>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to %ERROR...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>REBOOT?.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: NOT FOUND (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'WHERE ARE YOU?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Back from the Dead Edition.

Do your runners actually use Docwagon?
Has it saved them ever, or just been a waste of nuyen?

dead general edition

Does anyone know if there's a way to upgrade one's grid subscription without also upgrading lifestyle?

What's preventing you from just doing so?

Do you mean RAW, or just in chummer?

Well I can find any way to do so in chummer, but mostly I was wondering if there was something I missed in the RAW before I turned to homebrew rules.

IT SHOULD OF BEEN GHOST DANCE EDITION!

The Great Ghost Dance happened on august 17, 2017 at 10:43am you fucker

Sure you can, just pay the cost.

FUCK, I FORGOT

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE THE GENERAL BECAUSE WE WERE WITHOUT ONE FOR A FEW HOURS

Trying to decide between the normal or collectors edition of the Run and Gun (minimal price difference due to a sale), can anybody tell me about their quality ? Do they fall apart unless bound like the core rulebook ?

I'm talking about getting a local or global grid with a low lifestyle, which as far as I can tell, is impossible.

>my current runner team has broken every part of the Shadowrunner's mantra
>went spray n pray in a factory during a run against NeoNET
>didn't keep our heads down and got caught
>forced into a bargain by Celedyr to track down some data SK stole about the Cerberus debacle
Why are my group mates so inept

The lifestyle in minimum lifestyle isn't minimum to have the thing it's minimum to get it for free

Okay, thanks omae

Would anyone be interested in an alternate ruleset to make some things simpler while capitalizing the things i like and diversifying the core gameplay to allow more types of campaigns more easily?

I'm not sure if I want to downgrade 5e or build upon Anarchy's foundation, or if I want to make something completely different from scratch and distribute my not!shadowrun for free.

Would you be interested in that? What do you suggest, from my choices above? What are some things that are in most desperate need of changing? Any suggestions on what you'd like to see?

I have read your post for like the third time and I still don't know what you are trying to do/ask
what do you mean by
>to allow more types of campaigns more easily?

He's trying to make Pathfinder: Shadowrun Edition, along with Shadowfinder Society.

I have asked this to other groups but I want to hear more replies. Magic is slowly returning to the real world and for whatever reason one of the earliest dragons want you user to become his "shadowrunner", he will give you gold and advice to help you on help him. Everyone knows not to make a deal with a dragon but knowing the shitstorm coming with the return of magic don't you want to have the high ground?

>Would anyone be interested in an alternate ruleset to make some things simpler while capitalizing the things i like and diversifying the core gameplay to allow more types of campaigns more easily?
You like the things you like. Without previous experience in judging what you would like, I doubt anyone else is in as good a position to suggest things that work with what you like.

You fucked it up anyways with the title. Sage, kill, reboot

Has anyone tried out Anarchy? It looks way too freeform and lite for my taste but I might be wrong. Is it compatible with 5e's stuff or is it kind of a standalone?

If he gets me an FN-FAL, I'll do it.

>Chance to learn mother fucking magic
>Picks the gun

/k/ pls

Dude. Geek the mage first.
The best way not to look like a mage is to have a rifle handy and not wear fuckin' robes.

It's completely stand-alone. Enough rules were changed that despite one being clearly based on the other, there's no real cross compatibility.

It's not even light and freeform, it's 5e with a bunch of shit hacked off, but none of the shit that actually makes 5e a mess.

Gunmage, I can dig it

Exactly. Mages should know how to use a gun. Suppressive fire is an asset to the team, and never know when background count is gonna fuck you.

FN-FAL will solve all problems. 7.62 is the purifying element.

If the FAL can't kill it, then we can all follow the advice of Mertz von Quirnheim and blow it the FUCK up.

So, just how badly do I need a commlink? What rating do I need it at?

Fuck you

So in recent thread people have been bandying about how to fix technomancers. And I think I may have found a solution. If one incorporates the brainhacking elements of EotM, as well as letting them slave devices to themselves and have skinlink by default.
and maybe rename them neuromancers bc Gibson[/spoilers]
Thoughts?

Having one is mandatory, but unless you do tech shit rating isn't too important. I wouldn't get a rating 1 though.

