Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

"Which book will you buy?" edition

Latest info: Numarines and KDK is squatted.

>old thread
>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/
Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1_wXCBDiLEA
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/Warhammer_40000/Warhammer_40000_Rules_EN.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would it trigger autismos/be against the rules if I modeled Heavy Weapon Teams on seperate 25mm, with the gun seperate from the two crewmen?

Also first for dudemen fighting the dudeman fight

Yes. 100%. That opens it up to so many shenanigans

>meet my fluffy tau x nids x deldar x orcs allied army

It changes the footprint of the model which has literal effects on (7th edition) rules. So there's that

DISCUSS: Given the current rules changes to movement, falling back, no shooting when any enemy is within 1", cover and pistols in close combat, which armies/strategies are hurt the most?

my dudes > your dudes

Tau lets say Tau
Always Tau

the old style shit did it
fucks my old legionaries i hate rebasing slottas

why dont you go and JAM more

it's all you're good for

talking about that "no shooting within 1'' thing. Can't you just like move away from the enemy and shoot them? "Advance" is move+run.

Yes, as seen by , , but a lot of people still have armies of old metal models of praetorians and mordians where they were seperate and I've never felt I had a disadvantage when playing against them. Depends on whether your LGS is autistic as this general as to whether it will be a problem or not.

their dudes > our dudes

I won't discuss any of that because what I want to know is, is it true that you can now assault from any vehicle?

>berzerkers assaulting out of rhinos

I swear to Khorne if this is legit I don't give a shit what bad thing happens in 8th, all sins are forgiven. Where are these rumors even coming from anyway?

Trigger autismos? Yes.
Against the rules? No.

Do what you want; they're your dudes.

Tau, at least until players go through some period of self discovery and learn how to Kroot

I'm not even booty blasted but come on now. "Introducing: New Mega Marines" sounds like an anti-GW shitpost, and yet it's a real thing. I was just referencing the old memes that 40k will get Sigmar'd and that stormcast are literally just megamarines.

And that . . . is kinda what is happening.

Probably Necrons. I can see them ending up slow and missing out on some of their signature durability, and a lot of these changes don't really benefit them

>using models on the wrong bases isn't against the rules

>rumors
from the geedubs website my digga

Triggers autismos but isn't illegal? Nice, 100% doing it now

That's entirley speculatio. They've said assault will be as in important as shooting, and that you can use pistols (plasma pistols might finally be usesd) and fall back, that's about it on actual confirmed statements.

Are you drunk m8?

>Space Marine Marines

They haven't confirmed jack when it comes to assault

info on charging is out tomorrow

source: the shooting article

Yes but that's besides the point

>Against the rules? No.
Technically is. Weapons teams are a single figure with two wounds, not two individuals.

40/50mm heavy weapon and separate 25mm ammo bitch looks best, but it's against the rules.

see . I guess we'll just talk about it then

RIP Skitarii
RIP Cult Mechanicus
RIP Scions
RIP Khorne Daemonkin

Why do that when we can just wildly speculate about it now??!!

Unless Kroot get major changes, making them proper assault infantry, Tau will get assfucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=1_wXCBDiLEA

in case anybody hasnt seen this yet

>"wrong" bases
>"rules"
???

Cite the "rule" that lists what models require what bases.

ITT: we pretend this is r/warhammer40k

Why, what happened with ad mech?

>tfw corsairs
>tfw 4 pistol shots in melee

No you dumb asshole. The rest of us are telling you it IS against the rules? Youre seriously going with the first jackass who answers you with what you want to hear?

: What are the official rules regarding specific base sizes for specific models (if any)?
A: The rules assume that models are mounted on the base they are supplied with, but it’s entirely fine to mount them on whichever base you think is appropriate. Sometimes, a player may have models in their collection on nusually modelled bases. Some models aren’t supplied with a base at all. In these cases you should
always feel free to mount the model on a base of appropriate size if you wish, using models of a similar type as guidance.

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/Warhammer_40000/Warhammer_40000_Rules_EN.pdf

Get fucked.

Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus got merged into based Admech for good.

"Traitors, mutants, deamons..."
Reminder that they are no xenos mentioned and we are now xenophile imperium. Love your Tau, Necron and Eldar allies and give a hug to your Tyranid pet, citizen.

You mean they'll become mid-high instead of top teir

Which is what they should have been in the first place.

"The rules in this book assume that models are mounted on the base they are supplied with"
pg37

feelz gud

>implying /r/warhammer isn't a shithole too.
Stop going on plebbit.

what happened to skitarii and cult mech

I thought we already were.

FUCK DRUMPF FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
ROGUE ONE WAS A GOOD MOVIE

I stratchbuilt my army from 3rd party bits, therefore they weren't "supplied with" any bases, therefore I am free to base them however I please.

Thought: if bikes can fall back like any other unit doesn't that make bike spam an even more effective way of crushing cqc armies?

Sorry user, wrong corsairs.

>raptors much better now
I'm so happy for my NLs buddy.

I want to buy all of the books.

This is my first time coming in at the beginning, I want to get the rules down *pat* for *everything* so I can swing my big 40k dick around like the alpha nerd that I am.

How much is it likely to run me? All the Gathering Storm books were 50 a pop, so I'm guessing about $250. Do you think they'll be lower? Higher?

>Scourges can shoot and scoot that they're meant to
>Rough Riders could be viable
I'm pretty optimistic for the new rules.

>Love your Eldar
Don't worry Row-your-booty plans to do just that.

