EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Quality Discussion" Edition

Last Thread: RESOURCES

>Full C17 Decklists:
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Has your opinion drastically shifted on a card (Commander or 99)? What card and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/avacyn-is-best-angel/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-favorites-everyone-dies/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/taigams-taigam-no-taiga/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

(repeating from last thread)
i was leaning twoards getting the BfC deck, and i think it has some artifact reanimation shenanigans so are there any reanim targets i could get to upgrade it with?

I've bought this guy along with some ~20$ bombs to even out the price and slotted him in my Tasigur deck in place of a Sol Ring for a french tournament, and this guy won me many a game

I haven't played in many years. Sold off my collection. Cashed out. Only kept pic related edh. Kinda wanna jam some games with old friends. Ant new tech?

Your a dick OP and you know exactly why.

No but ive cummed to Elesh Norn

Post waifu generals.

>thread question
At first I was very hesitant towards Gisa and Geralf for Zombies, but now it's my favorite deck.

Kind of want to replace the Wonder Twins with pic related.

you sad, strange man.

>Has your opinion drastically shifted on a card (Commander or 99)? What card and why?
misdirection
because its the force of will replacement I thought it would be

this

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE

I want to try building a more thematic deck. What are people's thoughts on using Atraxa to make an infect-heavy Phyrexia deck? Does infect have any big stigma associated with it? Should I lean more towards control or aggro with it?

Have you guys fapped furiously to Atraxay yet?

>Thread question
Big Zurgo, I was super hyped for just smashing the shit out of people but you're kinda toast if he gets removed a few times

I thought Aven Mindcensor would be an auto include in every white deck, it's not helped me once.

>been working on a Atraxa deck on and off since December
>hasn't seen play
>might go to lgs tonight
Am I going to be bullied? It's just counter value with no walkers.

>Atraxa
FUCK OFF

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/avacyn-is-best-angel/

Btw feedback would be nice

Best generalfu

do you build stax with mathas?

I really wish the foil version wasn't so expensive.

Anyone have any experience with God Tribal decks? It sounds like a ton of fun but it also may sound really durdely and dumb

So I'm go to my LGS last night, pick up a couple singles, and sit down at a table and start sleeving while waiting for a game to start. This guy I've seen before who seems pretty casual starts asking around for spare BR cards, whatever he can get his hands on, to round out a Rakdos Blood Witch deck he has building. I directed him to the store owner, who gave him a bunch of Amonkhet draft chaff for free so he could play and some basics, and I told him roughly how many lands to put in. We sit down to our first game, I'm playing Karador, and like an idiot I drop a Mindslicer when there's a Waste Not on the field. Of course the Mindslicer dies, allowing the Gisa and Geralf player to get a huge board of enchantments and artifacts with all of the cards and zombies he got from Waste Not. I top-deck Bane of Progress, and then win with combat damage with it and a huge Nighthowler bestow on a flier.
For the next two games, regardless of life totals, what I was playing, what anyone else was playing, or even board-state, new guy swung at me with everything every turn. Even when I was playing draw-go Oloro and countering/removing the more serious threats of the other opponents.
I'm not even mad, I'm just confused by the dogged grudge held because I won with a 25/25 and a 14/14 two games ago with a different deck.

You and me both mate, gonna have to get one at some point if I want to be really fancy.

Avacyn is a dumb, ugly choker-wearing instagram-posting Melanie-Martinez-listening diaper-wearing daddy issues tumblrgoth ddlg whore

I think as long you make that clear to the playgroup people won't think of you as much as a threat. That being said, I personally target anyone with 4 color generals because it generally indicates good stuff.dec unless it's an explicit wacky theme like atraxa Hydra tribal

>go to shadows prerelease
>get archangel avacyn promo
>sell it for 100 release weekend
felt fucking great. it also did amazing work. avacyn+devils playground were amazing together. naya at prerelease just blew everyone out of the water, which is not what i was expecting.

He's probably just a bad player but could be a weirdo grudge holder instead.

Play with him again next week and report back if behavior continues. Could be fun to Fuck with him if he's a spaz. Maybe build something to directly prison whatever he's doing? Nevermore his commander or some shit

>Best generalfu
doenstevenhavescales/10

He's probably just a new player who hasn't quite learned how determining threat works. You should try to play more politics, say stuff along the lines of " are you sure you want to swing at me, player X just got out a massive value engine out and will likely lock up the field"

Is he even any good

Numot is a boy

>he
are you implying im a gay?
not great but all the cards in this cycle make for pretty decent good stuff generals
only thing you need is to have a few cards like swifties to protect them in the event you end up casting them
WRONG
look at that necklace only women wear necklaces

He's reliable WUR goodstuff. Threaten people's powerful lands while hopefully not putting too much of a target on yourself through land destruction.

I bet she shaves her pussy to resemble the orzhov symbol!

But..

Post yfw the next trip to Ravnica they do Masterpiece Series: Guild Legends, including Masterpiece Teysa.

Please stop lewding best girl.
It's obvious she very clean shaven

Featuring Orzhov symbol landing strip

put scarab god in the deck, wonder twins are better in the command zone.

shiiiiet

Any tips for building a Jhoira Combo/Aggro deck?

Big ass eldrazi
Shit that removes time counters

Thats literally it

So, I was thinking of building Mardu stax a while back, and made a list too. But now I really want the vampire precon. My autism prevents me from having two decks of the same color, so I should find a way to make vampires more control oriented. Maybe with Mathas

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-favorites-everyone-dies/

I'm kind of a dick

Can i please have some feedback on this list?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/taigams-taigam-no-taiga/

Everyone builds Taigam with infinite turns, i tried spicing it up a bit by avoiding infinites and putting some token tech in, can it work?

