EDH/Commander General

Carpetbombing edition

Old: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Anyone run decks that revolve around blowing shit up?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-05-17-atraxa-wip/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Anyone run decks that revolve around blowing shit up?
Ashling with a bunch of MLD.

Ashling and 99 mountains

This seems like one of the only generals up now since it's apparently Friday. Have some questions.

I know shit like Red decks are generally known for burn/aggro, but have they ever excelled at other play styles like combo or control?

Of course. Control/combo is actually more viable for mono-red than burn/aggro in EDH.

F E L D O N
E
L
D
O
N

What's with the confusion about being able to play islands in a non-blue deck? You can't play Mystic Monastery in Azorius either, so why could you play UB land in Gitrog?

Big Red or Skred are some famous ones.

Red tends to be good at combo and artifacts.

Because people don't understand the difference between fetches and lands that tap for mana.

I played a Kingdom game on cockatrice and I actually won as the Usurper

wasn`t expecting that.

If I had infinite money what cards would be best for my kozilek deck? Already have Mana Crypt, mana vault and grim monolith

He saw them, came to the "genius" conclusion that they're good in Gitrog, and wanted someone to tell him something contrary to what he knew so he could justifiably cheat.

A lot of questions around here are like that.

Another hobby

Guy who asked that stupid question here. I knew of the ruling on color identity but just wanted to confirm that it was still a thing, had a friend tell me it wasn't so anymore

So it's exactly what I said:

Haha thanks for the you friend! Upvoted with both my accounts!!

Metalworker, ancient tomb, rings of brighthearth, staff of domination, Grim Monolith, Karn Liberated, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mox Diamond, Mox Opal, Ugin, mishra's workshop, city of traitors.

Probably tabernacle as well, since you're gonna go tall instead of wide.

No its not you faggot fuck. You implied I was the idiot and when I was just confirming a stated fact

Stupid response for a stupid question, aniki

>
>He saw them, came to the "genius" conclusion that they're good in Gitrog, and wanted someone to tell him something contrary to what he knew so he could justifiably cheat.
>A lot of questions around here are like that.
Fuck it's so true. Why do people insist on being dicks at a cardboard pretend game?

Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other, then themselves.

Would you put null profusion in a yidris storm deck to keep the cascade value train rolling as long as possible? I have scroll rack and top plus a few other things so I think I could manipulate the top decking even with a maximum hand size of two

He probably just wanted to know what the price ceiling on Kozilek was, so he could make upgrades over time. Don't be rude, outouto.

I know you are but what am I, kyodai?

Post your partner decks and the strat they use!

I've got the exact same deck, it's pretty nuts. Also have a Tana and Tymna deck that goes wide with saprolings. Very deadly, but also very easy to win with commander damage.

>Asking about what the expensive colorless cards are in a format you're new to is a stupid question
I guarantee you're a faggot irl

veil smasher and threaseos

whats everyones c17 predictions?

Bruse + Tana naya aggro is the one I run and one of the more popular ones. It's weak as wet paper to removal though and I don't know how to fix it (besides the obvious 1-shot of Heroic Intervention)

Isn't everything weak to removal

The answer to weakness to removal is more card draw

I want to spice up my Atraxa deck a bit. Been thinking Planeswalkers to add as generic good stuff but those seem dull.

What are some cheeky, cheap, unorthodox cards that can be pretty stupid, silly and fun with her?

Current list for reference:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-05-17-atraxa-wip/

Things with card draw and mana ramp are pretty resilient to removal.

Angels
Dragons
Merfolk
Gods

Which Naya doesn't have that much of, unless I get lucky with landing a Shamanic Revelation or a Skullclamp.

Both of which are only useful before the wipe, I should add

4 tribes present in every color.

Humans
Angels
Elementals
Atogs? Can't think of a fourth.

>Harmonize
>Fruit of the First Tree
>Keen Sense
>Sixth Sense
>Staff of Nin
>Reforge The Soul
>Wheel of Fate

All inexpensive ($ wise) cards that can save the game for you. Fruit of the first tree overperforms constantly lol, it's SO good.

>Fruit of the First Tree
At least recommend Momentous Fall instead of jank garbage like that

Angels aren't in every color.

I say Slivers, Dragons, Angels, Elves.

>Anyone run decks that revolve around blowing shit up?

blows up literally everything and replaces it with eldrazi

Are you retarded? You play it on THEIR big guy and when it dies draw at least 5 cards. He's playing a token deck, Momentous Fall is shit for him.

Almost everything you've listed is either too slow or dies to creature removal since they're auras. Wheel effects only serve to reload other players' boardwipes.
>Momentous Fall
>in a voltron deck full of small critters

>Angels aren't in every color
There are White (most of them), Black (all fallen angels), Red (all angry/war angels), Green and Blue (the Alara angels as well as Sigarda/Bruna) Angels. They are represented to some extent in every color.

Humans
Eldrazi (colored)
Saprolings/Fungi
Constructs (colorless)

>play Fruit on buffed up Tana
>Tana gets wiped, gets put into commander zone
>draw 0 cards and lose an aura
clap

>too slow
>edh
pick one dunce.

Staff of Nin is an auto include in ANY deck that doesn't have black or blue. It NEVER gets targeted, so should they not happen to be dropping vandalblast or bane of progress to deal with other shit, you're getting an extra card every turn for the rest of the game and an extra damage to deal with mana dorks or just hit them in the face every turn, for 6 mana. It's legitimately an amazing card in EDH.

>There are players on Cockatrice/XMage who actually play this
How is it not banned yet fucking hell

Eldrazi unfortunately won't happen. They have too much story relevance and their only characters are the Titans, which are either dead or bound to the moon and are all pure colorless mana.

