Is anyone actually Surprised?

Is there anyone who was not expecting Guilliman to take over the imperium?
As much as this board likes to meme, he is in fact the most worthy of becoming the next God-Emperor after Big E kicks it and has to go fight Chaos.

Dorn

Is still missing. Guilliman is the only non-traitor primarch to have returned so far.
I also predict that somehow Horus will return.

Horus?

I mean that they would have used Dorn instead.

Horus got obliterated by the Emperor. Not just his body, but his SOUL as well. Horus ain't comin' back, son.

I'm really glad GW is finally paying attention to Space Marines. Not like those damn greenskinz who got all the attention the last decade and a half.

He did, Roman Reigns - I mean, Abaddadon the Despoiler, killed him. Then he beat Kharn too, and won the WWE belt, and everyone loved him forever. WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU CHEER!? FUCKING SMARKS, CHEER, WE WILL SHOVE HIM DOWN YOUR THROATS UNTIL YOU *CHEER*

That's crazy, I'm just getting into it all now ready for 8th edition and always thought it was about the blue ones.

Is it me, or does Guilliman sound a bit...evil? I know the entire point of 40k is that everyone is essentially bad and gothic, but he sounds less inspiring and more...malevolent.

When has something like plot consistency ever stopped GW?

Rumors say two primarchs are changing sides. So if that ever happens either Guilliman falls to Chaos or another one has to appear yet.

My bet is Corax

Welcome to the Imperium of Man. Enjoy your stay, you're here forever.

>Corax changing sides

Nah

Anyway who is even possible to come back at this point?

Corax, Jhangtai Khan, Dorn, Lion'el Coinbank,

Is that like a traitor will go loyal? Cause I'd bet either perturabo or alpharius would go loyal out of all of em. Not psyker so no one would really have much other then the whole betrayal thing. Also Iron warriors X Iron Hands is by fair best pairing.

Alpharius was always loyal :^)

I suspected Corax would fall. The choices were Corax and Russ, but I really couldn't see GW making Leman evil.
The traitor-turned-good will probably be Alpharius/Omegon or maybe even Curze if he somehow survived or faked his death.

So, for somebody's who's been out since 5th Edition, what happened?

where's this rumor come from?

Leman Russ, Vulkan and maybe Clone Ferrus Manus

Cadia got BTFO, Fenris got sieged by Magnus, Guilliman teamed up with Cypher and is making bigger/better spess muhreens.

Ynnead happened but came out half baked because Eldrad jumped the gun and the Deathwatch interfered in the ritual.

Ynnead's new prophet, Yvraine, is leading a new cult made of both Craftworld and Dark Eldar, roughly splitting all Eldar society between those who follow the new god and those who say "NOPE THAT BITCH LOOKS LIKE SLAANESH"

Yvraine, with the power of Ynnead, who is a God of Death, cured the poison in Roboute Guillimans body and ressurected him, enabling to walk among the living once again.

Oh, and Chaos was destroyed and a giant fissure of Chaos is spreading through the galaxy, a literal crack in realspace.

Russ returns from the Warp to see his sons and planet being betrayed by the Imperium and left to rot after repelling Magnus. Russ either accepts Chaos or leads his own faction composed of disgruntled Imperium citizens.

I wasn't expecting him to return up until the point he did, but when he did return it was pretty obvious what direction they were going with him

>Cadia got BTFO, Fenris got sieged by Magnus, Guilliman teamed up with Cypher and is making bigger/better spess muhreens.
What's Guilliman doing out of his tube? Did Magnus take Fenris? How has Chaos not conquered the galaxy without Cadia bottlenecking them in?

*Cadia was destroyed, not chaos.

right now, Chaos IS Conquering the Galaxy. Space Marine 2.0 and Guidoman are the Imperiums last hope.

As for Guilliman, see Magnus did not take Fenris, but the planet was ravaged and many of the Space Wolves slain. More importantly, the planet of Sorcerers has appeared in Real Space

Nigga wat?

