Your Dudes!!!

Its been a while since I've seen this thread, lets see how many dudes we can post before those fucking Eagles post. Not just a marines thread, any faction goes, doesnt even have to be 40K i just want to see Veeky Forums's creativity

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/V62cAFDd
docs.google.com/document/d/13UOy0T_5DSmlv0UTiErNIP9q8fQIkv8Y-H4MAneqMF4/edit?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/19y4v4rW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I see why battle brother has ca,e here before me! Thank you for Liberating this thread user!

Im here to talk about my dudes

The Sparks of Freedom
An admech army follow a techgirl named Wendilyn the Welder, they support the Eagles of Liberty with powerful artillery & aircraft. They wear red coats, gold metal, & blue markings

The Gotrekh Dynasty, a Necron house which aims to preserve the galaxy's myriad life forms. As Necrontyr they were a minor dynasty, hoping to cure their race's genetic infirmity by researching the flawless genes of the Phaeron's youngest scion. With that opportunity lost to them after the War in Heaven, and with the Phaeron himself lost to the Great Sleep, the scion has seized the mantle of Phaerakh and decreed that if she cannot save her own race, she will be a savior to others. House Gotrekh aims to preserve lush worlds from incursion and destroy defilers wherever they arise, particularly Tyranids and the forces of Chaos. After a successful campaign, the crypteks take a small sample of the population, to be added to the Gotrekh Menagerie... for the sake of preserving the species, of course.

I've formatted their full fluff into a rather extended mini-narrative, if anyone would care to give it a read. I'd be greatly obliged for feedback from anyone more familiar with typical Imperium terminology and copy formatting. I threw lots of +++plusses+++ in there but that's about as far as I got.
pastebin.com/V62cAFDd

Eagles of Liberty in at the bell! Early to bed, early to rise, right?

Actually not me. Someone else posted them. Still funny as hell. Top marks to the user who did it

Here is my fluff for my Death Guard
docs.google.com/document/d/13UOy0T_5DSmlv0UTiErNIP9q8fQIkv8Y-H4MAneqMF4/edit?usp=sharing

> Looks like a Clown

I tried to improve it but I don't feel proud of this one

I sure am glad we banned questposting so we could fit a dozen more warhammer threads into the the catalog!

I need a name

Something solemn and VERY generic, avoiding niche human things like terran animals

Imperial, Knights, something to do with red (red star) etc...

>Purple
Tyrian Knights
Knights of Eminence
Brothers Burgundian

>Red
Angels of Amaranth
Scarlet Suns

Imperial Knights

Royal Plums
Space Knights
Velvet Order

Repudiators

The Good Knights

Scarlet Honor Guard

This one looks like a Nike commercial. I'd keep a little bit of the gold, but use it sparingly for specific elements, like maybe the wings and the faceplate.

So for the 40k Your Dudes:
Are you involved in the Konor shitshow?
If so, what are your dudes up to right now?

Took the US WWII G.I. colors and came up with this. Far more American and reasonable. Could also drop the coloring on the chest-markings to make it more 'subtle.'

How 'bout that. Looks like you're getting a reputation!

The Adepta Sororitas Orders Minoris referred to as the Order of the Ashen Shield were originally a preceptory of the Order of the Sacred Rose sent to guard the Shrine World of Andosia, a planet of major religious significance in the Skyllian Sector, also home to the headquarters of Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Gavin Trask, who had served as a commissar briefly before being recruiting into His Most Holy Inquisition as an acolyte under Lord Inquisitor Xerxes.
Holding amicable relations with the Ecclesiarchy, Inquisitor Trask gained a reputation among the few people of Andosia who were aware of his presence, from higher-ranking public officials and priests, to the members of the Adepta Sororitas, oftentimes making use of the latter when his investigations found strong evidence of major heretic cults that were too large to be eliminated discreetly.
His efforts were part of a long-con by the forces of Chaos, however, as after approximately a decade of his work in the Skyllian Sector, a large force of the dark gods launched an invasion of Andosia, decimating the Shrine World's populace, numerous scholarly findings, and scouring its verdant green landscapes.
Inquisitor Trask and his powerbase fought alongside the Sororitas preceptory, Frateris Militia, and what Imperial Guard and Adeptus Astartes forces answered the call, in addition to the drafting of any and all able-bodied citizens, up to the highest-ranking priests who fought with fire and brimstone against the servants of the Warp. At the end of the war, Andosia was a shadow of its once-rich self, now covered in fields scorched to a crisp black soot and defiled waters. The Chaos warbands were defeated, but there was no real victory to be had among the Emperor's faithful aside from the survival of what few locals remained, primarily children who were left orphaned after their parents fought and died by the score.