Why would you play it on Tana?

I play it in my Sidar Kondo deck and just put it on him, the next time someone plays a board wipe I get 5 life + 5 cards for 4 mana. Worth it all day long.

Okay misread at first. Assuring the big guy dies is inconsistent though, since the deck's removal consists of targeted exile.
How often do you play EDH?
Because either there are big critters around and she struggles to do something or I buff her above the rest and then she does something.
Getting put into command zone is a replacement effect, so unless you bin him into the graveyard you don't get anything.

it's only 90$ in italian
how i got mine

>You play it on THEIR big guy
Sac in response, cast removal in response, let it apply and then exile/bounce/flicker it, let it apply and destroy the enchantment etc.
Also it doesn't even work with commanders if you take them to the command zone.

While I agree with you, I was actually thinking of post-Rise of the Eldrazi/pre-Battle for Zendikar Eldrazi era where the three titans were freed from their prison.

The titans seems to be able to use colored spells at this time so giving one of three titans a (multi)color identity could work. But yeah, it's going to be forced.

I bought a guitar for $90

Null profusion is a powerful card, but I generally wouldn't cast it unless I expect to win that turn

>It's legitimately an amazing card in EDH.
Calm down there, slugger. Red's wheels and green's creature-based draw will outperform Staff of Nin in most decks. It's a good low budget card, but I wouldn't call it amazing.

I play interesting Instruments

Because Sheldon plays blue decks.

This is my logic every time someone asks me why my most expensive edh deck is $80.

>I could go buy a REALLY nice guitar for how much your gay ass deck costs, so no, I don't want your gay ass deck. I get by just fine without the preators and planeswalkers.

>having more than one
for why?

Ur mum gave me the ol rimmy jimmy for 90$

More than one guitar? Because one is for blues and the other is for progressive nonsense.

>spending 1000$ on magic
>spending 1000$ on a gutair
if you are under 30 spending any amount of money on a hobbie is pathetic and stupid

go travel stupid ass, live life with that kind of money

just retune it
waste of money

>Implying I have $1,000 to spend on either
Would sure be nice, user.

But yeah, no, I'm 26 and I have two $300 guitars and three $60-90 decks that all get the job done just fine.

God I would bomb the fuck out of Titania's carpet. If you know what I mean.

What if traveling doesn't interest me?

nice trash can gutair
>top tier card 90$
>shitty gutair 90$

least the low end of magic is .5 cents for card

then you're either
1. a nerd
2. too poor to do it and convinced yourself you hate it

The funny part is that you think 1% of a deck is worth 100% of a guitar.

>top tier card
>90$
Oh didn't realize we were in the standard general

I don't know what you mean.

t. Upper class white college girl

I can scribble a bunch of stats on a piece of hard paper, slot it in a sleeve and have it be equally playable as a $90 card. Can you say the same about a guitar?

>not being a nerd
Why are you here normie?

>mana drain isn't the best counterspell besides FOW
explain

>Veeky Forums
>nerd
What did he mean by this?

>(((counterspells))

Well Misstep is the best counterspell.

>letting people do what they want and watching people win
t. green player

>being born poor

You don't want to go get raped by Muslims in Germany/France/Sweden/UK/etc? Weird.

DESU I've traveled quite a bit and it kind of bothers me
>Go to Coliseum
>Fat white American tourists and greasy wops trying to sell me shit
>go to Eiffel Tower
>Fat white American tourists and disgusting sand niggers trying to sell me shit
>Go to see the cathedrals of Spain
>Fat white American tourists and sweaty moops trying to pickpocket me
>Go to see Grand Canyon
>Fat white and Mexican American tourists peeing on donkeys and sucking each other off
Tbh there's literally no place I would rather live or be or see or travel to than my beautiful home in Alberta Canada

Fuck travelling. Every country I've been to besides Ireland, everyone was a fucking asshole. Traveling is good once in a while, but most countries are completely shit tier.

I'd rather spend my money on a hobby I enjoy than on spending a week with stuck up French assholes.

>I'm so rich I can invest money, where do I put that cash?
>I know let's spend it on overpriced cardboard by some wizard kikes

>I'm so poor I think $1,000 is an investment

Holy shit your life must be terrible.

>Every country I've been to besides Ireland, everyone was a fucking asshole.

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.

That's thrice the minimum monthy wage here, why should I spend it on cards?

i make 90k a year and i wont pay that much for a deck either because its fucking retarded to spend a grand on fucking cardboard

honestly if you pay over $200 for a deck you are ann idiot

>90k

goblin wizards
merfolk dragons
zombie snakes
angel spirits
Each box will be 4 color
each box will have two legends and a commander pw. The commander walker
will be multi color and be auxiliary famous walkers that are still alive, ie rakdos tibalt
The "red" deck wont have chaos warp or blood moon and will be aimless
They will reprint krosan grip in the "blue" deck because it will be pushing simic
The other two decks will be what you'd expect but will both have mutavaults and this will upset merfolk players because the merfolk deck wont have a mutavault
A new goblin will give all non permenant spells you control conspire
A new angel will be an updated version of corvax
A new zombie will support a proliferate theme but also will have drs' ability to eat spells from the gy to drain. It will also have a ghetto regenerate.
A new dragon will allow you to reassign blockers but the ability will be tragically overcosted. It will also have haste.
None if these cards will synergize with the precons but will make sense with one of the commanders.

Found the trust fund 16 year old who has literally no idea what money is.

You've never been to France or Turkey have you?

If you knew what money was you wouldn't be crying on Veeky Forums that other people are rich :^)

>save 2 dollars a day for a year
>buy a Gitrog deck
>people laugh at my shitty budget deck
Feels fucking bad.