Which do you guys like better? Street Scum sessions or Prime Runners? Prime is kind of cool just on the fact that you can actually tell Johnsons to fuck off if your contacts are decent enough, but there's something really charming about the pep and moxie of a low ranking thug getting shit done.

Nice "hypothetical".

Counterquery: If a dragon offers to invest in you in a certain capacity, shouldn't you trust their judgement?

You trust what you're doing is right or something worth doing but rule zero is rule zero for a reason.

Like I said in my first post, everyone knows not to deal with dragons but if the world is about to go through a major change I would rather be under of one their scaly wings then pissing in the breeze

I want to play a pimp knight Landsknecht themed guy. Which way should i go, custom chrome or physad? If i do chrome what is the best way to get good initiative? I dont want to wreck my essence, & i want a gold plated & etched cyberlimb. I plan on using the Highlands Claymore, idk what armor, but im hoping to squeak out the MilSpec Helm since it has 12 avail

>Like I said in my first post, everyone knows not to deal with dragons but if the world is about to go through a major change I would rather be under of one their scaly wings then pissing in the breeze
I'd rather be the person under a rock than with a target on my back. If you're under a dragon's wing, it's only a matter of time before you've served your purpose and are disposed of.

Dragons don't do loyalty.

>I dont want to wreck my essence, & i want a gold plated & etched cyberlimb.
Mutually exclusive. Cyberlimbs and Initiative boosters are the biggest Essence sinks in the game.

I understand, im looking for the best overall. As a physad i could just sink some points into it & have the best in the game. Cyber is harder for me to figure out, because there are three or four different ways to do it

Do you want the most powerful, the Essence cheapest, or the Nuyen cheapest?

You can pick one and only one of those options.

Trying to get into Shadowrun and slowly going through the rulebook, but I'm a little confused on how skill tests work. Could someone explain it for my dumb ass?

You roll a number of d6s equal to your Attribute+Skill+Modifiers.

Every 5 or 6 rolled is a 'hit.'

Count up your hits.

For easy tasks, you only need one or two hits. For hard tasks, you might need four or more.

It's just a basic-ass dice pool roll.

Can you tell me all three? Ill weigh & decide

Thanks for the explanation, my monkey ass will continue reading the book.

Move-by-Wire is the most powerful, Wired Reflexes costs the least nuyen, and Synaptic Boosters have the least effect on your Essence.

There's also drugs, but I don't think that's what you're going for.

Wired Reflexes and Synaptic Boosters are in Core. Move-by-Wire is in Chrome Flesh.

What makes ,ove by wire better? Is there any drawbacks?

Broke NumbaWon rule of Shadowrunning.

Made a deal with a Dragon.

Prime Running is for AAA-rating ball busting shit that would likely change the status quo.

Street Scum is the low-level shit that won't likely change the status quo but gives a pathway for your chummers to do so.

Unless you're running for Saedar-Krupp.

Then its "keeps throwing in suicide missions for you to survive until you can't"

Okay, a GM here.

So my players are fresh streetscum and got a Job to break into a synthalcohol distillery and steal as much as possible.

What sort of equipment should the security of an ,at very best, A corp have ?

I was thinking about some DR 3 Commlinks, streetline special with pepper punch rounds, Maybe a bulletproof vest or something other with 6-9 points armor.

What about drones and defense so that nobody can just drive into their parking lot and steal a tank ?

how big is this distillery?

The actual brewery only takes the space of a small warehouse, so 10x20=15x25 meters. But it's only rentd space in a larger industrial block, with the office beign in the upper levels. Imagen yout typicla shadowrun building with multiply large rooms, office space and relative close to the barrens open for smaller corp, to rent the space.
The whole thins is rather small with eight 35x35 meter floors plus two underground floors.

>3 guards with pistols and armor jackets
>1 drone
>1 heroically motivated worker with ccp
>one guard is dicking around in security room looking at cameras
>security room has bigger guns (shotty and 2 smgs) in case runners go loud
>warehouse is behind a fence
>in case of attack security barricades and waits for help

>What makes ,ove by wire better?
Much bigger bonuses.

>Is there any drawbacks?
Reduced Social Limit.

Dammit /srg/ I now want to give my next streetsam a rifle with the weapon personality mod and have them be their girlfriend.

For context, an A-ranked corporation is a multinational operating in almost every country on earth, with subsidiaries in almost every industry in the market.