>not wombat tribal
Severely disappointed by that revelation, user.

That's not a wombat you ignorant swine

Stop badgering people

Whats a good spellslinger commander /edhg/?

Never knew I wanted a Capybara until now.

What colors?
Izzet has Mizeks, who makes your instant/sorceries cheaper

Gruul has Wort, who lets you copy spells

Azorious now has Taigam, who also copies spells

Grixis has Kess now, who lets you flashback a spell each turn. Or several other nice commanders

Was looking for something grixis or dimir, Kess looks good, thank ya

Post yfw Return to Dominaria Masterpiece Series is Timefuckery: Every "extra turn" card ever printed.

>politics, say stuff along the lines of " are you sure you want to swing at me, player X just got out a massive value engine out and will likely lock up the field"

That's super faggy, user.

They said they will stop with Mastershits starting with Ixalan

>Used to own a Saffi
>Lost it somewhere
>8 bucks now
Lame. I just realized I had a bunch of core parts to start building her deck.

>tfw no masterpiece of teferi's piss break

I want to build her for lifegain and spending life to cause damage. So far some things I have are
Hatred
Unspeakable Symbol
Fire Covenant
Phyrexian Processor
Minion of the Wastes
Plague of Vermin

as well as general lifegain. What else would be useful?

Not unless we go back in Tiiiime!

No problem dude. Jeleva or some of the partner commanders with Vial Smasher might also be a good idea for grixis

Debt to the deathless is a pretty funny card for tables of 3-4 people. Also it has one of the most metal arts I've seen on the recent sets

>off by 2

where is Licia from? Ravnica? Theros?

necropotence
greed
ad nauseam

checking who got

no they said they would include them less in future sets. meaning they still exist but will be placed slowly here and there in some sets

At least she isn't Braids, Cabal whore.

Avacyn is pure and amazing and flawless and you are just jealous that your cardfu isn't as pure and perfect. Avacyns is the pinnacle of all angels and all commander waifus.

A true miracle of the universe. Compared to her your waifu is nothing but dust and filth

No, they said they're going to stop doing them every block, but they'll do them when they feel they're appropriate. Amonkhet's Invocations were far too loose compared to the Expeditions and Inventions, so they're wary of doing them again without a strong theme.

Ravnica has enough Legendary creatures that they could easily do a series of entirely Legendary creatures, which is simple and evocative.

Some people thought a roman plane, but actually Ravnica could make sense if she was formerly part of the Boros Legion, explaining the roman themes.

Dega Shrine (Mogis, Keldon Twilight and Spiteful Visions are all good cards to include for easy triggering)
Firemane Avenger
Obzedat
Lone Rider is a poor man's Serra's Ascendant but does fine in a pinch
Searing Medatation if you think you'll have the mana for it
Some other things I'm too tired to think about right now

>Braids, Cabal whore.
fuck off shes pure

>Braids, Cabal Whore
Even the Patriarch knows not to stick his dick in THOSE levels of crazy.

You know, the man who fucked Phage

martyr of sands. thank me later.

user, everyone has to follow some standards and principles.

It is so gun to resolve. The life swing on it is fucking ridiculous. My main problem is I always try to wait for lethal on at least one opponent with it. I have died waiting for that extra 2 mana to make some die. You have to be ready to be archenemy when it resolves. Still nothing better than leaving everyone else in single digits while you shot up by 30 to 60 life.

>Not wanting someone known as The Untouchable to yourself
Are you even a man?

>2 mana: reveal a few cards in your hand, gain about 9 life
Would rather run Feudkiller's Verdict, at least that probably leaves something on the field

Untouchable does not mean "never touched", it means "don't touch if you value you genitals"

Alright I've been taking your suggestions and it seems to look good so far. Now what I'd like more of are ways that I can spend life as a resource to deal damage, whether by a single card or combo.

But who could resist this smile

no it just means she has no clit you dumb idiot

Modern speculators made her spike hard when Renegade Rallier was printed from what I can tell.

>would rather feudkiller's verdict than martyr of sands
the serve different functions. martyr is means you can play a turn 4 licia, and can greatly reduce her cost once the commander tax comes in. feudkillers already costs 6, and will only reduce the cost 10, leaving you with a mana cost reduction of 4 mana. it's not the same, man. trust me. build soul sisters with licia and see how well martyr of sands does.

I've got some interesting things going, but I also need general lifegain in mardu. What would you recommend (aside from lifelink)? Repeatable effects like Nyx-fleece ram would be more useful, plus cards that interact with lifegain like Sunbond.

Gross. Fuck those people.

I guess I can start building Alesha instead then. She lends herself nicely to the same combo.

>Roman plane
>my loins are girded, there is no eay they could fuck this up
>no man sex
>no vomitorium land card
>wizards announces strong female characters and the slaves are all white
I couldn't even

Azusa almost doubled in price in the last few months. How come? It was floating around 20 for so long but now it's 40ish

How the fuck isn't this banned?

GW Company in modern

MODERN!!!!!

6 mana enchantment, 3 of which are a single color, in a format of 50 1-2 cmc enchantment/artifact removal format

also who cares about life totals
fully half of my edh decks win through combo rather than damage

>turn 4
Only if you played her on turn 3 and have at least 2 white cards in hand, otherwise you'd also need mana rocks.
Drawing her later than that is also really fucky, unless you're holding onto some white boardwipes then chances are even her mana reduction might not be so great.
Incremental lifegain is janky, straight lifegain is subpar.

>PAPER
>8.00
for what purpose?

>I have a gojillion life!
>Infinite mana BSZ
>21 commander damage
>Infinite mana Exsanginate
>Lab Man
Really makes you Ponder