Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Jeanstealer Edition

Old Thread >Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning new planet. But for how long?
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dzNhT0l4O7o
youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for the First.

1st for whatever I find in my folders

I'm a new player

Convince me to join your favorite faction with memes

No.

no

gorka- or morkanaut my fellow orkses?

What is this meme

There any good 40k books out there that have a real bromance?

Kunningly brutal > brutally kunnin.
Those lions are his armor are cute!
>pets lions
>gets head punched off

>Kunningly Brutal
>Better than Brutally Kunnin
GIT DETECTED

Cain and Jurgun? Tarviz and Garro?

8th ed vehicles have wounds now, Fabius Bile used to have instant death attacks. So before 8th ed dropped some anons concluded that Fabius would be the ultimate titan killer

Do dark reapers really always hit on 3+? Even against supersonic flyers and in the mission that you get a -1 when shooting over 18"?

I really can't find a way to beat them, some guy deploys 12 of them in cover and they fucking destroy anything in the first turn.

Is there any place where the rules are clarified?

"I don't like it therefore the rules must be wrong REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Yes, they always hit on a 3+, even when their BS is lowered to 6+ or 99+ or if they have a -200 modifier.

Have you tried, I dunno, charging them and killing them?

>Do dark reapers really always hit on 3+? Even against supersonic flyers and in the mission that you get a -1 when shooting over 18"?
Yes
>Is there any place where the rules are clarified?
GW's facebook page and twitter, also FAQs

Fuck that was a mess. Don't know why paragraphs just randomly appeared in there.

Fabius Bile and his instant death cane. When 8e was announced some guy came up with this silly scenario where he brings a unit of Titans to a game, bile hits them, wounds on a 6 since everyone can do that, fails save and titan is killed instantly since they have wounds, then the other two fail battleshock and run away.

Morale is still a little weird. I know it's meant to represent succumbing to wounds, Necrons phasing out, all that nonsense, but that means that Night Lords Raptors put a magical entropy-inducing field on my Skitarii. I WANT that tech.

>not bein so smart at bein brutal it's jes propa kunnin'
yer a grot m8

Why aren't Fortifications more popular? Skyshield Landing Pads and Imperial Bastions look really good for gunline armies.

Americans shudder at putting terrain on their tables and yuros would rather make their own but are too busy dodging rental vehicles.

>thinks brutally kunnin is best
King of all Grots right here.

>regardless of modifiers... so yes

Price and points.

So, Soulburners or Hellflamers for Hellforged Contemptors? I can't decide which is better for one. Not sure if Soulburners are worth their cost.

>The coming of a Tyranid hive fleet is preceded by a smothering psychic signal that envelops entire star systems and disrupts all forms of Warp travel and communication. Swallowed up by psychic-static, whole worlds suddenly go deathly silent, giving no clues as to what is unfolding on the surface below, or of what terrors are about to befall. This is the Shadow in the Warp, and it heralds imminent invasion and horror.
>It is unknown if the Shadow in the Warp is created deliberately by the hive fleets, or if it is simply a by-product of the Hive Mind’s innate synaptic control. In any case, the Shadow in the Warp creates fear and panic wherever it falls, instilling a pervasive dread into the minds of a prey world’s defenders, plunging entire planets into misery and despair. For highly psychic races, such as the Eldar, or for luckless psykers caught within this enervating effect, the malaise is magnified tenfold. Should a psyker attempt to use his otherworldly abilities, the cerebral cacophony worsens even further; the psychic sound of a billion alien thoughts scratch at his mind, and unless he is particularly strong-willed he will be pitched into an insanity where he will repeatedly utter phrases in a tongue too alien to properly pronounce.
Just getting into Warhammer recently and I've gotta say I enjoy the over-the-top grimdark stuff in the codexes. As above, everything to do with tyranid invasion just fills me with dread.

(Please work or I give up)

NecrOwned!!!

Thoughts?

