Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Nurgle is bad edition

>Previous Thread
>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
Got Squatted, use pen and paper or whatever

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

For Chaos!

Posting Dread Mob again because Orkz are da stompiest

I wonder how i'd do that, pose on it is pretty generic...

this entirely

>40k but all canon spehss mehreen chapters, Guard regiments etc. are replaced with grimdark-far-future-ified versions of various fandoms

Fun idea or stupid idea?

more like BLACKED legion

A very mixed bag. Some fandoms would lend themselves to 40k better than others.

building a skitarii army
is sydonian dragoon of any use? looks pretty disappointed stat-wise

Sounds like it would be funny for exactly the time it takes to read a 2 post greentext detailing the major changes, then most people would put it out of their mind as mildly amusing but not worth wasting mental energy on anymore.

>malcador infernus
>Heavy 2d6

Lol are you fucking joking? Glad I didn't push the buy button on that one. The praetor armoured assault launcher looks good though.

Something like this?

Used to be good in 7th, I'm guessing that the increased durability of vehicles in 8th makes them solid flankers and troop killers. Maybe they can pop Rhinos, but not alone, you'd need a squadron.

>Having a looted Wraithlord but no looted Dreadnought or Carnifex

Step it up fampai that dread mobs not done yet

No. That's literally just a picture of Ultramarines.

>those missiles on the stormtalon

Why??

Well I can never look at that image again

How should I build my Tyrant guard?

I'll likely only ever use them in games where I field a Swarmlord as protection, so I'm thinking just plain, but if they survive I might want claws because my friends have a lot of tanks, but then maybe a lashwhip or two so i can choose them as first casualties in combat and still get hits off.

I'm building 6, fwiw

Any ideas for Death Guard alternate colour schemes? Had a few good ideas from old thread, some sort of black mixed with green for power armour. Maybe some sort of grey skin for the poxwalkers instead of usual flesh/green.

Anything else?

Sisters player here. Thinking of a centerpiece FW tank for my army. Not sure what to get.

I'm lacking some serious anti-tank. Anti-infantry isn't hard to come by for me... but I feel like the Malcador Infernus is the one thing the sisters would have because BURN THE UNCLEAN.

Any other suggestions?

Entire company getting basecoated

First try at a Space Wolf list, no idea how much I'm fucking it up.

I'm at 1610 out of 2k. What should I change? What should I add?

I'm doing mine a faded black/dirty gray and orange and they look kinda alright

Never like the Dreadnoughts but a Carnifex I can get behind

Ill also being adding to my army at some point with my Feral Orks and plan on adding "living Deff Dreads" to the Mob

Marauder IMO

personally I like to arm mine somewhat, they tend to live a fair amount as my opponent is busy with other things than trying to kill whatever they're protecting

if you're trying to down synapse creatures going for a guarded unit is point for point less effective than going for unguarded ones, that's the point

Plus the malcador infernus is shit now.

could use some longfangs for more ranged support

dreadnoughts are a good choice as well

>that mermaid
this is a blue board

how so?
that chemical fuel attack option seems to be pretty nasty wounding all non vehicles on a 2+

Are these the Dumpster Templars?

Is there a way to deliver storm shield dreads or should I just rifle dread?

theyre going to be an entire company of dumpster Crimson fists

It already is.

Nice garden.

Trips for truth. What do you think I should do with the 6 then? 4 claws and 2 whips? or 2-2-2 for some options?

>Crimson fists
why didn't you just prime them dark blue?

Just finished a game whith grot tanks

The little buggers are REALLY good

Is the Canoptek Sentinel or Stalker better now? That exile gun is tasty, but you fire it at +4...

