Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1682: Forgetting How to Run Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread.393563/page-1234#post-29326402
youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1C5T-fH2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=PKffm2uI4dk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any jumps where I can be a cryptid other than generic creepypasta and scp?

Do you have a different link? Because the one provided here doesn't work for me:

>forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread.393563/page-1234#post-29326402

...And I get pic-related. ;-;

I need Naruto SIs who show up as OCs. Stuff like Dreaming of Sunshine. I wanna throw them all together with my Jumper and see what happens.

It took a grand total of 13 jumps for my Jumper to re-enter a modern setting with electricity. They did not pick up any perfect memory perks in that time. Watching them try to use a computer again probably caused physical pain in any onlookers.

Did you forget any skills you took for granted? Or, if you took perfect memory perks, did you remember lots of things you rather wouldn't have?

I'm confused.
Which is it?

>You have no idea how long it's been since the last time I heard "Wi-Fi."

Haru, maybe a dream, pretty sure he uses roxas from kingdom hearts as a base.

Forget the name, 108 earthly temptation, a slightly scaled down orochimaru and also his aunt.

Sall I got.

What are those things in the background, then?

Docs in his personal drive, presumably. It redirects you there while the message's still up.

Define cryptid? If you specifically want the title "cryptid" then no. If you're okay with just being a weird monster with creepy powers, then anything that gives you the option to be that and define your own powerset would work just fine. Generic Isekei has a Mystic Beast option for 200CP that you could fluff as a weird thing. Lovecraft also has options for various horrors, if those are more your speed.

Are all the Warhammer Fantasy 'specific side' Jumps linked?

Will what I do in Brentonia affect what happens when I go to the Tomb Kings or Ogres?

Or does each Jump happen in its own separate timeline?

If they are linked, what order should I jump them in, and how far apart would each be according to in-Jump time?

Where does the "Dogs of War" Jump fit into this as well?

Mai shitty and/or abandoned WIPs.

He might have deleted that one and made a private one to try to stop shitpoters using it to shitpost. A failed effort, given how determined they are to fling shit for any reason, and how easy a rise was to get once they brought him up. Odd that it now comes across as pathetic attempts to start something yet they keep bringing him up, as if he was such an important figure in their lives they can't bear to ignore him, even when they hate him.

What chains have you guys set up with jumpers that are not from boring old earth? Where are they from? How do they act that's different from a regular earth jumper?

Maybe he did it to move them. I remember dirge had at least two different drives for his jumps... and BOTH of them were outdated.

Not really sure how your own jump drive can be outdated, but that was the case.

Anyway, someone can try asking ASA to ask for us when he's next on the thread. ASA and dirge still had contact with each other, last I checked.

>Nintendo dogs native
How would that work?

None of them are linked

Bark.

>ASA

You're implying he wants to feed the dumb bullshit our lowest common denominators keep perpetuating.

You're a dog jumper. Pretty simple.

How many breads have you eaten in your life?

Dog jumper would stay with owner unless they're being abused, chain ends at their native setting.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1C5T-fH2Y
OR
youtube.com/watch?v=PKffm2uI4dk

Unless their owner dies, of course. Then a nice lady can take them in and try to find them a new home.

One of a commie from Red Alert.

Lemme just say giving the White Fang comfy overcoats made them look so much better as revolutionaries.

That sounds like a great idea actually. Maybe you could do Isekai or Hero BBS as the second jump to get some experience with journeying to new worlds in an appropriate setting?

Jumpers, let's do some real talk.

Describe your early chain. How easy was life, how hard was it, what stumbling blocks and pain did you run into before setting your stride?

Honestly not surprised. He used a workaround to delete all his stuff on the main drive ages ago. The entire point of moving to his own drive as primary distribution instead of secondary storage was so that he could freely mess around with his jumps. Put two and two together and it was pretty much inevitable that this would occur eventually.

My Jumper landed in FFXIV, then Halo: Covenant, and after that Halo proper.

35+ years of brutal warfare were not kind to them.

Having to leave their Free Company they so painstakingly built from the ground up and led to victory in a world spanning war was a really hard thing to do.

Then they got landed in Halo: Covenant, and they bore witness to atrocities and bloodshed on a scale the Garlean Empire could only dream of.

It was a hard few decades for them.
Upside? They got sent to Inukami afterwards for a well deserved vacation.

Let's just say thank Arceus for Pokeglot.

Being able to talk with them meant I could ask my team for exactly the kind of help I needed.

>Chain consists of searching for the best owner through the multiverse while grabbing perks that make you a good boy.

