Admech in 8th Edition

How fare your Mechanicus armies in 8th so far, Veeky Forums? What are you running? Is pure Admech still viable after the gutting of Vanguard, Sicarians, and Rangers?

Personally, I've been raping enemy vehicles left abd right with my three Neutron Dunecrawlers. It makes me feel a little bad, so I'm considering just switching one Dunecrawler to an Icarus.

Rangers may still be useful to take a pair of Arquebus and snipe vulnerable characters.

Admech is definitely still viable, and the new IA book is going to send them through the roof IMO. Right now it seems that the best infantry in the list are the Electro Priests, which is about damn time, the models are fucking epic. Fulgurites can put out gobs of mortal wounds and make a really good counter assault unit.

Lots of hate on Kataphrons, but giving them plasma and keeping near a dominus to re-roll 1's seems like a good way to go. Kastellans can also be brutal with double firing triple phosphor blasters.

For Sicarians, the Infiltrators with goads seems to be the way to go, otherwise meh.

Cawl is a technoheretic.

I think Electro-Priests of both variants seem great in terms of personal stats, but they are in the single worst faction in the game at delivering them. No deep strikes, no in-faction transports, no way to improve their speed beyond running, no way to safely get them where they need to go without taking severe casualties.

I think the Corpuscarii variant seems more likely to succeed without any transports, simply due to having a range advantage.

I'm looking to set up my Kastelans as triple phosphor because a unit of two puts out 36 shots with the double-shoot protocol up.

I'm very curious about Dragoons and Ironstriders- both gained a pretty big uptick in points, and while they are more durable, durability was never really a concern for them. I fear they might not be as good as previous incarnations.

Infiltrators with goads can get to s7 with canticles up, which means they wound predator tanks on a 4+, coupled with the hilarious amount of attacks a unit of them can put out, they can be a real menace for certain armored vehicles.

My list for 8th is going to be a melee Vanguard detachment with an Outrider detachment and a Knight tagging along.

VANGUARD:

HQ:
Tech Priest Dominus

Elites:
20 Fulgrite-Priests
20 Corpsucarii priests
(might drop the priests to 10 each)
10 Rust-stalkers with Claws
10 Infiltrators with Goads
20 Hoplites
20 Hoplites (might drop these to 2 of 10 depending on their cost)

OUTRIDER:

HQ:
Dominus
2 Dragoons
2 Dragoons
2 Dragoons

Super-Heavy Auxilary Detachment:

1 Knight Gallant.

My plan is run everything very fast, use the dragoons to pop open light vehicles and thin out hordes as well as to draw fire. Then run the Knight in at any key units and brutalise it. Then hit with the Corpsucarii, Dominii and Infiltrators to mess up Hordes and hopefully destroy their firing lines. Finally I move in with the Fulgrites and Rust-Stalkers to pop vehicles with their crazy amounts of mortal wound output.

The Hoplites I can't speak for because I don't know their rules.

I'm looking forwards to this edition.

Supposedly they'll be getting the 30k vehicles and transports in the new IA book, which is supposedly going to be up for preorder before the end of the month.

Dunecrawler seems like a VERY solid option in 8th edition. Similar points cost to a Predator tank, but tougher (5+ invulnerable save with the possibility for re-rolls) and able to ignore the penalty for moving and shooting. Having one of the best anti-tank weapons on such a platform is pretty sick.

I've been looking at the twin heavy phosphor blaster and Icarus array- I wonder if 4 extra shots is worth being BS 4+ vs non-fliers.

what.

You best not be joking- a Triaros would be awesome! At this point, anything would be awesome.

I think they are fine, electropriests are very strong. skittari rangers/vanguard are weaker but still good. Dunecrawlers are great and so are kastelans. Not a fan of the direction they are taking with rust-stalkers and infiltrators. Not a fan of Cawl.

What's not to love about Cawl? 6" radius of re-rolling hits is going to make people mess their pants.

Not that user,
but I'm not a fan of the "HeroAurahammer" direction that they're taking this edition.

>if it's large and represents the faction overall it'll have a re-roll aura

I do get that vibe right now. I hope that in the future, when they release actual codexes, they add a bit more diversity.

