Jumpchain CYOA Thread #143: Too Stupid to Fail Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/8mqrVUJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rolled 632 (1d816)

HERE GOES

Unfortunately, as can be seen with several of our jumpmakers, that's not always a true statement.

>Shin Megami Tensei 1

I have little to no experience with this game. From what I've gathered it's about friendship demons and the obvious superiority of chaos? Or am I confusing it with something else.

Ah, yes. Shin Megami Tensei. Remember when SMTAnon tried to nerf Tribrids and the thread reacted so badly that a few chucklefucks started to pretend certain threads didn't exist?

Shin Megami Tensei
Neat

Shin Megami Tensei! The jump that gave us the much-maligned Sacrificial Bestowment.

I mean that's one of the in-game routes you can go.

Unfortunately I'm about as confused as you are because NONE of these games make any sense to me. All I know for this one is that humanity's frankly boned unless the neutral route's taken. Law winds up with everybody lobotomized into servitude, Chaos winds up with everybody dead except for the asshole demons.

You got good demons and bad demons.

Ah well.

You are definitely confusing it with something else. Neutral is always the objective best choice, and its less about befriending demons, and more about manipulating them to join you and do what you want. Whether it's through kindness, fear, money, or whatever else you gotta do.

The idea is to only post nice things.
Goddamn was that retarded. Like I never want to think of that again. Please don't remind me.

I was there! I also made a few of those threads, although I didn't actually do it because of the SMT situation.

and Tribrid builds.

The jump has so much good shit but people focused HARD on those two build-types that it's a crime. And it's sad that all of the drama surrounding it's made SMTanon not want to focus on anymore of that premise. He did excellent work.

No, it's about friendship demons and the obvious superiority of neutral. Neutral is the only good route, the other two are for villains.

I think the drop in capstone is pretty neat.
I'm a sucker for unique power reserves of energy like that even if they're not exactly the best choices.

I see a fair few people go Law-Abiding Citizen so they can combine do the combo with the Jesus Armour.

>People think the mid-point between two extremes must be correct
But why? I can understand why wanting to murder crazy demon-angels would be good, but why is "neutral" so often the correct choice?

Because neutral is a broad category.
In SMT specifically it's because Law and Chaos are factions instead of ideals or forces. Both are full of dicks so supporting either when they don't have your best interests at heart is foolish.

Because if you don't take it, everyone dies and or becomes a slave to some other force that has it's own interests in mind and not yours.

Thank you. I'm working on a build right now. I'm going to befriend so many demons.

It's not the mid-point, I think, but the gradient.

What would happen if you were to somehow create a Solar Exaltation outside of the Exalted universe? Would it find an appropriate host without the help of the god in charge of exaltations?

In Shin Megami Tensei, it's the objectively best choice because the Law route ends with the forces of Law culling humanity down and turning what remains into mindless pawns that faithlessly follow the plan of the Almighty, and the Chaos route entails Demons taking over and basically enforcing might makes right. Because most Humans in SMT aren't very special, this would basically result in the extinction of Humanity, save for a few exceptional individuals. In the Neutral route, you beat back both sides, giving humanity independence and allowing them to carve out their own path, even if though it might be difficult.

Because the game only gives you three options, and the Neutral path is the only one that doesn't end in humanity enslaved by monsters. Law results in everyone being brainwashed into nothing but ceaseless worship of the divine. Chaos results in demon lords conquering the world and enforcing their will on anyone weaker than them. Neutral results in humanity standing on its own two feet, bowing to neither Heaven nor Hell. It's the only path that allows the possibility for humanity's state to improve. Sure, it's also possible we'll only wind up destroying ourselves, but potential failure is better than certain failure.

>#143
Did nobody notice the thread was misnumbered?

I chuckled, but otherwise ignored it.

Lytek doesn't give out Exaltations. The only Exaltation type that can be given to someone are Abyssal Exaltations, and he obviously doesn't handle those. Exaltations choose their own host, even Abyssals can be rejected by their shard if they don't fit its standards despite being implanted with one. Lytek is just in charge of giving the shards a good scrubbing in between hosts, to get rid of anything untoward they might have picked up, like corrupted Essence or traumatic recorded memories. So there is a risk your Exalted that you're leaving behind might go a little crazy or evil. But really, that happens anyway because of the Great Curse, so no one would notice compared to the real thing.