Half a century alone, a full century with only The Doll for company. I was basically gascoin. Called what ever I was Hunting at the time "Beasts".

Perfect Memory perks made me experience jumping very differently from my companions. I could remember the names and faces of all the old friends we made. They couldn't. They're going to have to pick up perfect memory soon.

Well, here's a few:
>Keisuke Gekko, Catch Your Breath, older sister of Hayate Gekko. Takes Rin's place in Minato's team, ends up becoming the Three Tails Jinchuuriki, later becomes Kakashi's girlfriend after being oblivious to his affections for years. Solves most of the major issues (like Obito and the Ame Orphans turning evil and Minato and Kushina dying) but a new threat rises up to take Akatsuki's place. Ends up with some pretty serious issues due to a lot of bad shit happening. There's a running gag involving her being mistaken for a boy when people first meet her.
>Inoue Shiori, from the fanfiction of the same name. Civilian, no familial relations with any canon characters, opens a tea shop that ends up becoming a major business and a hot spot for Konoha shinobi. Marries Kakashi, accidentally causes a lot of the plot to change with Danzo being discovered and killed years earlier due to him seeing Kakashi as a potential threat to his ambitions far earlier as well. Kind hearted girl, actually rejected her past life and choose to be her own person, though she still has the memories. Has a calming effect on people due to a meditative trick she learned in order to deal with being a reincarnation.
>Ryuto, Crouching Viper, Hidden Dragon. This one is still sort of iffy because it hasn't progressed far yet, but it does show potential. Ryuto was reborn as Fem Orochimaru, who as it turns out is so powerful because she was basically born in Sage Mode thanks to her mother being in Sage Mode during pregnancy. Unfortunately, she has very little idea how to actually USE her power at the moment. Is desperately trying not to become Orochimaru, and is a mostly okay person, with a bit of a temper and some obliviousness towards the romantic feelings of others. Her adopted parents were civilians who were fighting for civilian rights in Konoha who were silenced for their Resistance. Holds a grudge about this.

Luther strode has some applications for that. its not perfect to the best of my knowledge but its good enough to let people hold grudges over thousands of years.

>"KOTOR, why do you still have all these vehicles in the warehouse? Do you even still remember how to drive? The last time you used a car was decades ago."
>"I just like how they look ok!"
This is definitly a conversation that happens in any chain where I don't pick up driving perks.

So, was brainstorming ideas for Batman: Arkham Asylum., and I thought of something.

Would anyone be interested in a Companion and/or Item that involves a mannequin that might or might not be the actual Joker, that basically sits in the Warehouse all the time, and either insults you or makes "witty" observations about your last mission or the general situation?

Good riddance. The less drives that aren't the official one the less problems there are.

Sounds neat.

We call them "the real thuggery years."

I was the dumbass who picked no basic amenities or comforts in the Warehouse, and realized that being homeless fucking sucks after The Icicle frost-bombed my apartment in InFamous.

Nali, Madarach, Aveline, Rotom, and I? We were thieves, thugs, ghetto-rats. Checking into Motel Sixes and Holliday Inns to rob them blind of mattresses, linens, and bedsheets. Stealing gas for the generators, setting up walls of brick, PVC-piping, and bedsheets, privacy at a gods-damned premium and eating RAMEN, RAMEN, RICE, and FREEZE-DRIED MEALS.

When we got the RV Mobile Lab in Jurassic Park? Several million dollars worth of lab equipment were ripped out and chucked. Hammocks were hung up, and the Warehouse was always accessible through a broom closet door. It got kinda worse after Derun and Ria joined in, as privacy and space were STILL at a premium.

The day Madarach bought the houseboat in CATastrophe was wrought with joy and celebration.

Actually writing notes for one right now. It's about a Troll Heiress, from Homestuck. She basically went temporarily nuts, and her actions caused the extinction of her entire race (save for her and the last Empress), so now she has to take on the challenge of a Single-Player Session. As another sort-of nod to the web comic, her benefactor is actually my original Human Self, who is basically forced to chaperone her around the multiverse, while being forced to watch her despicable actions.

As compared to a regular earth Jumper, she's pretty sociopathic, as most of her people were. Her reason for almost causing the extinction was basically because she was BORED. Like a lot of people, she got tired of all the routine activities and interactions she experienced on the daily, only in her case, she was willing AND able to actually end it all because of that. She's got a pretty infantile way of looking at and approaching things, despite managing to do things like, for example, organize and and play both sides of a civil war without either side knowing.

