Pathfinder General /pfg/

How often do you jump to other planes? Did you sack Nine Hells yet?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4905558/applications-go-here/?pageforid=4948937#post-4948937
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why am I such a useless piece of shit that's degraded from being a damn good roleplayer to some bland and frankly inconsistent person?

I was good, once. Great, even! But now I feel like a burden every time I play, some shitter squatting in the way of better men. How do I get better, guys? How do I actually make myself worth a damn, like I used to be?

We were on page 6.

GET

P A G E 6
A G E 6 P
G E 6 P A
E 6 P A G
6 P A G E

Because you found a decent group, as opposed to a group that was actively worse than you are.

>tfw I'll never get to go to the Elemental Planes

Other planes are the dumbest part of this dumb system and I always pretend they don't exist whenever possible.

GOOD

>getfag btfo's by dubs
topkek

Does anyone have that link to the planehopping and worldjumping game? I can't find it on the LFG

HE ACTUALLY DID IT

Here you go my child
>>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen

So last session my cleric 7/soul warder 3 got herself turned into a rabbit by failing the saves of a baleful polymorph and because it was more interesting and cheaper the druid cast awaken on me.

I am now a 12HD rabbit with no cleric powers and no hands. What do Veeky Forums

find a witch or druid to cast anthropo spell on you.

Then after, convert to a nature god.

This
Its your best chance really. You don't want to get eaten by a dog, do you.

You failed both saves?

Sucks.

You could take the Transformation feat (Spheres of Power) when you next get one though if the DM's cool with that. That gives you the shapechanger subtype, so you'd be able to just turn back into being you as a standard.

Of course circumstances being what they are, it'd only be fitting if your Transformation form was a bunny.

And as for fluff, it's easily explained that since you were reawakened, you were able to figure it out.

Badda bing, baddaboop.

How much are claws worth on a race? Anything? Seems like the same as having a cruddy weapon and occupies the same hand that'd wield a weapon, but it's treated as really desirable. Why is that?

Mooch off of townsfolk as hard as you can. Use that adorable face to your advantage.

Because two claws means two attacks in a full attack, even if you're something like a level 1 wizard.

They're a great low-level way to get multiple attacks, since they deal your full Strength bonus in damage.

That said, you should pass them up or trade them out at later levels if at all possible. A natural attack build would only be viable if you can get claws plus a bunch of other stuff (bite, gore, wings, tail, etc.).

I wanna punch this girl in the face for letting so many what I assume to be pet-store rabbits run around outside and potentially escape into the wilderness.

RIP ecosystem, you about to get as hardfucked as Australia was with rabbit.

Also, I'm sure your average medieval fantasy villager would think of some hasenpfeffer first when they see a rabbit

Its a small island in japan full of rabbits. Even since medieval times if I recall. People would go there and just pick the rabbits up to eat them since they come right up to people.

Well it depends how many natural attacks you can get, compared to how many you'd get from iteratives.

Also, while attacking with a sword in one hand and a claw from your other hand makes the claw hit at -5, it doesn't impact the sword's attack bonus like TWF would. Then there's things like gores or bites or whatever, which have zero disadvantage to using alongside iteratives or what-have-you.

Also, you can't be disarmed at all.

Basically claws and natural attacks are really nice.

Why 12 HD?

Yeah seems like you are best off trying to get an anthropomorphise spell off. On the plus side you would be a bunny girl with the powers of a medium level character.

Well I mean.

Technically you can be disarmed.

It's just not usually done in the scope of most Pathfinder sessions...

Actual rabbit, you twatlord.

There's nothing on the island but rabbits, which is why they don't fear her.

Theories include that maybe the rabbits' ancestors were used for bioweapon testing during WWII.

Rabbits don't have 12 HD.

if you are awakened as a rabbit you return all your HD and levels.

Okay, I guess that's not as bad.

Still, I can't help but feel my hackles rise for a different reason now, since I get pissed off whenever I see wild animals run up to humans and beg for food.
THEY'RE WILD ANIMALS! THIS IS HOW YOU GET BEARS ATTACKING HIKERS FOR FOOD AND RAIDING HOUSES AT NIGHT YOU DUMBFUCKS

Interesting. I guess I need to do some more research on this island. thank you for giving me something new to do while I procrastinate on my projects

You don't even need to be awakened.

>It still retains its class and level (or HD), as well as all benefits deriving therefrom (such as base attack bonus, base save bonuses, and hit points). It retains any class features (other than spellcasting) that aren’t extraordinary, supernatural, or spell-like abilities.

They're rabbits. They aren't going to be doing any massive damage to anyone soon.

But he's a cleric 7/soul warder 3, that's only 10 HD.

That's a rather broad generalization.

