/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

"Gen Con" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Who's making the new 40k RPGs?
ulisses-us.com/in-development-wrath-glory-for-warhammer-40000-roleplay/
Ulisses-Spiel, very well known in Germany. It's set post Gathering Storm, uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.0.0) (Total Conversion Deathwatch into the Horus Heresy)
mediafire.com/file/sbaiodixbeoxxd1

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Prev: Any news from Gen Con? Wrath and Glory was supposed to be previewed there. How are people taking the Dark Imperium background and Shadowrun-esque dice pool system?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.ss13.co/Cogmap2/Plasma_Research
youtu.be/g5WYdkyQdXY
drive.google.com/file/d/0By75yN4jPDckNUxENzZER3N5alE/view?usp=drive_web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mean dark imperium is weird, and shadow run is a clusterfuck, meaning GW will support the fuck out of it

does anyone know if psinescience can detect if a player is possessed??

Doing BC right now, fairly new, how hard would it be for a Khornate character to specialize towards getting lots of minions and doing Daemon summoning? I'm not sure if I can get the unaligned psyker to help me with what I'm planning, so what should I go for while also being able to remain the main frontline fighter?
Playing a human renegade,kind of going for a 40k version of Valkia the Bloody, converting feral worlds to sources of chaos warriors and mortal champions of Khorne.

It should as a daemon is on the list for what it can detect.

Are Knight worlds exempt from the guard tithe?

A homie pointed out something to me. There technically already IS a system out there, beside Shadowrun, that uses pools of D6, rolling above or below certain success thresholds, that we're all incredibly familiar with.

It's called Warhammer 40,000. The madmen did it - they actually turned the RPG into the Tabletop.

I need ideas for a mission to send my Acolytes on for their second mission. Most of my ideas are for setting up the overarching plot of the campaign so they need to be a little later.
Any help?

They are sent into the underhive to find heresy but they found Necrons instead

They are acting as clean up for another of their Inquisitor's warbands, burning witness and the like, when they find what got the first team killed.

What that was depends on your inquisitor's Ordos, although I'm a big fan for "The time displaced daemonic versions of their future selves caused by a failed Gellar field."

I think I should make it clear that I meant the first team's future selves.

Making it your own team's future selves makes it anti-climactic when they explode from a cultist's grenade.

Ask your GM if he'll let you take Bloodcallers. Tome of Blood, page 46

I was reading Battlefleet Koronus, and the Ground War rules seem really basic. How do you guys feel about them?

I might be able to find a way to implement that. Maybe a tomb was breached and reactivated a small number?
Think I might go with this next.
Thanks guys

They don't work too well if you don't use a battlemat, but if you have a battlemat they can work well enough.

Anyone have any interesting artifacts? I could use some for my campaign. I can share the few that I've made, if anyone's interested

Should I use the Severan Dominate for my Only War game or should I use my homebrew Severan inspired guys who basically are just Nazis?

Severan Dominate.
Nazis are in many respects entirely indistinguishable from the Imperium.

>Severan inspired guys who basically are just Nazis?
You mean someone at the administratum made a fuck up and got an IG regiment to invade an imperial world?

Yeah after a long bout of thought I thought that would probably be a better idea.

No, they were going to invade a world that was rebelling and bring it back under control with assistance from some of the nation states on the planet that stayed loyal. Eventually they'd march on the Capital and slowly the pristine image of what seems to be legitimate reasons would shatter to reveal they had been putting POW's and dissidents in camps to be taken away by Dark Eldar in exchange for some help and it'd slowly be revealed they were really being manipulated by a Lord of Change who was controlling the head honcho of the whole rebellion.

Does anyone know what company holds the license for dark heresy? I'm trying to get a local printshop to make me a personal set of dark heresy books and they said I need permission from whoever holds the license. I tried talking to GW customer support but they were completely useless. And I couldn't find any info about the license on FFG's website. Do you guys know who holds the license and how I could go about getting permission?

kind of a chaotic time for licences, you are probably better off buying a printer

ulisses spiel owns the license, but they'll say no cause they want to sell the books now

just print it at a library

It is often said that mid level Rogue Trader characters can wipe the floor with Space Marines.