I thought the whole point of the Dark Eldar was that they were too far gone. How can they go 5 minutes without murder raping something?

Why would a dirty Eldar resurrect Guilliman?

AND HOW THE FUCK WAS CHAOS DESTROYED?

Guilliman is all better now. Magnus fucked it up but was repelled by the Space Wolves. Chaos just now destroyed Cadia and is probably gearing up for a final Black Crusade with all of the traitor primarchs. Also there's a massive warpstorm that's almost bisecting the galaxy.
I'm also betting on another war for Armageddon or some other Orkish stuff.
Oh and the Eldar's infinity circuit got destroyed.

Nigga that was decided when he came back. Why the hell would someone be surprised about something that already happened?

Loin wakes up and goes traitor, Alpha- I mean Cypher has been doing his own thing all this time. Seriously though, Cypher shows up and Roboute immediately decides to talk things out. Roboute was the one who claimed to have killed him and burned the body. Cypher pretty much follows the Alpha Legion playbook just by existing the way he does, and either dies repeatedly and gets replaces or is pretty much fucking immortal.

Caesar always saw himself as the great reformer.

>I thought the whole point of the Dark Eldar was that they were too far gone. How can they go 5 minutes without murder raping something?

Ynnead is not fully formed but can protect Eldar souls from Slaanesh (by eating them hirself)

>Why would a dirty Eldar resurrect Guilliman?

It was forseen it would be necessary to save the galaxy from Chaos in the wake of Cadia's destruction

>AND HOW THE FUCK WAS CHAOS DESTROYED?
That was a Typo, meant CADIA, see

Ok. That makes more sense

So wait, has Chaos been made "THE" big threat, beyond Orks, Necrons, and Nids?

Chaos has always, and should always tbqhwy, be the biggest threat. But I'm sure that Necrons, Nids and Orks will get their kicks in.

Corax has been 10k years into the Eye

Thus far, yes, everything else it taking a back seat to Chaos right now. Orks, Necrons, and Tyranids are just 'there', haven't gotten any screen time at all.

Wait, when Cadia fell, did Creed die?

No, Trazyn the Infinite collected him like a Pokemon and he's still alive.

Yes. Look at the community site, they have a map. Chaos LITERALLY cut the galaxy in half with the eye of terror, it's a big purple streak through the center, left to right. The top and bottom halves of the map are pretty much isolated from each other.

Also Death Guard and Thousand Sons are getting their own armies, Cadia got blown the fuck up, and primarchs are probably going to be waking up left and right. Spearking of, I'm just waiting to see Jaghati Khan ride a dark eldar jetbike out of the webway while flipping them all off, after shitting on Asdrubael Vect's rug.

Creed survived.

I'd actually like GW to follow what "Down Amongst The Dead Men" kind of set up and have Krieg get hit with a full scale Tyranid invasion.
I'D ALSO LIKE BLACK LIBRARY TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER AND WRITE SOME NOVELS ABOUT THIS STUFF

Either Omegon/Alpharius or Kurze somehow. The rest are too corrupted to come back to the Imperium.

I'd actually be really happy for Curze to return.

>Curze has returned
>He's healthy now and has straightened his life out and took up gardening

Maybe some other time perty ;-;

>tfw the Necrons will unironically side with the Eldar to fight off Chaos after millions of years of being tsundere

Poetry.

He actually ended up marrying the assassin they sent after him, and they have a lovely hidden homestead in the Ghoul Stars where they raise giant crows, grow nightshade, and glower at the horizon together.

Dorn's expertise is defense, not empire management.

>implying he isn't just keeping the seat warm for the next rebirth of Emperor-tier Imperial characters like the Emperor's lost Super Sensei brother or some Hyper Ascended Perpetual-Golden Men.

Just wait till 10 years from now when you can buy 20 man squads of Emperors legally. With some ultra dumb retcon saying they are from different dimensions or the Emperor cloned himself etc.

