Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Marines Players Vehemently Deny Being Weebiest Faction While Getting Excited For New Mechamarines And Elf Waifus edition

>Previous thread
>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Your daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=5LrhWl3FTrg

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E415aFoSDcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We ever gonna get the fucking prices?

We've had them for a week.

Will Poxwalkers be worth using?

4" for a melee unit seems terrible. Sure they're kinda tough and can get extra units. Seems that'll hardly ever happen though, maybe they're just good for holding and contesting objectives?

WARHAMMER 40000: DARK IMPERIUM (ENGLISH) £95.00
WARHAMMER 40000 RULEBOOK (ENGLISH) £35.00
WH40K: TACTICAL OBJECTIVE CARDS (ENG) £8.00
SECTOR IMPERIALIS: OBJECTIVES £20.00
WARHAMMER 40000: COMMAND DICE £12.50
WARHAMMER 40000: WOUND TRACKERS £8.00
INDEX: XENOS 1 (ENGLISH) £15.00
INDEX: XENOS 2 (ENGLISH) £15.00
INDEX: CHAOS (ENGLISH) £15.00
INDEX: IMPERIUM 1 (ENGLISH) £15.00
INDEX: IMPERIUM 2 (ENGLISH) £15.00
DARK IMPERIUM NOVEL (HB) £18.00
WARHAMMER 40000: COMBAT GAUGE £6.00
CITADEL DEATH GUARD GREEN SPRAY £11.75

Screening your more important units.

From melee?

Won't do much for ranged attacks. And you'll need to walk your advancing other guys slowly if you want these guys still ahead.

Are plague marines playable in SW:A and Kill Team? I want to mix them with daemons for "normal" games but run solo in "smaller" ones

Marine player:
Start Collecting kits are the same as the Starter Kit!
Totally not forced guys!

What your 20 year old kits keep selling out even though they are old? Clearly it means marines are more popular.

>plasma guns only risk exploding if you overcharge them

How do you feel about this?

Do we know yet whether using your own troops for Cover is still a thing?

concatenate threads

Decent trade off. The overcharged one is good for killing Marines but wasted on guards etc.

>Not even a real boy
>Stills gets a model before Sanguinis

Question: Building an army... this key word shit.

So I can make an army of "Faction" keyword?

EG: Imperium faction key word.

I could have an HQ that is a Terminator Captain of Ultramarines

Troops that are 1 squad of Imperial Guard Veterans, 1 squad of marines, 1 squad of sisters of battle

Heavy that are Grey Knight Land Raiders

and Elites that are Admech something or other...

All because they share the faction key word "Imperium"?

Not plague marines specifically, but you can choose mark of nurgle for any marines in your kill-team, that pretty much makes them a plague marine, due to how much more durable they become.

I like it. I have a squad of plasma chosen, and I'm glad that it's now optional and I can play it safe, though it's also disappointing that my Combi-plasma terminators won't be ultra immune to the results.

Did you miss the entire conversation where I point out how stupid you were?

I listed 6 different 40k games that didn't focus on marines.

I then pointed out that Marines out sold every single other product GW ever made when they were released. They did so well they wrote it into 40k lore

Yes. It will be balanced out in bonuses you get. a Chapter bonus will be better than an Astartes bonus which is better than an Imperium bonys.

The concept is fine but the regular variant is too good. Should've been like what SWA has them, around Tau Pulse level for non-overcharge, and s7 ap-3 for charged version.

Ignoring outselling non marine products.

Marines are the CoD of miniatures, safe bet, nothing creative.

The overcharged is great at eating primaris marines.

Normal: 3+ wound, 1 damage.
Overcharged: 2+ wound, 2 damage (kills em)

GW are the biggest company in the entire industry even with the worst rules. Hard to argue with their Marine plan you know?

Doesn't make it less shit.

Onces you past your teenage years marines stop being fun.

wew

>Primaris keep losing
2 wounds and 30" weapons and still get their ass handed to them?
I wanted to like this guys, I'm dont know what to think now.

Well, I hope that noone will be sad if I use them to proxy CSM but maybe I will just buy an extra DV box - I found a store selling them with start collecting price

Dnd is the biggest player in their market with shit rules.

Being first counts for a lot more than anything else.

Yes tits, but unless we have some less shitty quality it means very little.

I'd rather be first than last

Manlets
When will they learn?

well at least it quells some fears vis-a-vis GW making 40k more kid friendly by kinda shadow-banning slaanesh

Primaris-are-taller-than-custodes fags BTFO

Poor girl of yours if any.