Though to be fair, it's better than units having next to zero interactivity.

Not a fan of the ranger nerfs. One of my favorite units visually and on the table so I'll keep using them but the roster feels like its not cohesive enough.

Pushes the faction into herohammer territory, which I don't think fits their lore or theme.

I tried running two 5 man arquebus squads, they've always made their points back so far, taking out characters and HQs. Pretty decent against MEQ too.

I guess?
Really just hope they add either actual "forge world diversity" or make units that have abilities matching the fluff again (like Skitmech used to have).

I personally don't feel that infiltrators have been nerfed at all. Yes, the aura is worse, and that's a shame, but the ability to just pop them out 9 inches away is great. I've played a few games, and mine have done great for me every time. I've had to drop a few cp to get their full potential, but it's worth it to me. I'm really quite happy with where they are at in the new edition.

Could anyone write me a 500pt list for the new edition out of the start collecting box? Im not sure what will be good and what will be bad so some help would be appreciated!

thicc

The models in the SC box are baseline valued at 361 points, without upgraded weapons, which can't total an additional 139 points.

If you're asking about where to go to build a 500 point army starting with an SC box, just get another set of Skitarii Rangers / Vanguard, probably.

You can just play that box straight away with a Patrol detachment, then expand.
Get more skitarii or kataphron (a second SC box is great because you will need 2 domini for the larget detachment).
You can use the skitarii unit from the second SC box to push your first patrol list to 500 and will still have models available for when you expand to 1k

I accidentally deleted. So:

HQ. Dominus with erradicator
Troops (you'll need 2 of these, so second SC box): 10 skitarii vanguard with omnispex and 2 arc rifles each
Heavy: Onager dunecrawled with twin hevy phosphor blaster (swap to neutron laser when expanding) and a cognis heavy stubber cause spare points

This is 499

I don't like how it gives so much more reason to play mars(which already makes up almost all skittari players) and I kinda liked not taking a hq as the skittari.

So, I'm looking to expand my admech army. I've got about 200$ set aside, and I have secured a 20% storewide discount on all their products and orders. Although, I am curious on what to get next. Here is what I have currently:
2 Onager/w Neutron Laser
2 Dominus, both with macrostubber, 1/w vulkite, 1/w ray
30 Vanguard(3 squads, 1/w plas cavaliers, 1/w Arc Rifles, all have omnispex/data tether.)
5 Infiltrators/w Flechette+Tasers
3 Kataphron Breachers/w Torsion cannon and Hydraulic claw
1 Dragoon/w Taser and Serepentia

Any suggestions on what to add? I think some Kastellans would be really beneficial, and with how easy they are to magnatize, I think they could either add some good melee damage, or work as phosphor Turrets. Although, kinda weird that their accompanying Data-priest is now a seperate unit.

Sicarians are in a weird spot right now, as although they are faster than Electropriests, they lack the invuln save.

I am also looking into seeing what other factions I can add into it, like Sisters of Silence or Inquisition, or even Custodes, to help with things like close range attackers/psykers.

Also, lore-wise, im running my army as The 22nd Martian Experimantory Cohort; to the Tech priests of mars, innovation is a grave sin, and a technology is only seen as viable after thousands of experiments. Of course, there is a way to test that technology, and punish those that would endorse progress. The Cohort is the testing bed for a variety of new battlefield weaponry and tools, from new respirators to high powered weaponry. Although, due to being one of the first to test such things, it is not a uncommon fate for the warriors of the Cohort to freeze up, data-crash, or even explode from malfunctions. Indeed, it is a mark of prestige to survive such prototypes, and each successful test results in a vertical white stripe added to their red cloaks. Each Horizontal stripe is a symbol of a war they have succesfully survived.

I'd agree about the kastellans as they are very good this edition. I would suggest a iron hands detachment as they really go along well with the admechs. Other great units to consider are the secutarii peltasts and hoplites as they both look great if you don't mind forgeworld stuff.(plus you get to do a special color scheme for them)

No matter what you do, the Taurox will look like ass.

>tracks
>still needs flat surfaces to drive on