Fantasy Craft

Yo, teeg, I got a question about Fantasy Craft. How's that Research supposed to work? Way I read it, it takes you longer to research something if you're in a big library than if you're not. What gives? Spread your wisdom-butter all up on my brain-bread!

Also, Fantasy Craft general? I guess??

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/63884/Fantasy-Craft-Second-Printing
mediafire.com/download/rscnai437ptu23k/FantasyCraft.torrent
mediafire.com/folder/nzs6xsnzbid4t/Fantasy_Craft
dropbox.com/sh/5dkzgw3cn842eyw/AACivEvWTEODXQgsjBPsHv8wa?dl=0
crafty-games.com/fantasy-craft-print-bundle/
meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/NPCBuilder.html
sletchweb.wikidot.com/fc-origin-creation
crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=8257.msg160117#msg160117
crafty-games-fans.wikia.com/wiki/Class_Creation_Guidelines_(Mastercraft)
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7JqPtKRnUBYTkF0YlYxNllQN0hXY0V2c01xa1QzWGd6OF9J/view
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pasta, while I research Research.

>Noteworthy points:
Drastically reined-in magic system putting casters on equal footing with non-casters
Classes and the game as a whole designed to ensure everyone can contribute in a wide range of circumstances, even outside their primary niche
Separate cash and Reputation economies keep mundane gear relevant and magic items special
Custom monster and NPC design is a breeze
Optional Campaign Qualities tweak mechanics to suit your preferred style and tone

>If you have the money and want to support the game
drivethrurpg.com/product/63884/Fantasy-Craft-Second-Printing

>If you want to try before you buy
mediafire.com/download/rscnai437ptu23k/FantasyCraft.torrent
mediafire.com/folder/nzs6xsnzbid4t/Fantasy_Craft
dropbox.com/sh/5dkzgw3cn842eyw/AACivEvWTEODXQgsjBPsHv8wa?dl=0

Other useful links:

>Errata & accessories
crafty-games.com/fantasy-craft-print-bundle/

>Web NPC builder
meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/NPCBuilder.html

>Custom PC Species creation guides
sletchweb.wikidot.com/fc-origin-creation

>Species feat creation guide & reference spreadsheet
crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=8257.msg160117#msg160117

>Class design guidelines
crafty-games-fans.wikia.com/wiki/Class_Creation_Guidelines_(Mastercraft)

>Leaked Spellbound Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7JqPtKRnUBYTkF0YlYxNllQN0hXY0V2c01xa1QzWGd6OF9J/view

It's finding a single piece (or a few pieces) of information in an increasingly larger amount of information. Even in our modern libraries, if you're looking for a list of, say, diseases that affect the eye, you would be able to find many books on the subject very quickly; the book number and index inside the book make it "Well organized" and the medical books on the eye make it "Linked to all other info in area". However, if you're looking in a huge and well stocked library, then you're going to have over a dozen very thick tomes on the subject. Thus, it would take you possibly days to make your list.

However, if you are in the middle of a desert and you only have one 400+ page tome, it's going to take considerably less time to go through everything. If that tome is titled, "Things a Country Chirurgeon Should Know About Everything: A Guide to Practice, Etiquette and Stead-Keeping" which has neither a table of contents nor an index and the section about eyes just happens to be after the chapter about weeds, it might still be difficult to make your list.

So, in the first instance, you have thousands of books (4d6 days) but it's well organized (halve the base time) which leads you directly to the eye chapters (quarter the base time). Thus the base time (4-24 days, average of 14 days) will be vastly reduced; reaching a range of .5-3 days and averaging 1.75 days. DC 16
The second instance, you have one book (1d6 hours) but it's entirely disorganized (double base time) and the info you're looking for is nowhere near anything else related to it (quadruple the base time). Thus the base time (1-6 hours, average of 3.5 hours) it vastly increased; reaching a range of 8-48 hours and averaging 28 hours. DC 24

As you see, it takes longer to go through more books (or the like), but it's only slightly longer and much easier under the best of conditions than going through a single book under the worst conditions.

This assumes that the info is even there to start.

Was I too verbose?

Yeah that was a lot of words. But I love Fantasy Craft and am happy that it's getting some attention.

Ah, I see. So I was write, ye get boned (on time) if you go to a huge library to research stuff. Your explaination makes it make sense, though, so thanks!
No you weren't, I just hopped away for a bit

You might want to move your notes, user. For me, at least, they're very hard to get to show up and not have my mouse interact with the stuff in the background

And, for me, they're perfect. Every program that supports it shows the notes in slightly different places, so I cannot find a good place to put every note for every program.

Fair enough. You're the one that has to deal with the sheet

Ha, not really. That was something I made for a lark and to learn.