Anyone with half a brain knew that was false. It is a british company not an american one.

All in

By 2050 we are going to have action figures if the size increase continues.

they did it for AoS

I wouldn't worry about proxies dude, I'd welcome someone playing Chaos Space Marines in Shadow War with actual plague marine models, since nurgle is all anyone plays, for good reason.

We can all agree AoS is kind of shit. It is neither WHF or Warmachine.
Just the worst of both.

>Chad marines loosing in box set games and not the tallest
Just bend over and make this easy.

what is everyone's opinions on people who paint like shit? i paint like complete ass and I kind of feel bad when I play against someone who is an excellent painter.

has to look better than grey plastic though, right?

Depends.

>they did it for AoS
Yeah, that's why Slaanesh daemons have renown values in Skirmish tables

In a currency that matters please.

That is the one that matters.

Beside just convert the value to any of your third world money.

>numarines still manlets compared to the glorious warriors of the Dark Gods
BTFO

not that much taller compared to the legionnary. Are FW marines taller than regular marines ?

fuck, people weren't kidding about the size of these primaris marines

No, in the case of plastic MK IV they're actually a bit shorter than MK VII marines.

>Emperor's finest
>already falling to Nurgle

>Ultramarines defeat a whole Hive Fleet by themselves
>Blood Angels and all their successors get BTFO by a single tendril and have to be saved by Bob and some daemons
Threadly reminder that Blood Angels players should be ashamed. Sanguinius's geneseed clearly causes incompetence.

>Imperial navy actually defeats the hive fleet
>Khorne daemons kill the tendril
No hogging the honor marines.

whoever is in charge of the studio painting team now needs hanging.

These new, cartoon looking ass colour schemes for the best part of five years now are trash

where have you been

I don't mind if someone looks they actually put some effort into it. Just following a Duncan tutorial will give you a tabletop army and it's totally paint by numbers.

away from 7th edition due to how cancer it is

It's especially evident when you see similar models painted for FW.

>weeb meme shit taking the place of duncan again
Jesus christ I hate you people. Take your japanese faggotry off this board already, Isn't it enough shitting up /pfg/?

Our lord and saviour Duncan doesn't deserve this.

This
Weebs are asking for the firing squad

Yeah and it's too good. We have basically plasma that is laughably better than it was. Non-overcharge should at the very least have less armor pen.

Everyone has seen the Mortarion model tease on youtube, right?

Am I the only one who's worried about the power-creep the Primaris are going to cause? We can't seriously believe that the Tau and Eldar writers won't retaliate with new, better Suits and some Eldar 'Ynnead super-warriors' to match them and we'll be back to square one except all the original elite units get pushed to 2nd-tier.

Primaris don't even seem that great.

Don't be so hard on space marines.
They cost like twice as much as a normie marine.

Are the Primaris marines even that strong?

They're in universe power creep but all their actual rules have been pretty fucking mediocre so far.
Eldar and Tau will probably still mulch them which if anything is going to seem even better when you're doing it with your old and unmodified guys.

You think they'll be allowed to get new super warriors.

Primaris are a result of models over fluff/need. They had some cool new space marines but they didn't wanna overwrite the old ones so they just made em 'buff marines'.

Honestly they should have just made them normal marines and allowed you to use old ones as they slowly phase out.

>Honestly they should have just made them normal marines and allowed you to use old ones as they slowly phase out.

They should have made the Primaris and all they're new unit just be Cawl making new toys (no gene fuckery needed) and Guilliman slowly returning Space Marines to Legion style organisation.

I was more talking from a fluff perspective, ruleswise I'm well aware that they're not really OP and should've specified, but with all the 'and then the Primaris shat on the enemy' fluff we're about to get surely there's going to be retaliation.

>haven't bought any new stuff for years nor played for 3 years
>buy marine collector set

Why are the bases bigger?????

>collector set
What the fuck is this?

>collector set
???

I'd imagine he meant Start Collecting!

And marines are on 32mm bases now.

Oh i dont care about the fluff since the new thing is Bobby G saves the day from all the threats.

>start collecting
Oh, right.
I'm newfag - I thought they always were on 32mm

Shit, really?
>tfw all my old ultrasmurfs are not just marinelets but baselets

Mine too.

The twist is they're a new army...

