Anyone else think this guy is the biggest cunt on the planet?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wxc9WX2INp4

youtube.com/watch?v=ETSKg_K8iX8

Everytime I see this faggot in my YouTube recommendations it pisses me off.

He speaks and gestures like every word dripping out of his mouth is incredibly profound and important and yet hes a complete noob and everything he says is absolute garbage.

Just listen to how much of colossal fag he is when hes implying he has some deep esoteric knowledge of the "physics" that causes light colours not to cover dark colours well. Then he goes on to say that its quicker to do a layer of grey then a layer of white than just doing two thin layers of white which isnt true.

He absolutely sucks GWs cock and spends all his time buying and thinking about tabletop stuff while hardly playing.

Why do people watch this guy, hes like dunning-kruger manifest into a being.

He is a F U C K I N G C O C K

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETSKg_K8iX8
youtube.com/watch?v=f7qdJRmX1Dw
youtube.com/watch?v=Zgu7djuloZs
youtube.com/watch?v=Qr_GttMYzHc&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=QGNJyFdGUqI
youtu.be/b2Yxc84VYJA
youtube.com/watch?v=pvQk5BrkdSU)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ike dunning-kruger manifest into a being.
exactly my reflection - guy faps to his own non original observations like they were innovative and interesting

>He speaks and gestures like every word dripping out of his mouth is incredibly profound and important and yet hes a complete noob and everything he says is absolute garbage.

You have pretty much summed it up.

He very rarely says anything of value in his videos but he sure things he does.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ETSKg_K8iX8

>there was no way for "goat-men" and skaven to ally in warhammer fantasy, now in age of sigmar they can!

God I hate this guy.

Agreed. Now let's close this thread and move on to other topics.

This is called
>interwebz phd
Its when you are shit in real life but you have high aspirations and failed to achive them - you go on youtube and stat talking in a way that people with even lower then yours IQ think you are smart - then you fap to it

I wonder if anyone meet this bich at some con

Fantasy is dead, get over it.

youtube.com/watch?v=f7qdJRmX1Dw

>'This video is where I tell you about how Games Workshops "newfound" success could effect all of wargaming! :D:D:D'

Die

His view count and subscriber base are puzzling to me.

Who can listen to this clown much less watch him?

>He absolutely sucks GWs cock and spends all his time buying and thinking about tabletop stuff while hardly playing.
heheh yeah what a moron, I love playing wargames, what does it matter that all my figures are unpainted

True but the point is the statement about allying in fantasy is objectively wrong. Makes it more annoying when the guy claims that he was a fantasy player even though he clearly never played and only got into the hobby recently and is talking like he thinks he is Plato or something.

That's about as spot on an explanation as I've ever seen and seems to apply to 90% of 'eceleb' garbage

> I put massive effort into a youtube channel where I elaborately give my "expert" opinion on which rulesets are better than other rulesets and which rules you should play

>I dont play though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgu7djuloZs

I mean, yeah, he's a cunt, but there are plenty who are worse.

The difference is those other cunts don't constantly show up in my recommended viewing area.

He will also drag the most menial of topics out to a minimum of 10 minutes for muh ad / view

There was a video that said

>How do I improve my painting

and he rambled on and on and on

but I can sum it up for you in one sentence.

>take a picture of your mini and look at the picture.

I stopped follow him, his shilling of aos got the best of me. While I don't think the game is the crap filled croissant that Veeky Forums thinks it is, he still pushed it way too hard (usually by trying to sell flaws as features). And also his complete inability of being succinct.
But I'll give him credit, his wet pallet video changed the way I paint, and it was him that showed me songs of blades and heroes.

I mean..if you like to paint models..or want to get better at painting models..or miniatures specifically in this case, if you want to make your painting less crappy, and by painting we mean applying paint onto the model, paint being the actual, how would you say, substance that is changing the colour of your model..it could be blue or yellow or, you know any colour, you apply this paint, this is called painting, onto the model, and the model in this case could be a space marine from games workshop or a warjack for example or whatever, it could be whatever you at home actually choose to paint, this paint is applied with a brush, now what do we mean by a brush? brushes come in ALL different sizes but...

