Computers can't assess this position

How does that make you feel ?

also general chess discussion

Surely they assess it as 0, drawn.

But I don't really have a problem with it,it's a weird as hell position that would never be achieved in an actual game, and the AI isn't designed for such positions in mind.

Imperfect play on either side would let the other grab a victory.

If black fucks up and lets white move their king into position to get the pawn promoted while black's bishops are out of position, white can win.
If white gets their free pawn taken, black can free their queen and win.

Oh shit nigger. Try a (((chess program))) instead of computer.

Black to move: move queen.

White to move: surrender. If not allowed, king suicide charge.

>Black to move: move queen.
where? queen is blocked

>three bishops

Underpromotion is a thing.

Im pretty sure that pawn set up is impossible so, 3 bishops doesnt matter.

How do I git gud at chess?

>Imperfect play on either side would let the other grab a victory.
That's the definition of sub-optimal play in a game with complete information and no element of chance, yes.

THat pawn setup is not impossible.

Difficult, but not impossible with helpmoving.Give me a few minutes and I'll scribble up a game "score" which gets the pawns into there.

Which direction is this shit supposed to be travelling? Which way do I need to move a pawn to promote it?

Stop being a smartass.

It's been ages since I played Chess, but three bishops?

>How does that make you feel ?
Throughly confused.
How did black manage to get three bishops AND on the same color?

d4, b5
d5, b4
Na3,bxa3
Be3, d6
Bb6, cxb6
b4, Bh3
c4,Qd7
c5,dxc5
d6, exd6
Rc1,cxb4

It won't "work" because I lazily made pawn moves to get the captures with black, but you can see that at some later time I can have the White player play Rc5 and then dxc5, which gives you that pawn cage, after Black has moved his king, queen, and rooks in there.; you need to make 6 captures, and there are 7 white pieces that need to be taken, so it is possible.

I meant the pawn above the king, no idea why I called it a queen. If white retaliates the white pawn is taken by the black king. Then white can free the table.

none of the black pawns can move, the only legal pieces to move are the bishops

Although the position can technically be achieved, it would only happen if both players are utter morons (black encasing its strongest pieces, upgrading pawns to bishops, and white losing all of its pieces)

The position itself is a draw: white can only win if black kills its bishops, and black can't checkmate unless white moves its pawns.
Then again, since it would take two complete morons to get to this position in the first place, anything can happen, really.

If your opponent doesn't accept a draw proposal , just push your pieces around until either "3 times the same position" or "50 moves without eating a piece or moving a pawn"

>If your opponent doesn't accept a draw proposal , just push your pieces around until either "3 times the same position" or "50 moves without eating a piece or moving a pawn"
This bullshit is why the truely best form of chess is chess boxing.

All black needs to do is put 2 bishops on the b8-h2 diagonal and it is literally impossible for either side to do anything, the pawn-rook captures free the black queen and the c6 pawn can't move without being captured immediately. This is a drawn position

you need both practice and study

Veeky Forums really is retarded concerning chess

No practice needed, just study. Chess is a shit game with finite possibilities. All you need is an autism-level memory and you'll win or stalemate every game. There's no chance that might change things up, it's literally only fun if one or both players are unaware of strategies.

Yall need Azimov; This position isn't about chess, but about the Voight Kampff test.

Advanced chess AI's will assess this position as white and assume failure, as there's a clear lack of resources for White.

Even a beginner chess player can identify that Black really only has 3 active pieces, and a king march would permit an easy victory with a bit of care; All you need is to remove the threat on c7 and maintain the king's presence until you promote to queen. Perfect play likely leads to 3-fold rep, meaning the computer's assessment of defeat is clearly incorrect.

There is no way White can win this position. They just plant a bishop on c7 and have another Bishop defending it, and you can never move the pawn. Hell, they just need to cover that square perpetually with the bishop to forever stop any chance of queening.

Which locks you into a single bishop, making a technical draw even more likely.