Many were distraught by the loss of their jewel of a planet, but the Inquisitor and Canoness, who were among the few high-ranking individuals left on Andosia, both understood that, although this may be an end to Andosia, it's only the beginning of a new era for the Skyllian Sector.

With the blessing of the Ecclesiarchy and the Adeptus Administratum, the two founded a Schola Progenium in the Sub-Sector Aiden of the Skyllian Sector, bringing what was left of Andosia's populance with them. There, they inducted the children into the academy, breeding into their blood the drive to take revenge on the forces of Chaos for bringing their homeworld to ruin and taking their mothers and fathers from them.

As was standard with Schola Progeniums, the orphans were divided up based on their aptitudes, with many girls being inducted to the new Sororitas Orders Minoris, the Order of the Ashen Shield, who diverged from their mother Order, donning grey armor, green robes, and bronze gilding, in memory of the rainy skies, rich green landscapes, and shining spires of Andosia. The boys were sent into the Storm Trooper program, referred to as the Lambdan Manticores, and sharing a similar color scheme to their sisters, with elements of both sexes being placed into a number of support roles, as well as the Inquisitor's retinues and spynets, including the non-militant Orders of the Dialogus, Famulous, Hospitaller, Adepts, and assassins.

Inquisitor Trask gave them a new purpose: to defend Sub-Sector Aiden from the forces of the Arch-Enemy, and any other blasphemous elements that may threaten the safety of its citizens, and to obey the call-to-arms to ensure that none of Aiden's worlds may fall to the same fate of Andosia.

Still have to add on to what their involvement was during Gathering Storm and the Indomitus Crusade. I like the idea of Gavin and a contingent of Sisters dying as the other Imperial forces pulled out.

Also putting together a Space Marine chapter I've toyed with for about a year, but nothing narrative just yet, only notes.

>Lions Eternal
>Second Founding White Scars successors.
>Loosely based on aspects of the Persian empires, particularly Achaemenid.
>Very loyal to their primogenitor chapter.
>Severe losses against Chaos post-Cadia.
>Remnants subject themselves to the Primaris upgrades, while also being replenished by the Cawl subjects.

That's all I really have on them so far.

I've got it in my head what my Inquisitor, his Sisters, and the Lions Eternal are up to, but I haven't actually been participating in the event. Partly because I've been busy, partly because Chaos is getting so stomped that I don't really feel motivated to pour tap water into a lake.

I do have a Night Lords warband in mind that could help Chaos a little bit, but I haven't been motivated to work on them lately.

I need help brainstorming My Dudes.

My initial plan was to use the Imperialis Militia rules from Horus Heresy to represent a Rogue Trader and their house troops. Lots of Grenadiers with Arvus Lighter transports to represent elite units that have to deploy from orbit.

Now 8th edition has thrown quite a wrench into my plans, because nothing in 8th seems to match my original idea and it looks like Horus Heresy might not get much support anymore.

Possible new ideas:
> run SM scouts in land speeders just for the hell of it
> Militarum Tempestus with whatever imperial air support I like
> Elysians

Pick your favorite or suggest something I haven't thought of.