Oh, well then I hope you learned somethin' fun

>So I was write
Jesus fucking Christ I just noticed what I did

Bumpin' with pre-gens.
Hope the thread will survive the night.

Can you speak more about the "Separate cash and Reputation economies"? I've never liked DnDs mountains of gold that are eventually worthless approach.

What would you guys think of a campaign with Feat Exchange (Species)? The idea is that the players are all making monstrous character and could continue to make them even more monstrous as the campaign goes on.

Yeah, gimme a bit

While currency is used for the usual weapons, armor, food, supplies, inns, some things require a higher standing to aquire. That's where reputation comes in. You get a little at the end of each adventure depending on your character options. The GM can of course sprinkle more in as rewards. Using it represents using your good name or calling in favours. All magical items are priced in reputation instead of cash. The worth of them simply can't be measured in currency. Reputation is also used to aquire land, contacts and titles. Everything from a small shop to a private island is bought with reputation. It can also be spent on more temporary favours like court invitations and getting pardoned for crimes.

Titles come in three kinds of renown: military, noble and heroic. The more renown you have the more magical items, holdings and contacts you're allowed to keep at the end of each adventure. Certain favours require a certain level of renown before they can be purchased. Some classes also depend on renown. One example would be the inquisitor that gets bonuses to the intimidate and investigate skills the more noble renown the character has.

If we're talking Crafty Games ITT, has anyone got a link for the Spycraft 2.0 rulebook? Been trying to find it since I heard they were making Kingsman 2

Cash (silver, hereafter) is gained like in any other game, with one exception. Characters have a Lifestyle stat, this is split by the player between Prudence and Panache. Prudence is simply how much silver you get to bank out of everything you earned after you spend it on what-have-you. Thus, you can either invest in items or bank a certain amount based on your Prudence. Panache, being the other half of Lifestyle, gives you personal flair in the form of Appearance (which is for CHA checks) and income. At the end of an adventure or if you haven't gotten your money for a month, you receive a sum that flatly increases as your Panache increases. Silver, once you have it, can be spent on weapons, armor, food, supplies, inns and other mundane things.

Silver can be earned in wildly differing amounts, but character will usually have about 200-300 silver per level at best. Useful items range in cost up to the tens of thousands of silver in gross.

Reputation is gained at the end of an adventure, when awarded by the GM or at other times due to character options. Reputation gained at the end of an adventure is bolstered by a character's Legend stat. Reputation is spent on Renown, Magical Items, Contacts and Holdings. Renown is how well the character is known in a particular way (Noble, Military or Heroic) and affects how many Prizes (cool things) and the difficulty of Favors you can purchase. Magical Items aren't usually purchased, rather when a character wants to keep a found item he must burn a certain amount of his reputation to be able to permanently keep it. Contacts are, essentially, temporary character abilities that you can call in. Holdings are places that you purchase and can upgrade to be cool hideouts, forts and such.

Reputation is usually gained in amounts of 10-25 for a successful adventure and, without GM excess, will cap at about 60 for a truly epic worthy adventure. Expect 2-5 adventures per level. Magic Items cost up to and exceeding 100 reputation. Favors can cost up to ~40 rep. A Contact's cost can vary wildly based on the NPC, up to ~70. Renown usually costs 300 to max out one of the three tracks.

why are health potions so ridiculously weak in FC?

Healing Potions is 1d4 wounds, that's pretty strong. But, you probably meant Vitality Potions which do 2d6 vitality. That's in addition to the 1 vitality per hour of rest, and the 2d6 from the once per day Mend check. Also, when you have 200+ vitality, replenishing that just makes the fight drag on.

even 1d4 wounds is weak, given you can only drink what, two per day? was it just one? The non-healing potions are decent, but these are piss weak. A 4th level soldier is going to have probably at least 56 hp, so why would he ever waste precious silver on an average of 7 points healed? His wounds will be 14ish. They should scale, at least. So like, 1 wounds +1 per two character levels, and for vitality maybe 1d6 per level.

Also, why did they go with a flat hp per level? Why not roll 1d6, 1d9 (lol), or 1d12 per level? Especially considering hp bloat is a common complaint?

There's no point in scaling the wound potions since wounds don't increase much as a character progresses. Just recovering 1d4 wounds could save your life when a crit comes in. As for vitality you recover it so quickly by resting that scaling potions isn't necessary. It will only make fights last longer, nothing else.

As for vitality per level, no one is keeping you from rolling it if you want. I prefer static though.

Scaling healing would break the game.

Randomizing health gains punishes low vitality classes a lot and just trims down high vitality classes a little.

well is vitality bloat a problem or not?

I don't think so, as a person with very little experience in Fantasy Craft. Every character I've seen made by someone who knew the system better than I seems to pump their CON out the ass for their Wounds to be higher.

'Cause, remember, a critical hit ignores Vitality completely