sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/...
Which magic item could a player most easily break your game with?

The Deck of Many Things is usually the answer.

Shutouts to Luck Blades, sufficiently intelligent players can word a wish in such a way that any campaign would be derailed unless the DM straight up broke the game to say no.

>Word a Wish
Nothing but a meme, wishes aren't granted by some force of literalization or metaphor, they are either granted by an outside source, or attained through self study. In either case, grammar nazis don't control the outcome, and only bad DMs will pull that shit. If a creature is bound/forced to grant a wish, and has to do so literally for some reason, whatever, but that isn't generally the case outside of actual contract wishes.

>t. fag who wants to break the game with wish

Our lv 12 Land Druid and Conjuration Wizard are going to have a 3 round Pokemon battle with summons, who will win?

How exactly does wish break anything?

Wish has some pretty big limitations, and at the point where you should get it, the things you are fighting can't just be wished away.

And then it has a good chance of never working again.

So I want to make a dedicated healer/support character. I'm heavily considering life cleric, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth taking any levels in paladin to compliment it.

I play a life cleric in our CoS campaign, but so far I've felt more like a tank along our Barbarian.

I don't think taking a level or two in paladin is worth it. You don't get anything from it.

the land druid because it gets more than three summon spells

Are you going to be melee? Is that why you wanted to go paladin?
If you want to be melee healer man then go 3 levels into hexblade bladelock so you can get the massive hexblade smites, melee cantrips, and some other free shit

If anything, you should be taking a few levels of bard.

That's what I want. To be a tanky healer.

I see

It's mainly incase I end up in melee. I'd rather be able to handle myself a little than be a sitting duck

Why bard?

>Why bard?
Song of rest and basic inspiration.

True, good mechanics. Hard to explain in terms of story though.

>MM, Variant: Genie Powers
>Depending on the genie's nature, the genie might try to pervert the intent of the wish by exploiting the wish's poor wording. The perversion of the wording is usually crafted to be to the genie's benefit.

What the fuck is Orcus doing there?

It really isn't though

Why would a cleric want to become a bard? Who would he be able to find to teach him these bardic skills?

Is 5e really doing poorly?
Is 5e really as bland as others have made it out to be?

In melee you can just use the cantrip sacred flame or the new UA cantrip toll the dead
since they're not ranged attacks you won't be penalized for it

You're looking at classes in an obtuse way.
Classes can just be abstraction for your character's abilities.
You didn't literally "take a level in bard", you became able to inspire your allies with words, something I think fits religious preacher types just fine.
I think a lot of people try to make this into a problem and I don't see the benefit. Classes don't need to be so rigid.

It definitely isn't doing poorly.
Some people find it bland.

Hmm, that's an interesting way of looking at it. I'm just very used to clearly defined archetypes. Anywhere I could read more about this idea?

Oh shit, /5eg/, it's time to roll up for the new campaign!
What's the coolest non-standard (human, elf, dwarf) race out there? I'm talking Kenku, Genasi, etc. I'd love to hear what race you love and why they're great.

It's pretty good. Not a lot of options but then again this prevents system bloating. Everything is intuitive (roller always wins when you match the DC), including combat options. Once you know your options you'll pretty much never forget them again.

The books are very streamlined except for some mistakes like starting packages being kinda hard to find at first.

That said, adventurer's league is really bad. Removes GM (and player) agency; one of the greatest aspects of tabletop roleplaying. The scenarios are good for inspirations, though.

To the other folk who got A Touch of Class to be an edgy-demon-man, we got screwed over.

Seems like they put all their effort into the Morph, Alchemist, and Cardcasters.

Super bland compared to 3.5 master ed

Nah

I miss prestige classes

The Choir instructor obviously.

They made one for UA. Rune something or other.

I'll ask again for funsies and general brainstorming since I didn't get much last time.
I'm about to get in to a campaign based in a greek mythology-type setting. The Greek pantheon has been confirmed to be in use, and the only things that've been banned are Aarakocra, Artificer, and Mystic.

Do you guys got any ideas for PC ideas? Nothing I have would be relevant for it. I'm not ENTIRELY certain if they'd allow other mythology-type things in it, but it's possible they might.

That could honestly have been a feat instead.

Assuming DM lets them choose conjures, and the conjures only attack each other and not the caster, then whoever summons first should lose because the other caster will summon something to counter it. Druid has the edge because of more options Conjure Fey, Conjure Woodland Beings and Conjure Animals not being available to Wizards, while Conjure Minor Elementals and Conjure Elemental are. Be interesting to see 16 mephits vs a Galeb Duhr though.