Well, this is the Too Stupid To Fail edition.

Who took your virginity in the chain?

Doing universal monsters, and I took the Reincarnated Romance drawback. My question is, does the the companion I get for completing it have access to cp or comes with the undead perk line or just nothing?

If you made an exact duplicate, probably nothing. Exaltations have very strict opinions on what does and does not count as a human. Unless you're in a universe where people have Hun and Po souls but aren't naturally capable of learning supernatural techniques, it'll just sit there because it can't find anyone to exalt.

But if you redesign it to work with another kind of being's soul, sure.

You can also give out Infernal (this is how the Yozi do it) and Solar (Ahlat presented the UCS lots of his worshipers to turn into the very first Dawn castes. Lunars and Sidereals may be controllable too. It's just that the gods don't bother choosing manually any more and the Exaltation will refuse if you try to shove it into someone it doesn't think is worthy.

My Harem of clones and robots.

So perhaps I should work out a way for exaltations to be "cleaned" as well?

Main Jumper is still a virgin

>Shin Megami Tensei - 574
Background: Demon
Drawbacks: World of Chaos (+600); The Pre-Apocalypse, Apocalypse, and Post-Apocalypse (+0)
Final Point Count: 1,600 CP
Perks:
-Theme Music (Free)
-Kugutsu Magic (Free)
-Sacrificial Bestowment
-Burning Spirit
-Heir of Shinjuku
-Demon Race: Ibaraki Doji (200 CP Stipend)
Items & Companions:
-Louis Cyphre (Free)
-Magnetite x2
-The Overlord’s Seat
-Companion Import (400 CP)

Seras Victoria:
-Background: Rebellious Spirit
-Theme Music (Free), Wasn’t So Tough After All (Free), Gunmetal Alchemist, Demonic Fusion (Lich), The Overlord’s Seat, Pentagram

Elizabeth Victoria:
-Background: Noble Soldier
-Theme Music (Free), Honorable Treachery (Free); The Eight-Forked Drunkard’s Shadow; Dormant Power

Elizabeth DeWitt:
-Background: Normal Person
-Theme Music (Free), Not Feeling Too Bad (Free); The Demonic Diplomat; The Storm’s Eve; Demon Summoner
-COMP (Free); Wisdom Ring

Gelee:
-Background: Modern Magician
-Theme Music (Free), Polymath (Free); Ninth Circle Sorcery; Demonic Infusion (Hybrid: Nekomata)
-Magic Bottle (Free); Jakyou Manor

Dante:
-Background: Rebellious Spirit
-Theme Music (Free), Wasn’t So Tough After All (Free); The Demonic Samurai; Demonic Fusion (Shuten Doji)
-Clandestine Pouch (Free); The Overlord’s Seat

Yugiri Mistwalker
-Background: Drop-In
-Theme Music (Free), Honest Liar (Free); Hollow Presence; Primordial Might; In The Webs Of The Fallen, The Guardian, and The Lord; Demon Hunter’s Garb

Romulus Jefferson Clay
-Background: Law-Abiding Citizen
-Theme Music (Free), Exemplar (Free); The Winds of Salvation; Chosen of Raphael
-Plasma Sword (Free); Jesus Armor Set

Sadie, Draco, and Fenris:
-Background: Normal Persons
-Theme Music (Free), Not Feeling Too Bad (Free); Demon Summoner; Dormant Power
-COMP (Free)

>You can also give out Infernal (this is how the Yozi do it)
No, you can't. The Yozi can choose what criteria an Exaltation uses for selection, but they can't determine who it goes to. The best they can do is send a demon along for the ride to pitch the terms to a suitable host.

>Solar (Ahlat presented the UCS lots of his worshipers to turn into the very first Dawn castes
Again, no. They weren't specifically implanted with the shards, Ahlat just got hundreds of people with the right traits for potential Exaltation and let the shards free among them in hopes they'd be chosen. There's no way to take a specific person and say "You. You're a Solar now." The shard chooses.