Yeah I thought about that too huh

We don't know a lot about Starfinder, but do you think it's possible that martials vs casters will be less ridiculous?

What do you think they're streamlining?
Arcane/Divine/Etc spells are being folded into one category, and there's a wealth of new content being added

Actually, that's another issue with the island. The rabbits have no predators, so the people are just making sure they don't starve because they've already eaten almost all the grass and nobody wants to cull the population.

>Rabbits can't carry diseases like other rodents.

Pussy

One rabbit doesn't do massive damage, but they can breed very, very quickly. They can get pregnant from less than a year old, get impregnated almost immediately after giving birth, gestation lasts a month tops, and they can have around 6-10 kits per litter.

Rabbits if left unchecked can utterly destroy a farming village.

I take it you've never been to a park where human activity has taught the squirrels and rabbits where food is kept, and found tha your plastic bins of camping supplies have been chewed through and destroyed, and your tent, sleeping bags, and matress have been damaged.

Wild animals becoming psuedo-domesticated is never a good thing, for either the animals or the humans

Also I swear to fuck if another squirrel gnaws its way into the transformer, one more fuckign time

Why are you calling me things you can't get?

Well technically it'd be 11HD. A 1HD rabbit with 10 class levels.

Because awaken grants the animal or in this case me 2 additiona hit dice alongside int and Cha increases

Oh, so THIRTEEN total HD then.

1 from Rabbit
2 from Awaken
10 class levels.

The last time I ran a Pathfinder game, the PCs went to the Plane of Shadow.

It was a dark reflection of Athens.

I think you're completely fucked, you have to wade through retraining prices and timesinks to get those trash HD converted to class levels.

Baleful Polymorph doesn't take away your class levels. They're still cleric and whatever levels.

Yeah well technically it doesn't change your type either, since it's just Beast Shape 3 so Awaken wouldn't work.

True but the DM hand waved that's because fun

I preferred the 3.5 way of how it works anyways where it actually turns you into the animal.

Oh then if it's handwave fluff magic, then it can have the same kind of solution. Nothing wrong with doing it that way either if it's fun.

Yeah it was a much stronger spell though I do appreciate the pathfinder change to having my armour meld into my body.

An inquisitor of Erastil with the feat to let me use WIS for longbow attack rolls with only 13 dex to get deadly aim and other range goodies with chivalry inquisition for a mount, two levels in fighter (dragoon) for proficiencies, Skill Focus (ride) and Mounted combat and an extra feat from level 2 (and maybe level 3 for armor training) in heavy armor.

Yay or nay?

Are you going Sanctified Slayer so you can pick up Manyshot down the road via Slayer Talent poaching, or do you plan on just using a belt to qualify for it?

Sounds good I guess

Yeah.

I think something like only 6th level spells will be the maximum for a good while, plus some 4e stuff where people have more of a niche to fill without being able to delve too much into anothers.

Do Sanctified Slayer like user suggested, and you're fucking golden.

Regarding crafting magic items, is the CL requirement a prerequisite that can be ignored by raising the DC?
Example: Sword of Example +1 would need [1st Level Spell] and CL 5. Could a level 1 character do it?

I unironically want to play a Shaman as a support character.

The question is, how do I do it?

Consider being styled as some kind of native american shaman.

But the shaman class has alright spellcasting for support oriented characters if thats how you end up playing. Its alright as a secondary caster if you have a wizard in your group already.

alternatively become a witch and use the witchdoctor archetype for real feels.

If I remember correctly, caster level is the only thing you CAN'T raise the DC to get around.

>We don't know a lot about Starfinder, but do you think it's possible that martials vs casters will be less ridiculous?

There is not a single class you can start out as at level 1 and eventually get 9th level casting, they're all 6th casters.

Your Sword of Example +1 should only require CL 3 to craft, IIRC, but yeah, that's right. You can completely ignore all of the prereqs for wondrous items EXCEPT for the Craft Wondrous Item feat.

So...

All the casters you mean right. I can't imagine that soldiers get spells. Pretty sure you can get to level 9 with secondary classes is what they are hinting at.

Honestly I don't know if I like the idea of arcane/divine being the same thing. I appreciated the distinction between casters, but since they are making it backwards compatable, wizards and clerics could probably be right along side technomancers and solarians.

Have you applied to Overlewd yet, anons?

Remember the apps end tomorrow morning!

You also can't ignore the spell component for spell completion and I think spell trigger items?

So you can't ignore it for scrolls and wands. And I think potions as well?

Basically, things that just do the spell, far as I can tell.

Well he's talking about Magic Arms and Armor, but...

Yeah, you can't bypass the CL requirement.

I did, but I'm still in my last revision.