>I really hope dust and midway have actual stuff for the players.

Looking to get his shit ruined by psionic blasts.

Well, here's a couple of ideas:

Minotaur Fighter (Champion) with the Noble background - Descendant of Asterion, Minoan Prince, and pious servant of the gods.

Human Barbarian (Zealot) with the Soldier background - You are like Akhilleus, searching for your moment of Aristeia, Excellence. That one moment in battle where you will live forever. Even if you die afterwards.

Tiefling (SCAG variant with Devil's Tongue) Warlock (Fey) with the Hermit background - Nearest you can come to a Satyr. Your pact is with Pan or Dionysus (So if you go bladelock, you're probably best off having a quarterstaff or club as a Thyrsus)

Dragonborn Sorcerer (Favoured Soul) with the Sage background - You're a descendant of Python, servant of Gaia. Your ancestor was slain by jealous Apollo, as it guarded Delphi. You carry Python's gift of prophecy in your blood, making you an oracle just as great as any of Apollo's. They just really don't like you.

Legendary Resistance, and he doesn't give a shit.

I don't get Gnomes. Where are they supposed to fit, in terms of flavor? I guess they're still better than tieflings and half-breeds

Weird little midgets that like messing with stuff

They are to halflings what elves are to humans

Jerks?

yes

>Can everyone be there on X?
>Everyone says yes
>1 day before D&D day
>"haha I cant come guys I have other plans"
This is not ok

Elder brain is ded. Orcus is reviving it.

This. I really don't understand.

Good Guy Orcus.

Play without them. If repeated, kick them from the game. I'd rather play without you than not play at all.

Okay, how do I make a necromancer? The necromancy wizard school subclass seems lacking.

He just wants some undead friends to play with

Using the necromancy wizard sub school and taking necromancy spells

got a group of 5 level 9-11 people

is a Death Knight a bit much for a boss fight? i'll probably just use the monster manual stats for it

Since the new UA came out I started playing a Life Cleric 1/ Favoured Soul 3

Makes a great tanky utility healer.

If the death knight is alone they will be fine

That's probably the best option right now, evil clerics can't even command undead instead of turning.
If you're allowed homebrew, then the Diabolist from A Touch of Class has a bunch of undead options

i'll toss in a few skellingtons every now and then but yeah he's mostly solo

Is Colossal not a thing anymore?

I still don't get sorcerers, if you are so naturaly good at magic why won't you just fucking learn it like any normal wizard does and be especially good at it.

It should be okay, what's the party composition? I'm guessing they'll be weathered when they face him?

2 bards, a rogue, barb, and wiz. at around 70-80% since iirc i gave em a short rest after clearing out the middle third of the dungeon

They aren't naturally good at magic. Its just a part of them

They should be fine then as long as the barb has health and a rage and the bards/wizard have some spell slots

I am not the DM and we decided to just play a board game instead

How would you word spell sharing.

When you cast [buff spell on self], you may have that spell also effect 1 creature within 30 feet of you.

When a creature within 30 feet of you casts [buff spell on themselves or an ally] you may have that spell also effect you.

Well I mean shouldn't it kinda make you consider pursuing your knowledge in magic if you already have some magical powers from birth?
Like wouldn't someone with natural magic abilities be a better wizard than some pleb?
It just always seemed kinda weird to me.

Wizardry is math, Sorcery is art.

Is regaining spent x/Day abilities after a short rest very unbalancing?

I really do appreciate all these ideas. So far the team's looking to be a Minotaur of undetermined class and an Elf styled as something more fitting as a Ranger.

Difference in manifestation.

The Wizard uses a rote formula to manipulate magical energies to produce a spell. These formulae are contained in their spellbook.

A sorcerer channels their innate magical energies to produce a spell (for example spell points), needing no formula to do so, but also meaning they don't have as many options.

You can, however, combine these effects, but you need to be more skilled in manipulating your innate magical energies (i.e. reached third level for metamagic) which you can then use to boost your rote spells by flowing in extra power (spell points)

Er sorry, sorcery points.

If x is less than or equal to 2, it's on long rest
If x is greater than or equal to 2, it's 1 or 2 on a short rest

>If x is greater than or equal to 2, it's 1 or 2 on a short rest
If x is greater than 2, it's 1 or 2 on a short rest

I'm sorry, I haven't slept.

What is this from?

Once more in English please. I'm new to 5e.

My party attacked the statue in the Amber Temple.... They were so smart, what happened?