The big difference between an A and a AA is that an AA has extraterritoriality, while A has to follow local laws.

If this company is just a large distillery, it wouldn't even rank.

Anyway, the security I'd expect them to have would be a number of guards you can count on one hand - none of which are willing to die over their job - with bulletproof vests, tasers, and heavy pistols. A random assortment of heavy pistols, though - they had to bring those from home.

Anything more expensive than a DR2 commlink would similarly be a luxury purchase from home.

Their parking lot should be patrolled by one (1) Aztechnology Crawler, equipped with a mounted taser, whose main job is to notify the police/security guards if there's an intruder. Expect the panicked security guards to reroute it into protecting them when they barricade themselves into the security room, if an alarm goes off.

The biggest hurdle your runners are going to face is that trucks don't stay at warehouses/distilleries when they're not taking/delivering a shipment. There's probably several trailers at the truck docks, but they'll need to steal some semis if they want to use those. So, if they're smart, legwork will involve going and jacking some rides from a truck depot (which will have significantly higher security than the distillery).

If they're dumb, they're going to load 15 cases into their personal vehicles by hand and call it a night.

>I dont want to wreck my essence, & i want a gold plated & etched cyberlimb
So don't get a cyberlimb. Get a prosthetic or drone arm.

>Much bigger bonuses.
5e; more stable bonuses.

>Unrated
>Most corporations aren't large enough to gain the Corporate Court's notice, so they don't get rated. That doesn't mean they're insignificant-there's some good-sized corps in this category, and some of them are making their owners good money-but they just don't ft the categories defined below.

>A-rated
>You want a rating, you better be a multinational. You don't have to have too many "multis" in there, though-significant operations in two different countries is enough.

>AA-rated corporations
>Since the big prize that comes with an AA rating is that gift Shiawase fought so hard for-extraterritoriality-the criteria the Court uses to hand out this rating is simple. They just ask: Is the corporation ready for it? Issuing your own scrip and managing corporate citizenships takes a lot of work, and you have to do it while still managing your everyday business. The Corporate Court doesn't want to grant extraterritoriality to a corp that is large but unstable, and that might issue scrip only to have it and the whole corporate structure disappear in a poof of corruption or mismanagement at the top.

Well, today i learned something about company rating, thanks.
And by that knowledge the company is clearly unranked. 3-4 rent-a-cops sounds good together with their drone. I also looked up the barrier ritual and it looks like a force 2-4 barrier would be actually pretty cheap to maintain. What about magic protection ?

>Oh user, I love it when you clean me like that

One thing I use a lot for cheap astral security is from 4E, called awakened ivy. It's dual natured, so it impedes astral movement, but because it's ivy rather than a full on astral barrier, it's easily destroyed, or moved on the physical plane, but it can make life difficult for astral projecting mages, since they'd have to kill it in astral combat
Similarly, it doesn't alert anyone that it's been torn down, but it is obvious to any visual inspection

The other option is they hire out astral security, a small group of mages put up and maintain a ward, and one of them's on call, if the ward's broken or security calls them they astral project in, if the situation deserves it the mage throws some spells around or summons a spirit

If they're already getting a security contract, a large enough company might even offer a deal on the full 3 worlds package, a spider (keeping an eye on several premises at once over wireless), a couple drones, some guards and that style of magic protection for only 9,999 nuyen a month, or whatever is reasonable for your area

>Similarly, it doesn't alert anyone that it's been torn down
Stick a manaleech next to it, inside a nutrient container, with an alarm set to go off when the leech stops silently REEEEEing at the ivy. Which it will do when the ivy dies.

>What about magic protection ?
Awakened are only 1% of the population, and actual Magicians are a much smaller slice than that. If a place has only 4 security guards and one drone, they're probably not a big enough deal to bother with magical security - the same way they're not going to have an on-site IT spider. Magical threats will be dealt with along the lines of, "HOLY SHIT, SEND THE POLICE, THEY HAVE A FUCKING WIZARD."

It's more about how hard/quickly the police respond than them actually having on-site countermeasures.

What was that Awakened plant that got spirits high in Shadowrun Storytime?

What percentage of the population would you say are terrorists?

Haven Lily, creates a localized BC

A small enough percent that they don't install bomb-sniffers at distilleries.