Primaris Lieutenants are good for re-rolls right?
Stick em in with some Hellblasters or Long Fangs.

black primer>blue basecoat spray>drakenhoff/nuln wash

I dont think regular drop pods can take dreads anymore regardless theyre fucking expensive now, dont even bother with the dread pods you could get a whole new kitted out dread for what they cost

The drawback to the shield dreads are their speed but holy shit they are tanky, a 3+ invuln on a dreadnought can shrug off an insane amount of firepower

Rifleman dreads are pretty good as well if you dont mind paying the extra cash to get the weapons

Are all/ mostly vehicle lists waacfag? Mines been doing better than expected.

why the extra step of black and are you actually priming or surfacing?

if your blue spray is good enough you don't need black underneath and if you are doing it for shadows, you already wash with blue and black wash in a mix for shadows.

What gunz did they have equipped? How did he deploy them?

They are generally good, but (with a few exceptions) tend to get wrecked by hordes.

Am I an idiot, or is their no description for what the heavy armor ability does on the proteus?

Did FW just through these together at the last minute? That seems like to only explanation for all the mistakes

Why are there no black chaos space marines?

Stupid, but I don't expect anything more than to come out of your insande mind curzefag

Throws an average of 7 attacks, 3.5 hits, and about 3 wounds as a result.

It's 320 points, or near to it. It's really not worth it.

I haven't played conscript spam yet, but I've been doing well against most hoardy armies.

They have some issues when it comes to customizing.
You see, they know that a Smurftalon can replace its smurf with either a smurf, a smurf, or a smurf. Just a little confusion in the translation, I guess.

That's the least of them. The Tau Tigershark can't use its heavy railguns because they're a Macro weapon and it isn't Titanic and doesnt have a special rule for it

I was playing them

2 units of 4 with big shoota and shoota, big mek on bike with KFF, Nob with Waagh banner, 20 gretchins

Gretchins are just charge screen (and troop tax), tanks keep within 6 of mek and banner for +1 to hit and 5+ invuln (until mek flies off to stomp an high-value isolated target)

With 3 36" S5 attacks hitting on 3 (and 2 more s$ within 18"), on a T5 4W 4+ 5++ body they are amazing.

whats your list?

i've seen horde armies crowd on objectives and laugh as vehicles armies try to remove them.

frankly its getting kinda old

Greetings lads. I've been looking to buy a FW knight and I've been thinking about pic related as a good candidate. But I'm open to any Suggestions; the Acheron just seems like a beast. Any suggestions about Knights in general?

Because they wuz good boys

Sounds good! I kept trying to juggle rockets vs. megablasts, but the cheapest way is probably the best.

Your backyard looks super comfy senpai

Are Hellblasters or Longfangs better? Longfang with Plasma Cannon is 36, Hellblaster is 38.

Maybe I should fit in 2 plasma squads with some kind of reroll to hit or reroll 1s. All I'm thinking now is why am I not spamming 30 Sternguard with Liasissadon.

It hits automatically doesn't it?

Is Dawn of War 3 good now that the patch hit?

if you're not into magnets, keep the arms, go 2-2-2, if you find your play style deigns a change you can rearm them later

Any of the tall knights are at least okay

Atrapos is clearly the best

castigators okay

Acheron is okay

Porphyrion is fucking scary.

Lancer is actually quite good.

just don't get the short FW knights, they're balls on dead bad.

The problem I have with rockets is their short range

Is they had a AP-2/3 D2/3 option at 36+ range I would definitely be taking it on some tanks

Building a Taurox Prime for my scions list. What's the preferred main weapon for it? I'm liking the look of the gatling cannon because my gods the 20 shots is gonna be fun, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion.

Gatling. You got plasma on the scions for tank hunting

Anyone else think blast weapons were somewhat overnerfed this edition? I think random shots AND still needing to roll to hit is a bit too much, personally.
Some possible fixes I've been kicking around:
>no rolling to hit, instead the weapon just causes a random number of hits like a flamer
>no random shots, instead they have a fixed number of shots like any other weapon, and BS is the sole determining factor
>roll to hit once, and cause a random number of hits with a minimum (i.e. 3+d3 for large blasts)
>keep them as they are, but damage is allowed to spill over to the rest of unit like mortal wounds
>keep them as they are, but add a scaling "minimum" number of shots based on the size of the unit you're shooting, since there is already precedent for this kind of thing with the demolisher cannon (i.e. d6 shots + 3 for every 10 models in the target unit or something)
Thoughts?

