Forum: well-of-souls.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

Other urls found in this thread:

well-of-souls.com/outsider/forum_ground_war.html
well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1738#p1738
stevegallacci.com/archive/edf
youtube.com/watch?v=lfdQGCiydi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was this meant for /co/ ?

I'd call you a newfag but you could have been on Veeky Forums for quite a while and never seen an Outsider update.

The author of the comic also mande a tabletop game.

Jesus, I checked this page just today before it updated. It would have been months before I noticed otherwise.

So was it the Umiak, Loroi, or an undiscovered third party who killed the Bellarmine?

Quads confirmed.

>Page 116 on Patreon.

I'll make a note in my last will and testament to my unborn grandchildren to tell your unborn grandchildren what the deal was.

A Prequel update is n the horizon and Outsider is confirmed for not dead.

Today is a weird day.

End of October my ass. What was the conclusion everyone came to when figuring out how long it would take him to finish his comic?

Think it was at least 3 generations at the current rate.

>Prequel update on the horizon
You mean how he promised he'd update by the end of April and then fucking didn't and had the gall to say
>"And (I) advise all of you to never believe someone who says that they can "knock it out in an afternoon", and doesn't do it within a day."
in the thread about it? How little self awareness can one man have?

This takes TIME to produce?
What?
This makes Marmaduke look like Berserk.

That's not the update he was talking about. In fact the update in question doesn't even exist yet because Kaz is an irresponsible fuck.

At least Kazerad gave us something to look at while we wait as an apology of sorts. Also he is programming; annoying problems tend to pop up unexpectedly when you do that.
The next update is a flash game.

His explanation was that one of his people disappeared and for some reason had exclusive access to various critical "assets" whatever the fuck that means. It appears that they've re-appeared recently, though, and Kaz at least claims to be working on it.

Newfag detected, please lurk moar
some months moar

>various critical "assets" whatever the fuck that means
It's probably art or something, if he's making a game.

Most likely
The question arises
Why not just remake them or get someone else to do it if they're that important

I believe that he said that he had to remake those assets from scratch.

>Why not just remake them or get someone else to do it if they're that important
I mean, that might be why it took so much time. Assets do take time.

Oh, shiny.
If his autistic attention to detail is anything to judge by, this gonna be gud.

Holy fucking shit.

And I've forgotten the plot thread since I finished the archive.

>Outsider updates
>Spindrift updates
Truly we live in an age of wonders

>being this fucking new

Leave Veeky Forums immediately, you are the cancer that is killing it.

Three panels, and nine sentences of dialog. The last update was over a year ago. I'm frankly impressed.

>I've forgotten the plot
That's ok, you've got another year to re-read it before the next one.

WHERE ARE THE BEARDS?!

American webcomic artists spend years working on a single page and rewrite it up to a million times to produce the finest panels known to mankind.

>had the others on my pc but it crashed.
Lumberjack Fireblade was sexy.

>07/05/10

fuck is this old

I'm laughing my ass off over here, holy shit that's great

Just read through the entire thing. Gotta say I really dig the odd and disjointed way that the Shells speak. Really gives a truly alien feel.

Why are they bullying him. Not even Fireblade was this mean

You don't know. Maybe she has been telepathically screaming slurs at Jardin since the beginning.

WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Redrawn over 9000 times

huh, he has a patreon. i wonder if that means he does drawing streams, where like every three hours he paints in a single pixel.

I was wondering when someone would slap some beards on them.

Yeah, it's actually pretty interesting and well written. Which why I still follow it after 5 fucking years of going nowhere, and why it's so infuriating that there isn't more of it.

Out of the planned 7 chapters, we are only 2 chapters in. Well 1 1/2 and it has only taken 17 years.

Now we're stuck on a boat. In space this time.

Reminder that the blues are physically compatible with humans

What? No. The Insider info says they aren't.

Sexually physically compatible at least

If I can fap to it we're compatable

>Sexy time with blue alien space elves with no chance of babies.

Sign me up sir, I'm ready to do my part.

Well, remember that according to Tempo the Loroi are notoriously blunt. They might not be trying to be mean, they're just not trying to have any tact like she does.

Would you read a version of Outsider, but centering on infantry rather than the navy?

I would read any version of outsided with a decent update rate.
But this isn't really an action-focused comic anyways.

There is some fanfiction on the Outsider forums about militia infantry. The setting doesn't have a lot of infantry combat because ships will scuttle instead of being boarded and planets surrender before the invaders can nuke em from orbit (or they just nuke em from orbit regardless).

>ships will scuttle instead of being boarded
If that's standard procedure why bother having marunes at all?

Anyone else remember Titan AE?

I just checked the Insider again. Here's the relevant article about foot infantry combat. The TLDR is that every faction has the troops and equipment to put up a fight if there is something worth protecting, but it very rarely happens because of the dominance of space superiority on ground combat.

well-of-souls.com/outsider/forum_ground_war.html

Arioch has also discussed things like ground combat on the forums. Spoilers ahead:

well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1738#p1738

Arioch: Secondary training for shipboard disciplines includes squad-level combat and the kind of formal training in small arms that you would expect for any unit capable of infantry combat. Though the Loroi have dedicated security units (Teidar and specialized Soroin), every member of the crew is expected to be able to be armed and fight in a boarding action. And yes, this means Beryl too (as we will soon see).

- Tue May 10, 2011 5:18 pm

>2011

>And yes, this means Beryl too (as we will soon see).
Wonder if this still applies. Beryl's too pure to shoot someone

She has a kid, user. Only Fireblade is pure.
pure rage

This was a cool read, do you fa/tg/uys recommend any other sci-fi webcomic?

