Dungeons: The Dragoning 40k 7E

It's time for everyone's bombastic clusterfuck of a game, Dungeons: The Dragoning!

Previous Thread
Important Links:

>Google Drive (has all of the books and other useful stuff)
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8z4Cy1zaGU1bnJMaDE4WDZZUlk

>1d4chan (recently got updated)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Dungeons:_the_Dragoning_40,000_7th_Edition

>Zetaboard (where people post homebrew)
s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/index/

>Homebrew Directory (where most of the homebrew is conveniently compiled)
s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30044748/1/

So, anyone testing out homebrew? Any issues come up so far? Make sure to discuss them, otherwise the homebrewers don't know what to fix and what to keep the same.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TSKnHP5nuTo
s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10182387/1/
s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30050014/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does there really need to be a Jew classline?

The titan is the dumbest exalt I've ever seen. one of the guys in my group took it. adventures boil down to "he steps on them" now.

Unfortunately, that's why Panzers get a bad rep. They break the game balance because you become the guy that brought a Hind-D to a knife fight.

That, and vehicle creation is prone to cheese. You can make a vehicle that's "just" a gun, maybe on a shopping trolley.

youtube.com/watch?v=TSKnHP5nuTo
>implying you don't want to play liquid snake

It might rival the European for silliest homebrew in the forum.

European, if you can get past the silliness, is actually a really solid exaltation for social characters.

Yeah, it should be a race.

Remember, this is a DTD thread. If you are playing a game that is not DTD, you are not needed in this thread. If the system or setting is nto DTD< it is not a DTD game, and should be placed in a more appropriate thread.

Remember not to respond to shitty bait. Just a reminder.

I love running guns from the Hive to the border worlds in Dark Heresy. Totally unrelated to DtD, not even close to something that can be discussed here, nope.

Fuck you son, Generals are shit.
Way to go out of your way to try to drive away people that might be interested.

>Game of DtD
>Party are basically shadowrunners
>Have to intercept a shipment going through the Hive in Sigil
>Party comes up with a bunch of ideas, including flooding the Hivescum with tons of cheap guns so they can cause a riot and help distract, disrupt and take down the shipments
>Mostly forget about it
>Intercepting the shipment now more hands on when they run out of time since they were pulling in so many directions at once
>While heading through layers of the Underhive, assaulted by gangers with tons of firepower

There was smiling and nodding from the party with an "oh yeah, we did that didn't we"

You can get an AC/20 on a shopping cart as a Very Rare item. Moreover, if you're willing to shell out a whole point of Holdings, you can get an ARMORED AC/20 on a shopping cart.

What is the more appropriate thread if you are only one of those two?

AC/20 is entry level, real men use the full auto ones because the accuracy is so much better.

D:tD's setting is so flexible and vague that it could really be anything that conforms roughly to the cosmology.

Something that hasn't really come up,

Are there any REQUESTS for specific mechanics that you would like to pitch, that you're not sure of how to implement, such as for a sword school, feat, exalt, or artifact material? Please share the ideas! This game is more or less owned by everyone who plays, and it's encouraged to add your ideas.

>Too many overly specific things
>solution: Make more overly specific things!

>Community complains about circlejerk
>Community complains about being asked for input

>Community

Nice one.

>Ask for input
>Someone tells you to stop making overly specific trash that doesn't fit the setting
>NOT THAT INPUT

My gm wants to run a JoJo themed game. not taking place during one of the parts, but there's still stand users running around and shit. any advice on what I can build with?

There are like 10 different "Stand" exalts. Even in the base game, there's Atlanteans that get a "Stand" when they spend resource.

>overly specific trash that doesn't fit the setting
Do you mean Jew, or are there more? If so, lay it on me.

There's already a lizard people race.

There's a few.

>Atlantean
>Gemini
>Bound
>Deviant
>Ghostwalker

Oh, and Solar for Hamon.

Y'know what? yeah, I'm gonna run with a solar then. thanks user.

make sure to use the one on the forum, and not from book 3.

>s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10182387/1/

You're welcome, fellow user. You might want to tell your friends about the other options, so that you can all be different Exalts and still be Stand Users.

Ghostwalker is not so good. The earlier version it replaced was better.

they're the ones who regularly play this game. they just asked me in because they needed a third pc. would've just played an atlantean but one of them is doing that and I don't want to overlap with them.
what's wrong with ghostwalker?

Deviant is good for unique powersets like Blackmore and Risotto Nero.

That was not meant to be for the OP, darn phoneposting.

Just to be sure, your GM allows homebrew, right?

Solar should work fine, then. It gets some magic, but is far more about physical action.

Seems like that's a hot opinion right there. You can't just say that stuff doesn't fit and then not give any examples.

apparently he got the idea after seeing an exalt that was literally diavolo. pretty sure he is.

That's the Gemini. You can build two characters and switch between them. One of the assets replaces the second character with what is practically a Stand.

And with the assets you can get Valentine, the Eleven Men, and most punchghosters.

Yeah, question. I peeked at the revision thread for exalts. Are you going to add a 4th Paragon asset to replace the moved one?

