Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Have you gotten your Starfinder and Dead Suns PDFs yet? And the Starfinder Society adventures? There are some free adventures with monster stats!

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/products/btpy9u7x?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Quest-Into-the-Unknown
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/print/H1BmROa1_Z
pastebin.com/BgcysupX
youtu.be/cdPI9xuUQKM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvTXs0PTgng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for big fat sheep tats.

I'll probably check later to see what I can get. I forgot they were coming out today. This will be good because I have some friends who are starting up a Pathfinder game and I just told them about Starfinder so hopefully I'll be able to run games and host them at my new place.

She looks like she would give the comfiest hugs

Here are the free mini-adventures for Starfinder Society, which contain a handful of monster statistics:

paizo.com/products/btpy9u7x?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Quest-Into-the-Unknown

To nobody's surprise, the monster math has changed not one bit from First Contact. At CR 1 and above, monsters still use 4 + 1.5 times their CR for "good" skills and 9 + 1.5 times their CR for "master" skills, and Perception is always a "good" or "master" skill.

Do you think a campaign set in the tumultuous first years following the Gap would be interesting?

Sooooo, Rovagug was totally getting let free by cultists so everybody banded together to seal him away in a pocket dimension Gallifrey War style, then wiped everyone's memory and refuse to speak about it to make sure nobody can attempt it again, yeah?

Hey Veeky Forums

Here are my Starfinder houserules to boost Envoys a little, tweak Operatives a tad, and rework Solarians into a cooler class.

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/print/H1BmROa1_Z

plz review

That's part of the plan! being the best beep is the goal. Hugs and being a saucy tart are crucial

Absolutely. The ingrained plot and character hooks of mass memory loss and a great loss of historical context would be really interesting.

Reposting this to maximize the pain. New Accusation Spells!
pastebin.com/BgcysupX

Why are all the Starfinder races so shit?

If they were all really cool than they can't sell you more books showing off the good ones.

That very well might be the case, though it's also just as likely that there's some hidden, lame excuse for the Gap that will never be mentioned because Paizo is about as open to commitment as a 23 year old New York girl.

The Operative is overnerfed. It didn't need a nerf - the other classes needed a buff.

A melee envoy still has to sink a feat into Heavy Armor Proficiency, and is screwing over their skill monkey potential by investing in Strength and bogging themselves down in armor check penalties.

You should allow Operative's Edge to apply to more skills than just one initially.

You have done nothing but downgrade 1st-level solarians for no reason at all, and downgrade solarians in general. You have not even fixed their MAD. Why would you do this?

Yeah, with the timeline it's easier to set up games between the first years post gap to the present. I think it would be neat to have some kind of generational game session taking place over the 300 years of the setting

So I read that Starfinder is science fantasy. Is there elves and dwarves in space and if not why not? Also, how do I get pic related into space?

>Is there elves and dwarves in space and if not why not?

Dwarves and Elves are absolutely in, though sadly I have to say "proper" wizards no longer exist.

Shitty. I was hoping for space wizards.

I mean, you could still be a "wizard" and just be a Mystic who does the flowing robes and typical wizard shit but if you are looking for Wizard the class then it's technicaly not a thing in the starfinder setting.

That said, now I have this amusing idea of a group who ironically do fantasy larping roleplaying in setting

>files away idea for Idol Mystic

of all the people to make this game, why did it have to be paizo

desu, for some reason all you've done is reminds me how so many classes are lacking spells they should really have on their spell lists.
Why is shit like Produce Flame not a magus spell, it's the most basic bitch functionally possible and would for the stereotypical image, you had ONE JOB, PAIZO.

Sasuga, Paizuri.

Something feels off about that math but I haven't seen enough of the game to put two and two together

Secret Wizard please go.

When is the Starfinder talk going to end or get it's own thread?

Lol I've always been here love

What do you want to talk about, homie ponie?

Oh cool, that works. I just put in my order for the core book.

Thanks guys.