What happens in the Endless Blue stays in the Endless Blue.

As promised, here's what I have so far for origins for the Fables/Wolf Among Us Jump. "None" and "Traveler" are meant to be the Drop In origins; since there are two sets of origins you have to take both to get the full Drop In effect (no memories, no history, etc.). Allegiances are going to have their own perks, but probably not as many as the origins.

Of course it would be the Chaos Ending. As if I needed any more cursed flashbacks to Nechronica. But... At least here, humanity lives - even if it's in... small doses. Still, enough with my tech-base at this level to try and help humanity rebuild.

But first thing is first, we've got an unfortunate infestation of demons - many of whom subscribe to "rule of the strong," which has since been corrupted to "I will do what the fuck I want and whine when someone proves stronger than I." And... well.

There's going to be a lot of whining over the next forty years.

Dude. That is an absolutely fantastic intro text. Great prose, clearly lays out the setting. Well done.

Main Chain:
George De Sand took it. We kinda uh. Did it after a nice romantic date.

Writer Chain:
pic related. I asked for him to involve tentacles.

Doctor's Companion Chain:
Archer after the Grail War. He was. Astonishingly amazing at sex.

What's the World of Law drawback like? My jumpchain has drawbacks as alternate dimensions/worlds, and this seems like it could use my help, but it's also +1000 CP.

Writechain: Currently, nobody.

Cat Wizard: I sincerely forgot, so it probably wasn't very important.

She smelled like bacon ought to smell. The perfect woman. The cultist.

I had some moments of weakness during Light of Terra.

Imagine a world where the only reason people have to exist is to suck gods cock.
Anyone who steps out of line dies. Anyone that wasn't part of the plan is already dead.
It's pretty bad.

How the fuck do you manage to go an entire ten years as whatever kind of super skills you got from a jump without getting laid? Hell most backgrounds should involve you fucking someone.

Some people have other things to do.

Some things are more important than getting your dick wet.
When adventure is afoot it's easy to forget about sex.

Thank you!

No, I got that. I meant what's god's power level here. I'm immune to "because god says" but not if he feels like punching too hard. I'm running on Cell Saga DBZ power levels with more creativity and Final Fantasy endgame levels of magic and physical resistance.

>Never taking a break for ten years straight
Please tell me you at least stop and go to concerts or grab a beer or something.

OOCly, I'm saving actual romance, harem antics, and sexual tension for a later arc.

Writechain!Jumper has severe trust issues he's only recently starting to get over, and doesn't want to disappoint his Roidmude companion who he can't actually do the deed with due to...compatibility problems, and feeling awkward about intimate contact, which keeps him from reciprocating. He's way too invested in crimefighting and punching evil. Not in the 'want to protect those I love by keeping them away' but 'NO TIME FOR THAT IT'S TIME FOR JUSTICE'.

Sometimes you just don't even think about it.

I was pretty much a monster for the better part of my early chain. Why should I feel the need to procreate when I don't have the biological drive for it?

My jumper has intimacy issues. And after a point my jumper kinda stopped interacting with NPCs and Main characters, plus he's not sure how to approach a relationship with any of the females since he pretty much raised them except his sister and soon waifu from a past life.

SMT powerlevels are bullshit.
I really wish I could answer your question with specifics but YHWH goes from ultimate whatever the plot demands buster to getting plebed on by a regularish guy who grinded a bunch and some demons.
He's joblike sometimes and godlike others. If it's just about attack strength he's got almighty damage on tap and can repeatedly nuke everyone in a party with gigadamage that can't be resisted. I wouldn't recommend trying to tank.

He's also maybe a fractal kind of thing with billions of alternate selves in other dimensions who are colluding? But SMT lore is a clusterfuck so take that bit with a heavy dosage of salt. I'm not going to pretend I understand it.

In a threesome with Roa and Arcueid.
It counts as having sex with someone if you have to struggle to keep your mind form being taken over by them at every moment as you have sex with someone else.

I believe the lore is that he was at his strongest in SMT 1 and then got beat by that games protagonist which split him into countless shards of varying strength after killing him.

Wets the appetite.