I'm really looking forward to writing up proper character interactions. Those are always my favorite thing to write and think about, but I feel like they won't have the same gravitas and flavor if I don't go through all of the events that happened on each of the the Planets in her native Jump.

I've had perfect memory from early on.
Similar to >"user, why are we still upgrading these tanks? Nobody even remembers the last time we pulled them out of the bay!"
I went through Girls und Panzer. More than thirteen centuries ago. I haven't used them since then, but I keep upgrading them any time I encounter new "tech" to upgrade them with or add onto them. I'm the only one who remembers that far back.

>Keep thinking they've found the best owner
>Owners include Big Boss, Kid Flash from Young Justice, Vivi Ornitier, and L
>Can't figure out what's going wrong

>several million dollars worth of lab equipment

Couldn't you have sold it?

Why didn't you steal some tents or RV's?

So if we want to go with first... 5
>Kamen Rider NH2: At least 3 recurring Phantom enemies due to drawbacks
>Sanic Classic: okay this one had no drawbacks
>NH 3: Roidmudes and Ganma now had wacky sanic skills
>NH1: Did you really unleash 3 Greed for items? You did
>SMT1: Trials of Masakado, Two Steps From Hell

For the record it kept getting crazier after this and I'm pretty sure jump 10 will be the first breather I'll get

>NH 3
>NH1
what is this?

Got a question, I remember this setting having a jump, but the name escapes me and my memory is hazy even on the details, anyone mind helping me out?

The setting I believe was magical but there was something about the big guys in the setting, like, the gods being heavy clarketech, and for some reason I remember nanomachines that fuck with the soul being a thing in the setting?... sounds crazy I know, but if anyone can confirm me whether this was a jump or not, much would be appreciated.

We realized that only after we were several miles away and forgot where we dumped all that shit.

And also? There were swarms of dinosaurs in the direction behind us. *Like fuck we were going back there.*

>tents

What do you think we used to reinforce the shitty-ass walls?

>RVs

Was still experimenting with the Warehouse Key at the time, Jumper-OAA didn't think he could use it something for a garage door.
Actual excuse: I didn't think of that until I set the story in concrete.

Lord of light i think.

I shortened it down too hard, Kamen Rider Neo Heisei 3 and 1

Hindsight's a bitch, I agree.

The Gods are Bastards.

>Sword and Sorcery
>Fire Emblem Archanea
>Generic Isekai
>A Song of Ice and Fire
>Fire Emblem Valentia
>Morroblivion
>Skyrim
>Bloodborne
>Pirates of the Caribbean

Guess what all of these had in common. If you guessed 'minimal technological comforts and having to constantly fight and kill to survive', you've guessed correctly! My most common line during this time was 'I miss the internet.'

>But Heavens Generic Isekai has an internet buy option

I RAN OUT OF POINTS SHUT THE FUCK UP

Anyways while perk purchases and battle experience made me a cut above, there was a lot of wear-and-tear in battle and I got my share of injuries and battle scars. I only survived Fire Emblem and a very slight jump in power from Isekai because I got a very narcoleptic dragon lady as a companion, along with her daughter.

Looking for a good place to get memory perks for companions (One of them is at the 30 year mark so further than that risks severe memory loss)

If you want it to be relatively safe, then Remember Me and Oreimo have decent perfect memory perks. Otherwise, SCP has one that even works retroactively.

Generic Universal Monster has a great one. Alternatively the Blue Queen perk from Double Cross can eventually learn to give specific Syndromes, and one of the easiest to learn powers of the Neumann Syndrome is perfect memory.

Well first jump had me decide to go with a suffering drawback for 200 CP, jumper is now kinda traumatized from nine years of desperately fighting to save humanity from Kamen Rider Chronicle after most of the original cast died. Second jump is still getting filled out but is likely to involve another 200 CP of drawbacks ending with him getting all sorts of attention for introducing the Bugster Virus to Double Cross. Jump three is probably going to be nicer to prevent him burning out too hard.

>Double Cross
The question you should ask yourself is: Do you really want to spread the Renegade virus to other worlds, knowing what its fatality rate is?

Jump franken fran first, then either grab virology or ask fran for a new spine.

You can decide not to, post jump. You'd have to make sure you trust people not to do so before awakening them though.

I'm a pure Bram Stoker. Sometimes I accidentally cause minor apocalypses when reviving people.

Did that guy ever find the Pyotor Payn jump?

Going through the core book not sure what you're talking about. There's the issue of Gjuams but that goes away post jump.