There's racial paragon assets. I think they might just install those instead.

Jews, Scions, Video Game Exalt,

Bone dolls, Keybladers

Homebrew doesn't need to be good necessarily but as someone said, sometimes people want something really specific and make that instead of adapting or actually using roleplay. Thus you end up with something hyperfocused but often worse than more general and typical set up.

I want to run a game using the same setting as FF7. Basically happening at the same time as the games, but there's no Sephiroth or Cloud and Co, Just president Shinra being a greedy dick. any advice?

There are Hearthstones in the game that could be used like Materia.
If you're something like a SOLDIER it could be set up as some of the different Exalts.

>Bone dolls
What's a bone doll?

Jews are a fun tongue in cheek thing honestly. The class idea is interesting, it's just that the reference seems to have taken a bit too much of a front focus.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the keyblader is supposed to be a soulknife. I feel like that should be a class rather than an exalt, but I don't think there's anything objectively WRONG with having soul-bound weapons.

Scions are a bit unfocused, it's true. I think all the alternates should probably just be condensed into one 'demi-god' Exalt.

I've got no excuse for the Jew. I don't even know why it was made.

Scions are okay build-wise, and I don't have a big issue with them as homebrew. They do have roots in White Wolf, so could lead to some fun adaptions.

Homebrew doesn't always need to follow the established setting either. Sometimes putting together some stuff and offering it to others to use or refluff is nice.

I presume the easiest way to have SOLDIERs would be to just make them paragons right?

It's the Boneca, which is an attempt at making an Exalt dependent on having resource to stay awake.

I care about mechanics more than fluff for homebrew personally, so if something works mechanically I'll just refluff it to fit. The European exalt is a good example of this.

I made the Jew because I was playing the Stick of Truth and wondering if anyone had done it. When I found out no one had, I set to work.

I've deleted it because yeah, this shouldn't see the light of day. It's backed up in case anyone actively wants it, but otherwise it's gone.

Yes, I didn't want to say it but Paragon is the easiest option for that. I'm not a fan of having multiples of the same exalt among players however.

If everyone's the same race and exalt, then it's easier for everyone to branch out with different classes, spells, sword schools, and suchforth.

Multiple Stardust Gemini...except for one dude who wanted to be the fucking strong and chose Deviant with all powers having a blast radius.

Neither am I, but some days I really can't think of what else would fit. I know the one guy who always plays magic characters is probably going to roll an atlantean refluffed as a cetra, but otherwise I have no idea.

Paragon is surprisingly good for that since it lacks a focus in any subject. It's also kind of bland, since it's got pretty much zero setting explanation.

When you said Bone dolls, you did mean the boneca, right? As >53401614 said?

I have a feeling that it's a South Park reference.

It was.

So my group got tpk'ed last session so the SM is starting up a fresh setting. we're bored and want something new. anybody got some recent stuff that needs playtesting?

There's discussion of buffing some of the weaker core exalts and balancing some of the more OP ones. Testing some of those out might be nice.

I'll ask the guys but we've played most things in the core book already. tuning is nice but half the stuff we run at this point is homebrew just to keep things fresh.

Right now we're talking about Goddamn werewolves, which are actually kind of weak in the base game. Their selling point, Warform, is actually bad to use since it locks your actions so hard and is slow to come out.

May I request you try the Dreamer exaltation or its alternate? As the creator, I dont know if the emphasis on sleep would keep players kocked out at bad times.

We'd love to have fresh eyes look at stuff. If you'd like, you can join the forum so we can communicate better.

And by the way, you can post as a guest.

weredrago2 here. I cranked out some new Exalts that could use testing, like an Alt Daemonhost and an update to the Perpetual. Your party might be interested in taking them out for a spin.

Kind of agree with this user. There are quite a few classes that are more-or-less niche alternatives to base content that draw exclusively from one or two sources. Some of these have mechanics that could be salvaged and packed into schools and kata, since those can be swapped into core classes. Others can be merged.

To piggyback on the boss, getting some actual gameplay based feedback on the mantle would be great. I can't get any of my players to do it.

The Dreamer exaltation is neat and worth testing. The Blade Dancer, Businessman, Chem Hunter, and Spy classes are, as well, and the Vespids are a race that I don't think anyone has tested yet.

You might also want to check out the alternative starter kits: s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/30050014/1/

Not that user but Preemptively mentioning Spy and Operative, both two different classes with a similar theme. Both created at the same time by coincidence.

Proposed werewolf shifting changes by users:

>Remove the cost of warshape normally and then add the rage to speed it up, then speed to free action at 3.

>Make it half action to shift at base, 3rd power makes it free action.

>Make it a full action, with option to spend rage to make it a half action. 3rd power reduces time by a half action.

>Remove Swiftchange's ability to actually transmute your body.

I do like bees, so sure, I'll give vespids a go. I'll get back with something once we get our next session going
I liked all of those until you started messing with spells. I happen(ed) to enjoy my druid.

>Remove Swiftchange's ability to actually transmute your body.
Let's not mess around with spells now. You're trying to change the Exalts, remember?

The spell thing was uh, for completion sake. It was proposed so we just wanted to lay it all out just in case.