He speaks well and provides his opinions in a coherent way. I don't see why some of you are hating on him.

I dont think that he is a cunt. I dont think he says anything to profound either. I do think that he is a level headed voice of reason in a hobby filled with autistic screeching as evidenced by OP

Well said.

See the two posts above yours?

That sums it up perfectly.

I didn't know who this man was nor what he was doing, but thanks to you, I know now.

good job, OP

Winters SEO is also a cunt but he hides it better

>Why do people watch this guy, hes like dunning-kruger manifest into a being.

Because he actually releases content instead of bitching on Veeky Forums.

Watched some of his vids, was bored to death. Lots of whining, pseudo lecture and all in all he is very unpleasant.
I don't get how he has 57k subscribers.

I stick with Owen and Ash. One is a dry humor little bit of powergamer but still sympathic, the other is happy go lucky I play whatever, always in good mood.
They're like a perfect comedy duo of tabletop. Always fun to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qr_GttMYzHc&t=1s

The way he talks is comfy and pleasant to listen to, and I've learned useful tips on painting from him.

I think most of the hate in this thread is probably from WHFB grognards eternally asspained by anyone who likes AoS. Or just the usual parasitic fucking losers who have nothing to contribute to a community so they systematically shit-talk every person who makes a name for themselves out of crippling envy.

This. /thread

lol stay mad TM

I'm not the one who was so mad I had to pollute the board with a shitty thread about it, lol

>He speaks well and provides his opinions in a coherent way.

He drags every banality he says out 100 times too long to get max ad revenue from idiots and gives false information every video.

talk about mad, lol

He pisses you off because he went to Art School.
youtube.com/watch?v=QGNJyFdGUqI

I follow him and watch his videos. Sure most of what he says is stuff I already know, but he also talks about things that are really good for beginners, like etiquette and player attitude and stuff. I honestly wish more listened to him as I always meet so many players that are morons who could use a lesson or two.

But, even though most of his stuff isn't new, he has a calm voice and doesn't sound like some of the annoying aspies that dominate youtube wargaming content makers. He is also fairly consistent releasing regular content, which is always welcome. For wargaming stuff on youtube I watch this guy, BlackJack Legacy, Frontline Gaming, and Vince Vinturella.

Besides, this guy did introduce me to song of blades and heroes, which is my favorite skirmish fantasy game of all time.
youtu.be/b2Yxc84VYJA

>people still mad someone publicly likes AoS
Stay mad, bros. It doesn't matter because the anger has had no effect in stymieing the game's growth and popularity.

Literally who the fuck is this guy?

Just a youtuber that some anons are getting waay to triggered over for no reason.

Hes okay

Wargamer Fritz and Archwarhammer are both cancerous as fuck.

>Battle Report videos
Somehow more cancerous then livestreaming dnd campaigns.
If I wanted to watch people play the fucking game, I'd go play the fucking game.

I saw OP and thought it was Louie C K, and was confused

Remember when Arch had a livestream with Fake Laugh of Akkad to discuss how Creative Assembly was ruining Total War Warhammer?

>Archwarhammer
true cancer right there. what a fucking cunt.

I like him, he's good to put on while I'm painting and he probably helps more people get motivated to actually paint and play then most people on Veeky Forums do (it would be silly to suggest there aren't trolls on Veeky Forums who get of on discouraging people to paint/play, actually).

I kinda wonder if that's the problem. If you're just upset that he's a mildly positive guy that gets people playing more games. Or if this is all about WHFB, because I know we have a handful of anons who will be bitter about that until the end of time.

If Louie C K started a gaming/painting channel, would you watch it?

>people still mad someone publicly likes AoS
I still don't understand what stops these anons from just PLAYING WHFB. GW doesn't support it, but it's not like they destroyed all the old rules. People still play Necromunda and Epic, and they're not as bitter about that shit.

>I still don't understand what stops these anons from just PLAYING WHFB. GW doesn't support it, but it's not like they destroyed all the old rules. People still play Necromunda and Epic, and they're not as bitter about that shit.

The irony is, WHF 8th edition was an unmitigated disaster in terms of rules, meta and even some of the writing. The WHF fans didn't like it, the casuals didn't like it, no one liked it.