I shot and murdered an innocent man for the food and money he had on him while barely surviving in the desert. That was in Pokemon. Orre is a fun place.

Things got a bit better after that? And by that I mean I lost my memories a few times and kept forgetting why a talking robot that called itself Legion was following me around. Then I got the ability to stop time and things got a bit less deadly, so the logical next step was to visit Worm, Evangelion and Light of Terra in that order.

Then I decided to go somewhere nice for my tenth jump. The logical, peaceful choice was Nanoha with the Befriending drawback.

There are no hard and fast rules for it, at least partially because almost the entire world is already infected. Several powers mention that they can cause it to become active.

I had trouble speaking English after 110 years of speaking nothing but Japanese

Also speaking of Perfect Memory perks I have forgotten what jumps actually have them, any help?

Scroll up, senpai.

I mean the fatality rate. The book talks about strange occurrences since the Renegade spread world wide, but no actual fatality rate from infection. Sure, it's going to cause chaos aplenty, but it's more an anime virus than a pandemic virus.

Been working on a Iron-Blooded Orphans jump, figured I'd post the WIP so people could take a look at it. A lot of things still need to be filled in, but the Mobile Suit table is complete, so it's just perks and items left.

Did you become GOOD FRIENDS

You better became GOOD FRIENDS

Eh, depending on what kind of jump, maybe you'd get lucky. Japanese schools have mandatory English classes, which obviously only helps them maybe understand a few spoken words and probably read it passably in a pinch, but it could jog your memory and keep the language usable in your mind. Would still expect an accent, though.

How do I waifu the Gorgon /jc/?

Here's my first few jumps in a new chain.

>Nanoha
Get my shit kicked in repeatedly. In order: Nanoha's dad nicks a lung with a sword, I get befriended through 3 trees and a foot of concrete, Arf kicks below the belt, and the Material Levi nearly kills me. Don't get me started on the whole shit-show with that fucker Scarletti. On the plus side, I make some great friends and learn a metric shit-ton of magic.

Negative side- that was the only jump I'd be getting starting points for, and it was the only one I would be able to choose on my own. From then on it was all randomized. Oh, and I wasn't getting Body Mod or the Warehouse either.

>Quest for Glory
I pulled a page from Hayate "nuclear launch detected" Yagami's book and tested out my new SS rank Linker Core by blasting Baba Yaga's hut into dust. From there I just spammed Wide Area Search spells until I found traces of curse magic. With the prophecy sorted out I was out of there within a month.

>Soul Hackers
Not gonna lie- I had zero idea what was going on. I waited until I was pretty sure I'd found the protagonist, or at least one of his friends, then I joined up with them. I was their magical flying artillery cannon that ran on sushi and onigiri.

>Career Model
Yeah, choosing the Zoolander-esque verse drawback was every bit as entertaining as I thought it would be. I ended up being the go-to guy for stealthily making other models gain weight. Shamal was totally going to beat the hell out of me when she learned how I was using her healing spells.

>The Polity
I was almost immediately run off my starting location because I used my Device to interface with the local net. As in, I used a magitech AI to connect to an AI run network. They were very, very interested in my tech. I beat feet and managed to get to Prador territory, where I then commenced my one man guerrilla war on those fucking crab bastards.

I think it's activating that is dangerous, because you're more likely to die or become a germ than become an Overed.

>Asking Fran for anything
It's like you want something to go wrong.

>That Gif
She really held back didn't she. I'm so proud.

Take the protag origin in Grand Order and be nice to her.

I want a perk that'll let me feed these hungry skeltal Gundams so they're less emaciated.

The bestest, most pain-bonded of friends.

I married Hayate though.

After about the third jump I realized that this shit wasn't going to stop, and that I was probably going to be bringing any friends.
Luckily I had heat and electricity and the Warehouse, and most of the early jumps were during modern times, and the rest either were mildly fantastical or right on the cusp of modernity.

Some Frans are reliable and trusted companions

>Spoiler
You make it sound like she gave you a choice.

In one of my chains I roomed with that family while taking the Wacky Madarakis drawback. I was in charge of cleaning up after the wrongs that follow that girl like beloved pets. must fun I had for that whole century. Live a little user, she'll put you back together afterward.

Oh shit, and drawbacks too, those are important.

I don't think there's a perk in the chain that will allow that.

Star Wars: KOTOR. Jedi get photographic memory and instant recall free.

>TFW Fran will never call you Papa.

Why live?