Even going easy on them they are going to die. They're not even breaking Nefron's line of sight!

I assumed you were converting a 3.5 system to 5e.

Yes, giving long rest abilities on short rests makes caasters way too good again. Everyone in the party should take 2 levels of divination wizard.

Yes. think of it like this, one of the strengths of martials is that they can truck on after a short rest. Yes they will lack some resources but they can still do a lot of stuff.

Meanwhile casters need long rests to gain their spells back.

Although I'm out of 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th level spells. He only has fireball left to do serious damage with. If the party can get a shot or two in before he runs they might bring him down.

I just don't understand lore wise why won't someone with innate magical abilitied decide to actually study magic and instead just rolls with milking what they have.
Is wizard magic and sorcerer magic not the same thing then, in that sorcerer powers won't give you any benefits in studying wizard magic?

No worries, and I get what you mean with the notations now. Cheers for the advice, will keep that in mind.

You could also do an Amazon as a human (or Aasimar) Paladin of Conquest with the Outlander background. Focus on their warrior nature and worship/descent from Ares.

Or a Goliath Forge Cleric as one of Haephestus' Cyclopean worshippers.

If you want to be from another country, you could go for a human wizard (theurge) from Egypt as a worshipper of Thoth/Hermes.

Sounds like Out of the Abyss.

Not directly, you'd need metamagic to affect wizardy spells.

But there're several reasons. Most commonly that they don't have the opportunity to learn.

From a small village with no wizard tower, they have to teach themselves magic through experimentation.

Last page of Volo's Guide

Does Intensify Spell exist yet in 5e?

Of course not, 5e doesn't have epic level.

Well that's where I have problem with this explanation, like not every sorcerer comes from the same background right?
What if this person would be born in the big city with a wizard guild or something like this. Like you can kinda write them becoming rogues or warriors with arcane trickster or eldrich knight, but what if it's someone with innate magical powers who goes to become a wizard?

You don't really need an explanation anymore since Ability Score isn't tied in to spell levels available. There's no reason for sorcerer not to just be a subclass of wizard.

Well shit I guess I need to read rules more, still haven't got used to 5e that much.

Paladins have been something I've been considering, too, or a Warforged as some sort of thing Haephestus or someone of the like created. Honestly, the only thing I want to avoid considering is a full caster, because in all two of the campaigns I've been in I've played a Sorcerer and Wizard respectively, the latter because I was shoehorned in to it.
One of the first things that comes to mind that I'd like to make is a Triton paladin, but I can't recycle my old idea entirely, at least since I don't quite know of a proper underwater civilization or the like in Greek myth, only a few scattered monsters, Poseidon and some demigods.

The general fluff is that wizards use their book smarts while sorcerers just feel it out. Sorcerers don't go to wizard school because the structure and method of learning doesn't fit with them. A sorcerer could go to wizard school, and do alright, but they would be learning in a suboptimal fashion for the way they work. This is shown in stats by their spells being less accurate and more easily resisted.

Wizards learn by books and studying, their knowledge of the arcane translates into precise, powerful application. Boring, cold, effective.

Sorcerers learn by doing. Their methods may not always have rhyme or reason, and they may be flashy as hell for no reason, but the difference between each sorcerer's method puts them all at an advantage.

Could I please get some advice as to the following wording?

The Morninglord Lathander deals damage that is divine in nature. This damage ignores resistances and deals half as much damage to creatures with immunity to the damage type.

His puissance over the dawn means fire and radiant spells cast by him are always considered to be empowered.

Ah, and something I was just told is that it's simply heavily "inspired" by it and isn't actually in Greece itself.

What are some good uses of the rogues Fast Hands?
"Starting at 3rd level, you can use the Bonus Action granted by your Cunning Action to make a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check, use your thieves’ tools to disarm a trap or open a lock, or take the Use an Object action".

Anyone have a warforged pc pdf?

Why are Eldritch Knights so shit? It's a cool idea but they're completely fucking pointless until at least level 7 and you don't get to cast a non-cantrip and attack until level 18! 18! You can't do the whole point of the class until level 18. Shite.

>how would you fix Eldritch Knights?

Well, if that's what you're wanting for a character archetype, you'll probably want to go with a varhuman wizard with the magic initiate feat.

What are the best feats for wizard? Is it worth going variant human just for a feat?

I dunno, a fighter than can give himself haste, cast shield and (provided you took the war caster feat, which you should as an eldritch knight) has the biggest opportunity attacks in the game seems pretty alright to me