Knights Malicious

bruh I made something like that but with the wehrmacht in mind

Imperfect Sons, listed as Ultramarines successors but actually descendants of a small band of loyalist Emps children. Kind of generic and I don't have any fluff for them

Knights Delicious

just realized the name's wrong on the file

Would be a fun fight then. You and I. Rhine 2.0

Knights Surreptitious

Haven't made a pretty picture, but I did do a writeup.

pastebin.com/19y4v4rW

New thread new meme, what does /tg think of this?

When did Captain America join the ranks of the Astartes?

I have no idea, but there you go.

Knights Litigious

Hallowed Lanterns

Sons of the Freedman

Hammers of Onyx?

Homeworld is a big volcanic place & you could be successors from Salamanders

Make the blue portions of the legs white, I think.

Also maybe use an aged paper color for the purity seals and a darker red for the wax.

Forgot to mention, you would na,e the world Onyx

I post these a lot but here's a brief overview of mydudes.

Perdition's Vigil
Exorcist successors from the 23rd founding (m38)
Founded to defend against a warp rift that periodically belches out demons. Sometimes found assisting inquisition or other imperial forces.
Very similarly organization to their parent chapter including the two additional scout companies.

Still nowhere close to actually having a playable army of these guys yet.

Our Dynasties are very similar.

Knights of the Starlight Hawk
Fleet based
Drop Assault
Most likely Salamander Progenitor
Understrength
Mostly Codex Compliant, but with a few but significant deviancies.
Tasked with reconnecting/reconquering worlds lost in the Dark Imperium.

Chapter recruits solely from the offspring of Space Marines, either fathering children before receiving the Black Carapace & final transformation, or donating seed. They initiate any willing descendants, even those not directly father-son. It is not unheard of for a nephew or grandchild to be the only one to succeed the grueling trials, those that do not live up their ancestors usually find other ways to help their family. Family is important to them & so is inheritance, most arms & armor being inherited. The rank of Chapter Master is an inherited title, as well as the leaders of each Company. They are led by the young but promising Lord Bradley. He succeeded his father after his death during a battle while the fleet was besieged by Chaos on an unrecorded world. The battle seemed hopeless but the young marine, at the time leading the Scout Company, received a vision of a twinkling hawk blue & light grey, leading him deeper into ruins of some old forgotten civilization, possibly from way back to the Old Ones. Inside a defensive citadel they found a large crystalline sculpture of a winged birdlike creature. The rest of the ragged marines held fast while the Chapters few tech priests & Tech Marines investigated the artifact, it had some kind of effect on Warp, activation of the artifact turned the tide against the demonic host attacking the Chapter, allowing them to be fight free & escape back to their fleet. Renamed the Knights of the Starlight Hawk, they have interred the artifact upon their flagship Starstorm within the Chamber of the Hawk.

Neophytes are required to meditate there as their last trial. For some will gain visions or guidance, for others nothing, & some are found dead, with their eyes burned out. The Hawk is sometimes glimpsed or seen by marines, always leading them to safety or to where they are needed most, & some say that the Hawk itself guides the fleet through the Great Scar.

The fleet has a huge civilian population, with the idea being they would serve as a Hive to repopulate the worlds the Chapter finds during thier voyage.
The entire Chapter is Primaris & supported by Scions who are mostly other important nobles of the civilian fleet. The capitol of the fleet is the voidship Venturous.

The left shoulder is for personal heraldry, the left is the Starlight Hawk

Xander Treides and his Divisio Genetor Mechanicum have been mixing it up on Konor for the last two weeks, since even an estranged Magos will fight to defend a Forge, it's an honour thing. The Genetors are more vulnerable than most to Nurgle though since their biological constructs and weapons are more easily plagued, and the enemy can often shrug off their weapons. Being a Renegade Archmagos, he didn't let that stop him, and his surgeons began dragging the corpses of fallen Khornates to the servitorization slab.

Their patron's distaste for sorcery made these new line troops considerably more resilient to the warpcraft of the Death Guard, and the low visibility under the Genetor's roiling corrosive cloud bombardments allow them to use their superheated weapons to great effect despite their innare clumsiness.

