Why do you have gender roles in your setting?

Why do you have gender roles in your setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_infant_mortality_rate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because there has never been a society where there were no gender roles, SJW.

There's never been a society with magic either. A Crown for Cold Silver proves that you can make a good story out of a universe with no gender roles.

Because my country hasn't fallen to the Left yet. We're raised Christian and instilled with proper values.

Amusingly, we're so resistant to this sort of degeneracy that homosexuality still carries a jail sentence.

If only the US was the same!

Nice third world country you got there.

It's funny, you say that, but we're better off than you are.

Keeping these people fearing for their lives means they haven't eroded our values the same way they did yours.
It's a slippery slope.

>but we're better off than you are.
except for small things like the economy or living standards, of course.
This is the time period with the least violence of any in history, the most wealth and the least religiosity. Really makes you think.

Heh, okay...

Because a world functioning without gender roles is even less realistic than a world with magic.

>economy or living standards
>America
Your infant death rapes are on third world level, nigger rape your women and kill you in horrifying numbers even according to official statistics and nobody addresses it, Obamacare doubled and in some places even tripled your already high insurance costs,your education is probably the worst of the western world and even worse than many second world shitholes and stating facts like “there are only 2 genders“ can end your career.
I don't know why you jumped on that high horse, but take a long, hard look at yourself and reconsider your position.

*Infant death rates
Otherwise spot on.

Let's see some of dat dere proof eh

just look it up man.

>hurr durr I'm too retarded to google
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_infant_mortality_rate
Less babies die in Hungary than in America, wicked huh?
Look nigger, this isn't a grand discussion, this is a thread on Veeky Forums, if you're gonna doubt everything everybody says and demand proof for the most obvious shit nobody will want to talk to you, simply because you make it work to educate you when you could either listen and believe like a good little cuck or look that shit up yourself.

Thinly veiled bait thread. Not even worthy of a (You).

Have an infographic instead.

PS: Hungary also has a lower number of jobless people, so
>economy
lel

>two paragraphs between lines
why

He took redditposting to another level

Hungary also has a lower number of people, opting instead to live as cogs of a despotic regime that actually cheer at the destruction of places of learning.

All I'm seeing is the US keeping better records than everyone else.

Neither of those two points are arguments
>hurr durr some eastern shithole is smaller therefore it has less infant deaths per capita
You're an idiot, nobody here ever talked about total numbers.

Not an argument either, nice excuse though, homo.

How is your post related to Veeky Forums?

What makes you think this is my thread?
Or do you think that every post here is or should be related to the board?
Because then you might need to lurk a bit more.

Any setting without one would be so far removed from what we can think of its sort of a fools errand. Most attempts don't follow conclusions to their logical end.

But dude, they have a big army and the GDP is pretty high.
That's the essence of civilisation, right?

Now that i've read the 2 stormlight archive books, i actually found gender pushed hard to be more entertaining.

Bilogy

Why Not trilogy?

Because we're in the game for adventure, battle, and exploration. Gender politics are completely outside this matter and no one gives a shit whether your fighter prefers to be called a girl and is questing to find a Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity.

Because even with magic and technology there's still going to be a pretty sizable gap on the upper end on both physical and mental attributes, not to mention maternal instincts tend to steer women towards certain jobs.

I'm glad you're proud of your country and happy where you live.

uuuuhmmm, try again, sweety
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi

that's because you are too retarded to look beyond Fox News

Because I'm a disgusting CiS gendered pig.

Because it's grounded in realism

Because it is a natural phenomena in sexually dimorphic species and there is nothing wrong with that
In fact, it makes things more interesring so it is a plus in any narrative

A Crown for Cold Silver is absolute trash. Read something mature, like the Inheritance Cycle

t. Stefan Molyneux

Because I'm a straight white male who masturbates to anime.

It's that bad?

Because lugging a kid around in your guts for 9 months and then having to raise the little swine for at least 15 years tends to put people off of hard labor and combat and gets them the cushy desk and domestic jobs.

>having to raise the little swine for at least 15 years
Who's to say the woman has to be the one that raises it after it's been popped out and weaned from her breast, though? There's really no biological incentive to it.

>There's really no biological incentive to it.
Instincts.

Who's to say that the man doesn't help raise the kid? He just also has to do other things like chop wood and go to war for ten or so years.