Now, how do you make that happen assuming you have a small squad of very angry astartes assaulting your ship because they think they found heresy oh god please help. They'll tear through the crew in a few rounds, what can be done to have a fighting chance? Let's assume for a moment accusations of heresy which might arise after killing the angels of death is not a concern.

What do you have at your disposal?

Fleeing and activating the self-destruction of your ship while the Astartes are inside seems pretty fool-proof to me.
Okay, I guess you want keep your ship.
In that case, you have to take every advantage you can get. You know your ship, they don't. Try to run them crazy and make them waste ammo on servitors. Send your most sneaky crew around air ducts and drop melta grenades on them. Unleash your secret giant tentacled xeno cratures on them. (You DO have a dangerous xeno-zoo somewhere on your ship, right?) Open airlocks when they expect it the least.
This is not war, this is vietnam. And you're the vietnamese. They may get smart and decide to simply blow our ship up. But if they underestimate you and dare enter your lair, make them remember that in this dungeon, and you are the Overlord. What you say is law, and your law is terror.

Profit factor 65, maybe some meltas and a crack crew. The party consists of a socially inclined rogue trader, choppy explorator, a radical borderline xenophile priest and a tanky armsman.

Plasma grenades are good, but what can fuck them up when they finally cut through the crew? Autocannons? More meltas? I'm afraid they'll cut through bulkheads to get around chokepoints

>Okay, I guess you want keep your ship.
Stage down to 'just' sealing off sections of the ship and lighting them on fire.

Aren't astartes immune to fire? Will a "regular" fire be enough to get through armour and toughness? We also have some friendly xeno nova onboard but apart from an ork they're not particularly combat ready

wiki.ss13.co/Cogmap2/Plasma_Research

By "fire", I guess he means "total destruction" or "direct exposure to the deadly void of space'.
You could kick that up a notch do it while jumping through the immaterium if a jump is possible under those conditions.

>Aren't astartes immune to fire?
Considering there's a special relic armour that is immune to fire ... no.

>Descent Into Flames (Fire Lords)
>The wearer is completely immune to fire-based attacks, and cannot be set on fire.

>Will a "regular" fire be enough to get through armour and toughness?

Well, let's look at it.

>A character suffers Damage from fire each Round he is exposed to it. At the beginning of each Round after the first in which a character is exposed to the same source of flames (or if he is hit by a weapon with the Flame special quality or suffers certain Toxic Critical Effects), he must make a Challenging (+0) Agility Test or catch on fire.

>Once a character is on fire, he suffers 1d10 Damage (with no reduction from armour) and takes 1 level of Fatigue each Round until the fire is extinguished.

Once they're on fire, AP won't stop it, the TB will - for a while. Then they'll fall over.

Are you saying we have a chance to grab bodies of SEVERAL unconscious Astartes in good condition?

Holy shit, this is great.

Anybody?

Well, that is if things goes really well and the Astartes are stupid enough to all board your ship, stay together, and keep no backup plan in case this situation occurs, which sounds pretty obvious to me.
They'll probably be prepared for this situation. They may even bring space respirators and depressurize part of the ship before entering, if they're really careful. Phosphex car still burn in a vacuum, but I doubt you have phosphex at your disposal and even then it's really dangerous to use.
The biggest issue though, would be that they probably won't send all their Space Marines on your ship. If their mission go awry, they may change priorities and simply switch to ship to ship combat. Which means you'll have to deal with both the Astartes intrusion and space shooting.
Of course, all of this also depends of which chapter is going after you. If they have a particular quirk, maybe you can prepare a bit better for their arrival. Or just start praying now.