I don't think it's saying to change them all, just trying to decide which change to use.
Ignore the spell change option.

Also it literally just makes Werewolves WORSE.

Why not remake it as a Merchant? Possibly a Happy one

Current suggested setup for the Werewolf's staring powers:

Shifting - The most obvious power of the Werewolf is the ability to change shape. As a full action, the werewolf may change into one of two forms or back again - a normal-sized wolf and a massive half-wolf half-man warform.

Wolf form: Obviously, in wolf form the character cannot speak, manipulate all but the simplest objects, or do other things most humans take for granted. However, they gain +1k1 to all percepion checks involving scent. +2 to Dexterity, -1 to Size, and a Bite weapon (1k1 R; Melee; Brawling).

Warform: A horror, a werewolf in Warform is a massively destructive force. A Werewolf in Warform make attack or move closer to an enemy on each of their turns. A Werewolf may spend 1 Rage to enter Warform as a free action, and may maintain Warform until the end of combat. While in warform, the werewolf gains Stuff of Nightmares, Strength +2, Size +2, Constitution +2, gains a Claw natural weapon (1k2 R; Melee; Brawling) and a Bite natural weapon (2k2 R; Melee; Brawling). A werewolf's bite and claws in warform count as magical weapons. Changing into Warform melds the werewolf's armor into its form and negates any effects it gives.

Lycan Resilience - A Werewolf gains Armor Points equal to twice their Feral Heart in Wolf Form and Warform and may not be killed by critical damage unless that damage comes from an E, X, silver, or magical source. If a werewolf suffers enough damage from another source that it would normally kill them, they are instead knocked unconscious until they regenerate all critical damage. A werewolf may spend Rage to recover Hit Points in combat as a free action. The AP gained from Lycan Resilience does not stack with worn armor.

Spirit Tongue - Werewolf begins play with the feat Speak Language (Spirits).

Silver Bane - A Werewolf halves their size when calculating Hit Points lost from damage from a silver weapon.

>Wolf form ... -1 to Size
Does it mean halfling werewolves turn into chihuahuas?

Yes, one of the example Hafling Heroes is a Werewolf and it calls him out as being a cute puppy looking thing.

>Coerg is a big man in the halfling underground,a roguish werewolf who likes to think he cuts a striking figure. People have expended much effort in avoiding saying anything to him about the differences between wolves and lapdogs and exactly which he transforms into. He's surprisingly peaceful for his kind, talking his way out of things and is a master of the art of sad puppy eyes.

This is kind of amazing

Is there a defiant list of good Exalts or do I have to trawl the forum for stuff then find if its good?

Well, apparently, stuff that is COMPLETE crap isn't in the collection mentioned in OP

Good mediocre will be hidden by the absurdity of it all.

In the previous thread someone was complaining that Scions break the setting by bringing in Greek gods. Just checked the brew thread, and, apparently all the deities' names were changed toda into generic affiliations. Except for Bone of Pelops

Are there any more-or-less agreed upon revisions that re-introduce Gun Katas into book 1 classes?

Off the top of my head:

>Point Blank and Last Line for Guardsman
>Silent Scope for Assassin

That's what I remember.

Although the Drachma assets still heavily imply them, as are the ensuing alternates.

I suppose you could get a generic name for the Scion Assets, like Aspect or Sign and compile them all into a single list. That leaves the differences in static powers and Divinity features. I suppose they could be a Choose Your Own Divinity set

To be fair, some of the Scion's alternates do something similar, like Signs and Domains.

The baseline ruleset seems to have one fatal flaw: the damage is too low, causing even a moderate resilience on either side to cause a fight to drag its ass forever
I've been spitballing ideas with the only other guy I know who plays it and I was thinking something along the lines of static damage on top of the regular damage for the weapon and he suggested to have that be affected by raises as a multiplier, haven't looked into the math of either yet but it sounded promising
Another suggestion he had was to use resilience as just a flat bonus to soak which kinda sucks but it would fix some issues quick and fast
What do you people who have played anything but dungeons & dragons all think?

Very glad to see a DtD:40k7e thread on Veeky Forums I almost thought this board was dead

Typically damage being too low isn't an issue in DtD. In fact, it can often be the opposite, where combat is decided in a few attacks, especially at higher levels where attacking tends to outstrip your ability to dodge.

The only time damage may tend to be too low is with ranged weapons doing nothing special. Full Auto Burst, Scatter and Accurate weapons do what you were asking though, allowing Raises on the to hit to improve the damage of them. Gun Kata can help with that too.

There's also other ways of taking people out. Tearing, fatigue, snare, setting people on fire, using theenvironment, potent spells like max oower Meteor Storm, etc.

And the thing with marial schools is that you can use special attacks every turn if youbdont have that one disadvantage.

Just discovered DtD40k7th, and reading the setting it kinda struck me as Age of Sigmar-esque, but less vague, which is pretty awesome. That makes me wonder, how would you make a Stormcast? The Aasimar are thematically similar (since Stormcast are basically groundmarines, save with the caveat that they get brought back to life). Would you just do Aasimar-Chosen-Class?