galaxy
That's the thing though, there are 100 billion galaxies. Even Aku's reach could easily be small potatoes compared to what's out there. Remember that the moth aliens hadn't heard of Aku by his reputation, and were locked in a struggle with a completely unrelated hostile force.

The people who need their cartoon to continue forever?

Otherwise known as shit writing syndrome.

It's B, it was said when they forged the Sword, that only the human spirit can defeat Aku.

It might also have something to do with the fact that Aku very much is NOT the Elder God they fought.

Note the fact that the elder god was purely black, and then when Jack's father tried to destroy the ooze the Elder God's piece created, he used a green liquid the exact colour of Aku's lips, and made it catch fire in the sun's light (Aku has flaming eyebrows).

Aku in his current form is implied to be very much mankind's creation.

>tfw Aku was all up in there
>For all of them

But this is the last season of samurai jack

How is it continuing forever if this was a scene in the last season?

How are Veeky Forumsers so retarded?

So what do people think is the purpose/symbolism behind Aku leaving that one tree standing in the burnt forest? Especially considering his origins as tree. Phylactery? Old friend? It's a representation of his long forgotten heart/goodness? It's the place where he hides his one weakness? It's a macguffin to defeat him?

show sucks so I don't care either way anime cancerfaggot

I honestly didn't think there was much more to it than the given explanation of "to serve as a reminder of his power"

sometimes Aku seems to be more power-hungry rather than just pure chaotic evil bent on causing suffering (remember how he grants species the right to live on his planet as long as they pay tribute to him, also the episode with the children where he pretty clearly states his goal as inciting fear and submission rather than just rampaging)

>waaah boohoo i dont like dis show how DARE other people enjoy it
>im so pathetic im gonna go into a thread about the show on Veeky Forums and shitpost about it@!!!!

you are the cancer, back to /tv/ with you

>anime cancer on an anime imageboard, created by a guy who loves anime for the sole intention to discuss anime and japanese culture

I wonder how long it's been since that bitch last bathed.

Have the rogue sneak up behind them and the wizard pushes the paladin over him.

Given that we know that isn't actually a jumpsuit, she's probably never bathed.

I know the headdress is supposed to be stylized as Aku but does anyone get Hexadecimal vibes?