Uh, I think they're after some precious cargo and intel they probably won't blow up the ship. Thing is, judging by what we've gathered, they might send the Deathwatch because we've been spied upon by ordo xenos and we are not aware of any concentration of adeptus chapter in the region, but it's probably we just don't know who's where.

Someone hunt down the pamphlet about Ulisses' plans for WanG they're handing out at GenCon asap.

maybe when I get home from work

video interview said playable harlequins

>WanG
Might as well call it wang now.

>primaris marines can't get genetic defects

this is stupid, the gene seed defects are one of the best parts
>no adamantium spiked 12 foot primaris marines

Nigga, did I just catch you wanting Your Dudes?

Hmmm?

It's a Boondocks reference implying GW is trying to reduce the creative options of its playerbase.
youtu.be/g5WYdkyQdXY

Hehe. What do you mean by Your Dudes though?

Your Dudes. You know, chapters or armies you create. Dudes that are yours.

Oooh alright.

defects are stupid. they're a shallow way to add "depth"

The death of re concept of Your Dudes is the most tragic thing about nu40k.

So with corebooks for some of these games going for rather high prices on Ebay, would it be legal if, after buying the pdf off drivethrurpg, I were to have a copy of, say, Only War bound for personal use? Where could I get it bound even?

go to a library and get it printed

Alright. Guess I'll share one of mine in the meantime.

Codex Umbra:
A book with a simple black cover that never seems to have the same amount of light falling on it as the surrounding environment, the Codex Umbra has several shadow-based powers. Unfortunately, most of the book is written in an obscure language, and must be translated before new abilities can be discovered (a hard (-20) intelligence extended test with at least 10 total degrees of success will suffice for each segment.) Each time the book is used, roll 1d10. On a 3 or lower, the user gains 1d5 corruption.
Another side effect of using the Codex is that the user's skin pales and his eyes become pitch black for a moment while chanting from the book, becoming more obvious and long-lasting as the user's corruption increases. (Noticeable with a Hard (-20) awareness test from 0-29 corruption, and a -10 thereafter)

The Codex Umbra's abilities are as follows:
Dark Bolt:
Functions like the Force Bolt power, the user makes a ballistic skill test to hit the target, inflicting 1d10+2 impact damage, ignoring armor, if successful.
Uses a half action.

Shadow Hand:
Functions like the Telekinetic Crush power, but the user receives a +10 to the opposed Willpower vs Toughness Test. If successful, the user may inflict 1d10 plus 1 point of damage per psi rating impact damage, or simply grapple the target of the power. Uses a half action. It can also grasp and hold light objects from a distance, though it can potentially be obstructed

Summon Doppelganger:
Summons a slightly weaker duplicate of the user, which appears very pale and has black eyes. Much like the darkling, it assists in combat and can obey simple commands, though the doppelganger has less of a tendency to interpret orders in the most literal way. Use the summoner's combat stats and subtract 10, it is armed with the last weapon that the summoner used. Up to 2 doppelgangers can be summoned, each inflicting 1 level of fatigue unless a Difficult (-10) toughness test is passed. Requires a full action.

The Codex Umbra's abilities are as follows:

Dark Bolt:
Functions like the Force Bolt power, the user makes a ballistic skill test to hit the target, inflicting 1d10+2 impact damage, ignoring armor, if successful.
Uses a half action.

Shadow Hand:
Functions like the Telekinetic Crush power, but the user receives a +10 to the opposed Willpower vs Toughness Test. If successful, the user may inflict 1d10 plus 1 point of damage per psi rating impact damage, or simply grapple the target of the power. Uses a half action. It can also grasp and hold light objects from a distance, though it can potentially be obstructed

Call Darkling:
Summons a featureless, vaguely humanoid creature made of darkness to aid in combat which uses the following profile: WS 40, BS 0, T 30, Agi 40, 8 wounds, 4 armor everywhere, attack deals 1d10+3 I, pen 2
The entity can follow simple commands such as “Attack” and “Stand guard here.” More complex commands require a Difficult (-10) Command test. Requires a full action.