So a buddy who says he's an experienced GM sent me his house rules for Giantslayer I am unsure what to think of all this because its mostly tl;dr here's his "reasonable" rules

>In order to Aid Another, you must be trained in the skill.
>There are three ways to Search; Quick Search, Normal Search and Thorough Search.Quick Search: May Search four adjoining squares in one Round, but you only use your Base Perception Score. Others may assist the highest Perception player for the situation, but only using their Base Perception for the assist (no die rolls). Normal Search (Search): May Search four adjoining squares in one Minute by making a normal Perception check. If the situation allows, you make Take 10 on this check. Others may assist the highest Perception player in one of two ways, either for thoroughness or for speed. You are limited to a maximum of 5 assistants in the same area. If for thoroughness, you are limited to a maximum of 5 assistants in the same area. Depending on the situation, these assistants may be able to Take 10. This method still requires a full Minute. If for speed, each assistant, up to the maximum of 5, shaves off a single Round of time spent Searching the area. This does not add anything to the primary players Perception check. Thorough Search: May Search four adjoining squares in 20 Minutes. This is basically Taking 20. Others may assist above, but only for thoroughness (they may Take 10, thus automatically assisting).This is an average time. Some areas may be kind of bare, others packed, but the above times will be used as an average to standardize Searching.
You can also split the party up in Search Teams, with certain people always assisting for time or assisting for thoroughness, etc and just state we are doing our standard Search patterns
>I am going to change crafting in my campaigns. It is way too easy to make Magic Items, so the DC to make an item will now be the CL+10+the market value of the item modifier.
Is this reasonable?

What do people think of the Legendary Gunslinger and or the Rajah?

>Have you gotten your Starfinder and Dead Suns PDFs yet?
No. The connection to paizo's download client times out without doing anything.
This happens every time they release something, though. It's not really a surprise.

The item crafting part is pretty fucking unreasonable, everything else seems not too dumb.

Anyone that calls themselves "experienced GM" has no idea what they're doing. At all. Ever.

Someone post the game they're working on! I want to go on epic adventures and fight giant monsters with my friends!

There's additional rulings he added if you want to see them.

This is true. I'm an experienced DM, been playing for over 20 years over multiple systems. And I don't know shit.

im excited Veeky Forums
are you excited?
im excited
i want to board one of those wierd bone space ships in my space suit and fight my way through space skeletons to plant a bomb on the reactor as the void twinkles through the openings in the hull then run like hell from a horde of space skeletons and jump into the space from the outer hull just as the ship explodes and skeleton gibs fly everywhere and im twirling in spacee laughing my ass off waiting for my ship to come pick me up for a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Well I can imagine why they couldn't put analog on unarmed strikes; an unarmed strike from a robot (Or an android??) wouldn't be analog, after all.
The others though...

>>I am going to change crafting in my campaigns. It is way too easy to make Magic Items, so the DC to make an item will now be the CL+10+the market value of the item modifier.
Why not just ban magic item crafting entirely?
Sure

What did the Bone Sages ever do to you?!

12 years GMing multiple systems here. I am neither experienced nor good. I'm just "good enough" to keep the majority coming back for session 2 and 3.

>Spell casters must make a check to target a cross-section of squares or the center of a hex.This check uses the casters Ranged Attack Modifier vs. AC 5.This check is considered a Skill Check, so a Natural 1 is treated as a -2.
>Use the grappled creature's light load carrying capacity, modified by its size and type, as per the carrying capacity rules. If the grappler weighs less than the creature's light load, the creature can move at half speed, but is considered "Heavily Encumbered" for penalties. If the grappler weighs less than the creatures passive light load, than the creature can move at half speed but is now "Medium Encumbered" for penalties
>Each character starts with 3 Fate Points and 1 Hero Point: Fate Points are used to save the character from death, but that character would effectively be out of the encounter for a bit after that.
>Hero Points will be used as before, without the options of stopping death (that is what Fate Points are for); also, you can no longer cast higher level spells by expending a Hero Point. I will allow you to spend a Hero Point to cast a spell up to your maximum level that you already know, however (as if you had another spell slot to do so); this spell does not need to be memorized (for casters that must do so). If you are a spontaneous caster, that spell can be cast at +1 caster level. Changing the scene can still be used as can be the bonuses of +8/+4/+2 (hero for your own roles, before/after the die roll/after results) or +4/+2/+1 (hero effecting other roles, including the hero's own AC score as a Luck bonus, before/after the roll/after results). Hero Points are now an enhancement to a Luck bonus instead of a straight out Luck bonus (so they now stack if you already have a Luck bonus)

I'll have you a bump with the show that inspired Tailspin

Some things are best left unspoken, user.

