Make a board game

>Make a board game
>Stupidly let the fans decide on the game's name through some online contest
>They pick some dumb name like 'PickleRick McZizek deGrasse '
>The lawyers say you can't really get out of it

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/19/trainy-mctrainface-boaty-mcboatface-legacy-lives-on-in-swedish-train
time.com/4417742/mcdonalds-asked-the-internet-to-name-its-own-burgers-and-things-got-out-of-hand/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Scrap the project. Try and revive the mechanics at a later date and don't be a fucking moron the next time around.

Also fire my lawyers because they're all retarded.

Give me one real world example of this happening and the company honoring it.

Fire the lawyers. They obviously can't even write basic terms and conditions for a contest.

Why the fuck wouldn't you have the right to veto retarded names?

>It’s happened again. A public vote to name four trains running between the Swedish cities of Stockholm and Gothenburg has resulted in one of the four being called Trainy McTrainface in an echo of the name chosen by the British public for the new polar research vessel.

theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/19/trainy-mctrainface-boaty-mcboatface-legacy-lives-on-in-swedish-train

Does this count?

I wonder if any of the original supporters of Boaty McBoatface regret their actions after seeing the endless horde of unfunny and unoriginal faggots aping them at every single given opportunity.

>unfunny
Are you implying Boaty McBoatface was funny to begin with?

>I'm so funny I wrote Harambe McHarambeface on my president ballot >:3c

My generation was a mistake.

>Are you implying Boaty McBoatface was funny to begin with?

People on Reddit seem to think so.

Ehh not really, but it was something different, and gun to my head I'll give props to the original but unfunny over the memespouting faggots that quote Rick & Morty along with whatever's on the front page of Reddit.

Shit OC >>>>>>> Shit repost

Escape the zoo of being

time.com/4417742/mcdonalds-asked-the-internet-to-name-its-own-burgers-and-things-got-out-of-hand/

This should as well. Really it should just be a given that when you let the general public a chance to name a thing, someone will inevitably try to make a joke out of it.

No one gives a shit what the fuck a boat is named. A regular guy hears "science ship Boaty McBoatface" and you know what they do? They take an interest because it's funny. Hell, they might even go down and see it at the dock, which is a perfect chance for the scientists aboard to tell everyone about their goals and why they're important. Being stubborn cunts about the whole thing and refusing to name it that and instead going with something equally as dumb and nonsensical (when is the last time you heard of a boat with an actually good name?) but infinitely more boring.

>They take an interest because it's funny

Clowning may give you a small boost in the short term, but it undermines the legitimacy of your endeavours in all sort of ways.

>No one gives a shit what the fuck a boat is named.

The people serving on the ship presumably do.
It might be some shitty disposable joke to those who selected it, but for the men on board it is a little more significant.

Yeah. They would be much better off with some stupid generic fucking dumb name like "The Pearl of the Northern Ice" or some other poetic shit that doesn't mean anything to anyone. And are you really proposing that scientists would get so pissy about Boaty McBoatface that they'd quit their jobs?

>The lawyers say you can't really get out of it
Fire lawyer, use the "we reserve to choose the name ourselves if we deem the name chosen is retarded" clause.

>They would be much better off with some stupid generic fucking dumb name like "The Pearl of the Northern Ice" or some other poetic shit that doesn't mean anything to anyone.

By your defective logic, parents should name their kids things like TromboneButt or LordStink instead of "generic fucking names".

>“Hitler did nothing wrong,” “Diabeetus,” and “Gushing Granny” all topped the online rankings to name the new drink, which Mountain Dew describes as “Classic Mtn Dew with green apple attitude.” Other high ranking suggestions included “Soda” and “Sierra Mist,” but the online shenanigans did not stop there.

In my experience with PhDs, they'd have been trampling each other trying to get "Served on Boaty McBoatface as researcher (2015-2017)" on their resume.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you saying humans and boats have the same naming conventions and people treat boat names with the same seriousness as people names?

>treat boat names with the same seriousness as people names

Yes! Naming is not a joke.
A boat might serve for generations. Why would you insult it?

every day I thank the creator that I'm not as much of a faggot as OP

You guys are missing the heaps and heaps of free media exposure and Facebook shares these campaigns ner them. Yeah the names are stupid but the media attention is worth the weight of stupid name decals.

I pity the radio operator who would be forced to address himself as Boatface every day.

>the media attention is worth the weight of stupid name decals

Unless you value dignity

That was mostly Veeky Forums at the time, wasn't it?

Well I'm a lawzer you have to name it copy infriming name becoz of contest, dultswim would understanding. Thez cannot legal actions

Fuck off

Boats outlive humans a lot of times, and you might have to be saying that shitty name for a long time. I feel there should be a certain respect when naming things like that. Someone designed it, it was built, made for a purpose. I think a lot of people treating things as "just objects" and hopping from novelty to novelty can lead to problems.
But I do support whoever tried to name that Mtn Dew flavor "Gushin' Granny" that was great.

user, why are you drinking this early in the morning?

If I was a lawzer I would be drinking this early too.

>The people serving on the ship presumably do.
They don't.
Ships have fucktarded names all the fucking time.

>By your defective logic, parents should name their kids things like TromboneButt or LordStink instead of "generic fucking names".

They sometimes did. For example, do you know what the common name "Albert" originally meant in Old English?

Noblebright.

>t. Boat Otakus

All names turn generic with time. The arabic traveller and scholar Ibn Battuta sounds generic now, but translates to "Son of a duck". I met a norwegian once who was called "sacrifice to Thor", and he wasn't even asatruist.

Only in phonetic rather than semantic written languages, 次郎 has obviously had an older brother for several thousand years now and it shows no sign of letting up.

That's really just a side effect of English's weird naming conventions. In most languages names come from within the language. In English, many names are looted and separated from their native meaning. A German knows immediately that Wilhelm means "strong willed" (or more literally hard headed), but that context is lost on an English speaker.

English names derived from English words are mostly based on occupation, like Tanner, Taylor (tailor), Smith, Mason, Hunter, etc.

>not Boatakus
Come on man

A boat is worth more than a human life, and many of them will outlive anyone born at the same time it was built. Especially since maritime shit is reasonably serious business and sailors and the navy always put a lot of stock and pride into tradition and superstition.

>People on Reddit seem to think so.
They would, wouldn't they?