Summon Doppelganger:
Summons a slightly weaker duplicate of the user, which appears very pale and has black eyes. Much like the darkling, it assists in combat and can obey simple commands, though the doppelganger has less of a tendency to interpret orders in the most literal way. Use the summoner's combat stats and subtract 10, it is armed with the last weapon that the summoner used. Up to 2 doppelgangers can be summoned, each inflicting 1 level of fatigue unless a Difficult (-10) toughness test is passed. Requires a full action.

No, look up fair use policy

>Mask of Magos Tungsten
Ancient augmented reality goggles once worn by a venerated Tech-Priest. When worn, it provides 3 AP to the head and gives the user a +10 bonus to Scholastic Lore (pick one) and Tech-Use tests. The mask will detect and blot out the view provided by any other optical device.

That'll work on everyone except for the Techmarine, and a character with Frenzy.

The Blood Rose:
An elegant one-handed sword with a basket hilt covered in small metal barbs made to resemble thorns and a rose design etched into the blade, the Blood Rose has potent abilities that increase its killing power at the expense of a small amount of the wielder's life force.
Without a blood sacrifice, the sword uses the following profile:
1d10+4 R, Pen 2, Balanced, Best craftsmanship

However, the user can sacrifice up to 5 wounds to add an additional point of damage and penetration per wound spent in this way and the attack also gains the Tearing quality, the wielder also regains 1d5 wounds after successfully dealing damage. This applies to the next successful strike. If this power is used, the wielder must make a Very Hard (-30) willpower test to sheath the weapon if they have not killed an enemy with it. Failure results in 1d5 corruption points and the user feels a lingering bloodlust that grows stronger as they grow more corrupted.

What type of artifacts? Generic artifacts of the dark age of technology? Artifacts made so by the deeds of their wielder? Unique one-off creations that withstand the test of time?

Anything, really. I could just use some unique pieces of equipment to sprinkle here and there, be they holy relics, tainted by Chaos, or lost technology

Coincidentally I came in here to ask about holy artifact ideas

Besides stuff like weapons and armor?

>deathwatch?
Unless the GM feeds you victory you die

unless you keep a big ass tentacle rape monster on your ship like most good traders do

>>WanG
>Might as well call it wang now.
Oh I am. With love of course.

A probably cursed charm looking like a regular Aquila necklace, but makes anyone who grips it with his hands tightly teleport behind the back of the closest man observing (and gain corruption per use and test Per, to avoid being desoriented on appearance)
A sacrificial goblet that restores wounds (and maybe fatigue) if blood is drunk from it. Trick is that the blood should be poured from freshly open wound, dealt in a fight, otherwise corruption and wasted breakfast
A Sphere of Indistinguishable but Pale Colors, a tainted artefact, which in whisper of many voices unfolds desirable secrets to its user (though, not in a straightforward way, usually with amounts of insanity). Should be cracked, the sphere will literally scream, making anyone, who hear it test corruption or be stunned by the sound and become permanently deaf to its voices. Overtime sphere mystically restore its integrity, leaving no trace of damage suffered
A cybernetic eye implant, which make user go blind on the eye it reolaces, but grants the ability to see peoples auras and immediate urges and mood (and level of corruption)

Depends on your jurisdiction.
Here in Germany, we are entitled to so-called “private copies”.
IANAL btw.

Sure m8, made up a whole bunch of them for a Rogue Trader auction.

Captain Arcanus Castor’s Brace of Dueling pistols
A complex magneto-mechanical brace made by the master gunsmith Berett H. Koch on commission for Captain Arcanus Castor, most famously used by its late owner to cut a bloody swathe among Zaithite ranks in the massive fleet action in orbit of Galmax. It functions by magnetically catching and launching the pistols into the hands of the wielder the simple machine spirit of the brace is set to recognize. Allowing its user to continuously draw, fire and reload the Antietam Dueling pistols held in the brace at truly staggering rate.
Class: Pistol Damage: 1d10+5 E Rld: Full
Range: 45m Pen: 5
RoF: S/-/- Clip: 1
Special: Accurate
The mechanical brace allows the character to draw a new pistol as a Free Action and returning it to the brace automatically reloads a pistol.