The only one I'm currently following is Albedo.
stevegallacci.com/archive/edf

Very few with the same theme as outsider

I want to fuck that elf.

user. I am disappointed in you. Zaku has turned its back on you.

Fucking titan AE was the best. Captured a lot of excited early 2000s/ late 90s feels that have since vanished.

youtube.com/watch?v=lfdQGCiydi0

Also worth mention. Treasure planet

What's with the glowing colored armor parts?

As long as it has space or a decent future feel in it, I'm interested.

It lights up when you are on duty, other than that it's basically bling.

Ceremonial rank indictors? Maybe so you can find your officer easier in the event of a power loss?

>Maybe so you can find your officer easier in the event of a power loss?

If I recall a QnA thread on the forum correctly is something like that and the bridge generally being darkened during combat.

Terra's pretty good

>a full fucking year

Stillstorm has a nice gaze.

So much detail in background, that damn cockpit

Who wants to bet that Stillstorm will be one of the admirals calling for glassing Earth after the human's spooky power gets revealed

Someone could make an entire comic series about waiting for Outsider to update.

Hence why we had to wait for a damned year.

In a million years maybe. I'll invent brain uploading for the author before we see that. Besides, the one that need keeping an eye on is Tempo. Just look at this face, this is a face you can't trust.

She has a face with enough smug fit for an Eldar.

The blueberries lie. You can't trust them.

So...how many eggs would you eat to get a succesful marriage with Tempo if the one with the most eggs eaten would be the winner?

>a successful marriage with Tempo
>successful marriage with a political officer
Good joke user

So how many eggs?

10 and the galactic coordinates of Earth

You'd give those out for a handjob!

I'm talking about a succesful, life long, love of your life marriage with Tempo.

Is this canon?

None, but I'd eat all the eggs for Beryl.

You have to be at least eighteen (18) to post here.

Not yet it isn't.

When did that happen? It's been a year since I last read it. Or was this just a one-off bonus art kind of thing? Also,
>They didn't know that human males didn't NEED to mate every given amount of time
>He could've fufilled the Kirk initiative for god knows how long with goddamn cute blue space elves and gotten away with it, at least until they made contact with the rest of humanity
>But he was too much of a professional/good guy to do so
I don't know whether to be impressed with his ethics or disappointed he forgot humanity's dream so easily.

They offered to make an 'arrangement' for him, and when the fans raised their eyebrows, the artist pleaded innocence and implied they'd provide him some sort of masturbatory device. He's not fooling anyone.

Apparently human men are larger, too (this also raised eyebrows, since the revelation came on the heels of the fact that a bunch of blue space elves had seen him naked).

Sex with the Loroi would probably end up being awkward and weird. We lack the psychic capabilities to get them off and they don't know enough about us to get us off

There's "Cassiopeia Quinn"

I imagine sexual intercourse is still at least half physical.

It'd be fucking weird, though.

Gender, Mating and Sexuality

> Males make up only a small percentage of the Loroi population (12%);
> All sexual access to males is restricted by law and must be arranged through various kinds of formal matchmaking;
> All Loroi males are wards of the state as regards sexual access;
> Many professions for males are directly or indirectly tied to their sexual function;
> In some cases, a very influential private group or individual may be able to secure long-term access to the rights to a male;
> Sexual rights to a male can be transferred, and he generally has no say in who he is matched with;
> Males are constantly surrounded by females, even in the "monastic" orders;
> Male children are raised separately from the female children, but the caregivers are mostly female;
> If a female caretaker monopolizes too much of her charge's time and energy, or gets pregnant, this is usually grounds for dismissal;

>> If a female caretaker monopolizes too much of her charge's time and energy, or gets pregnant, this is usually grounds for dismissal;
>female caretaker monopolizes too much of her charge's time and energy, or gets pregnant
>or gets pregnant

Gonna get HUMANED

Blued

Look at it this way, user. Tempo and her cronies would probably want to enslave us or something, but Stillstorm would likely want us wiped from the face of the galaxy. Which is the better deal?

I wonder what the Umaki would do when they figure out we are immune to Loroi psionics.

Dissection to find out how to integrate that into Umiak biology. Or shoving our brains into robots/combat suits a la that one boss in the new Wolfenstein

>This site is graphic intensive and is intended to be viewed on systems with at least 1024x768 displays.
Outsider is over 19 years old. There are people on Veeky Forums that were born after it started.

Looking forward to the Mirror - Chapter 11, part 2

“Regretfully and under the laws of the Hierarchy you and your ship are hereby seized according to the non neutrality edict. There is no hope for you. Surrender yourselves and your ship peacefully and the Hierarchy will treat you kindly, resist and you will be treated accordingly.”

>Surrender yourselves and your ship peacefully and the Hierarchy will treat you kindly
Get out of here with your doublespeak, shell

>millennial_space_opera.jpg

How would you expand on the setting, anons? If you could run a tabletop game in the setting, how would it go?

Something like this probably

- Player characters are a group that makes contact with Loroi / Umiak
- Depending on PC actions humanity joins one of the sides in the war
- Small timeskip, PCs are promoted to captains or maybe fighter wing commanders
-War
-Depending on how good the war goes and how exactly PC will act it may different outcomes and end in different timeframe
- If the war goes for too long with no side getting a clear win and exhausting each other things get really bad
- Loroi and Umiak locked in their conflict needed to cut the resources for scout and exploration programs and while they subjugated or allied with all the immediate neighbours they were not able to expand their sphere of control fast enough.
- On the other hand some powers closer to the galactic core did have resources to continue scouting missions and now they are eyeing both Loroi and Umiak as potential gains
-Suddenly scale of conflict rises with different other star nations joining the conflict. Some try to get what they want through deals and diplomacy, some through raids and some through full blown invasions.