That's why he's along Guilliman the only primarch who made an empire of his own before meeting the Emperor, right?

To be fair, he INHERITED one. But yeah, Dorn was an expert at management, he shared that autism with Guidoman.

Ok, so the primarchs will return, with one of each side changing sides? i'm still trying to figure out why would anyone change sides at this times so i'm gonna look at all the primarchs quickly, Loyals first and Traitor second

>Lion
With that whole "loyalty is it's own reward" thing i don't think he's gonna go traitor any time soon
>Khan
Considering how detached he was from the rest of his bros even before the heresy there some chance he might switch sides but i personally doubt it
>Leman Russ
Fenris got bombed, his legion got decimated by magnus back at fenris, and worst of all guilliman is probably getting rid of the wolves' original geneseed to make new marines, if he ever returns fucker is either going renegade or full-on traitor
>Rogal dorn
wasn't he dead? some dude just say he was just missing
>sanguinius
RIP
>Ferrus manus
i got a theory on this one, Fulgrim tried (and failed) to clone Ferrus and sway him to his side, but ferrus just wouldn't comply, so he killed clone after clone cuz he could not convince him, but what if, Fabius bile and fulgrim managed to make some Imperfect clone of Manus, that was pretty much ferrus with the downs and fulgrim said "fuck it, ill roll with it", got some geneseed from him, and made some Emperor's Childrens/Iron Hands hybrids to fuck the imperium's shit up with not-ferrus manus?

>Vulkan
most likely will still stay loyal, but the salamanders still gotta find those artifacts
>Corax
Doubt he will go traitor now of all times

Now let's just see at the traitors and see wich of them could just go back to loyal (i think is pretty much impossible at this point)

>Horus
he's fucking dead, even his soul is dead
>Fulgrim
he's probably still pissy that guilliman survived, and returned to lead the Imperium, no less.
>Perturabo
Now a deamon primarch, pretty much impossible to turn loyal again
>Konrad Curze
considering how he fucking hated his legion by the time he got killed... maybe? but he's also dead
>Angron
Motherfucker hated the Emperor from day one
>Mortarion
He pretty much hates Chaos and the warp, but is really ovbious that's hes coming back as a daemon prince along his death guard boys so i guess he learnd to stop worrying and love nurgle
>Magnus
Same as mortarion but with Tzeench
>Lorgar
LOL NO
>Alpharius/Omegon
Probably? Closet loyalist meme aside

anyway, i can't see any of the traitors going loyal again with the meme tier exception of alpharius

>wasn't he dead?
Body never found

Are the Necrons doing anything with all this end times stuff?

Well done.

It was their pylons that blew up Cadia, no?
The necrons have never had much stake in anything. They just wanted to rebuild their empire and stomp anyone who got in the way. Except by being a non-Imperial faction, all they did was get stomped themselves if they got too close to anything important, therefore being forced to linger on the edges of the galaxy.

Trazyn helped the Imperium on Cadia then collected Creed.

Maybe if they keep this whole "one big enemy for each edition" the time of the Necrons to shine should be when the Tyranids come to nom our galaxy.

>End of times
>Tyranids comming to nom all
>Silent king comes back beating them with a lead pipe while screaming in robot

Wait, what?

lurk more
the New Games Workshop has also forbidden dirt in 8th edition.

No. He actually sounds pretty moderate all things considering

His job was to conquer the stars for humankind. Dude sounds like an evil dictator because for all intents and purposes? he is one. Even had secret police.

You don't take 500 worlds without breaking a few eggs, after all.

Naw their pylons actually worked for a bit but Abbadon crashed the wreckage of the destroyed blackstone fortress to break Cadia in two.

Alpharius and Omegon

Either one of them gets the other to go loyal, they were both Chaos and one defects to loyalty, or the secretly loyal one decides to go full chaos.