WHF was also only 17% revenue. But once it was killed off, people were outraged. Then AoS came along, had a pretty bad reception (fair enough, it was a mess) then it picked up momentum and was worth over 30% revenue. So the WHF fans pop out, who barely played the game anyway, to complain about AoS.

How were previous editions? Is anyone working on updated fan rules and such?

I don't know much about the other metas but I do know 7th edition also had serious balance issues, something to do with the Undead. Might have been 6th.

The casual level was alright but the entry level for nearly all editions come 6th was outragously high. 200-400 euros.

There are some with their 9th but its pretty down under and niche. AoS still is in the spotlight by comparison and most 9th ed still have some problems pervasive in the original warhammers. Like the insane entry cost.

Who pissed in your coffee this morning?

So you dont think any of that 30% is people buying the old WHFB models to play the good rank and flank rulesets that jumped in to replace 8th once it was canned? How much of it was vidya people who wanted stuff from warhammer total war just as collectables, which also came out at exactly the same time?. What percentage of "AOS" models are actually AOS and not WHF again? maybe 5% max?

Notice how the first thing GW ever publish which rolls back rules to a less dumbed down time is wildly popular? Notice how theyve immediately run with it and are now doing another game simply based off the massive response? Notice how CMON just got the hottest licence in gaming and used it to make a rank and flank game in the style of WHFB with way more in depth rules than AOS? Notice how they broke the record on kickstarter for a wargame?

The writings on the wall for AOS, no one likes kiddygaming.

Who?

>He speaks and gestures like every word dripping out of his mouth is incredibly profound and important and yet he's a complete noob and everything he says is absolute garbage.

You do realize you just summed up your average Veeky Forums poster with this sentence, right?

Now that we know he´s not worse than you or me, at least he has a good voice, that's at least something.

I'm literally the fantasy grognard you're describing, but I still like his videos, even though I obviously disagree with him on that topic.

Erm sperg, we cant see the average Veeky Forums poster and what gestures they do, thank fuck. Speak for yourself.

That's really the problem, isn't it? 9th isn't an alternative to AoS, it's WHFB players stuck in the past. Yes, the entry cost is outrageous, but that's only because the only ones interested in playing it are the ones who already own a 5000 point WHFB army. They don't want to show the game to anyone new to the game, they just refuse to move on.

holy shit, THIS, to be quite fucking honest.

>stuck in the past

A new WHFB clone just set the world record for launch sales of a wargame.

Looks like its you that's stuck in the past.

Yes we can. We know full well what kind of autistic fucks sits behind the desktop of the other posts on this forum. The kind that rips his hairs, throw shit around and argue with himself down in moms basement, when confronted by someone who might have a different opinion than him.

While there are people who do seem normal, OP is the type that Im referring to. And he's not alone, he's nothing special if that's what you think. He's one of the 90% other autistic fucks that posts on Veeky Forums every day.

Average Veeky Forums thread

>I proclaim X
>Nah man, I disagree
>Strawman argument
>Strawman argument
>Strawman argument
>Strawman argument
>made up shittalk
>made up shittalk
>made up shittalk
>Grammatical error
>Hah! I won!

Sadly, it usually don't get better than this.

What are you talking about? what game what clone what record?

Song of Ice and Fire

GW only follows money so theres probably some truth to the idea that theyll drop the bullshit and do a regimental again at some point.

Erm, you sound like an absolute spastic mate.

Hahaha, ok. When I see soiaf boxes dominating game store shelves, when I see tournaments as frequently covered and broadcasted as kow or aos, when I see generals getting even half the bump speed and frequency as the aos or whfb thread, then I will believe you. But until then, I really don't see it happening.