Get a knight.
Fluffy. Powerful plus fills a gaping hole in sisters arsenal (sturdy reliable long-range firepower)
Also takes heat off your transports.

Can't go wrong with a knight.

I've checked the stats of the Atropos multiple times but it just seems kinda meh. Doesn't seem to pack nearly enough consistent firepower but am I missing something?

Oh, right. Forgot about that. So you're getting 7 hits. Which works out to about 6 wounds.

And a point efficiency of about 50 points a wound. Within 2' of range.

For a super-pricey FW model it's really not a great unit.

Plasma cannons get more shots with slightly longer range but with worse AP

Hellblasters get reliably good shots in rapid fire range with better AP and have a second wound on everyone for 2 points.

Whichever you prefer t b h.

All the forgeworld stuff is a mess now. I won't play with or against any of it until they get their act together

Gatling cannon and volley guns, accept no substitutes

Actually autocannons are a completely viable choice as is the missile launcher

The flame version seems a slightly better choice.

No I do not, blasts were cancer and slowed the game down tremendously by just existing, forcing players to spread models and take forever with movement. Never even noticed they were a problem until I played a game of 8th.

Also fuck Wyverns

This would be so much easier if Primaris could ride in fucking transports. WHY GW?

Lots of assault cannons and heavy bolters. Also some heavy flamers.

I feel like I also have decent anti vehicle.

For the Death Guard half of the Dark Imperium box, which would be the best units to get multiples off of from people selling second hand.

I like something along the lines of the last solution, but less drastic. +1 shot for every 10 models would suffice in most cases for any weapon with a random number of shots

Plague marines and pox walkers

Are Fly units required to move?

How ex-blast weapons should be reworked:

Small blast: 1 autohit + 1 attack (not autohit) every 10 models in the target unit (max 3)
Large blast: 1 autohit + 1 attack (not autohit) every 5 models in the target unit (max 6)
Apo blast: 1 autohit + 1 attack (not autohit) every 2 models in the target unit (max 12)

Only if they have a minimum move.

Do units like the Valkyrie and Vulture have a minimum move?

Rerolls to hit, to wound against titanic, vehicle or buildings puts its laser sword over the fucking top in terms of damage, even against a normal reaper chainsword.

Also if you roll a 6 before shooting the graviton gun, that profile is used for all 4 attacks and is fucking sickening.

>M: 20"-45"

I wonder

Rule question.

WS 2 model
In range of +1 was aura
Rerolls 1 to hit

What do I hit on

Friends claim I autohit in melee until I'm debuffed or pulled out of +1 aura range

They've got a grav tank transport
coming out and room to slot in a Lt and a captain for sweet, sweet rerolling goodness.

1's to hit always miss, after rerolls.

Uh... the waaagh banner only gives +1 in the fight phase, not the shooting phase

WS AURA

If the reroll is a 1 you miss.

1's to hit always fail

Look, we both know there's a lot of badly written stuff in this edition, I had to be sure!

Same as if you weren't in the aura.
1's always fail.

So you have a 1/36 chance to miss. Almost autohit.

>WS 2 model
Is that you FW?
But to reply more seriously, it would be 2+ rerolling 1's. Unless stated otherwise, a 1 always fails for to hit and to wound

RIP list builder.

Fair enough. Most people would just read the rulebook, but I guess spoonfeeding works.

F

I DID READ THE RULEBOOK

IT WASN'T CLEAR

I'M NOT RETARDED

Beige

If you have to convince people that you're not retarded, then your probably retarded.