3-Fold rep rule states if the game position repeats thrice without game progress, a draw is forced.

Again, the computer is wrong: Under normal circumstances, black can only manage a stalemate.

>Advanced chess AI's will assess this position as white.
>assess a white
In a perfect information game you can't "assess as white"

>easy victory
c7 is a death sentence for white

Most retarded post in the thread really

It's actually impossible to achieve that position isn't it? The way black's pawsn are lined up.

And I'm going to suppose you suggest I move my pawn horizontally playing White? C7 is the only important square on the board exclusively because it must be crossed.

If you ask the AI who will win, it will say black. It will not call it a draw, it does not understand that Black has no relevant power pieces active on the board.

Unless you're trying to suggest there's more than three (four technically) outcomes to a game of chess, I'd avoid semantic games.

It's almost as dumb as asking humans to analyze a board state intended to trip up computers.

The entire point of the arrangement is that it is erroneously assessed as Black to win.

I think all you've proven here is that the overwhelming majority of people posting here are not chess players, which makes this entirely useless as a test for machine infiltrators.

So, I answered this challenged. My answer was to just force a tie by moving the king only in white squares for 50 moves.

However there is supposedly a way to win this game, is that true?

How can Black fuck up? By moving the bishop that protects the square the white pawn is going to move into?

If we name the squares from bottom left 1-8 up and A-H right then it's technically achievable.
For simplicity's sake, I'll call each pawn by their start column (So for example the upper left one is Pawn A, as he didn't move all game, assuming black started at the top.)

Pawn A doesn't move.
Pawn B Moves in to column A by killing an enemy then moves forward until in A3.
Pawn C moves into column B by killing an enemy on B6.
Pawn D kills two enemies in a row in C and then in B taking a move before, after or between, ending up in B4.
Pawn E takes an enemy in D6 and then one more at C5.

There is no rule that states that you must promote to a queen. You can promote a pawn to any piece except pawn or king.

>tfw we haven't been able to create an AGI yet
>tfw the Singularity is still far in the future

you don't even need three bishops to draw this, two is enough. one bishop to c7 to block the pawn, other stays on the same diagonal and escapes from white king. moving white pawns into black cage frees the queen to fuck white's shit up.

Actually, as long as the first bishop is on c7, the other, as long as it stays on the diagonal, doesn't need to flee the white king. He can't take, after all, as it's protected by the other bishop.

It's possible.

1. b3 b6 2. Ba3 h5 3. Nc3 h4 4. g3 hxg3
5. Ne4 Rh4 6. Nf3 g2 7. Nd6+ exd6 8. Bc5 dxc5
9. Nd4 g1=B 10. f3 g5 11. Nc6 dxc6 12. Qc1 Ra4
13. e3 Ba6 14. h4 Bb5 15. Bxb5 cxb5 16. h5 g4
17. Rh4 g3 18. Rb4 cxb4 19. Qa3 bxa3 20. c4 b4
21. d4 Qg5 22. Ke2 Qa5 23. Ke1 Nc6 24. Ke2 Rd8
25. Ke1 Rd5 26. Ke2 Rb5 27. Ke1 Ne5 28. Ke2 c5
29. Ke1 Kd8 30. Ke2 Kc7 31. Ke1 Kb7 32. Ke2 Ka6
33. Ke1 Nc6 34. d5 f5 35. Ke2 Bh2 36. Kd3 g2
37. Ke2 g1=B 38. dxc6 Bfd6 39. e4 fxe4 40. Rf1 Bd4
41. Rf2 Bxf2 42. fxe4 Bdg3 43. h6 Nxh6 44. e5 Nf7
45. Kd1 Nxe5 46. Ke2 Nd3 47. Kxd3 Be3 48. Ke2 Bgf4
49. Kd1 Bg5 50. Ke2 Bhf4 51. Kd1

One is enough to draw friendo... But it takes 3 to create enough possiblities so that programmes can't assess the position correctly