I'm sorry you had to go through that user, but I'm glad you had the mental fortitude to do so.

Jump # 70 Treasure Planet
Starting Location: The RLS Legacy
Background: Navy (100)
Perks:
*Home in the rigging (0)
*Stiff upper lip (100, Discount)
*Iron Discipline (200, Discount)
*Navigator (200)
*Funded an Expedition (200)
Equipment
*Ship (0)
*Trusty Crew (200)

Argh me matey batten down the hatches we sail the sea of the stars. Well this was a hell of a trip. So how many jumpers can say they survived a supernova leading in to a black hole. Well I can!

Geeze, I’ll be honest I was terrified, I just did what my instincts told me fought hard to save everyone and somehow, somehow It worked out. I even thwarted that evil spider bastard and saved the first mate by using a grappling hook.

After that we sort of hung that bastard of a spider from the mast. Captains orders but I can’t say I disagree.

Then came the Mutiny. Rather then came the attempted mutiny that we squashed like an over ripe piece of fruit. We knocked everyone out and tossed them in the brig but that left us short handed. So I had to talk to the captain, talk her in to giving them another chance. Talk to Hawking’s get him to offer a share of the massive treasure to the good for nothing pirates, then I had to talk the pirates in to not being pirates though the not being hanged part helped my case.

Then we made it to treasure planet and managed to figure out the secret to the location. And wouldn’t you know it the damn place was trapped. I was warning people but one of the good for nothing pirates set it off… so we grabbed what we could and ran like hell. We did manage to nab the memory of the little annoying robot even. So we didn’t get the treasures of a thousand worlds but everyone went home rich and everyone became famous. As for me the wealth and fame didn’t matter. I actually had fun.

It was in the first thirty worlds, long before I met the vampire who would become my wife in Hellsing, at Jump 62. Jump 33 - CATastrophe.

The crew at the time was mostly my four Pokémon-turned-human (Nali, Madarach, Rotom, and Aveline), Ria, and Derun. We had just finished tearing out all of our belongings from what Ancilla user has thus termed "The UST Machine" (The RV lab in Jurassic Park that we tore out all of the equipment and made it into a trailer because I didn't purchase any housing options whatsoever) and moving them over to the houseboat Madarach had purchased with CP.

Anywho, we were tethered to the S.S. Setting Sun, which made fuel easy to conserve. We... mostly spent that jump relaxing, while I was in the middle of massive bouts of PTSD due to previous jumps being Terra Formars, Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Carnivores, and Dresden Files. God only knows my companions were likely trying to heal from the same. Between that, a growing sense of pained ennui, and my drawback rendering me mute, I mostly worked on board the Setting Sun as a quiet, standoffish mechanic. We all sought to heal in our own ways.

She was a cream-blonde Nekomi who came on board a year into the jump, tethering her own small schooner alongside our houseboat. Was a ball of light and warmth that for some reason went to explore the engine room as I was working. Two weeks passed by and she kept coming to visit me, making conversation despite my lack of a voice. Every so often she would bring a few drinks, and share them. We would talk during those times - well... She talked, and I listened.

It was one of those days. The drink and the humid air in that engine room just... made it seem right when she made the first move, and I just went along with it. We were both healing each other through the one thing that made sense at that moment.

The next day she left after we reached an archipelago. I watched her sail off.

I never did learn her name.

>Jump 33
>33
Jesus fucking christ.

I AM WELL FUCKING AWARE, user.

WELL

AWARE

>Compatibility problems

Actually consider that I jumped Vampire the Requiem before Fist added that "do not become a Prince" thing, where originally you stayed in that jump as long as you needed to to finish that goal...

You're looking at over a thousand years before the proverbial cherry got popped.

Literally a wizard.

I'm pretty sure I'm coming up on 6000 myself

Well, do recall what he's working with here

Shut up Kars. How do you even have internet in space?

