Fantastic Automobile Thread

Post fantastic automobiles. They can fly, hover, go underwater, work in space, be powered by magic or steam or whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FmqHs_6VSzQ
youtu.be/f6W-fg_nRc4
youtube.com/watch?v=wOvg0mpfXdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the APC looks like it was based off of a BTR model

Behold a real BTR

Cars specifically or vehicles in general?

I will accept your silence as consent.

All right boyos, I'm tapped out.

I watched Redline a couple of days ago ), and it got me thinking how a fantastic racing type campaign might go. Pic related, the animators made models for the vehicles in order to keep things consistent, because the ENTIRE MOVIE is 100% hand drawn, no CGI.

The Crab Sonoshee, a hover racer. (the third engine it gets in the model is added late in the movie)

MACHINE HEAD's vehicle. He interfaces with it,

youtube.com/watch?v=FmqHs_6VSzQ

The Hydramobile

They actually built the prop for this, and it can really drive (probably not well though)

It's got 10 wheels and a 7+ meter chassis from a truck, and a dragster engine to move it around the movie lot. And a supercharger, as the director insisted.

youtu.be/f6W-fg_nRc4

The designer used to work for Bugatti and VW, and also did work on Tron

*6, not 10. That was the truck they took it from or something

>100% hand drawn, no CGI
Shit really? that must've been a nightmare.
This one reminds me of the car in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a beauty that one.
Speak of the devil.

That looks like a Fallout version of a hybrid truck
>Nuclear propulsion for main drive
>Three V4 Diesels for emergency power

Being Machine Head must be the best thing in the galaxy.

Just look at where he is on his car. Sitting in a cockpit or driver's seat just isn't enough for him. No, he has to be bolted, in open air, to the front of his fucking car, feeling the VERY ESSENSE OF SPEED upon his cybernetic face.

How can anybody not want to be him?

>Shit really? that must've been a nightmare.

It's got a fairly high...FPS? whatever the equivalent is too so it took nearly a decade to make.

I think the things in the back are supposed to be airbrakes.

Literally his own fucking dashboard ornament.

>taxicab
>going south of the river styx at this time of night

Y'aving a giggle, m8?

kek

>get in loser, we're going shopping

>when you need to hunt stuff at 300mph

Something something transam

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

youtube.com/watch?v=wOvg0mpfXdE

Jak and Daxter series has some pretty dope vehicles. You could give them a look

They've even got flying bikes that are basically just a rocket engine that hovers.

Don't forget the Hellcat!

Oh hey, so this needs some editing, but maybe you'll enjoy this vehicle book concept I cooked up back when we were all discussing post-apocalyptic winter settings.

It's obviously based off the Panhard EBR you vodka-addled slav.

In a land where rubber is extinct, it is much cheaper to just stick some legs on your car.

Nice. Simple but effective with a lot of leeway for the players and GM. Have you though of any scenarios yet?

moar hoverbike

Welp thats a halo rip off

The best aesthetic is high retro sci-fi crome that's been heavily tarnished through use.

WW2 Armored cars are kinda of a good source for designs (and models via the ww2 wargaming markets)

post-war armored cars tend to look too refined, not enough of that "we took a rolls-royce car and just rivetted some light armor onto the chassis" aesthetic.

Japanese Armored cars in particular have a certain retarded charm to them.

As if they were designed to say "yes, a wizard would make this on a whim and leave hundreds of them spread around the countryside for use by whoever might find them".

Of course, never let it be said that America would let a retarded-armored-vehicle gap exist...

It's called the God-Wing. Which tells you all you need to know, really.

As an actual tractor-trailer driver, I genuinely don't know if I'd want to drive this.