(Pic related, the first two of my Electro-priests counts-as Combat Servitors. Eventually there will be 20 with a mishmash of weapons, at least when I'm done chopping all the Tzeench iconography off them.)

Oh yes? Do tell. I've met another user who had a Medusa-esque Phaerakh, I'd be most interested to hear about yours.

I'd also love a fellow Necronfag's opinion on the little bit of writefaggotry I've got in the pastebin, if you've got the time and inclination.

I like both the color and the concept. Keep at it!

Sure can, they were originally white, This was an attempt to make it less bald eagle colored, I personally liked the white, but others didnt.

>i just want to see Veeky Forums's creativity
>all marines

Okay.

I've got an Inquisitor I'm building, although I've got not much to show for it right now; just a plotted out design, a few body components that need finishing, and a lot of bits in the mail that can't get here soon enough.

There's a token Sister/Inquisition force in this thread.

Here, I already had Photoshop open to work on a new version of my Phaerakh so I decided to take a crack at it. See how you like. I used a dark red with sorta dried-blood brown for underparts to do the majority of the body, hopefully evoking the brown torso of a bald eagle, while using a silver-grey trim to evoke the white bars on the red flag. Left pauldron becomes blue with a starfield to finish off the flag aesthetic, while the helmet has a purer white than the trim and gold like your version to look like the eagle's head. It's not quite as WW2-propaganda ostentatious but it'd probably be easier to paint, if nothing else.

Third post is Cult, fourth post is Necrons, sixth post is marines but of the Chaos variety.

Some Writfaggotory I just came up with off the top of my head.

Origins trace to the Siege of the Fenris System led by the Thousand Sons and headed by Magnus the Red, part of a deployment that found itself fucked eight ways from sideways by the occult that warped the perception of their fellow battle brothers against them perceiving them to be the enemy and attacked. Forced to retreat under the false persecution of being traitor, they are forced to deploy mirage and distraction tactics against the enemy and also to evade wrongful judgment from their own brethren and the Inquisition itself, specializations include sabotage, subterfuge, hit and run, & explosive weaponry to optimize on attention manipulation of enemy and previous ally alike. They are currently spread out throughout the Fenris system in a desperate battle against the forces of Chaos and for their very survival, with some members even considering direct contact and submission the Inquisition to clear their name.

Iron Hands Successors with an unknown founding, the Knights of the obelisk betrayed the God-emperors light and left the Imperium after calling it a perversion of the Emperors will. The chapter has a minor flaw in it's geneseed causing random marines voices to become booming and easily able to hear over the battlefield, these marines are usually turned into chaplains. A known flaw in the chapter is that it is more akin to a cult then other believers in the Emperor, seeing him as an actual god with hundreds of titles each true in their own way, known titles are "He of the stars" "The king of light" and "He beyond". The chapter amazingly has no chapter master to lead them as a known legend is that he went into the warp with ten members of the first company to wage war on chaos itself.
The territory of the chapter is a primitive sector of the Imperium they were guarding, now held by the chapter who guides its inhabitants in a symbiotic relationship since the chapter needs the natives for new marines and those living on the planets need the chapter to stay alive amongst the horrid species on the planet. The chapter makes use of the humans there as Auxiliaries in battle. often entire tribes are led by a single marine. Needing a way to stay alive, the chapter sells its services to those that need them as mercenaries and accept payment in equipment and knowledge of current events of the Imperium. A unit the chapter seems to never have is jumptroopers even though they have been given jumppacks as payment on occasions.