Boltgun of the Promethean Crusade, Zaggokks Bane
Zaggoks Bane was wielded by an unknown martyr and slew the enormous Ork warboss during the battle of Epsilon-14-Traverse with a single shot, disrupting the vast orkish horde and granting Imperial forces victory. It is said to be imbued with a singular hatred for the greenskin race and its blessed bolts rend orkish flesh as easily as a powerfist tears ferrocrete.
Class: Basic Damage: 1d10+6 X Rld: Full
Range: 90m Pen: 4
RoF: S/2/4 Clip: 24
Special: Tearing, Sanctified, Best Quality, Orkbane
The weapons holy wrath against the greenskins grants it double damage when attacking Orks.

Cont in next post

Cont'd>

Blashyrk Crystal Pyre
This 3 meter tall crystalised pyre is alleged to be the sacrificial pyre of a thousand of the psyker-shamans of the barbarous world of Blashyrk. Rumored to be an incredibly potent amplifier of psychic powers, similar to other psy-foci, but able to be used by multiple psykers at once to form potent choirs of psychic destruction. However, said rumours also speak of that the trapped souls of the Blashyrk shaman strike out with horrible curses or attempt to entrap the souls of those who dare to use the crystal pyre for their own ends. The Blashyrk Crystal Pyre functions as a Psy-focus for a choir of Psykers to use psychic powers, providing a +10 bonus (up to a maximum of+60) for each Psyker participating. However, using the Crystal Pyre automatically causes psychic phenomena.

Skull of Akkad Jacobus
Once, Akkad Jacobus was a senior advisor in the general staff of Lord-Militant Priscus Halwood and among the most respected psykers in Acheroni high society. However, he fell in combat against the Zaithites during their Black Crusade in 666.M41 and all that remains is his rune inscribed skull that functions as an extraordinarily powerful psy-focus. It is also said that the skull contains a portion of the dead psykers essence and that his wisdom can be granted to those that commune with it.
Communing with the skull grants a +10 to Lore tests and it also functions a psy-focus. However, after three communions the nascent spirit of Akkad Jacobus awakens. While powerless, he is very angry, prone to mockery and not at all content with his current predicament.

Cont'd in next post.

Cont'd

Power armor of the Silent Sovereign
The personal power armor of the late Dareios Xerxes Marduk V, Satrap-Governor of Dis during the Third House Wars, slain during the battle of the Burning Pillars against the 300 Myrmidons. The armour has been beautifully restored to its original condition, as a striking and nigh-blasphemous copy of the power-armour the God-Emperor himself is said to have worn during his final confrontation with Horus. As immortalized on nano-canvas by the Remembrancer Adrianus Smith.
AP: 9 Chest, 8 Rest
+20 Strength, increases size by one step
Sub-systems: Military power pack, Advanced Helmet Sub-systems, Respirator, Void-hardened, Chem-injector, Incense burners

The Golden Book of Misrayim
A legendary text from the dead world of Misrayim in Acheron, former homeworld of the traitorous Void Princes. It is said the text was used by the Priest-Kings of Misrayim to keep death at bay and extended their own lives far beyond the span allowed by rejuvenat treatments. Some legends say it even granted them the ability to raise the dead. Whether or not it truly exists, this is not the Golden Book but a very well-crafted fake. Studying its contents will yield no wisdom, but only frustration.

The Personal Teleporter of Eugenia van Hansteen
The Teleportation pack of the now missing Rogue Trader Eugenia van Hansteen, who disappeared without a trace under mysterious circumstances. Approx the size of a small backpack.
Functions as a Teleportation Pack without its negative effects.