Being Shiki is Suffering. I basically ended up getting the Ciel good end by running to her after my sense of self started to wear down and getting her to try and hunt me down and kill me as I began to lost control. Then I stabbed myself in the heart while having fever dreams about raping, murdering, and zombifying everyone I knew, occasionally in that order even, and giggling about how fun it would all be. I counteracted much of his ability to make me do horrifying things by stealing psychedelic drugs from Kohaku towards and being constantly high enough to impair my ability to understand reality and thus my ability to act on it. It all ends with me as Arcueids not-quite vampiric familiar because I agreed to her deal while still high off a mix of cocaine, LSD, and assorted other shit I could find in a medicine cabinet.

Needless to say it was a long talk with Akiha about my drug fueled rampage where I half strangled a maid, destroyed all the furniture in my room, killed a bunch of alley cats while laughing about how their blood was red like a real persons, and twisted part of the mansion into non-euclidean space by killing the curvature of reality inside it while wearing a t-shirt and unbuttoned jeans with no underwear underneath. Also she learned I knew about magic. Talk about awkward conversations.

tl;dr Don't do drugs unless you have a vampire eating your soul.

Dude.

I did not need the feels at this hour.

Oh, that's easy. All you have to do is land on the ISS and threaten to eat the astronauts if they give you away.

You sound like an idiot with a lot of bad ideas.

They can be humanlooking
Sometimes
The previous pic still applies

>jumpers

Yeah, but Digital Love specifically gets heartbroken if you ask her to be human form and finds her roidmude/AI form to be natural

Because it's funny

>FTL Stands

I need redemption perks, I wanna befriend anything and show them the good path.
>Digger face while making that perk

The Johji made a wireless for him over on mars

Wait, you're dating number 033?

After getting a human form post Mystery Dungeon, she kept saying how she wanted me to show her how to use and what can be done with her human form.

My other companions joke about how she ended up taking the lead. Mostly because I was too stupid to see all the hints she was dropping.

Not specifically, it's just hard to find a blank Roidmude body
for obvious reasons

Completely and totally accurate

There were extenuating circumstance. Like the vampire taking over my soul and trying to get me to go on a rape-murder rampage and kill everyone in the city and possibly in the rest of Japan. I took the drugs to make myself unable to comprehend what I was doing because that way the vampire can't understand either. I never took drugs again after that because it was a horrible loss of control and my own personality done to beat an enemy that was trying to take over my mind. It was still definitely not a elegant solution but I panicked because I thought a murderous vampire was going to make me kill all my friends and enjoy it. Better to get so high I either can't understand my own actions or die then to be forced to kill everyone I love.

It sounds great on paper, but to actually do it.

This is actually retarded though. Like, too dumb to fail levels of stupid.

I must still question what led to this happening in the first place but I accept the reasoning for this course of action.

>I never took drugs again
I pity you.

How did you not OD?

Stalwart D. Tiger is still a virgin. He doesn't much care about sex for the purpose of pleasure, has no reason to produce an heir, and only recently has developed the right state of mind to even consider romance.

OOC:I have no fucking clue who I want to pair him up with, if anyone.

Hey, is this worth 600CP? pastebin.com/8mqrVUJM

It was a solution of a desperate person who was literally having their inhibitions eaten by a vampire in their soul. I'm not saying it was smart or wise or the best solution. I'm saying it was what Jumper did with the last scraps of his sanity in an attempt to get himself killed by Ciel or Arc before anyone else could get hurt.
With the benefit of hindsight Jumper would have tried to slit his throat the day before after realizing he couldn't resist the urges much longer instead of falling into a depressed heap trying not to open his bedroom door and murder his sister.

I was turning into a vampire so my heartbeat becoming hyper erratic wasn't actually lethal.

So...
where can i worship chaos?
Foreign branches not in warhammer is of course welcome.

Does Bigby count as "Human" Humanoid, or Talking Animal?
Due to the whole "werewolf" thing.

Yes. It's also incredibly meta and absurd.

What game?

I think the language needs some tightening up, but seems appropriate.

's RWBY.

RWBY
Not a game unfortunately.

Yes. Really should elaborate on how the people the perk draws actually help you, though. While it's somewhat clear if you know how Social Links work, if you don't have that type of context, it's easy to imagine this means someone's always gonna come in for the save if you're losing a fight or having a break down due to psychic interference or- you get the idea.

Well it DOES have a game.

Game's jank as shit tho.