Did you honestly just say that combat is worse than raising kids?
>male privilege detected

There is a biological incentive in breasts, and since the woman has been the one forced to spend time with the kids she knows more about it.
Also, unless you're african american fathers do help out in raising their kids

No. But chopping wood is pretty close.

Chopping wood is fun, you idiot.

The only thing more fun is painting this fence.

Sure you aren't muslim?

No, silly. When muslims do it, it's bad.

>not watching the paint dry afterwards

What are you some kinda casual?

I don't really. They're as some predominant roles this and that gender take, but nothing is set in stone. I guess 20% say "fuck it" and nobody cares.

>painting
>not using whitewash
Nigga please

Because I do not DM for faggots.

>fiction proves me right about real-world human behavior

Fuck this thread, fuck OP, and fuck the spastics feeding him (you)s.

Instead, let's talk about some decent Veeky Forums related literature.
What are you reading now?
What's the worst one you've ever read?
What material have you shamelessly lifted for your games, be it as a player or GM?

I recently picked up some Moorcock. It's been a pretty good read so far, could be good for a steampunk game.

Because that's how I likes it.

>This is the time period with the least violence of any in history, the most wealth and the least religiosity. Really makes you think.

Why else do you think nerds love medieval settings in RPGs?

That is literally slavery though
So either you are a sexist who belongs to /pol/ or a fetishist who belongs to /d/

>/dpol/

Wait, what? What is slavery now?

Chattel slavery?

because its natural?

>We're raised Christian and instilled with proper values
Fuck yeah, selling your daughters and killing adulterers!

If I want to hire elf chicks as my maids then that's my business. Their men look silly in those dresses anyway.

Those are some of the best things in life. Also, slaughtering the Saracen hordes.

Just don't forget to sell your children to slavery along the way

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

If God wills it, then God wills it.

>reign
kek, you can't even reign over your dick with those limp wrists.
Have your boss given you already that raise or you haven't been licking his ass enough? Or do you just still live on your parent's income?

Things that crusades achieved:
>sacked Constantinopole and destroyed the Roman Empire
>got Christian children sold into slavery
>got countless knights die in the scorching heat
It seems God doesn't will Christianity to win.

If men look silly in those dresses, then so do women, shitlord!

I don't, generally. Either the supernatural or advanced technology minimize the importance of human sexual dimorphism, which means gender roles didn't really develop in the same way as ours. Women might be considered the default caregiver during infancy, but that's about it.

The only time I'll generally include it is in settings which are historic or which are low fantasy.

Body proportions, size, and typical amount of hair does tend to alter the fit and look of clothing...or are you one of those "it's not gay if it's an elf" types?

Get /pold/

I was going to type out a load of bullshit about how writing for the societal norm is easier and more successful, but let's be honest.

I don't care enough about non standard or nonexistent gender roles to be assed.

On a side note, a lack of pandering is not oppression.

US violent crime rate is still about half what it was even 20 years ago, and infant mortality rates are about 60% of what it was. You can scream about how we're doing in comparison to other first world countries, but we're still far beyond our ancestors.

That's why so many fantasy RPG settings take place in times where life was nasty, brutal and short. Times where men were men and women were objects. Times where crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you and hearing the lamentations of their women were what was good in life. Utopias are boring.

You're gonna tell me what's obvious in my country while you're too scared to even leave your government provided cuckshed because of all the muslims running wild in your city?
Get real, sadsack

dis /pol/ thread now.
Niggers need to go back to niggerland, or preferably die.
Jews need to get the fuck in the ovens.
SJWs are the cancer of our society, and need to be incised.
Pic related.

/pol/ pls pls go. We just want to talk about tabletop games, we do not need your bait threads.

heh
/pol/ owns this slow ass board

Shut your mouth, niggerlover. Be thankful we're here to enlighten you.

>/pol/ owns this slow ass board
>/pol/ owns this slow ass site
ftfy

I decided to make my setting strongly matriarchal because I wanted to write about women in the military and I figured a culture that flipped it was more realistic than a culture with no gender roles at all. Mostly I ignore it since by the time the story is set the masculist movements have taken away a lot of the prejudice, but I do throw in a male character complaining about the glass ceiling keeping him from advancing past Commodore, and a backwards country only recently giving men the right to vote.