Let's talk about the app circus, /pgg/

Let's talk about Bones and Bedshackles. What's just a short pro and con for each app so far? I'm curious as to the general common man's opinion of them!

and we are fighting our way through the ship keeping one step ahead of the skeleton hordes hacking through doors just in time for the horde to over welm us and leave overloaded weapons behidnt hat explode like 20 skeletons and fuck up the door to give us more time to plant the bomb then after the ship explodes the skeleton gibs are flying everywhere in space and some of them are cut in half but still alive and they still try to fight us as we all careen trhough space witha ll the ship debris but we blast the shit out of them and then we are rescued by our stealth insertion ship and we get the gold then goto the space cantina and spend the night with wierd glowy blue drinks and super hot alien turbo sluts!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Legendary Gunslinger (at least what I saw of it) is a bit much to wrap my head around. Looks good, but somehow I've a bit of difficulty on the intake, maybe it's just how it's written in googledocs.

Rajah I rather like. Not really the kind of thing I'd play myself, but I'd like to have one in the party and I do like their abilities.

Pathfinder mechanics question: Some feats have a level prerequisite like, for example, the Disruptive feat has the prerequisite: "6th-level fighter" Does this mean that this feat can only be taken at level 6 for fighters? or (and I believe this is more likely) Does it mean fighters of level 6 and up can take that feat?

It means that fighters of level 6 and above can take that feat, yes.

>tfw the Paizo website is being belligerent and won't let you download your legally purchased PDFs, and none of your sources have the pirated copies yet

Feels bad, man.

10/10
would play in your campaign

The few Elves left are xenophobes who never left Castrovel, and dwarves nearly but not quite extinct like all other Golarian natives (4% of pop on homeworld station) besides humans because those breed like rabbits, but yeah, They do exist.

At least 6 levels of Fighter.

There are equivalences, some archetypes of other classes, etc can say "your levels count as X levels of fighters" with the X usually being something like "this class's level -3"

You can retrain a feat from earlier (level 1/3/5) into that one but a feat only FUNCTIONS while all of its prerequisites are operational. So say you need point-blank shot: if you ever retrained out of the latter you'd lose everything it's a prerequisite for.

Unless an exception is clearly spelled out (usually in some archetype or class ability that grants you a specific feat) then the feat simply does not function for someone who does not have at least 6 levels of fighter.

Every Drow and Elf has a duty to repopulate their race's ravaged numbers!

>In order to Aid Another, you must be trained in the skill.
This is RAW for trained skills iirc. Can't help someone disable a trap if you don't know how.

We were talking starfinder character concepts and it sounds like there's a lot of enthusiasm. Hashing out how to do a Tiefling, space dwarves, whether or not I could sell asteroid bits as 'authentic Golarion rocks'.

We may all end up being galactic con men.

It's a hard job, but someone gets to do it.

Pro: GM seemed like they could actually run a fun game...
Con: ...until they disappeared.

that file name

Will you inadvertently impersonate the gods of native civilizations?

youtu.be/cdPI9xuUQKM

That's not a picture of C3P0

but why is unarmed strike not archaic?
Flesh is definitely softer than steel, and steel counts as archaic.

It is

>immediately started hearing this in my head once I saw it
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvTXs0PTgng

You win this time, Satan.

Hey man thanks for the feedback.

I don't mind Envoys sinking over points to Heavy Armor if they want to go melee. I think it's compensated by the fact that unwieldy melee weapons are pretty damn good.

I unnerfed Operative's Edge. I'll give it another shot. Maybe in my session the Operative was too good because he had three Skill Foci.