Something the chapter lacks entirely are bikes and flamers as neither of them seem to be wanted by the chapter. A fighting style that is used quite often are bolt pistols and a power weapon since a marine can "Scream praise to he beyond as he shoots and cleaves enemies of the emperor". The chapter is at nominal strength as they use the last marines armour and geneseed for the next, thus keeping them from running out unless a marine is completely destroyed.
As said before the chapter believes that they still serve the Emperors will and have modified some parts of the chapter to fit their beliefs, captains being entirely replaced by chaplains and not having any librarians as Psykers are killed since they think that simply killing Psykers will extend the emperors life.
Being Iron hand successors they do replace parts of thier bodies with robotics but this is reserved for those of high rank such as chaplains. An "ally" of them is the inquisition who tolerate their presence and employ them secretly. They are currently being dealt with by a regiment of the Imperial Guard but it is making little progress and will soon be aided by a marine chapter.
>Pic related, It's a wip of a priest that my friend is making (If for some reason you're here thanks again dude)

Battle Cry: Honk honk!

Fluff's a bit boring but I fucking love that color scheme.

So this is really more of a lore question regarding dudes, but I'm looking into developing a Skitarii force for my local group. We have a bit of Sector Lore for our games, and the dude playing Admec and me are trying to collab a few things.

Would it be reasonable to say there is a Skitarii Alpha who, in dire situations, tries to codify core memories and such into a built in memory bank. The idea would be that when his physical body is destroyed, he'd either transfer this data to a secure location, or the hardware would be recovered after a battle, so it could be uploaded into another body, thus letting him "revive" in a sense. Each new host would bear their own organic brain and the fragmented psyche of their past life, but with the rush of memories and personality being introduced, the Alpha would overwhelm and assume direct control over his new host.

Thought? Way out there, possible?

Well, my Archmagos does almost exactly the same thing, except he custom-builds the new bodies and the insanity is due to his mind being fucked with by normal warpy interference during the process of updating his memory bank upon death rather than any "old personality" stuff. There's even suitable rules in 30k for it, a unique character Archmagos with no proper invulnerable save but on a 3+ when he dies his body explodes and the enemy gets no points for killing him.

Might be kind of high-tier for a regular Alpha, though. At least give him a fancy model and make him a Skitarii Tribune (or Axiarch), who are two grades up from Alpha and are more likely to have the individuality and resources to put something like that together.

Thanks dude, I freely admit I'm only really starting to delve into Skitarii and their structure.

There's not really a huge amount there in the 40k books, most of what we know is from the 30k Mechanicum extrapolsrdd forward. The writers cannot into numbers, though, or they'd realise that Forge Worlds are kinda OP as balls with tens of millions of Kataphrons who own Marine Devastators and Kastelans that are matches for Dreadnoughts. Instead we have them with ten thousand defenders so the Marines can save the day. There's a stupid amount of conversion fodder within the Admech at large, though. You can come up with a cool custom Admech model for pretty much any set of Imperial unit rules and then ally it in if you find you need some backup.

Christmas trees

Copy and pasted from the dead end of the last time I saw one of these threads:

The Void Vipers (thanks to user for the name) are a small, niche Kabal that specialises in weapons trading to Wych cults, Hellion gangs and Scourges, as well as performing slave raids for other groups that need extra supply such as Haemonculus Covens.

Archon Edmundus, their leader, is less ostentatious than your average Archon, though only slightly; he seems to be actively trying to balance between being powerful and feared enough to not be easily deposed by underlings but also not showy enough to draw the attention of more powerful Kabals. He's rarely seen without his two Sslyth bodyguard. He does have an odd habit of employing blatantly flashy, ambitious second in commands, perhaps because he thinks they're easier to predict and serve as targets for enemy fire.

Those few close to him suspect that he's playing some long game and biding his time for a great power play down the line, or simply building up a powerbase that other underestimate. The truth is he's realised he simply doesn't have the political skill to grow his Kabal further without it being eaten alive by the greater powers of Commoragh and so he finds himself trapped with underlings wanting more below and deadly rivals above. As such he's pretty highly strung.

I might also be doing little writefaggy things for the Dracon, Sybarite, Arena Champion and eventual Succubus and Haemonculus but I'll spare you any further.

Th-thanks, user.