Cont'd

Cont'd>

Mirrorswords of Leanansidhe
The paired Mirrorswords of a Howling Banshee Exarch who rampaged and murdered her way across Acheron for nearly a hundred years on what is believed to have been a heathen pilgrimage to the Eldars murderous gods. Among the best swordsmen and duelists at the time in Acheron fell to her blades until she and the Myrmidon Achilles Sigma-III slew each other in the mountains of Bellerophon.
Class: Melee Damage: 1d10+7E Pen: 9
Special: Balanced, Power-field, Best Quality
Grants one additional hit for each DoS when dual-wielded.

The Dreaming Heart
The mysterious artifact that is the highlight of the auction. Contained within an advanced metallic shell of unknown provenance, the Dreaming Heart is an orb of neutronic matter the size of a golfball but with the weight of a mountain. The orb-shell that contains it neutralizes the immense and dangerous weight through unknown feats of gravitic techno-arcana, allowing it to be handled as any fist sized piece of metal.

That is however not why the Dreaming Heart, is so sought after. Its value and mystery comes from the rumours and myths surrounding its mystical properties that it is the key to the legendary Vault of Hades, supposedly containing within it the power to rule all of Karybdis.

The mystical properties of the Dreaming Heart allows it to reverse or disrupt gravity in an area of 10+2d10m centered on the holder when the shell is twisted and turned in a special sequence, causing everyone but the holder to float or crash into the ceiling (or continue flying upwards into the sky until out of range of the Dreaming Heart). Another usage of the Dreaming Heart allows its wielder to generate an inviolable energy shield with a diameter of 10+2d10m centered on the wielder for 2d10 turns. Performing any of these sequences is a Full action. Each of these feats can only be performed once a narrative hour.

And that should be all of them.

>uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

YES

So tired of one gameline with noncompatible rules for shitty humans, another for shittier humans with more money, another for even shittier humans, yet another for beakie boyz and yet another for spikey boyz.

Total noob about the WH40K universe here (except for a few things I only played a very nice game of Rogue Trader once) Is reading the book from the Repositories a good start to learn more about it? It seems fun

Admech Knights are (but are less independent), Imperial Knights aren't (and are also poorer).

One hit from a flamethrower and the proud space marines are whimpering in pain, and rogue trader can outfit unlimited amounts of dudes with far better gear than the miserable poorfags known as the Adeptus Astartes.

Space marines nearly automatically lose with one hit from a flamer.

space marines are seriously nothing special... in the 40k rpg.

They have a giant blob of TB + armor and borderline fear immunity and that's it.

Hit them with a flamer = they lose.
Hit them with the EMP grenade thingy = they lose.
Most moronically, force fields etc. aren't standard on them despite being dirt fucking cheap in the 40krpg universe, so they wind up being rather wimpy compared to the troops Rogue Traders can get for themselves.

R8 my sector/wilderness space map /40krpg/

And with chartered and stable warp-lanes.

bit empty, but I really like it, maybe bit better than original stuff in the books

Is the size category change worth it on heavy power armor compared to light power armor?

nope, especially not for such a minor armor boost

My group homebrewed fire so it ignores toughness instead of armor. Can anyone explain to me how it makes sense that terminator, powered, and environmentally sealed carapace armor in useless in the face of of being set aflame, but the ogyrn who went to the gym everyday could effectively shrug off being on fire forever.

Well, not all armor, environmentally sealed armor. Which funnyenough makes for deadlier or higher powered games depending on the system we're using. F Only War parties

While most of the relics I used in my last game came from Horus Heresy Book 4, I did make relics based on the actions of each of my players, as a thought experiment, based on their chosen gear or significant events / kills.

Zatmeniye
It is said by those who have seen this relic Storm Bolter in action, that it never misses. Its machine spirit has become as predatory and unerring as the Praetor who first bore it.

Zatmeniye, Basic, 100m, S/4/-, 1d10+9X, Pen 4, Mag 60, 2Full, Tearing, Storm, Blood on the Ice
Blood on the Ice: When the Legionary fires a Bolt weapon, he imposes a -5 penalty on Dodge tests to avoid the attack for every two Degrees of Success on the Ballistic Skill test.