I bumped the Armor for Solarians to 1st level. I fixed their MAD by granting them higher base AC. If you have higher base AC, the need for DEX is smaller. I also added Parallax for people who want DC-based Solarians, granting them an effective bonus to their DCs.

Also, check out the new item – I grant Envoys/Solarians their highest stat as key for Resolve, rather than CHA.

just not with each other, despite being the same race, give or take a little apocalypse magic radiation.

>
>Spell casters must make a check to target a cross-section of squares or the center of a hex.This check uses the casters Ranged Attack Modifier vs. AC 5.This check is considered a Skill Check, so a Natural 1 is treated as a -2.
That's the most assanine thing I read all day.
>grapple shit
Unecessary. Complicated. Just dumb.
>Fate Points/Hero Points
This seems interesting. I feel like 3 fate points is a bit much, but it makes sense since no one uses hero points for almost anything other than avoiding death.

>flip through the Starfinder PDF
>alignment is still in for no reason at all
>into the recycle bin it goes

>That's the most assanine thing I read all day.
Let me put it like this. Most Wizards can fucking easily afford a 14-16 Dex on 20 PB along with 18 Int. That's a +3/3 Modifier vs AC 5. You're average d20 roll is 10.5. I see no fucking point to this houserule besides making shanktown more retarded and swingy.

I want to marry a Drow!

Is word in on Unchained Gunslinger vs. Legendary Gunslinger?

Yeah I was a bit confused at that rule

I wish I could explain his logic in some way but this is how he likes to play any tabletop. He hates it when magic items are found as loot he also feels its appropriate to give monsters below CR 2 DR 10/magic to make them pose more of a challenge

There are lots of dwarves if you know where to look. Most of them piled into generation ships for the second quest for the sky.

I want to die.

>CL+10+the market value of the item modifier.
So the DC for crafting a +1 greatsword from scrap has a DC of 1363?

Why do you still play with this person.

Why isn't this person just playing "lol you forgot to lick that doorknob, so you explode" OSR shit. Seems right up his alley. Like what brings people with this sort of mindset to play PF, the game least suited for this.

I want you to see a doctor.

There are few words in this sentence that aren't wrong in some form or another.

Making hero points an enhancement on luck bonuses is tolerable though. Otherwise it screws over halflings and other such.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Why not just say no if you're going to houserule the DC to be arbitrarily high.

I want both of you to play doctor

I think it's more like CL+10+Unmodded item value
So a +1 great sword is 3+10+50, so 63. Still retarded.

Not, him but I went to the doctor and that made me want to die more. But it seems my body is way ahead of me on that front.

He's usually tolerable as a player its when he GMs he becomes an insufferable faggot

That's a poorly planned out scaling away from flying a starship

>he also feels its appropriate to give monsters below CR 2 DR 10/magic to make them pose more of a challenge
This is mine, if using them for higher level encounters. 4e and most JRPGs do similar with a palette swap and raising damage and health instead.

It gets dumber. At least this has the excuse of being a magic weapon, although guaranteed it's now completely impossible for anyone to craft any magic weapons anyways (also it would be +2k DC not +1k, 1k is for armor and it's based on market not crafted value).

Want to make masterwork padded armor? DC 105.

What are some builds- any class- that are pretty good from level 1 (or, at minimum, level 3)?

What gestalt would do well with said builds?

That also means they're no longer CR2 and should no longer only be worth CR2 xp in the setup.

Can I play doctor with you?

Have you tried giving him a taste of his own medicine?

Except DR 10/Magic won't mean shit at higher levels. Dr/Magic may as well not exist at all at that point.

Magic items and normal items use a different DC

Means they have to die to your spell/sword. No tricky shenanigans, and if they can prevent either of those through tuckers kobolding then they're doing good.

Darth Vader as a dark Solarian, how?

I did.
He wouldn't help me achieve my goals.

so who here is gonna play a mechanic? what AI will you use? im having a hard time deciding.

Literally put any magic item in loot that is not alchemist fire will cause him to quit