So wait a second... Cypher just "escapes" from the Golden Palace?

So wait a second... Cypher just "escapes" from the Golden Palace?

The Golden Palace on Terra, the most heavily fortified position in the galaxy, protected by the Custodes and just about every other possible kind of force. The Custodes who regularly performed death-defying feats just to attempt to break in, like putting themselves in a near death coma and hiding inside a cargo crate to try to sneak past all its defences to test them... and Cypher just "escapes". The Palace of the Emperor of Mankind, the most important figurehead in the Imperium, and a deadly dangerous heretic traitor (as far as they're concerned) escapes within a few miles of him and is on the loose. Cypher just casually strolls out of what is effectively the most secure prison in the Imperium. Probably a few hundred thousand psykers who could psychically locate him in the surrounding area. Not to mention he's not exactly a difficult person to find, considering he's wearing power armour, which isnt exactly "quiet", that's a different colour from every other suit of power armour on Terra. Probably the most densely populated place in the galaxy, billions of people you know, probably quite hard to slip past billions of potential witnesses. Seeing as he is, you know, a potential chaos fiend heretic, you think they'd keep an eye on him. And people tend to notice when a fucking Space Marine walks past.

Is this just bad writing or also bad people doing the bad writing?

there's genestealer cults on Terra
the adeptus terra isn't that good at detecting bad guys

Nobody outside his legion want him dead.

Sure he's under great suspicion and investigation, but he isn't exterminatus grade enemy of the imperium.

And it won't be fun for him when they get their hands on him
> unless slaanesh is the dangle god.

Yeah but, you'd think the Golden fucking Palace. We all know the Imperium isn't what it used to be, but if Cypher can just walk the fuck out... how has no one finished the job and killed The Emperor yet? Seems pretty fucking easy to break in at this point.

It's his thing to escape from prisons but yeah, it's retarded. Just saying that it was predictable

its breaking in thats hard not out

I'm going to be honest with you, as a long time DA player, the names Cypher and Gav Thorpe cause me to involuntarily shudder.

Just try to ignore Cypher exists. He is a product of them not having a plan, and just winging it constantly.

What do you expect? Fucking Omegon.

The lore has implied on multiple occasions that he can literally teleport away.

Cypher is the best character in 40k though

People been sneaking into the palace since Jaq Draco. Its a big corrupt bureaucratic hell hole.

The custodes thing was during the height of the security build up to the invasion of terra during the horus heresy, so probably not the best measure.

I believe he has the stealth special rule.

Oh hai!

Fuck off

>there's genestealer cults on Terra
How big have those grown by now? They must be pretty massive considering how long it will be before a nid fleet ever comes into range of Terra.

So did Guillie-dully gave the fallen to the DA or is Azrael and his mates shitting their ceramite pants right now?

>give us your lunch money, nerd

Security intended to keep people out is different to security intended to keep people in.

That sounds like bullshit.

NO FEAR; IMPERIAL CITIZEN! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "GENESTEALER CULT" ON HOLY TERRA, AS IT IS THE THRONE WORLD OF OUR OUTMOUST HOLY MAJESTY, THE IMMORTAL GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND. SHOULD YOU NOTICE PEOBLE TALKING OPENLY ABOUT SUCH THINGS, PLEASE REPORT THEM TO YOUR LOCAL INQUISITOR. THEY WILL EXPLAIN THEM EXACTLY WHY THAT SIMPLY ISN'T TRUE, THOUGH YOU MAY NOT SEE THEM EVER AGAIN.

>So wait a second... Cypher just "escapes" from the Golden Palace?

Dark Angels confirmed for badasses.

He is one of the few guys who dual wield guns.
He is THAT good.

Doesnt he also get to fire them in melee?

t. buthurt cuckstodes

Hi my OC is called Cypher he is SOOOoo mysterious! He wears a cloak and betrayed his order BECAUSE THEY ARE ACTUALLY BAD GUYS so Cypher is pretty much both scary and cool and GOOD. Cypher convince his GOOD brothers to join him, because he is VERY charismatic (like me haha). He is also one of the sneakiest people in the WHOLE universe, and he likes to wear cool robes! Also he is a very good fighter who is capable of using TWO bolt pistols at all ranges, AND he is a GREAT strategist!

Don't try to pretend than 40k was not built on pure edge and over-the-top crap.

Your forgetting literally the most important thing

>Cypher
The character that only exists to be a plot device and a marry sue did something impossible, wow how shocking.

There's also chaos taint there too, but they just keep it under wraps.

>its breaking in thats hard not out
The fluff said that nothing had ever broke out of the cell they put him in, in the 10000 years it existed, and then added Cypher was gone in like, an hour.

40k was built on sarcasm and tongue in cheek humour.

Chaos fuckery, Cypher confirmed heretic.

See

That's a pretty good piece of fan art, I think it could happen. I mean, it's already been proven Space Marines aren't the be all end all of Imperial loyalty, I don't think Chaos needs a monopoly on being traitors.

>Implying the emperor isn't already a broodlord

probably has some Necron artefact that lets him walk through walls or some shit.
In terms of disappearing isn't Terra supposed to be a single massive hive city at this point? I'm sure there's plenty of places to hide and I doubt most of the denizens would be able to identify him even if they knew he was wanted (which is doubtful)

This, but if you're still not convinced...

"Frank Drebin, Custodes Squad! Just be back in your cell by six!"

>Naked Bolter 40k 1/4: The Final Heresy

I would watch this

This, somehow a stealer cult appeared on Terra, it was literally like 2 sentences, as though that wasn't a big deal or anything?

Well that depends on how advanced it was. Terra gets billions of pilgrims a day, it's not impossible that a few dozen infected were among them -before they were found out.

That isn't actually a space marine, I think, but rather a gue'vesa battlesuit built to imitate marines. You can see that the arms are mechanical.

Terra is a planet literally covered by hive cities. Considering how much shit goes down in the underhive of any random hive city, it's hardly suprising Terran hives would have areas buried deep below the current surface where nobody has gone in ten thousand years. Mutants, genestealers, and other gribblies are bound to pop up in such places.

>You can see that the arms are mechanical.
I figured he was just a techmarine.

Getting out of a place meant to keep other from getting in is extraordinarily easy because everything in the system is trying to keep people from getting in - not getting out. Just like breaking into a prison is a lot easier than breaking out of one, because who in their right mind is trying to get IN to a prison?