>see new indexes
>SoB not even mentioned as a faction
So this is how it ends, isn't it? No final goodbyes, no great achievements. Just me, eyaculating my last drops of life as I scream in laughter until terminal lung failure. I can already taste the infinite oceans of tears that will be produced by all 5 SoB players in prelude to their coordinated suicide, their souls sent screaming to face righteous retribution at the hands of the angels of the immaterium. Even though I feel the tides of the warp calling to me as well, I remain smug, for my eternal laughter will perhaps create a new warp entity. Thank you, GW. This a good pain. This is a good death.

My sides.

top tier shitpost

yeah I've watched some of his stuff, I'm having fundamental problems though. Like how much paint to have on my brush and shit.

Oh well, might as well just keep on practicing. So many fucking IG to paint.

Yeah I got the start collecting box to get back into hobby with new stuff to add to my old. All the regular marines are on 32mm now. Which irritates me, a lot.

That means half my old army is on the wrong base

You do know they have a named character who is just a re-released old generic Sorcerer model but still who is actively seeking to release Slaanesh from its prison, and that the other Chaos Gods are watching to see what happens to it?

Slaanesh will probably bust free and start wrecking shit in AoS as soon as the new model line for Slaanesh is done, and we'll get a simultaneous release in 40K of new Daemons, Noise Marines, and other stuff.

There was rumor of Fulgrim soon too.

then all that insufferable memes about chadmarines and marinlets were unfounded ?
great

I mean they're still like 3/4 of a head shorter and a lot skinnier.

>Emperor's finest
>already falling to Nurgle
>excess is Slaanesh
>Totally not a phallic looking plasma incinerator

Custodes are the only Marines I like, but their fluff is gay and stupid and gay.

What's wrong with them being the Emperors's finest of the fine fine finest?
Besides who needs good fluff when you have this much style?

I wonder about this too. I wouldn't say mine is horrible, but it's definitely not that great. I think people don't mind so much as long as you clearly tried.

All marine fluff is gay and stupid.
"Mu supa warrior wiv his massive manly designed body, massive manly gun and super special not! Mary sue weeb abilities". Not to mention the homo eroticism fluff.

God forbid the jovial god's soldiers who walk about with beerguts and huge smiles look cartoonish

Well that depends on how bad and what kind of bad.

If it's the usual garden variety kind of bad then I can usually ignore it, though I would probably still rather look at an army that was just sprayed white.
If it's horrifyingly offensively bad hen that's of course a very different situation. If it's a badly painted Forge World army then that's just the worst though.

120-ish bucks for the starter kit?

Combined with 20% FLGS discount?

I'm getting two holy fuck

Never dunk it in and aim to have less.

Hoard armies can look lazy, it's fine to do basic schemes. most important is armour and clothes, basecoat, wash, and a minor layer is fine for everything

>implying the other factions aren't just as bad
Don't kid yourself, 40k is just bad writing all around.

I'm genuinely considering starting a DKoK army to paint them up as Wehrmacht because I'm just that much of a wehraboo

Memes aside, how good/bad IS forgeworld resin? Is it actually worth it to buy entire armies from them?

WARHAMMER 40000: DARK IMPERIUM (ENGLISH) £95.00
WARHAMMER 40000 RULEBOOK (ENGLISH) £35.00
WH40K: TACTICAL OBJECTIVE CARDS (ENG) £8.00
SECTOR IMPERIALIS: OBJECTIVES £20.00
WARHAMMER 40000: COMMAND DICE £12.50
WARHAMMER 40000: WOUND TRACKERS £8.00
INDEX: XENOS 1 (ENGLISH) £15.00
INDEX: XENOS 2 (ENGLISH) £15.00
INDEX: CHAOS (ENGLISH) £15.00
INDEX: IMPERIUM 1 (ENGLISH) £15.00
INDEX: IMPERIUM 2 (ENGLISH) £15.00
DARK IMPERIUM NOVEL (HB) £18.00
WARHAMMER 40000: COMBAT GAUGE £6.00
CITADEL DEATH GUARD GREEN SPRAY £11.75

Assuming everything stays relatively the same in regards to in faction balance, is there really any point in taking grey knight strike squads now that all units score and terminators are better troop taxes?

Also I'm desperately hoping psycannons become heavy 4, even power armor psilencers are looking pretty decent now

The next Primarch for Chaos is Angron, then Fulgrim, btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=E415aFoSDcY

Morty getting naughty.

Morty's a faggot, when are we getting more cool primarchs?