Two major typos identified:

>Orbiting an unnamed black hole somewhere in Segmentum Tempestus orbits a dead world
Repetitious.
>Though they took heavy casualties in the Astaramis theater, their chowing at Konor itself showed redoubled resolve and cunning adaption.
Presumably the Order were not there merely to avail themselves of the Ultras' mess halls while the boys in blue were otherwise occupied.

B-brother?

Solstice Warriors

Eh, my Phaeron isn't Medusa-esque, he just has a small collection of human worlds that he views as his kingdom and ruthlessly fights to protect them. Because he couldn't protect his own people all those aeons ago.

They were in the Equinox Crusade around 37M right?

Ah, I realize I worded that badly, I just meant to say there was a prior synchronicity, not that I thought your dude was a gorgon. It is certainly true that male gorgons are not a common thing. Your dude seems like an alright guy, though. How's he feel about the other races of the galaxy- and for that matter, how's he feel about the other Necrons?

Honestly, I love how character-focused Necrons are, and the concepts that can be derived from their reaction to their "death." It's good grimdark stuff.

>Your DUDES

Sons of the lost Primarch Robertus Marlii

They reside in the Eastern Fringes, so they have some dealing with the Tau, and while he doesn't trust them yet he sees potential because they didn't immediately try to kill everything, although he feels uneasy about Ethereal and how they can exert such fanatical loyalty. As for Necron, he raged against the coming C'tan knowing that even though they could be their salvation, in doing so they would be damned. So basically he is a big ball of I told you so to other Necron and views them with disgust for the most part. Although he knows their are a few minor dynasties that shared his distaste.

So basically YOU MANIACS, YOU BLEW IT UP: The Phaeron. He even winds up hanging out with apes. I dig it. Are his subordinate lords on board with him? I can't imagine too many Crons regardless of dynasty are happy with how the C'tan gambit played out, honestly, but you never know. I could imagine some unrest over the fact that he's "wasting resources" protecting some upstart young race that might even be spawn of the Old Ones.

Do they have to complete a trail where they smoke a huge blunt?

Which Eagles?

See, I've been busy. Offline. At my FLGS. Having fun. Playing games. Progressing narratives.

Basically before everything went all robotic he was a renown scientist who managed to extend his peoples life by a handful of years, not much but it was a huge thing, because of this he had gained a solid amount of renown allowing a mere scientist to speak and be heard in the courts, he gathered a decent following of like minded individuals, or those who thought they were on the path to actually saving their people. Then the C'tan showed up. I imagined a huge portion of the population welcomed the C'tan at first and didn't realize how bad it was until it was too late. While He and his "court" vehemently fought against the C'tan from the beginning.

Kinda monotone colour pallet, though that's somewhat intentional.

Additionally, he didn't just wake up, see humans and go these are my new favorite thing. He had watched them for centuries in the shadows before making his first appearance., his automated servents(wraiths etc.) had moved out onto the surface to help observe. Over the centuries these creatures had become the myths and legends of the inhabitants. As he watched them he realized that they were similar to what they once where, if very primitive.

That is pretty similar to my Phaerakh, though in her case she just kind of tripped headlong into saviorhood rather than being a skilled geneticist, and then similarly tripped into the Phaeracy. She's a bit green, and not just because of the color of her LEDs. Your guy strikes me as sort of a Necrontyr Jor-El, with less exploding planet and more borgification.

Do his human wards know of their benefactor by now, or are they still guessing after wraiths in the mist?

They know now, An Ork Waagh finally brought him fully into the light. They had seen him once before but only briefly, after which they began worshiping him a long time before the Orks made him and his tombs come fully awake.

These guys are a fluff chapter until I get around to making some quality transfers for their symbols. They've got a good body of culture, which I'll post here after this post, 'cause it's long as fuck.