The fatality isn't in the inactive state, it's when it becomes active. I'll find the full numbers sometime tomorrow and let you know which book(s) they're in. The high fatality rate, and the rate of going straight to gjuam versus the slightly more stable overed, is what has people worried about the widespread activation of the virus.

It's also why the whole thing was kept secret for so long - The public would not react well knowing that most of them are dead if it goes active.

See, I thought it was this too, but then I remembered the setting I was trying to find had some basis with some sort of school system, like an academy.
Ahh, pretty sure this is the one, gonna have to do some research to see if my nano machine bullshit was indeed this setting, since I dont see the tech in the jump.

Many thanks to the both of you.

Because calling Mori Papa is just countermeasure SA156 in the Chaldean manual "The Four Great Evil Masterminds: Countermeasures"

Well, first jump was in DC. That's already pretty dangerous, even with the "no universal resets" clause. To top it off, I started in Gotham. My powers were shrinking, growing, and I had a suit of armor and a Mother Box.

After that, it took me five more Jumps- Stranger Things, Sherlock Holmes, Indiana Jones, Archer, and Pirates of the Caribbean- to get more "superpowers" in Bioshock. The thing with size changing powers is, it's very easy to notice, and with those being my only powers for those years I had to be very careful with how I used them. If I used them in Archer, someone could see and then the KGB, CIA, or some other acronym would find me while I was sleeping or knock me and I'd be fucked, for example. This meant that I often had to rely on my skills to survive in these settings, saving my powers as a trump card or for emergencies.

In Bioshock, I decided I would try and use subterfuge to change Rapture for the better. I took Scout, Houdini, Decoy, and Aero Dash plasmids, then devoted my tonics to survivability. I failed to affect real change in Rapture, though I did postpone its fall for a few more months. I ended up escaping the city eight years in, by the skin of my teeth, by using my size changing powers and a pilfered, modified diving suit to escape the city undetected.

After that it was Fallout and Undead Nightmare. Not nice places to be. I should also mention that up until this point I had avoided killing anybody directly (Nazi bases are volatile when mystic artifacts are involved; it couldn't be helped), but that wasn't going to work in these two places without serious risk.

The tenth Jump was Lost Valley, which was alright- it was at this point I had hit my stride, and combined with my experience I was able to help Romulus and Abner forge a just society in the Valley. Had giant monster fights with the Mole God, Ratbatspider, and Adolf Hitler, too, so that was nice.

Other Frans are good too.

...I may have had to indicate my interest first, but once Hayate decided she was going to have me, my say in things... pretty much ended.

I fear the day harem perks are acquired.

Moriarty is best supervillian cool grandpa.

Digging through the more thorough fluff in later supplements during the jump it's a coin flip on activation on whether they become an Overed or go directly to germ. Though a lot of the world building seems to ignore this, because we don't have anywhere near that number of major germ characters. Either that or your average direct to germ infected doesn't last much longer.

Dont discount Babbage out of this! He is a cool car now!

Yeah, I was helping Yunno on his dig when he poked the Jewel Seeds and got us sent to Earth via unstable as hell dimensional portal.

My Device went off line, and I had access to basically no magic.

I managed to find Nanoha's family's cafe by nightfall when I got basic functionalities back up, and after giving her dad some bullshit excuse about being her friend and loosing my ferret in the area, he let me inside.

Unfortunately, my Device was still stuck in pistol form and he managed to see it.

I'd forgotten that the Takamachi family were badasses in their own right, and her dad very clearly reminded me when he nearly took my head off with a sword.

I ran like hell to the nearby park, and after stalling him enough I got my Device rebooted. But not before he managed to nick my lung with his sword.

I knocked him out with some shooting spells, and that was precisely when Nanoha rounded the corner.

All she saw was a dude with a smoking gun standing over her dad's still body, so the inevitable happened.

I woke up three days later with a concussion, bruised ribs, and a broken arm.

On the plus side, Mr. Takamachi offered to train me in martial arts as a way of saying sorry.

To be fair overeds from the UGN probably clean them up real fast and the cities of the world have been rebuilt more times than people can count any longer and memories are mass wiped. Mass destruction happens on a daily basis

>wake up in Strike Witches having to pick a fight with the Chinese IADS in a F-35
It wasn't too bad except when those fucking J-20 bitches would pop out of the woodwork to geek the AWACS before the Flankers and Firebirds go for the full-court press on our strike missions. We'd have like a hundred of the buggers rushing out to try and basically kill the entire strike package all at once, fighters and tankers and all. Not fun.