I like his voice. He's smug as fuck though, his video about how tabletop>vidya was horribly presented and boiled down to >muh DRM

So... since this thread really is about WHFB based anger more than anything else: if WHFB came back later in a smaller scale, do you think people would go for it again? Like if GW actually went 15mm or 6mm, and you could just field really huge armies for a much lower price, would it take off?

in this episode i'm going to show you what a smug 50 year old manchild looks like

are you new or do you only go in the 40k threads? literally every thread other than complete shitposts has constructive discussions and people sharing things about their games/hobbies

oh wait this is bait because youre just derailing this thread just like you accuse others of doing

Owen is a complete cunt in real life and it shows in his videos. Ive met him multiple times in person and he's always got some asshole comment or remark no one asked for. Ash is a great guy though

no you idiot this thread is about a shitty youtuber. Are you uncle smug himself?

when you look at the majority of other discussion/opinion channels they all have shitty cameras/mics/editing. He probably gets views from that alone. Also im willing to bet a lot of his fans are 35-50 years old and relate to his smarmy shit. Or are cucks who sub to anything who knows

Im not really partisan but seriously, you are going to see all three of those things for years, the orders are massive already and it has normie/casual/x-wing player outreach. Preassembled out of the box alone brings a huge market of board game people who would otherwise never bother with a wargame because of glue.

>hello an welcome to war-gaming live
>and we'll talk about buying a wheel off ebay, Simpsons references, saying MY SPACE WOLVES before maybe talking about the actual 40k topic the title says.

I watch for the tangents than anything else

there's a lot better out there for tabletop youtube videos

>pollute
>Veeky Forums
are you fucking 12 or did you get some nigger voodoo amnesia

holy fuck what i need a link. sounds delicious

But I want to be surprised by the mirror when I'm 50.

who hurt you

This is how you know AOS is a great and really thriving rule system.

Someone makes a thread about how a youtuber is a smug cunt. Doesnt mention anything about preferring AOS or fantasy, it's literally about a youtubers shitty arrogance.

Next thing you know it AOS players jump out of the wood work.

"I bet OP only doesnt like him because of AOS! Yeah thats it! There are AOS haters everywhere trying to tarnish it's good name! The reason anyone thinks anything is because they hate AOS! Bet OP is a fantasy player, this thread is now about refuting people who dont like AOS! They are hiding around every corner!"

Wonder why this always happens? Probs because AOS is a really great game and loved by loads of people.

how the fuck is being the biggest wargame on kickstarter a record? Also game of thrones is bound to die, it's a fucking popular television show and its le fan of the week normies buying the minis. Same kind of people who wear harry potter shirts and own sons of anarchy coffee mugs. It's a trend, and will never compete with games workshop

Not sure if youre being sarcastic but I actually agree 100%

But it is ultimately better to do grey and then white, because otherwise the white looks like shit. Come on everyone knows that painting with white is cancer.

>Everytime I see

You know you can a couple of times and he will be gone.

So? I don't like kelly litorco's videos, and yet you don't see me making bitching threads about her? I just click not interested and she went away. There are more productive threads you can make on Veeky Forums

Now, to be fair, there are a decent number of good things about his content. The production and editing is very good, for example his into is possibly the best on YouTube: pleasing to the ear, enough of a presence to be memorable, but also short enough to not be annoying in the 50th video you watch. For contrast, watch this (youtube.com/watch?v=pvQk5BrkdSU) to see possibly the worst intro on anything, ever.

His takes are also often pretty good, if you strip back the smugness. In particular, he addresses topics that go beyond the normal scope of any old wargaming channel. I first learned of wet pallets through him, which isn't to say the wet pallet is his invention, but much of that sort of information is hidden away on obscure forums. 3D printing is another thing that I don't really want to read up on, but it's nice to see his take on it. There are only so many times I want to see someone painstakingly examine the instruction booklet from the latest GW product; his channel provides more original content.

I do agree about the smugness, though. He's smart, but nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is. It's like he's IQ 120, but convinced that he's IQ 160, sort of thing. His AoS take is particularly bad, like "new-player friendly" is the only virtue a war-game can have. Like, if rules and restrictions weren't good at least some of the time, would we really have bothered with all these pesky manuals and stat sheets for decades?

That would be cool, 28mm mass-ranked combat was a mistake, desu. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it sell like complete shit.

Well not for me personally because anything smaller than 28mm is not something I would want to paint or model, which is 90% of my interest.