Night Lords 2000 9CP

Battalion #1
>HQ
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
Warp Bolter, Sword, Diabolic Strength

Dark Apostle w/ Combi-Bolter

>Troops
Cultists x30 Autoguns and 3 Stubbers
Cultists x20 CCW, 2 Flamers, and a Shotgun

Chaos Marines MoK x10 w/CCWBP, Plasma Pistol, Flamer, Icon of Wrath
Aspiring Champion w/PP+Fist

>Dedicated Transport
Rhino w/Havoc Launcher and Combi-Plasma

Battalion #2
>HQ
Jump Lord w/Claws of the Black Hunt
Jump Sorcerer w/PP and Force Staff (Prescience and Death Hex)

>Troops
Chaos Marines x5 w/Plasma and Combi-Plasma

>Elites
Termies x10 w/Combi-Plasma and Lightning Claw

>Heavy Support
Havoks x7 with 4 Autocannons

Soulburners if you face a lot of high saves and invulns, otherwise the Flamers are fine.

Death Guard

>that means that Night Lords Raptors put a magical entropy-inducing field on my Skitarii
Night Lords use some pretty cool tech. Against admech, it wouldn't surprise me if they employed some panic code emitter to cause confusion and shit b

What army you play? If they have drops, just deep strike charge into the reapers and you're fine.

Up for pre order next week/10

Reapers, like most eldar, are squishy fuckers. Charge 'em or shoot 'em and they fold, especially if you have a -2 or so AP.

Tell me Veeky Forums. Would this have gone differently if Death Guard had a proper release during the campaign?

Because they're really situational. The only good build I've found is to take the skyshield, park a Vulture and tech priest there in hover mode, then heal 2d3 as you fire 40.

I started nids for the same reason, unfortunately being a standard villain as we are, most of the time this stuff is just completely ignored and then you get curbstomped by the good guys. Other times it's almost properly done like those eldar (or Deldar) that lured a tendril to a star by creating the false signals of shittons of biomass or the more recent great rift that ripped in half a tendril so the isolated bit got basically sacrificed to khorne before they ate Baal. So ironically the Blood Angels were saved by one of their main arch enemies. Probably Khorne likes them quite a lot as the sadistic vampires they are

dark eldar or bust

That actually looks pretty good to me. Let's talk stratagems. What's your game plan? Tide of Traitors spam?

Well, the Skitarii themselves have those, and they work on the Night Lords. The one time I fought them my Infiltrators pulled a mutual morale kill on some Raptors. NL actually do a really good job of fighting Admech, since I don't have the infantry screens needed to keep them off my dakka. They just land and shred me.
I'm working on a big pack of electros ATM, so if all else fails I can wrap up a firebase in those for a turn.

youtube.com/watch?v=dzNhT0l4O7o

Honestly?
No.
There are simply too many imperial players, period. Having Space Marines be the first Codex helped make it even worse though.

So, there's a tale about Flesh Tearers boarding the space hulk Soul of Damnation and finding ancient Luna Wolves marine in a stasis. The guy, after they told him about fate of his legion rages and goes into the void.

Any more information about this guy?

If they had done a full death guard release with Mortarion right as the campaign was gearing up to start? Yes, I think at least one planet could've been chaos controlled by now.

not really

if it were a full generic chaos release maybe, but even then I doubt it

youtube.com/watch?v=wy-sVTaZRPk

let out a hearty chuckle at rental vehicle dodging
good thing about living in a politically insignificant place is not having to care about such things

Renegades

He got AIDS and died

Are you sure you're not misremembering Garviel Loken?

taking into consideration the sheer volume of imperials
no

we have organic welding torches

No. It's in the current chaos codex.

Skyshields are cheap and the distance deep striking units will have to climb if they start 9" away from the Skyshield will protect your gunline.

Honestly I think it would have been interesting if GW had a set amount of wins the Imperium players needed to reach each stage, with Chaos playing spoiler against that.

As it stands it incredibly dull and it's clear how the campaign will end up. It really doesn't reflect the struggle the Imperium faces in the fluff and nobody aside from sad muh good-guys fanboys are happy about how it's playing out. Most normal Imperium players wanted some sort of conflict and sport out of this.

You NPCfags disgust me.

>buying into """organic"""
you're a git

everyone knows GMO squigs are superior

chaos might tie by getting the last three because GW is handing them free points

The torch is the thing in his right hand.

