No one will ever think you are a great player

>no one will ever think you are a great player

The important thing is that /you/ think you're a great player, user. If you don't, then you should strive to be better.

>tfw have repeatedly thought about anons i recruit as excellent players

... really? What made them excellent?

>a great player

A meaningless label pursued only by those who have never played a roleplaying game.

There's no such thing as great players. You're not the GM; you're not contributing anything. There are only shit players and less-shit players.

You will never be the person Mister Rogers knew you could be.

I doubt anyone ever thinks about me at all.

Pretty sure I'm a good player, given that people invite me to games again and again. If I was That guy, I would not be invited to join other games.

A mentally retarded man who lived with my GM thought I couldnt speak english good because, as a joke, my diplomacy focused character knew 11 languages fluently, but struggled with common. And couldnt pronounce anything in Thri-Kreen aside from prepositions and the word for horse.

So I spent every session talking like I only knew half the words and was fumbling for the rest haphazardly. I rarely go to my GMs place except to play.

The mentally challenged guy was totally mind blown a year later when he finally saw me break character to talk about a movie after the game.

I try to be a good person, and I help people I dont know when I can, within the limits of my ability and safety.

I think Fred would approve, but thats not why I do it. I do it because its the right thing to do.

>You will never be in a game with Ribbon

my group has one great player that finds a way to solve problems with every joke item in the game

The humor in Veeky Forums explained is still Garfield tier but the art has got much better. I really like Ribbon's facial expressions in this one.

Thank god.

Really? Me and my DM will often discuss the campaign outside of sessions and he seems to appreciate my input. I've even managed to do some shit in a campaign interesting enough that the DM did a solo campaign with me to further roleplay the events because my character ended up being an enemy to the entire party despite doing nothing wrong

>yfw the DM said your character is one of his favourites

Better one
>yfw the rest of the group says your character is one of their favorites
>but you were just playing the character as a joke

Out of my current players, two of them are great. The other one is too much of a minmaxer, and although he's a great player for 40k RPGs, his wahammer-ness bleeds out to every other game, which honestly isn't too bad.

If there's anything I dislike is how he and his friends are addicted to the minmax mentality which is now a bit of a problem in a campaign with focus on roleplaying. I dislike to have to be a babysitter for him, and have to take him out of Warhammer Fantasy-land and tone down his power fantasy desires.

/thread

>Play gag sorcerer scam artist in 5e that I threw together in fifteen minutes because my friend begged me to play

>Everyone in the group loves the character, talks about him constantly outside of the game, and treat me as the only person they'll wait for if people are late

>His only gag is enlarge/reduce on everything, quickened and twinned.

This is such an odd story.

if you are actively contributing to everyone else at the table having a good time, you are a great player

why is she in a box?

I have worked hard to foster the image of a great player and a mystery otherwise thank you very much.

I'm actually surrounded by really good rolplayers in my table, it does excruciating damage to my self confidence that I will never be able to compare

Wait, you're not?

>tfw no master to own me

>you will never end a campaign liking your character anywhere near as much as you did when you first wrote them

>Like a game so much you have a character you want to play on it
>You permaDM
Story of my life

Literally who?

Who hurt you?

>A shit tier player joins the group, and is incapable of roleplaying so he roles dice at you instead of talking.
>Tell everyone at out FLGS that I suck at roleplaying.
>Haven't been asked to join in a new game in over a year.

Parents, friends, family of all kinds. Been hurt a lot, stopped investing in others any more so I don't get hurt anymore. Doesn't really work, I hurt myself a lot, but it's better than nothing. I'd like to be close to someone again, but I know they'll give up and hurt me more, so it isn't worth it.

I might have the opportunity to become a great player if I get the opportunity to play.

>tfw my group keeps praising my playing skills

I don't even go for the praise. I mostly just consume high-quality classic stories, understand some things that make great characters, unironically play for fun, push my characters' personality out there, and all the while adhere to principles of roleplaying etiquette.

A lot of people will make character ideas bursting with potential, but get timid during roleplay and never actualize it. You probably won't have much time with your character, so you need to stop worrying about small stuff, drive your character like you stole it, and have some fun before the game's done.

I think my friend Cody is a great player. He enjoys both system and roleplaying and functions as a party leader without overshadowing other players.

NobodyImportant?

Captain America, duh.