Homeworld type: Medieval world (Very early medieval. More like Migration era)
Homeworld terrain: Temperate, cooler, dominated by green fields, hills, craggy plains, and forests, dotted with monuments, with occasional sunny days piercing the cold fog and dew.
Rule of homeworld: Direct rule

Codex compliant? No. Unique organization
Combat doctrine: Close combat
Specialty restrictions: Librarian (The chapter mistrusts the tumultuous and unpredictable Warp, and doesn't allow psykers into their ranks, much less actively encourage the use of psionic powers. They do, however, have Chaplains, who communicate with denizens of the otherworld, and the spirits of long dead warriors, though most marines converse with their ancestors on their own.)
Special equipment: Traditional Weapon (Spear-type weapons: Chain-glaive, etc.)

What form do the Chapters' beliefs take? Death cult/Purity of Man
Believe that the greatest indicator of a warrior's might is his approach to the question of death. Aspirants are put into unique life or death situations, wherein there actually is a good chance of death, and are observed closely to see how they react. If they flinch, run, or do anything but doggedly pursue their objective, they fail the test, and are withdrawn. Those who show promise are withdrawn from the situation at the last possible moment. Each marine has his own unique beliefs when it comes to death and the afterlife, but "ancestor" worship is the most common belief of the chapter, and battle-brothers typically venerate their direct gene-seed line. Chapter serfs keep detailed records of each battle-brother's "genealogy", and ancient warriors command great respect.

Many battle-brothers believe in an "otherworld", totally separate from the warp, where all souls; good and bad, cowardly and brave, honest and scheeming, go upon death. The otherworld is not unlike a massive planet; one of infinite size. The predominant terrain in the otherworld is thought to be rocky fields, hills, and crags, dotted by ancient tombs and monuments, not unlike the Chapter's homeworld. Some battle-brothers believe that all beings are doomed to wander the otherworld for all eternity, never meeting another soul. This drives them to greater feats in battle, a greater respect for their brothers, and an unstoppable will to survive. Other battle-brothers believe that upon death, his soul is judged by his noble ancestors. If he lived an honorable life, and faced his trials and hardships with courage, he earns a place in the ranks of his noble ancestors, where he spends his time pursuing hobbies, doing honest work, feasting, and occasionally intervening on behalf of their descendants in the True world. The wicked, cowardly, and lazy are doomed to wander the more blasted parts of the otherworld for all time, never again to know the simple pleasures of life. They will never see another person, food turns to sand in their mouth, water freezes when it touches their lips, and they will never have a restful night's sleep, being forever tormented by visions of what their life could have been.

Like many other chapters, the Fianna take heads as trophies. Also like other chapters, there is greater depth behind this practice than simple warrior's pride. They believe that to hold a head is to exert a small amount of control over an honored warrior's soul in the otherworld. Even if their enemy was wicked, and condemned to walk the wastes of the otherworld in gloom, they can redeem themselves by intervening on behalf of a noble head-holder in battle. In this way, they may earn a place among their honorable ancestors, or at least act as their head-holder's honorary battle brother.

The most respectable trait, the Fianna believe, is a tireless will to fight and die for their cause, and to utterly destroy the enemies of the Imperium. They believe that the human spirit is the most powerful thing in the galaxy, and even in the most innocuous places, great resolve and will to fight can be found. As such, they spurn the sterile, logical thought processes of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and don't field many complex vehicles, or use very complicated weapons.)

Chapter friends: Death Korps of Krieg (While their methods differ, the Fianna admire the Death Korps' indomitable fighting spirit, and lack of fear, even if the Kriegers are nameless, brainwashed soldier-automatons)

Successors of the famed Salamanders chapter, the Sons of the Dragon have been bound in blood to the people of the Victorum Sector. While they have not always been faithful to the lords of the sector, the Sons have stood faithfully by the innocent, through battles and sieges down the ages.

Underneath their armor, they look very much like their progenitors due to the mutation of their Melanchromic Organ, with skin that ranges from dark brown to dark gray. A mutation in their Occulobe has caused them to develop sensitivity to ultraviolet light, allowing them to partially sense the higher wavelengths of the light spectrum. This causes their eyes to slowly develop a mirror-like sheen as they age, with centuries-old members having mirror-like silver eyes.