Easy there chap, there is a fine difference between a wizard and a terrorist in shadowrun.
One of those things is measurable and can be more or less quantified.
A terrorist on the other hand is very subjective. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

>What percentage of the population would you say are terrorists?
Few enough that security at local businesses let the cops handle workplace shooters and jihadis, rather than having security in place for those eventualities.

The fact that security in at a distillery in Shadowrun are even likely to have tasers is a big step up from real life, where such a location would normally only give someone a flashlight and a walkie talkie.

Security isn't there to fend off attacks, they're there to keep an eye out and call the cops (or HTR, in Shadowrun).

Dude my party is 2 mages, a gun adept,a sword adept, and me, the street Sam. Can confirm I am the 5th wheel in the party

DR 5 is an economical option. It gives you good bang for good bucks, after that the price increase is pretty steep.

Also, skills don't always roll their primary associated attribute. The book will tell you which attribute you roll with the skill when that is the case. If none is mentioned, its the default one.

Plasteel Toe Boots.

>I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I don't have a mouth.

It sounds like you just want FAB (I or II probably, III is a little harsh) from Street Grimoire my man.

So, Thunderbirds.

Is it a dick move to let them cast Lightning Bolt with the LoS of an eagle?

>The fact that security in at a distillery in Shadowrun are even likely to have tasers is a big step up from real life
The sixth world is a bigger step up than that. Civilians wear body armour on the streets and carry pistols or other small weapons, just in case of paracritters or other (meta)humans.

Ivy doesn't just die when it's torn down, dummy.

Plus, even if some Ivy is down, it doesn't mean all of it is.

> Civilians wear body armour on the streets and carry pistols or other small weapons,

Eh, I don't go that grimdark when I run Shadowrun. There are certainly bad neighborhoods where people do this but there are a lot of places where this is not the case.

It's time for me to do something stupid and futile. As an exercise in creative writing, I want to reboot Shadowrun to fork it from our current timeline instead of 1980's. Obviously all the elements will need to be there - metahumans, magic, paracritters, the tech, etc. But I want to un-fuck the road there.

What, to you, are the important notes to hit?

>There are certainly bad neighborhoods where people do this but there are a lot of places where this is not the case.
Yes but its pretty binary. Either you are in the neighborhood where everyone has armor clothes and holdouts or you are in the neighborhood where no one is allowed to have any of that because of the absolute control exerted and the drones patrolling every square inch for the corps.

Zero reason to not protect the ivy from being parted, leaving only astral combat for astral passage through it. Dummy.

That's why the basic-ass distillery security guards have tasers and pistols instead of just flashlights. It's a step up, but there's still a cost/benefits analysis that companies have to do.

We're not talking about a major corporate office where there are dozens of guards, all kitted with SMGs. We're talking about the night shift at an independent distillery.

I know people who do that irl user. Your argument is stupid but I don't have enough time in this bathroom stall to explain why.

Depends on when you're forking it from in our timeline. Early 2000s? Near future? Current Year?

Just be warned, trying to figure out how to balkanize the US is gonna take the thread full /pol/. Be ready or abort now.

The immediate implosion of the US in civil war.

China goes wild on ware and creates a SOX-like wellspring of toxicity.

Totem wars ravage Europe, indigenous totems defending against the Jihads of totems from the various refugee states, Scandinavia tentatively sides with europe but also pulls their nose up at them to some degree and goes real big on the Dolphin/Whale totem sort of direction.

Stupid kids that read Harry Potter and end up Awakened die in droves because they do "cutesy" shit like wands while other Awakened just pulp their skulls with magically enhanced fists they can have without saying magic words.

Remote places like Australia face huge buildup of powerful Awakened critters and spirits but also develop powerful magical traditions.

Africa experiences genocides as warlords round up everyone who can threaten them with their newfound power and have them killed in futile efforts to maintain power.

>Your argument
I don't have an argument. I'm just pointing out things Shadowrun tells us.

So, start diverging in 2016 with Hillary winning the election, and louder accusations of Russian meddling?

I don't see why you'd diverge with Hillary winning, unless you think it would be a good way to lead into corporate rights extensions leading to extraterritoriality.

Forking from the current year. The thread talking about the eclipse and the ghost dance and the missed opportunity gave me the idea of the first mana spike being on August 21st 2017, coinciding with the eclipse. Visions inspiring future NAN leaders of something coming to take advantage of. etc.