Nice work tearing that one line away from the full context.
Please see

Lower m8

>RIP Skitarii
almost sounds like you are trying to say it's a bad thing.
>even then
>secullari boss man hq
>skit alpha as a seperate boss man with his own model
>still can run a skit army with BF robros

>there will be no political posts or memes
>even memes are banned
What an Orwellian distopia

Oh, good.

If I'm running a horde of, say, Hormagaunts... what squad size do I want?

10? 30? Somewhere inbetween? I'm not used to big squads.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nice pic tho

You only need to buy one book, user. The 12 pages game rules will always be at the end of each book.

>Row-boo-tay creates Ubermarines and distributes them amongst the chapters
>many chapters fear they are being replaced, as the thunder warriors were, and openly distrust those that take them in

Heresy 2: Nu-Marine-aloo

You can't mount them on separate bases, but you could glue the two bases together.

Hey, Rogue One was a good movie. Sure, the first 2 acts are meh, but the 3rd is so damn good it makes up for everything.
And any movie that manages to bring based Cushing from the dead as well as they did is golden in my book.

>Genetically created Space Marines
>Equipped with WarGear more advanced than the Other Chapters
>Possibly Outnumbers the Space Marine Chapters
>Pic attached is Foreshadowing

>even bothering to go see a pleb wars movie in the first place

wow why

because I can enjoy life user

I want you to enjoy life to, I worry for you

>Hey, Rogue One was a good movie.

Back to plebbit.

I don't *need* them all, I know, but I *want* them all, to prove my superiority.

>Your list is absolute cock shit and will never win but I'm scared of getting down-voted if I'm critical, so nice list man, play the army you wanna play!

Plebbit is a den of forced positivity

>Hormagaunts

You want lots of them, and give them poison.

But you aren't good right now so how is buying all the books going to make you good in 8th? You'll never be good so why bother?

This is probably bait, but they do say it's reinforcement. And let's be honest, thr situation isn't the same. Mankind isn't ROFLstomping species by the dozen and conquering worlds faster than remembrancers can keep up with.
SM don't have the luxury of spitting on any kind of reinforcements, they'll always be needed, so no chance of them being phased out, and finally, fucking nobody knows about the Thunder Warriors in 40k except maybe the Custodes.
Remember that even SM have a very spotty account of the HH AT BEST, so the Unification Wars is just plain unknown to them.

Are Indomitus pattern terminators getting replaced?

>Rogue One was a good movie
no it wasn't.
thin characterization.
really no consistent theme
makes fucking no sense and really serves to throw explosions on the screen
But what explosions they are.
seriously though, it's mediocre, that's it.
no good, no bad just meh

Pretty much my opinion too. Cool final battle, you don't see that often, and for once togglable plot armour. Also, based Tudyk continues to make everything better. First two acts were REALLY meh, though, and I didn't even bother to learn any of the names the characters were so forgettable. Was kinda rooting for Krennic because Admech player, so a bit of mad ranting is expected and I felt sorry for him losing all his work to a bunch of random saboteurs.

How the fuck will they make Deathwatch and Imperial Agents work as factions

The problem is there's people who are positive without offering advice, and then there's reactionary people like you who just yell without offering advice because you're contrarian instead of conforming.

There's a thing called constructive criticism that does not require you to be a raging autist or a little bitch. Much more effective.

hopefully not, but we'll see

I don't see the problem

Knowing the rules is about 50% of being good. Or at least not shit.

I'm worried since someone posted some supposedly leaked concept art for a new pattern, similar to centurions. Anyone has any more info?

they do have a dedicated meme subreddit.

I'm anticipating 8th ed, yeah. I figure I want a lot of them, but I'm not sure if squad size really matters with them?

10 groups of 10? 7 of 15? 5 of 20? 3 of 30?

There is a HUGE gulf between being not shit and actually being good.

Is my list any good? I tend to just buy models I like. It performs decently against my buddy's crons.

Remember that most plebbits are borderline normies, so when they say "meme", it's generally an image macro from 10 years ago that they've just discovered on a cheeseburger website.

It's honestly a good thing they're banned.

People will know all they need to know when you show up with orange Cheeto fingers

Depending on the inquisitor in charge.
>xenos
>demons
>heretics

You have an inquisitorial core, and then whoever/whatever is needed to fight the enemy.

>Typhon, check
>smashfucker, check
>fire raptors, check
>rapiers, check
Yes vindicare, you can come too. And bring that culexus buddy of yours, the sisters need a hand this time.

>space Marines
>Elite soliders

>Grey knights
>Elite elite soliders

>Custodes
>Elite of the elite of the elite

>Numarines
>Elite of the elite of the elite of the elite elite

It depends a lot on how Synapse works. Smaller might be better to help mitigate battleship and spread out your assaults though, especially since blasts can only hit 1 unit

Better to surround with 10 squads of 10 than trying to get 3 of 30 into position

How's this list? Thinking about getting more rhinos/razorbacks

If you're going for a 100 hormagaunts (wew), 5 or 4 swarms of 25/20 each sounds ideal.
With smaller squad sizes, it'll be harder to keep them all under synapse control, and they won't be as effective against enemy formations.

And either way my point stands - knowing the rules is about 50% of being in one of those categories. Having them memorized like a multiplication table is about 50% of being not shit. Having them memorized like riding a bicycle is about 50% of being good.

So I want to get all the books on day 1, learn all the rules, and impress all the crazy hos with my mad dice rolling skillz.

I'm confused at what the ultimate point you're trying to drive home is.

>risk getting cheeto dust on my mini

The plebs will have to learn my might the hard way, since my normal badge of honor is denied me here.

>Plebbit is a den of forced positivity

And Veeky Forums is a den of 3edgey5u memesters.
What's your point?