>age of sigmar
>rules
It never felt right man, for skirmish there's lotr, medium games with 50+ dudes a side was 40k, and Fantasy was the big 100+ minis game. But now there's two platoon level games, and they did this instead of advertising lotr while those godawful hobbit movies were playing which made them bank last time. But instead they keep discontinuing kits, shift the game off to forgeworld, and they're just sitting on it doing nothing.

no, thin layers of white are going to get you to an even white tone quicker and smoother than thin layers of every intermediary colour up till the white you want. If you dont believe me get a piece of sprue, paint a couple of thin layers of white = white. Paint black, then dark grey, then a grey, the light grey, then white = white and a massive waste of time that only someone who wanted to LARP like they have super secret knowledge would do.

>in b4 highlighting

Yeah thats layering when you want to leave the darker colours bare to create shadow. The guy wasliterally talking about "underpainting" darker colours under your basecoat.

>That would be cool, 28mm mass-ranked combat was a mistake, desu. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it sell like complete shit.

The vast majority of wargaming is, and has always been, 28mm massed combat you noob, ever heard of historicals?

A thread died for this. It could have been a good thread, and it died for this.

>historicals
You might as well just use blocks of wood and remove them once they're flanked then you dullard.

I wouldn't call him a cunt, he just strikes me as being really, profoundly unintelligent.

I don't mean that in the way that the average dumb person is dumb, in that they are ignorant of things, or have bad ideas and opinions formed based on faulty assumptions or poor reasoning, I mean he comes across as being of legitimately subnormal intelligence.

His videos about hobby subjects are often factually wrong, or cover incredibly simple or even intuitively obvious subjects in a bizarrely long winded way that is also somehow devoid of actual technical information and makes out like he's delivering the revealed word of god. If he sincerely believes that the content of his videos is as interesting and valuable as his mannerisms suggest he does there has to be something wrong with his brain.

His opinions on basically everything also come across as extremely superficial and as if he is literally incapable of comprehending differences in opinion. For example in one of his videos on age of sigmar he basically states outright that he does not comprehend the position of people who dislike AoS because it throws the WHFB setting out of the window.

I don't know what having a conversation with this dude IRL must be like, I imagine it's very boring and very circular, the average person you'd bump into in a GW store has better subject matter knowledge and more nuanced opinions on the hobby than he does.

AOS is bullshit! Blargh blargh!
Stupid Game!

Think about it: How many more new Space Marines could GW instead those dumb Sigmarines? 40.000 more per week I tell you!

AoS ruined 40k for me! Also it dumbed it down.

what does this even mean? have you ever played a wargame other than AOS and 40k? lol

Ah, the typo perhaps changed the meaning. I meant "it WOULD sell like complete shit", "it" being 6/15mm Warhammer. I'm aware that 28mm companies outside GW exist, although I'm not sure I'd say vast majority. Still think massed 28mm was a mistake though. It's not feasible to have more than a couple hundred guys, when I'd like to move around a couple thousand (albeit smaller guys).

>productive threads you can make on Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forums

go back to the normie land you peepee poopoo mans

It means god forbid units can be interesting instead of just blocks that don't matter.

i agree. 40k/Aos is a skirmish game, doesn't feel like a war game at all

> I'm aware that 28mm companies outside GW exist, although I'm not sure I'd say vast majority

wow.

Im really scared about the number and intensity of GW nublets in this world.

and PS. your hypothetical idea about a small scale warhammer fantasy? GW already made it.

bring back warmaster 2018
necromunda was a mistake

Yeah. People didn't care much about Warmaster.

What is this mysterious factor that makes games workshop units interesting and anything else uninteresting? please enlighten us. I mean you already said that every other game other than AOS is flank a unit and it gets immediately removed, so we know youve only ever played AOS and are just talking shite but do go on.

>what makes fantasy more interesting than a bunch of samey humans in different garb
You're not bright are you?

you seem to think the limiting factor is having the models or space. Its actually dice rolling, theres no way your going to be able to have a small scale massed game with thousands of guys and have them all individually roll their to hit to wound armour save etc in detail like whfb.

What you're talking about already exists its called warmaster and its very abstracted out like a massed historical.

For what youre talking about why dont you just play warhammer fantasy and stick five 10mm figures to each base instead of one 28mm figure, it would be the same.