Valkyris Pattern Jump Pack
A dual-vector thrust style Jump Pack commonly utilised by the Space Wolves Chapter's Skyclaws Assault Marines, the Valkyris Pattern was favored by its Praetor for its speed and powerful charge, until they suffered critical existence failure.

The Valkyris Pattern Jump Pack functions identically to a standard Jump Pack, but grants +1 damage when executing the Charge Action for every 10m traversed. If the bearer is an Assault Marine, +1 damage for every 5m.

The Calibrated Abeyant
Floating above the battlefield, in the midst of a great nexus of noospheric information, the Praetor who once rode this great abeyant into battle was able to apply crippling shots to any point in the battlefield required.

The Calibrated Abeyant functions identically to a standard Abeyant, but the bearer can use the Weapon Tech Talent during an encounter a number of times equal to the bearer's Intelligence bonus.
>This one is actually kind of an embarrassing story on on my end.

(You)

Storm Ruler
This great Paragon Blade was once wielded by a great Champion of the White Scars, and is said to thrum with the residual power of storms that could bring even giants to their knees.

Storm Ruler, Melee, 2d10+8E, Pen 10, Power Field, Murderous Strike, Storm King
Storm King: Release the power of storms, hitting harder the larger an enemy is.
15m, S/-/-, Special, Pen 12, Recharge, Blast (1).
Once fired, this weapon draws a line from its origin to its maximum range. EVERYTHING under this line, including the space taken by the blast quality, is hit. Enemies take 1d10 damage per point of its Size quality – for example, a normal human is Size Average / 4, and would therefore take 4d10 damage.

These were thought experiments, and with the exception of the Valkyris Pack not used. They were helpful, however, as I ended up using the mechanics in other places. I had a couple relics from other games, I will try to see if I have them archived.

Wrath and Glory will feature a very broad and inclusive core book

Instead of having separate sub games, like Rogue Trader or Deathwatch, it will all be based on the single core book. There probably won't be references to the old stuff though.

The first "campaign" is the Imperium Nihlus, then the Fall of the Eldar. Orks and Eldar will be playable at some point.

You will see the regret in the Radical's face, the fear in the Harlequins mask.

BRUTAL combat and CRIT TABLES confirmed!

Squats confirmed for squatted.

Wang is going to be produced in conjunction with GW input on fluff and timeline. Also, currently they don't know how to include Tyranid player characters.

That doesn't necessarily mean tie-ins to GW events, but they hope to have primarchs show up.

There will be a beginner's box.

Literally no art yet.

Psykers and psychic posts will operate on a high risk, high reward sort of mechanic. And most campaigns/"trilogies" will be made with the idea that players are playing the same race for that campaign.

They hope to take players to places they haven't been before, like slaves trapped in Commoragh learning combat techniques from a crippled Grey Knight or to pivotal moments like the First Tyrranic War. So don't expect a specific sector of fluff.

Apps for the game might be coming, keep an eye out.

>Fall of the Eldar

WanG is including a 30k setting straight out of the box?

>pivotal moments
>don't expect a specific sector of fluff.

Oh boy I can't wait to play in my Official GW-Sanctioned Theme Parks. Do we have to ask GW permission to use the old settings?

>There probably won't be references to the old stuff though

Calixis confirmed for squatted

Is the Koronus Beastiary pdf still fucked?
drive.google.com/file/d/0By75yN4jPDckNUxENzZER3N5alE/view?usp=drive_web
Here's a proper version if so.

Are you for real

Primarch DMPCs?

Surely he means Doom of the Eldar, the campaign to defend Iyanden from the Tyranids? Not the actual Fall of the Eldar?

No, as bosses and such. The example given was fighting Mortarion.

Definitely Fall of the Eldar.

They expect you to fight fucking primarchs?

In Nu-GW, anything is possible!