>Just be warned, trying to figure out how to balkanize the US is gonna take the thread full /pol/

>The immediate implosion of the US in civil war.

This was exactly my thought. To avoid the thread going full /pol/ I'll just summarize my current nebulous idea as. "Civil War, but also the NANs take advantage of the chaos and empowerment of magic to establish themselves and their territory"

Corp rights, pissed off US electorate, and most importantly from the civil war perspective: Appointing a Supreme Court Justice that's anti-2nd Amendment.

That'd be the fastest way to get people so inclined up in arms.

Also no. Fuck the NANs as a concept. Just drop them for the lower 48 You might get the Manitou and others up in Canada though.

It's pretty obvious if you fork from current day that you'd get an immediate conflict. The US is often incapable of accepting negative parts of itself and work on their betterment, they instead practice rejection.

"Un-American". No other country does this. There is no "Un-Spanish" or "Un-French" or "Un-Canadian". The US offers nothing but rejection and never works through their issues, even though they're dealing with party of the voting public they just further antagonize. It's exactly the wrong way to try and solve the nazi issue currently, unless you plan on just deporting them all. It's a hard set Us Vs. Them mode of operation, and as such will immediately escalate to open conflict and civil war if the sudden shift in power and especially personal-level empowerment happens.

Meanwhile the Europe angle suddenly has opposing cultural and religious views suddenly empowered by very tangible religious traditions and icons and totems and while the possibility of co-existence might have been there before, the totems generally don't compromise that much when it comes to representing their interests, stirring the pot until things will end up erupting. Scandinavia, and maybe the exiting UK, will try to seperate themselves. Scandinavia especially will establish an image of being "better" than Europe. Remote places like Iceland and Greenland may ally with them, providing the large-scale magical backbone due to the pure mana there, whereas continental Scandinavia provides the industrial.

China just becomes a cesspool but actually arranges itself with being a horrible cesspool and people continue to live there, getting polluted every day. Japan next to them .... probably pretty much ends up like in Shadowrun, really.

I consider the NANs an important part of of Shadowrun, though. The idea that there are people who are disenfranchised, spiritually connected in such a way that the resurgence of mana gives them them a leg up in the sixth world.

Plus, an opportunity to flip power structure on its head and become the oppressors rather than the oppressed.

I wouldn't do the dumb shit that they did in SR 1e/2e, though. Because it's stupid impractical.

>THIS IS NAN LAND AGAIN, NON-TRIBE GET THE FUCK OUT!
>oh shit the cities are fucking empty because we lack population and we're struggling economically due to brain drain
>PLEASE COME BACK

Instead they'd just introduce tiers of citizenship. Full blooded tribesmen are the highest class. Partial blood would be acceptable but not the same. And people who live in NANs without being tribesmen at all? Eh. I wouldn't put them at the Sin-less level, but an exploited and discriminated class for sure.

The Elves can do all the "got my power, now I am the master" shit for you. Like, the returning elves. Not any NAN elves.

Native Americans coming back as a political force and having Shamanic Powers? Yes.

Having them take over half of North America, with current population levels? Even with 'Just one drop policies?' Fuck no. Smallpox blankets 2.0 happens.

You're not gonna be able to pull off the whole 'second class citizenship' for baseline humans without forcibly disarming the populace.

And guess what? The NANS try to exist where the rate of individual gun ownership is the highest, as well as the majority of the USA's nuclear weapons.

NANS as a separate nation are a nonstarter, and Shadowrun's writers should be shot in the street for trying.

I think the big question here lies not with the metahuman populace of the NANs or otherwise, but with the Astral.

In a ton of places a lot of industrial efforts (or shit like large-scale logging of rainforests) will complete grind to a halt because suddenly locations become controlled by Spirits and Paracritters.

If the NAN try to capture Salt Lake City by themselves, tough luck, but if suddenly the spirits of the Great Salt Lakes are fucking up all the assholes in the city but the spirits are cool with the Natives, that changes a lot of things.

>an A-ranked corporation is a multinational operating in almost every country on earth, with subsidiaries in almost every industry in the market.

Fake news

>I consider the NANs an important part of of Shadowrun, though.
I consider them the worst part of Shadowrun, though.