And/or Russ comes back from the Eye tainted and mutated, which is why the Wulfen got all fuzzy in realspace, and is immediately forced to fight against the Imperium because they think he's a Daemon prince or some shit, plus he's all salty they left most of his chapter to die.

>Mutated Russ
I want to see this.

Chaosfag here.

I would like the furries to continue to remain on the corpse-emperor's side.

That is all.

Loyalfag here.

Please take him, I don't want him.

Horus and sanguinius are the two who wont come back desu

Lionel Richie is chaos.
Cypher is the only loyalist in the danglers.

And you don't really need more swapping sides. Just bring the demon prince primarchs out of hiding.

Oh and russ can show up to kill the big smurf cunt.

>dangles reveal their true nature, triggers:
>demon prince primarchs return, triggers:
>loyalist warp treader primarchs return

New crusades. New heresy.

So long as papa smurf dies.

>Alpharius was loyal, turns traitor
>Omegon was traitor, turns loyal
>Noone notices

One of them is supposed to be dead though

There are no good guys in 40k

Chaosfag again.

We've got a new anomaly by the Tau we can push him out through.

Any objections?

Smiling Curze is damn creepy.

Just make sure they can't get out of it

Maybe both of them are dead, or maybe neither.
Or perhaps death never existed at all...

Probably because editing it such that the proper cheek squash and lip stretch occurs is more trouble than it's worth for a throw-away image gag.

Why is there a running joke that the Dark Eldar have Jaghatai Khan? How would they keep him and an entire White Scars ship for so long without killing them all, or just getting murdered?
Personally, I think that they accidentally stumbled across the Black Library. Khan was a lot like Magnus and loved reading/learning, and maybe Cegorach liked the primarch enough to let him in.

Who the hell said they have him? I just mentioned him being there. I don't know shit about the running gag.

>Khan gets a trove of ancient knowledge and gets to use the webway as the ultimate racetrack
>The price is having to endure racist Asian jokes at the hands of Cegorach for millennia.

It has been implied that not all Dark Eldar are entirely on board with their culture. However while not entirely being on board, they also see nothing appealing in the other paths available. The Ynnari at the moment don't really seem to have a set culture. In addition there are Dark Eldar who joined simply because they see the power the Ynnari wield.

Yes, he had an empire, but he obviously didn't care to continue managing it nor does it seem to have been as big as Ultramar.

Magnymagic is coming back because everything was just as planned.

Dorn is better at conquering/consolidating and Guilliman is better at managing

I guess one is Alexander and the other Caesar

>Russ comes back corrupted by Chaos
>Magnus knew that and attacked Fenris so the number of traitors following Russ would be the minimum
M dick would explode.

SATAN GET OUT WITH YOUR LIES

>Sure you built the thing but you still can't fucking drive properly
>And a chipchong nipnong to you too Jaggy

Climb back into your FUCKING containment general RIGHT NOW.

Human/superhuman mortality is an Alpha Legion ruse, everyone that ever lived is still alive.

Russ falling and becoming a Daemon Prince would make my dick diamonds.

>He got stranded in the webway on purpose
>He's going to fix the hole in there
>He's been in league with Cypher the entire time, it's why Cypher's been trying to get to the Emperor

I thought they came out with "The Battle of Pluto" thing
and retconned how Dorn killed Alpharius, which led to
Omegon took his place, meaning he "died" to Guilliman.

Is GW going for the "teleports behind you/it was a hologram" plot twist?

I think Magnus will be the one to turn too

Russ becomes a daemon prince/corrupted. His new form is a giant daemon wolf. Space Wolves are so horrified to see their gene father be corrupted that they expunge all wolf iconography in their chapter and return to pure Viking aesthetics.

>mfw

Even then, that's not really a face that's built for smiling to begin with.

you are the sort who should kill themselves.

What about the Tau?

He's right you know. 40k is entirely nonmoral.

>pure Viking aesthetics like back in 3rd ed.