Characters we wish we could RP (as PC or NPC)

Other wishlist characters welcome, also contribute if you have ideas or suggestions for any of submissions.

2/2

I tend to just play as the ones I want to play as....

The characters we aspire to be?

Always wanted to play an amnesic wizard but could never find a DM willing to spitball and develop it.

Call it what you will. I think he means concepts you've not been able to play around with because of the system, DM, or just lack of imagination. We all have ideas or interpretations we have to justify to the gamemaster.

I don't think this can be done accurately. People can't be as prepared, determined and can't act as intelligently as is needed when on the spot.

The fuck is this?

Gaige a best

I've wanted to play a discarded robot (or setting-appropriate equivalent) who was created, for whatever purpose, to be without emotion and fulfill its duty to the letter. However, while its learning ai allowed it to adapt to situations this also caused it to develop (or perhaps emulate) human-like emotion. Being a diligent servant it abhors these emotions and tries to justify these emotions (such as protectiveness of the group who took it in) as simply carrying out duties appropriate to its original purpose, or just repressing them entirely.

I know it's not a particularly original concept but I like the idea of a robot getting flustered at someone pointing out it making a quiet joke and trying to pass it off as 'emulating human jokes to raise moral and therefore combat effectiveness' or some other bullshit response.

Global Frequency. A comic. That guy is only in that issue, but he's not the only cyberweirdo in the series.

>as a PC
Any character. Even a shitty pre-made in a setting I dislike. I've been a GM and nothing more for six years.

That's moreso because the dude running it can change shit on the fly. NotBatman is prepared for x, y, z because everything implies that that's what he needs to be prepared for? HA, IT'S ACKSHUALLY M

The only reason batman works is because the author writes him and everything else

Some kind of thief/rogue.

In my 2e game I'm kind of forced into being the tank since we have 3 squishy casters, a ranger and a fighter/thief multiclass specialized in archery

In my 5e game 75% of the people are playing rangers/rogues, so it'd be pointless

>The only reason batman works is because the author writes him and everything else
... yeah so? The way that a character is isn't influenced by the presence of the author. So Batman is prepared for everything because that is how he is and the fact that the author wrote him like that doesn't mean that he suddenly stops having that trait.

I did this once. Jabez the Gnoll Barbarian. I ended up playing him like a combo of Krieg and the Joker.
He nearly died every time we fought something and eventually died from wounds sustained fighting a Paladin of Pelor who was hunting him down for his misdeeds. Somehow his soul managed to get trapped in his old sword and was able to possess our cleric and got the cleric killed.
I'll always miss that character.

Yeah, you'd need to treat "always prepared" as it's own super-power, he comes into a particular situation, he rolls for "prepardness" and pulls bat-shark-repellent out of his ass if he succeeds.
Wild Talents could handle that easily.

Truth. Even if it was shit, I'd appreciate someone taking the reins every now and again.

I played a Mongolian warrior who found out (by convoluted lineage and exiled mother) she was a princess of Faux-China. (Except fantasy, with more dragons, etc).

Playing a brutal conan-motherfucker trying to navigate the plots and schemes of 'civilized' society with honor and Maxim 27, matching feral savage cunning (and almost peerless potential for violence) against intricate political wheeling and dealing was some of the most fun I have ever had in any RPG.

Of course, the GM didn't enjoy it and generally gave the impression of having stumbled into it by accident. Oh well. But I'd love to play that again.

Pretty much anything portrayed by Nathan Fillion.