The Sons of the Dragon are skilled siegemasters, equally adept at building fortifications and tearing them down. Scattered throughout the sector are fortified temples to the Promethean Cult, acting as both centres of their faith and bastions of mankind. As befits sons of Vulkan, they are also skilled forgemasters. Their homeworld is Valotair, a massive super-earth with a single giant continent covered in volcanoes and mountain ranges. Every mountain range has a fortress, and every major volcano has a forge.

The Sons possess a large force of Dreadnought hulls, of various makes and patterns. Each of these hulls is uniquely built and armed according to it's occupant's designs, and no two of them are alike. They also possess a great deal of armored vehicles, primarily Rhinos, Razorbacks, and Whirlwinds. Rather infamously, they possess only two Land Raiders. These are revered as holy relics, and rarely leave the fortress-monastery of Battlesheart.

Neat. I had an idea for an Irish themed chapter myself, though it was centered more around a respect bordering on veneration for the Eldar, their home world having an elusive exodite population from before humanity arrived which shaped the beliefs of the colonists.

Do they actually have the ability to communicate with the afterlife, or is it more of a vague tarot thing? Also with regards to head-taking, what's their stance on xenos skulls?

This looks really interesting, and makes the Space Marines look a lot less bland. I actually haven't read much SM lore at all, but the idea of a custom chapter sounds interesting. What's a good way to start?

There are generation tables here and there. The old fashioned way to do it is, of course, take a theme you like and find a way to work it into the chapter.
These guys like Irish history and mythology and so shaped their Marines culture around that. Others crib concepts from movies or video games they like, I've seen Mass Effect Marines and Starship Troopers Guardsmen. And of course if there's an existing in-universe element you like, perhaps a particular legion or chapter, you can make successors by putting your own little twist on them.

Think up a name, a colour scheme and some quirks

Thats literally it

If you want inspiration (and/or to make sure you don't use an existing name or colour scheme) there 40k lexicanum wiki has a list of all of the existing official Chapters. Quite a few of them are just names and colours with a brief bit of background fluff, and those ones are also great fodder for making them your own. Thats actually what I did with my Marines, found a minor chapter that I liked the look of and built from there.

eehhhhh, my chapter were called the sons of the dragon too, when I had them as a blood angel successor. The name came from them drinking dragon's blood because they thought the high helped them stave off the black rage, with the name being a nice little tie in to Dracula, fitting the vampire theme.

I'm calling them the fire giants now, Eldjotnar, who have a really twisted idea of ragnarok, where they and their fellow chapters are the various giants and monsters that do final battle with the gods, who they believe represent Chaos.

The red on my scheme Is a candy apple red, with HQs and other special units being full red.

sounds like that's a chapter that'd get into it with the inquisition eventually.

There are rogue marines right? That would not really be chaos marines, but just pulled out of the imperium, like Bobby G almost did.

So far all I have is that they are Imperial Fist successors who were funded by a collection of different Terran Masonic lodges in their long 40,351 year long feud with the Illuminati, and as a political move the get into the good graces of Roboute Guilliman.

That and all of their initiates only start modification when they are young men. My headcanon that this is a luxury afforded by the new Primaris technology. I figure given the reputation of the Masons, they would want operatives capable of critical thought and not just super soldiers stuck in a juvenile state of ignorance.

So far, most members are Terran.

I don't think they can really talk to anyone from beyond. It's more of an earth style religion, to be honest. But who knows. I think that the skulls of monstrous xenos like 'nids, orks, etc. are probably more trophy skulls, while the more humanoid, sapient races like Tau, Eldar, Deldar, etc. are more otherworld worthy.

I like the exodites on the homeworld idea. Do they keep some of them around in secret to advise them? How often are they manipulated by craftworld eldar? Does the =][= get suspicious?

Yeah, renegade chapters happen. Sometimes they wind up going full Chaos, sometimes they're actually loyal but have gotten on the Imperium's shit list for one reason or another.

hahahaha

Still working on a background, but prob going to be a dark angels successor