The plan is to have options, really. The mass of termies lands with the Sorcerer and Lord near whatever needs killing asap. Dump prescience and go to town with overcharged plasma. If need be, I can give them a mark for 1CP and then use whatever strategem I need. Ideally, that'll be Slaanesh, which will give me a whopping 40 overcharged 2+ rerolling 1s plasma shots. The only downside to that is that I need to use it at the start of my turn, which means it doesn't happen right away. I can always spend 1CP to swap out Death Hex for Warp Time to pull a fast one the turn after they drop. I can also really stack the buffs and go with Veterans of the Long War, too, which means I'd even be wounding Land Raiders on a 3+ with the plasma. Tide of Traitors is of course always an option. I feel that after the first attempt, my opponent might just give up trying to kill them. Fury of Khorne could be used on my melee squad depending on what they reach, though 3CP is big. I am also tempted to give my sorcerer a MoN so he could potentially cast Miasma on the Termies with a simple swap, which give a whopping -2 to hit with In Midnight Clad.

Basically, I have a lot of options with 9CP for some fun tricks.

Gorka every time. KMK is probably overall slightly better than the Deffstorm but the rest of their shooting is more or less identical. It comes down to the melee, and there the Gorka has the edge with +2 attacks. That means 18 Str 8 Ap-2 Dmg 2 attacks hitting on 3+, vs the 12 of the Morka. Morka needs a price drop or a serious boost to its KMK to warrent taking. KFF is nice but not much to write home about.

>waaaaah why didint they just give up.

>painting black armor by painting black first then painting black on black and then highlighting with black

WHAT

He retired to Rophanon and lived the rest of his days as a masseur for high ranking Imperial officials. He perished in 993.M40 when the world was subject to exterminatus following a short lived rebellion and subsequent Tyranid invasion

what would you call the squig then

Is there a collection of WH Community comments that clarify rules?

Chaos Primaris when?

Getting tired of my osbsolete manlet chaos marines.

That is what I did, sadly where i play the scenery are huge ass buildings and they always put reapers and shit on top of them so you cant drop and charge at the same time. Also they tend to block with lesser units so you can't drop close.

Most of them end up in the FAQ in time I think. They have been doing pretty well of compiling everything recently.

You questioning Duncan?

FAQs and probably Chapter Approved when that becomes a thing again

2 Archons
10 Hellions
1 Raider
10 Kabalites
5 Wyches
5 Incubi
9 Reavers
5 mandrakes
1 Troupe
1 Death Jester

Adding a venom or another raider soon. What sort of list should I run with all this stuff?

I see this got fixed. Very nice.

What free points? Proofs?

The campaign shows how the fluff of chaos should be always be written.
Guerrilla wars at best, with random terrorist acts. Chaos marines are insignificant without lore asspull Chaos does not have the numbers to even conquer a random hive world.
They are the Tau of the Bad guys if you like.

He's just butt flustered there is actual resistance this time don't mind him.

A dark eldar list would be my suggestion.

What would you assume about a regiment with this color scheme?

Either GW is fudging the numbers or all the Xenos out of fucking nowhere started giving points to chaos while the Imperials just got bored and went home.

It has ties with the cog boys and the regiments homeworld is urban/tundra based?

That they're going to give me some nice presents this christmas.

>being so pleb you can't tell different shades of black
That said it is hardly worth it unless you doing s painting competition.

Nothing to do with Chaos getting a codex then?

It's all so clear to me now! Thanks user! I think I just feel insecure about my lack of paper boats.

Nop, the only way Chaos won something during EoT was by cheating. There simply not enough chaos marines in the lore and in the game to make any difference without an asspull.

Even lore wise only retard Xenos or paid ones would help chaos. So it is basically Imperium and Xenos vs chaos. Helping chaos is like helping terrorist groups destroy a bridge you use, just because the enemy country also use it. If it gets blown both of you get dick over.

Abbadon black has a different finish than chaos black primer

They pay really well though! Then we just fuck back off into the webway.

Hey wait a minute.....

Two raiders with warriors and a ravager has pretty much been the DE mainstay for as long as they've existed as a faction.

depending on how much you hate painting boats you can replace the ravager with some scourges, though

>i had a homebrew regiment that had a simmilar scheme
>tfw thanks to his raging autism i canf bring myself to do it anymore
Fuck RGG

There's a reason we're the most popular faction and the face of 40k

Not too much hate for painting boats. Ravager sounds nice though so I guess the next things I'll get will be another raider and that then more mandrakes. Thanks pal-o-!

Even then DE are even more insignificant than chaos or tau.
DE are like the Italians of 40k

> Everyone but the imperium is eeeeevul or stupid.