"Note that all items have prerequisites in their descriptions. These prerequisites must be met for the item to be created. Most of the time, they take the form of spells that must be known by the item’s creator (although access through another magic item or spellcaster is allowed). The DC to create a magic item increases by 5 for each prerequisite the caster does not meet. The only exception to this is the requisite item creation feat, which is mandatory. In addition, you cannot create potions, spell-trigger, or spell-completion magic items without meeting its prerequisites."

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/
Under Magic Item Creation. Also, I should mention that usually a minimum caster level isn't even a prereq at all.

Do you think the kobold queen will be lewdable

>"Creating a magic weapon has a special prerequisite: The creator’s caster level must be at least three times the enhancement bonus of the weapon."
It is a prereq in this case, that's why I came here.
Thanks

>Kobold
>lewdable
You're on Veeky Forums, I believe you know the answer to this one already

I know, but I'm clarifying that most items don't have a minimum CL requirement. And in any case, you can ignore that requirement, is wrong. With exception to potions, spell trigger, and spell completion items (wands and staves, basically), the ONLY thing you can't ignore is the appropriate item creation feat. You can ignore spells, you can ignore minimum caster levels, you can ignore racial and class requirements, you can ignore minimum skill rank requirements, you can even ignore feat requirements other than the crafting feat.

He's right you know. You better get your shinies together if you plan to join that game.

What the fuck is wrong with you people, why do you think cartoon lizards are something you should have sex with, much less pursue a relationship for?

I did, but I haven't gotten any feedback yet from Sleep, so I don't know what (of any) edits I should make. One of the reviewanons mentioned more on his personality, but I feel like what I posted was enough for an application, since I'be always had trouble describing a character's personality before I've actually played them. Better at showsing than telling, essentially.

>hownewareyou.png

I agree with show vs. tell in general but applying to games is so cut throat and so much competition

Were I to go sanctified slayer I would fish it with slayer talents as that's about the only good one I can recall, but I am not a fan of sneak damage with ranged weapons. Any other ones or should I just toss a coin between SS and vanilla?

whats the point in crafting oozes if they aren't loyal to you and wont follow commands?

I still have to go do my first batch of revisions because I am a huge fag who puts things off. In my defense, I had company over this weekend.

Get some sniper goggles and have a fullcaster hit you with Greater Invisibility.

Certain classes and spells can control oozes, but you normally use them for utility. Like breaking through locked doors by putting a little tiny green ooze on it, making pit traps a bit deadlier, locking people in a room and throwing an ooze in there, etc.

But there are classes and spells that can control them direct.

>second part of my post doesn't actually quote

Just gonna go lay down for a bit, clearly something is fucked upstairs.

how do you carry oozes with you after creation? Also, do you know any of the spells to control them? I'm only moderately experienced in pathfinder and just rolled a wizard and I want to take item creation feats as my bonus feats.

That kobold is in desperate need of some pants. She's going to go into torpor, and I don't want to have to carry her scaly butt around just because she didn't think to dress appropriately.

Was there ever a moment in a game where you went pic related, the DM or a player doing something you absolutely could not bear or enjoy, and had your character basically say as much in-game?

There should be items called Bottled ooze or Ooze bottles.

Otherwise its tough. There might be a spell called Ooze Puppet too.

You can try Lesser Create Demiplane to transport all of the creations to the temporary plane, then when you need them, would dispel the plane, causing them to pop out within his vicinity (typically in an enemy stronghold or similar fun locale) to wreak havoc in mass.

Otherwise create ooze is very niche and create construct is much better.

Studied Target from Sanctified Slayer is much more important than Sneak Attack dice. Sneak Attack dice and Slayer Talents are the icing on the cake.

I was thinking of cheesing lore to make sure I have all the spells.

Just uploaded my sheet.

Now I just have to believe in RNG to get ReviewAnon on my case

>three pages of outline for backstory
>still haven't decided if it's a man or a woman

this has been happening to me more and more recently.

which one is it?

I'm going to as a last moment addition, he's not going to get in but I got nothing better to do today.

>tfw I know that lamia from a hypnosis edit

How small this world truly is.

Don't. I was one of the first apps and my character still hasn't been reviewed.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4905558/applications-go-here/?pageforid=4948937#post-4948937

>>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen

If I remember correctly aint there that one planet in the pathfinder setting FULL of dragons and kobolds? So much so that the people from there actually use them as mounts unlike other places?

There's also a small clause from Chivalry inquisition.

At 8th level, when you use your judgment ability, your mount gains the benefit of one of your selected judgments.

At 16th level, your mount gains the benefits of two of your selected judgments.

A reasonable GM would let it apply to Studied Strike and Sneak Attack, IMO